Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jessica Pegula speaks about her mother, Kim Pegula

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,897 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jessica Pegula speaks about her mother, Kim Pegula

Get better soon.

Reads like the daughter wants to take control when her tennis career is over.

2. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (02-10-2023),Night Train (02-12-2023),notacon (02-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    It’s exactly what happened, all our momentum was stolen. Cincy was rolling knees and popping chests, they wanted to win at any cost. Total POS team, that showed after as well.
    The very first paragraph of Jessica Pegula’s heartfelt essay told the story....

It all started in Australia after the incident with Damar Hamlin. I texted my husband, Taylor, that the situation with my mom was weighing on me. When can we start talking about it? When can I tell her story, my story, my family’s story? Everyone just keeps asking me. I really need to get it off my chest.
    We will never know how much detail the organization (outside the Pegula family) knew. But, these kinds of earth shattering events that affect the very top of the Bills organization, have a way of filtering down through everyone in that organization. It shakes the organization to the core.

Every organization, from a small business to the largest corporations....from an advocacy group to a political party....from a small church group to a nationwide charitable organization....from a immediate nuclear family unit to a full multi generational extended family.....anytime there is a “leader” or an “elder”, they take on the persona of the those leaders.

The personality...the joys and the fears....the excitement over achievements and the despair over failures....the perceptions and the expectations to the burdens of tragedy.....are shared among those within.

This burden for the Pegula family, exasperated by the eerily similar Hamlin tragedy, permeated throughout the Bills organization...the extended “family" of the Pegula’s.

Hopefully, they can support each other with this shared experience and make each other stronger.

4. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (02-08-2023),Jeff1220 (02-08-2023),sahlensguy (02-08-2023),Skooby (02-08-2023),Turf (02-10-2023)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It all started in Australia after the incident with Damar Hamlin. I texted my husband, Taylor, that the situation with my mom was weighing on me. When can we start talking about it? When can I tell her story, my story, my family’s story? Everyone just keeps asking me. I really need to get it off my chest.
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 4,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    You can always count on some crass self serving agenda folks to show up in these threads. Nice world.

All the best to her.
    The second sentence I can agree with. It is good to see Kim is still among us.

As for the first sentence...am I on a "crass self-serving agenda" for pointing out that the Bills need a plan of succession, considering that Terry Pegula's starting to get up there in years and now with what has been mentioned regarding Kim?
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    The second sentence I can agree with. It is good to see Kim is still among us.

As for the first sentence...am I on a "crass self-serving agenda" for pointing out that the Bills need a plan of succession, considering that Terry Pegula's starting to get up there in years and now with what has been mentioned regarding Kim?
    We went from 30 more years of assured Buffalo based ownership to someone that maybe able to get better, I’m sorry but it’s not selfishness to hope your team doesn’t move. I think that’s common sense. Also if anyone thinks a $1.5 Billion stadium stops a near-term (5-7 years) $10 Billion sale, you’re nuts. We need to have a huge commercial event occur and modernize the hotels near there for additional events. A dome creates convention traffic as well but hey why do common-sense events ?? Open-air is so last generational, it’s incredible. Even great weather venues built domes, we have short-sighted little kids managing the farm. Less spent and half from the state makes the Bills very moveable & that future profit isn’t going to charity.

I’m sorry for all the owner lovers and humanitarians here, they don’t talk to people like you & you’re not their neighbors (unless you live in FL richvilles).
    Last edited by Skooby; 02-10-2023 at 09:40 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

Turf (02-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We went from 30 more years of assured Buffalo based ownership to someone that maybe able to get better, I’m sorry but it’s not selfishness to hope your team doesn’t move. I think that’s common sense. Also if anyone thinks a $1.5 Billion stadium stops a near-term (5-7 years) $10 Billion sale, you’re nuts. We need to have a huge commercial event occur and modernize the hotels near there for additional events. A dome creates convention traffic as well but hey why do common-sense events ?? Open-air is so last generational, it’s incredible. Even great weather venues built domes, we have short-sighted little kids managing the farm. Less spent and half from the state makes the Bills very moveable & that future profit isn’t going to charity.

I’m sorry for all the owner lovers and humanitarians here, they don’t talk to people like you & you’re not their neighbors (unless you live in FL richvilles).
    The owners wouldn't even feel the pinch of a dome stadium upgrade and would make even more in a dome. I don't understand the cheapness or inflated estimates they got or business sense of what they're doing here. OK, every AFC East team is open air. This team could have been setup to sell 5 years from now with massive returns. There must be some reason they won't invest and built a 2.5B stadium that people don't want to suffer under. Whoever did their study was fing idiot or there is an agenda. Millionaires, Billionaires, are notoriously cheap. Build a dome with a windshield wiper on top if you're worried about snow weight. You've got the money. There is no lack of money for them in any scenario. Something in the background here is poor management and lingering.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

10. Post thanked by:

Skooby (02-11-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    The owners wouldn't even feel the pinch of a dome stadium upgrade and would make even more in a dome. I don't understand the cheapness or inflated estimates they got or business sense of what they're doing here. OK, every AFC East team is open air. This team could have been setup to sell 5 years from now with massive returns. There must be some reason they won't invest and built a 2.5B stadium that people don't want to suffer under. Whoever did their study was fing idiot or there is an agenda. Millionaires, Billionaires, are notoriously cheap. Build a dome with a windshield wiper on top if you're worried about snow weight. You've got the money. There is no lack of money for them in any scenario. Something in the background here is poor management and lingering.
    It’s setup for future family profit & the team being moved, let’s see all the rah rah we love the owner and are so concerned about them talk then. They best get a succession plan in place now & get the kids transitioning over, I don’t know how everyone doesn’t see this coming as well. This isn’t a guess, it’s assured the team is gone. The Sabres will be thrown in as part of the package like peppermint after the meal. No professional sports left, but we are so worried as fans. You won’t be if that happens, you’ll be pissed & they’ll be holding your tax cash in Palm Beach sipping MJ Thai chili Pina Coladas laughing. We chinced out in the stadium, it’s Dunzo after this Health porking. Hope you all like to watch eastern NY sports, you tax money will be paying for only that soon. Railroad job 101, that’s what Buffalo sports fans have to look forward to now. Owners need to get the kids on now, secure this S-show. This lets hope for better soon stuff doesn’t work with billions in play, announce the kids are getting the team through legal maneuvers.

P.S. Lingering is real light, this is incompetence 101 & setup for movement by 2030.
    Last edited by Skooby; 02-11-2023 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, kind of yes. "There is a time and a place" comes to mind, and a letter/thread created to finally give a health update on somebody that everybody has been waiting for is not it. Metaphorically it's sitting in the hospital waiting room and when the doctor gives first word the patient is going to live, somebody asks "OK, then. Let's talk about the will".

It certainly isn't a hands-off subject but maybe it would be more appropriate to start a different thread instead of turning this one into an episode of Succession.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 4,888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Actually, kind of yes. "There is a time and a place" comes to mind, and a letter/thread created to finally give a health update on somebody that everybody has been waiting for is not it. Metaphorically it's sitting in the hospital waiting room and when the doctor gives first word the patient is going to live, somebody asks "OK, then. Let's talk about the will".

It certainly isn't a hands-off subject but maybe it would be more appropriate to start a different thread instead of turning this one into an episode of Succession.
    I get your point; however, having the team president suffering a medical emergency should not have led us down this path.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of course the team was spent. You can't blame the guys for not having the gas in the tank at the end after the season from hell. But they needed leadership they didn't get. The coaches knew the team was spent. Practices weren't going well. They have seen that plenty of times before a loss.

So they dogged it right along with the team. They overthought it and implemented game plan adjustments that considered the teams state during the week. They coached the game like lame ducks trying to protect them.

Sean Peyton yesterday about his approach to Russel Wilson:

In his introductory press conference as the new Broncos head coach, Sean Payton said that his approach to working with quarterback Russell Wilson will be centered on emphasizing the things that Wilson does well because “none of us want to be at a karaoke bar with a song we don’t know the words to.”

Payton said that the coaching staff will also “minimize maybe any weaknesses” in the quarterback’s game and the coach expanded a bit on what he won’t be asking Wilson to do during a Friday visit to PFT Live in Phoenix. Payton said that he knows there will be points where the Broncos have to put the game on Wilson’s shoulders, but that the goal will be to make sure that other areas of the team are strong enough to keep that from happening more than a handful of times each week.
    Our team is backwards and designed to put the onus of everything on Josh Allen's shoulders at every opportunity possible. I am sure Josh Allen enjoys this it puts him in control without constraints.

All the great things McDermott gets done will always be foreshadowed by some huge fundamental flaws that people have had a lot of patience with--sometimes to the point of denial. In the highest point of adversity the team wasn't able to pull together due to underlying cultural issue's that stem from it not being a utopian world and there being a lot of constraints in an NFL season. It is Uber Allen or bust.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I get your point; however, having the team president suffering a medical emergency should not have led us down this path.
    I think it really can. The team has dealt with this all season and they deal with it together. Any organization built around love with so much passion going into it is effected by everyone's struggles. When the people at the time who are driving the bus suffer the whole organization is going to suffer.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It’s setup for future family profit & the team being moved, let’s see all the rah rah we love the owner and are so concerned about them talk then. They best get a succession plan in place now & get the kids transitioning over, I don’t know how everyone doesn’t see this coming as well. This isn’t a guess, it’s assured the team is gone. The Sabres will be thrown in as part of the package like peppermint after the meal. No professional sports left, but we are so worried as fans. You won’t be if that happens, you’ll be pissed & they’ll be holding your tax cash in Palm Beach sipping MJ Thai chili Pina Coladas laughing. We chinced out in the stadium, it’s Dunzo after this Health porking. Hope you all like to watch eastern NY sports, you tax money will be paying for only that soon. Railroad job 101, that’s what Buffalo sports fans have to look forward to now. Owners need to get the kids on now, secure this S-show. This lets hope for better soon stuff doesn’t work with billions in play, announce the kids are getting the team through legal maneuvers.

P.S. Lingering is real light, this is incompetence 101 & setup for movement by 2030.
    What total bullcrap. The Buffalo Bills are not going anywhere.

To say that "This isn’t a guess, it’s assured the team is gone.” is rally, really stupid. Plus it is totally inappropriate in this thread about the very personal and painful tragedy the Pegula family has endured.

Shame on you!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Of course the team was spent. You can't blame the guys for not having the gas in the tank at the end after the season from hell. But they needed leadership they didn't get. The coaches knew the team was spent. Practices weren't going well. They have seen that plenty of times before a loss.

So they dogged it right along with the team. They overthought it and implemented game plan adjustments that considered the teams state during the week. They coached the game like lame ducks trying to protect them.

Sean Peyton yesterday about his approach to Russel Wilson:

Our team is backwards and designed to put the onus of everything on Josh Allen's shoulders at every opportunity possible. I am sure Josh Allen enjoys this it puts him in control without constraints.

All the great things McDermott gets done will always be foreshadowed by some huge fundamental flaws that people have had a lot of patience with--sometimes to the point of denial. In the highest point of adversity the team wasn't able to pull together due to underlying cultural issue's that stem from it not being a utopian world and there being a lot of constraints in an NFL season. It is Uber Allen or bust.
    Huh??? Jesus.

****ting on McDermott and saying that the team "they needed leadership they didn't get” is simply WRONG!!! Totally and 100% WRONG!!!!

We know this by what the players have said and reporting of the same. Only the most clueless cynic would dismiss the reality of how much of a stabilizing and stellar leadership McDermott provided.

It’s nothing less than a disgusting smear.

Shame on you too!!!!