• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Chiefs Release Stanford Routt

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
    They cut him because he was making 6.5 million and was getting beat on a regular basis.

Hey! He'd fit right in!
    By us, no less. Fitz and Spiller pooped on their D that game.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

The thing that bugs me most about Williams at corner is that coming out of college, he was rated a top safety, so of course he's playing corner. Imagine that, the Bills playing someone out of position.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ThunderGun View Post
        lol, obviously, one free agent CB won't single-handedly win us 3 games. I never said that.

But are we in "save the season" mode, or "think about next year" mode? Personally, I've completely and utterly given up on this season. We aren't going to go 6-1 and make the playoffs, so why bother picking up guys with big salaries to improve our team? At this point, I'd rather just lose-out and get a top-5 pick.

Each meaningless win screws us on draft day. If we had lost one more game last year, we could've taken Kuechly or Tannehill, instead of Gilmore. In 2011, we could've had Von Miller over Dareus. We could've had Patrick Willis instead of Lynch if we had lost one more meaningless game. You can't tell me we would be better off at this point adding more mediocre players.
        Why can't we be in both? If we pick him up off waivers, we get his contract, too.

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Why can't we be in both? If we pick him up off waivers, we get his contract, too.
          I don't think he gets claimed because his base is $1.8M. Any team that claims him will inherit 8/17ths of that, so they have to pay him $847,059 for the remainder of the year. It is possible, but I think teams would rather wait for him to clear and sign him for the minimum.

Nobody is going to keep him beyond this year. He has a $10M option bonus and a $4.3M salary for 2013.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
            Maybe a silly question, but why would the Bills want a player cut by a 1-7 team...?

-Bill
            This is a very good question.

I don't know much about the guy. I only watch the Chiefs when we play them and I didn't have any particular reason to watch Rout at the time, so I really have no idea if this guy is good enough to help us or not. But the fact that he got cut mid-year by a 1-7 team is not a good sign.

If it were the off-season, this could be seen as a salary dump, but who cares about dumping salary in the middle of the year? It doesn't make sense as a salary move alone.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
              I don't think he gets claimed because his base is $1.8M. Any team that claims him will inherit 8/17ths of that, so they have to pay him $847,059 for the remainder of the year. It is possible, but I think teams would rather wait for him to clear and sign him for the minimum.

Nobody is going to keep him beyond this year. He has a $10M option bonus and a $4.3M salary for 2013.
              Yeah, I guess. I honestly don't know how good he is as my only knowledge is from third parties and Madden 2007. He obviously got that big contract for a reason, he at least USED to be good.

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                Yeah, I guess. I honestly don't know how good he is as my only knowledge is from third parties and Madden 2007. He obviously got that big contract for a reason, he at least USED to be good.
                He has pretty good cover skills and makes plays on the ball, which shows in his passes defensed and interceptions numbers.

However, he also gets beat for scores too often and gets called for a lot of penalties.

I think he is being scapegoated a little in KC, which probably means there were some off-fields stuff as well. Their pass-rush has been a bigger issue for them, so my guess is he wasn't a good locker-room fit. That is speculation, though.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  This is a very good question.

I don't know much about the guy. I only watch the Chiefs when we play them and I didn't have any particular reason to watch Rout at the time, so I really have no idea if this guy is good enough to help us or not. But the fact that he got cut mid-year by a 1-7 team is not a good sign.

If it were the off-season, this could be seen as a salary dump, but who cares about dumping salary in the middle of the year? It doesn't make sense as a salary move alone.
                  It can't be a salary dump anyway - his money is guaranteed after week 1.

Regardless with McGee on IR I predict the Bills sign him.

And I called this yesterday - Eb has evidence.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                    Maybe a silly question, but why would the Bills want a player cut by a 1-7 team...?

-Bill
                    Because he's better than what we got at corner. Maybe? Perhaps?

You post that like we're some awesome team...we're a tipped FG away from 2-6.

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

Routt cleared waivers. He is a FA now.

Comment

• Mike
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ThunderGun View Post
                        lol, obviously, one free agent CB won't single-handedly win us 3 games. I never said that.

But are we in "save the season" mode, or "think about next year" mode? Personally, I've completely and utterly given up on this season. We aren't going to go 6-1 and make the playoffs, so why bother picking up guys with big salaries to improve our team? At this point, I'd rather just lose-out and get a top-5 pick.

Each meaningless win screws us on draft day. If we had lost one more game last year, we could've taken Kuechly or Tannehill, instead of Gilmore.
                        The Bills FO/Coaches had expressed great interest in Tannehill and had he falled, he would be a Bill Today. Had the Bills lost that extra game, he would be a Bill today.

In 2011, we could've had Von Miller over Dareus.
                        Dont know who would have bee drafted but Dareus most likely.

We could've had Patrick Willis instead of Lynch if we had lost one more meaningless game.
                        I remember all of the hoopla going into that draft and in particular how most posters on this board really liked Willis well before he was talked about in draft shows. His stock skyrocketed in the last movements and the Bills even tried to swap picks with the 49ers to draft him! Very highly he would be a Bill Today had the Bills lost one extra game.

You can't tell me we would be better off at this point adding more mediocre players.
                        Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡