• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Time to blow this team up

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    Personally, I have no interest in a full rebuild. But I do want a legit QB to be found in the off-season. Plus a new DC, ILB, and OLB.
    add in one more wr i do like donald jones and i dont mind david nelson but we need a real number 2 WR also

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
      add in one more wr i do like donald jones and i dont mind david nelson but we need a real number 2 WR also
      Agreed. I want a bigger guy with speed. But I don't want it wasted with Fitz who can't throw accurately down field. Hunter, Allen, and Woods are guys I like.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I'm just looking at the Pats, Tenn, and even this game as wins with a better QB, solid ILB and OLB.
        You've now gone from 1 position of need to 3.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          You've now gone from 1 position of need to 3.
          No. I've been consistent in what I think the needs are. QB, ILB, OLB are needs. WR, SS, OG are lesser needs IMO.

QB is a huge task to fill. No idea how we will do that. I'm coming around to the thought of the top QB dropping to our pick and us going that route.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

My is Justin Rogers still on the field ? That guy sucks too.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
              We need in no order of importance besides the top 3...

HC, QB, DC, SS, CB - 3 of them, LB - 3 of them, at least one OT, TE, WR - 2 of them, K - because apparently Lindell can't kick 50 yarders nor kick off.

If that's not a team that needs a full tear down and rebuild I don't know what is.

Who do you say are must keeps on this team right now?

Spiller, Levitre, Wood, Mario, Kyle, Byrd and Sanborn. Am I missing anyone? By my calculations that's 3 of 11 on each side of the ball and a long snapper.
              Those two (and McKelvin, at least) will probably bolt for greener pastures, and at this point I can't blame them.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

No. I've been consistent in what I think the needs are. QB, ILB, OLB are needs. WR, SS, OG are lesser needs IMO.

QB is a huge task to fill. No idea how we will do that. I'm coming around to the thought of the top QB dropping to our pick and us going that route.
                And what about the issues with a general lack of depth, the issues with our other starting CB, the developing issue at RT and that doesn't begin to talk about the potential changes that will be needed with a new scheme being brought in by a new coaching staff.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Those two (and McKelvin, at least) will probably bolt for greener pastures, and at this point I can't blame them.
                  McKelvin can go. Returners are a dime a dozen in this league and McKelvin is garbage as a CB.

The 7 guys I listed are the only guys who I think we MUST keep around for the next 3-5 years or so and build around. Stevie is iffy but he's really a possession type receiver who works underneath...those guys aren't that hard to really replace but there's no need to let him go anywhere because he's the only real WR this team has. Donald Jones or David Nelson are fine too but lower on the depth chart at the position.

Everyone else on this team, IMO, are interchangeable parts where we can go get a middle tier FA who can do the same thing and then there are positions we need OBVIOUS upgrades. And that's not just at QB.

We could likely survive Levitre going elsewhere to be honest but losing Byrd would be a travesty. Seeing good interior lineman are easier to find than ball hawking playmakers at FS. However, with a team full of holes, creating even more isn't a model for winning football.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

And what about the issues with a general lack of depth, the issues with our other starting CB, the developing issue at RT and that doesn't begin to talk about the potential changes that will be needed with a new scheme being brought in by a new coaching staff.
                    That's why you interview candidates, and hire somebody that will tweak the intricacies without screwing the basics.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      That's why you interview candidates, and hire somebody that will tweak the intricacies without screwing the basics.
                      Because those basics are working so well for us now?
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

I wasn't proposing a new staff. A new DC, yes. But, I think Gailey should find a guy who will still run a 4-3 so we don't need to change out all those players to fit the new scheme.

Lack of depth is always an issue, I agree. I want that to come from the draft and free agency as always. I'm not as worried about RT personally, Hairston has played well often enough for me although his recent streak of questionable play is worrying. As far as the other starting CB spot, it's got to be solidified I agree. Could it be through resigning McLovin? Could it still be Aaron Williams? Could it be a free agent? Maybe. I personally would rather see our 1st rounder spent elsewhere but I could see an argument for CB.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

To rub salt... Whither just returned an INT for a TD.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I wasn't proposing a new staff. A new DC, yes. But, I think Gailey should find a guy who will still run a 4-3 so we don't need to change out all those players to fit the new scheme.

Lack of depth is always an issue, I agree. I want that to come from the draft and free agency as always. I'm not as worried about RT personally, Hairston has played well often enough for me although his recent streak of questionable play is worrying. As far as the other starting CB spot, it's got to be solidified I agree. Could it be through resigning McLovin? Could it still be Aaron Williams? Could it be a free agent? Maybe. I personally would rather see our 1st rounder spent elsewhere but I could see an argument for CB.
                            Again we are sticking with this because its been working so well for us?

And even a new DC is still going to want his guys to come in.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              To rub salt... Whither just returned an INT for a TD.
                              On a tipped ball which was an absolutely horrible throw by Brees.

Put George Wilson there and he'd do the same thing.

Comment

• coastal
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                                On a tipped ball which was an absolutely horrible throw by Brees.

Put George Wilson there and he'd do the same thing.
                                Them why doesn't he...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡