2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-05-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fire Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Dorsey is just as bad as "deer in the headlights" Frazier. Dorsey has no short passing game cued up. No strategic running game to fool defenses with different looks. Hardly any slant routes. Everything is long developing, outside, and low %, especially on 3rd and short. Too many empty backfields. There really isn't any offensive game plan, it's make Josh scramble and wait for someone to get open after 7 seconds. I'll give Frazier credit for keeping this d competitive but the lack of adjustments in the Cincy game is just mind glowingly bad on both sides of the ball.

I absolutely agree. But this was Dorsey's 1st year as an OC, he theoretically has room to grow. However, this is the sum total of Frazier, who cannot, backed by a defensive minded HC who also cannot.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,153 Times in 5,890 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I absolutely agree. But this was Dorsey's 1st year as an OC, he theoretically has room to grow. However, this is the sum total of Frazier, who cannot, backed by a defensive minded HC who also cannot.
    The problem is the regular season record….

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    The problem is the regular season record….
    I guess I don't really see that. We eked out a lot against inferior teams. Those were not decisive, consistent games. We won them with superior talent and inferior coaching. I have trouble seeing that continue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I guess I don't really see that. We eked out a lot against inferior teams. Those were not decisive, consistent games. We won them with superior talent and inferior coaching. I have trouble seeing that continue.
    It seems Edmunds is kinda a see as a low safety with his coverage duties. He’s not supposed to be a run stopper. That is left to the 4 rushers and the other LB. Find a big safety. One with a chip on his shoulder. Like a Troy P ( head and shoulders user) type or a honey badger. You just aren’t really sure what there position is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It seems Edmunds is kinda a see as a low safety with his coverage duties. He’s not supposed to be a run stopper. That is left to the 4 rushers and the other LB. Find a big safety. One with a chip on his shoulder. Like a Troy P ( head and shoulders user) type or a honey badger. You just aren’t really sure what there position is.
    There are a couple linebackers like that this draft, if we used 3, they're right at that tweener size, but of course, we won't. Edmunds, still has too many responsibilities. They expect him to cover gaps, man a zone, and react to emergencies, because of his range. It would be the same problem with another lb in this scheme as it stands. You weren't sure in Edmunds first successful year, what Lorenzo Alexander was going to do. Edmunds had less to do.

Not so much with Miller, you know what his priority is, but to some extent, it still gave Edmunds a little lighter load.

It comes back to coaching again though, because they want people static in their zones and won't adapt. Like those long yardage downs they give up where they line everyone up back too far. It's hard to believe the players don't know better, but "just fulfill your role in the scheme".

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Defenses win games that they dominate the other team's offense and keep them from scoring points when their own offense isn't putting points on the board.

The offense scoring more points than the defense allows isn't the defense winning a game.

The defense having a goal line stand in the midst of still giving up 26 points isn't "winning the game until the offense blew it", especially considering the defense gave up the winning FG drive in OT. A drive that was 12 plays, 60 yards long, and included 5 plays that gained 9 yards or more and a third down conversion on the only third down they forced until the last win before the game winning kick.

The offense getting out to a huge lead and forcing the opponent to become one-dimensional and the defense giving up just a couple of scores isn't the defense winning a game.

The defense didn't win a single game in 2022.
    The defense didn't win a single game in 2021.
    They won a whopping two games in 2020, regular season against the Jets and playoffs against Baltimore.

That's it for the last three seasons, and zero the last two.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

9. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (02-06-2023),jamze132 (02-07-2023),Mace (02-06-2023),Turf (02-06-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Last 4 years playoff losses were ave 33.75 points and 440 yards allowed.

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2023),YardRat (02-06-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Defenses win games that they dominate the other team's offense and keep them from scoring points when their own offense isn't putting points on the board.

The offense scoring more points than the defense allows isn't the defense winning a game.

The defense having a goal line stand in the midst of still giving up 26 points isn't "winning the game until the offense blew it", especially considering the defense gave up the winning FG drive in OT. A drive that was 12 plays, 60 yards long, and included 5 plays that gained 9 yards or more and a third down conversion on the only third down they forced until the last win before the game winning kick.

The offense getting out to a huge lead and forcing the opponent to become one-dimensional and the defense giving up just a couple of scores isn't the defense winning a game.

They won a whopping two games in 2020, regular season against the Jets and playoffs against Baltimore.

Excellent angle and good points.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Saying "The defense didn't win a single game in 2022.” is false. Painfully and glaringly false.

The FACT is that the defense did not LOSE a single game this season, and the offense LOST all four.

The defense DID win several games. I already detailed it. Maybe you missed it???

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Upon further review, that statement is false.

The Bills defense won the games vs the two best teams they played in the regular season....KC & Baltimore.

Since I have detailed the FACT that when an offense scores 10 points or less, they lose almost every singe time.....conversely when defense HOLDS an opposing offense to 10 points of less, they win almost every single time.

The Bills defense held four teams to 10 points or less.....LA Rams, Tennessee (the team that too many posters said would run all over the Bills and there was no way they would beat them ), Pittsburgh and New England.

What is even more revealing is that the defense had a stellar goal line stance that virtually won the Minny game....until Josh Allen (read: the offense) literally HANDED the game to Minny by fumbling the ball for losing TD.

So, what games did the win because of the offense?.....

LA Rams
    Tennessee
    Pittsburgh
    Kansas City
    Minnesota (until Josh Allen handed them the win)
    New England

How many games did the offense LOSE?.....every single one of the four losses this season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nottie… last four playoff losses… points and yards allowed is in no way the fault of the offense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But the D dint fold and or wasn’t the reason we lost vs the Bengals.
    I did not say that.

The whole team played like ****. BUT, the offense stunk it up MUCH more than the defense.

Scoring only 10 points is a sure way to LOSE.

The offense was responsible for each of the three regular season loses. That is undeniably accurate.

The offense was played like ****, **** and even more **** against he Bengals.

Don't forget, that the offense **** the bed against the Pats the last game of the year also. Special teams won that game, and without Hines two TD’s the offense was outscored by the Pats. Besides the stellar special teams play, the DEFENSE kept the Bills in the game with THREE INTS.

In the Miami wildcard game, the defense handed the offense the ball on the Miami 23 after the first INT that allowed the Bills to go up 14-0.

After exchanging FG’s.....Josh throws another boneheaded INT on one of his patented “hero ball” pieces of ****. The defense holds them to another FG. Bills up 17-9.

Then, WHAT ELSE, Josh throws ANOTHER INT, handing the ball to Miami at the Bills EIGHTEEN YARD LINE. They come an easy TD to tie the game.

Before the half, the Bills get to Miami 21 yard line and don’t score a TD again. Another FG. Ahead 20-17.

Next possession for the Bills and Josh FUMBLES THE BALL for ANOTHER gift wrapped Miami TD.

It’s almost like Josh Allen is dong everything within his power to keep Miami in the game, and exponentially increase the chances for the Bills to LOSE it!!!

I could go on, but the reality its that the Bills offense, and in particular, Josh Allen’s regression into his scatterbrained “hero ball” bullcrap cost the Bills a chance at the Super Bowl.

To deny this is to deny crystal clear realty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nottie… last four playoff losses… points and yards allowed is in no way the fault of the offense.
    We are talking about THIS seasons. Try and keep up.

This year’s defense was totally different than last year’s. I already detailed the facts....

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I’m curious. What do you consider “quite a retooling” or a “rebuild”?!?!?

The Bills did that last season.....and the season before.

Before this season they....

Released DT Star Lotulelei
    Released LB AJ Klein
    Released DT Vernon Butler
    Did not re-sign CB Levi Wallace
    Did not re-sign DT Harrison Phillips
    Did not re-sign DE Jerry Hughes
    Did not re-sign DE Mario Addison

Signed EDGE Von Miller
    Signed DT DaQuan Jones
    Singed DT Tim Sttle
    Signed DT Jordan Phillips
    Signed DE Shaq Lawson
    Drafted Kaiir Elam
    Drafted Christian Benford

I may be missing some too.

So, isn’t this done pretty much every year??? Teams evaluate and try to improve. Lose some players because of cap restraints. Draft players that they hope will step in and make a meaningful contribution, and certainly develop going forward.

I suspect that the need to “retool” or “rebuild” is going to be less than last year or less than many think.

The Bills defense was still one of the best in the NFL no matter how much bitter fans want to **** on them. They were still the #2 defensive team in points allowed with a stingy 17.9 PTS/G. That is not easy to achieve. And it is certainly nothing to disrespect.

And that was despite the agonizingly massive amount of injuries to key personal throughout the season.

Plus the FACT that the defense was hampered all season by devastating injuries to their best players....but they STILL performed extremely well.

While the offense had very few injuries and all of their best players STILL **** the bed way too many times. The OFFNSE and in particular, Josh Allen were the main reason the Bills lost every one of the four games they did.

That reality in undeniable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But it’s Frazier’s D and again this different group achieved the same result .

I’ve kept up.

admirable how the performed with the injuries.

that doesn’t fill a trophy case…. It got us home field so they could stink up the joint in front of the Mafia.
    Last edited by sukie; 02-06-2023 at 01:40 PM.

18. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2023),YardRat (02-06-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

2020 is what throws me off about Frazier vs. McDermott influence. Toward the end of the season, they suddenly started playing aggressive and opportunistic, attacking the ball like an optimal Tampa-2 would do, the defense became more formidable, less predictable. Some games they'd threaten blitz almost every other play with different players dancing up to the line or dropping back, sometimes multiple. Then, they entered the playoffs and throttled down progressively, game by game, until elimination looking clenched and timid.

Struck me at the time that it was what Frazier was capable of, before being reined in by a clenching HC. There is still McDermott inserting himself into 13 seconds. Thing is, even if it is McDermott jumping in there, a DC needs to carry some influence or he's just a yes man. In the end, that's enough to make the DC ineffective anyway, He's just complacently passing time and nodding his head a lot.
    Last edited by Mace; 02-06-2023 at 05:17 PM.

20. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-06-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not to mention an assistant HC designation to boot!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not to mention an assistant HC designation to boot!
    He's his confidant with previous HC exp. They've said it before, they're close. Frazier is the mild, amiable guy that validates McDermott with a hand on his shoulder. McDermott needs his validation. He'll always say we'll learn from this, but in reality, he didn't learn anything, they were just a victim of circumstance, we were beaten by a better team, well why weren't we a better team ? Ah....we'll learn from this, will work out better next time, really.

23. Post thanked by:

YardRat (02-07-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I’d love for the media to go back to last years season ending pressers and ask McDermott what he learned from the 21 season and how did it impact the 22 season. So sick of the “we’ll learn…” excuse.

25. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-07-2023),YardRat (02-07-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But it’s Frazier’s D and again this different group achieved the same result .

I’ve kept up.

admirable how the performed with the injuries.

that doesn’t fill a trophy case…. It got us home field so they could stink up the joint in front of the Mafia.
    No, you have not “kept up”.

The evidence is quite clear.

The OFFENSE “stunk up the joint” WAY too many times this season. Especially the last game of the year. Terrible, crappy, underachieving, rotten and simply not up to the task.....despite having all their players available.

If Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs and Dawson Knox were not playing (the equivalent of missing Von Miller, Micah Hyde and DaQuan Jones) they would have some semblance of an excuse.

They didn’t. The Bills offense was at 100% full strength and they plainly **** THE BED!!!

When one side of he ball, the OFFENSE, is unquestionably and undeniably THE MAJOR and PRIME CAUSE for and every one of the Bills four losses this season, to even attempt to cast blame on the defense is monumentally uninformed, FANTASY LAND baloney.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fire Frazier is primarily about his futility in the playoffs… YOU. Want to talk about the Minny game. Holy Hijack.

why donI want him gone… last 4 playoff loss performances by his squad.