Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Sometime I think the writers on these sites just look at a few stats and make a silly prediction. This author at least seemed to know the D-Line personnel. That being said, he either thinks that Darius is bust or overlooked him completely.

This one has us taking a DT...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-round/page/11
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Thanked 18,295 Times in 8,955 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Don't worry, we're not taking a DT.

Everyone knows the ******s who run this team want a CB.

Just another one to add to the pile.

3. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (11-30-2012),Lone Stranger (11-29-2012),ThunderGun (11-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,992 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well he's not wrong about the Bills being terrible against the run, but the main issue seems to be with our LB's. I could see them drafting DL if they switched back to a 3-4 again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lets look at the talent on the DL for a moment.

Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Mario Williams, those are sure bets.

Then we have Anderson who's posted two good season in his entire NFL career, also bounced around a lot. Kyle Moore has shown flashes in spot duty but it's a small sample size, so you can't make much of it yet.

Finally there's Troup, Carrington, Spencer Johnson, Chris Kelsay, and the corpse of Shawn Merriman.

Yeah, we need DL help if you ask me, but I'd rather go DE than DT. It shouldn't be disregarded when we only have 3 good players on the line.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We need a damn QB and 3 linebackers before we do anything.

7. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (11-30-2012),kishoph (11-28-2012),Mr. Cynical (11-28-2012)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can never disagree with taking a guy worthy of our pick when we pick. But, DT is one of our last needs IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    I can never disagree with taking a guy worthy of our pick when we pick. But, DT is one of our last needs IMO.
    If Dareus or Kyle get hurt what happens? You're starting garbage at that point. I also found it funny that Dareus came off the field after his sack against the Colts, Spencer Johnson or Carrington came in, 3rd and long was converted. Team needs DT depth bit time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well he's not wrong about the Bills being terrible against the run, but the main issue seems to be with our LB's. I could see them drafting DL if they switched back to a 3-4 again.
    I agree. It's the linebacking Buffalo needs to address now. BTW, I think Buffalo has made some strides in run defense recently. There's still lots of room for improvement, but I think Bradham's maturation is helping a bit. Also, Marcel Dareus is starting to make his presence felt, and Mario Williams too.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    If Dareus or Kyle get hurt what happens? You're starting garbage at that point. I also found it funny that Dareus came off the field after his sack against the Colts, Spencer Johnson or Carrington came in, 3rd and long was converted. Team needs DT depth bit time.
    DT depth. Not a Top 10 pick.

This mock is silly. They have a guy named Bjoern in the Top 10. Guys named Bjeorn only go Top 10 in the NHL draft. Then they have T'eo as the third LB off the board and only 1 QB in the first round. Sillyness.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)
    New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and San Francisco (Young). Two of those won with D though.

But it is extremely rare, you're right on that point.

This is a list: They're my demands Parzival's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.

I dont think there one of those guys this year. Barkley is the big name you hear and we do not, do not want him, and certainly not as our first pick.

I wanted Russell Wilson...
    Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    That goes for every position. But it's not as much of a hole as other areas which is why you'd rather address other areas first.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and San Francisco (Young). Two of those won with D though.

But it is extremely rare, you're right on that point.
    Don't forget Dawson, Plunkett, and Williams.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

FWIW, I would go with Barrett Jones, one of the three LBers they have projected going before us (because they won't, and I'd prefer Te'o), or 'reach' for a QB instead of waiting for the second round.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

12) Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley QB, USC
    Fitz can’t get it done so the Bills take a QB for the future. MB has 37 td’s & 15 int’s 64% completion rate. Recent injury will be watched closely.

14. Buffalo Bills – Ricky Wagner – OT/Wisconsin

Too many sacks and too many interceptions. Ricky Wagner has been a factor since Anthony Costanzo (2011 1st rounder, Colts) and Kevin Zeitler (2012 2nd rounder, Chicago) manned the offensive line. Buffalo has invested over $20 million in Fitzpatrick and need to see him upright

7. Buffalo Bills: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    General manager Buddy Nix, who is generally forthcoming about his offseason plans, told the media that he plans on drafting a franchise quarterback. This could occur in the second round, however, because there aren't any signal-callers worth taking this high. Plus, Ryan Fitzpatrick has played well enough lately to convince Buffalo to bring him back another year.

If the Bills eschew Matt Barkley, they could go with a defensive end. They spent tons of money on Mario Williams and Mark Anderson this offseason, but while the former has picked up his play lately, the latter has been dreadful whenever he's been on the field. Buffalo needs to put as much pressure on the quarterback if it wants to unseat the Patriots in the division.

Damontre Moore recently said he plans on returning to school, but he did leave the door open by saying, "I'll look at it." What he'll see is everyone projecting him to be a top-eight pick. That could prompt him to change his mind.

5. Bills team Pick Breakdown... Jarvis Jones OLB from Georgia

It's hard for me to not give a QB to Buffalo. They said they would, and, in the past, they've always done what they said, unless a player like Jones is available. Recently, rookie LB Nigel Bradham has been holding his own, and Nick Barnett is good, but aging. They have nothing else at linebacker for Buffalo. The Bills' need at the position is dire.

13. Buffalo Bills: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

9. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson QB/Arkansas

(9) Taylor Lewan OT / 6'7'' 305 / Michigan / Jr.

7. Buffalo – Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
    The more I look at Wilson, the more I think anywhere else he would have been a marque player. I know he has received some hype for his play, but if he had a half decent offensive line, consistency at HC, or more than one real threat to pass the ball to he may have had a chance to compete for the number one spot. Having said all that, he is still my number two QB and I have questions on what he would be like outside of a system with a good running game and a clear #1 target, which is why he is a perfect fit in Buffalo. Stevie Johnson, C.J. Spiller, and a decent offensive line could put him in position to be a ROY candidate.

9. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Matt Barkley’s draft stock may be slipping, but if the Buffalo Bills have a shot to draft him in Round 1, he will still be tough to pass up. The Bills’ offense continues to be inconsistent under quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has not made the strides expected of him this season, and the Bills have a chance to get a potentially great NFL quarterback in Barkley.

11. Buffalo Bills - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama (6'1" 200) *

Milliner has moved his way up scouting boards with his strong play on a great Alabama team

8. Buffalo Bills – Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

This pick wasn’t very popular in my last mock but I’m sticking with Wilson to the Bills. Chan Gailey may get a lifeline and rest his future hopes on a rookie, it’s better than Fitz. I really like the fit of Wilson with Chan Gailey and Buffalo.

8. Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley QB, USC

Like Smith, I think Barkley’s stock will take a swing back up by the end of January and into the Combine so by draft time he’ll be consider a high pick once again.

9) Buffalo Bills Select Jake Matthews, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M.

Reasoning: The Bills owner said he does want to pursue a franchise Qb, I don’t think they will do it here, I think they improve their offensive line to make sure their new signal caller has time to pass the ball and get it to their premier wide receiver Steve Johnson.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    DT depth. Not a Top 10 pick.

This mock is silly. They have a guy named Bjoern in the Top 10. Guys named Bjeorn only go Top 10 in the NHL draft. Then they have T'eo as the third LB off the board and only 1 QB in the first round. Sillyness.
    Im assuming your joking but its worth not Bjoern Werner is going to be one hell of a pass rusher, not sure he declares but wouldn't shock me.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Also guys it's B/R that should tell you all you need to know.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Im assuming your joking but its worth not Bjoern Werner is going to be one hell of a pass rusher, not sure he declares but wouldn't shock me.
    I was.

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Don't forget Dawson, Plunkett, and Williams.
    Too late, already forgot them.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    12) Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley QB, USC

14. Buffalo Bills – Ricky Wagner – OT/Wisconsin

Too many sacks and too many interceptions. Ricky Wagner has been a factor since Anthony Costanzo (2011 1st rounder, Colts) and Kevin Zeitler (2012 2nd rounder, Chicago) manned the offensive line. Buffalo has invested over $20 million in Fitzpatrick and need to see him upright
    After 11 starts at RG for CIN, Zeitler would be surprised to learn he's also the property of the Bears...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

23. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-29-2012)