• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My Monday FA Open Thread

Wont be posting a lot today, I have a lot of work to catch up at my "regular ole' job". Thanks for the props lately from nearly everybody, and for the few who never have anything nice to say; let me just state that I am not nor have I EVER claimed to be any kind of a "NFL Insider". Im a former full-time and current part-time writer for Scout.com and a couple other smaller projects. I do have a lot of friends in the media, and a couple of credible contacts and from time to time I'm able to gather some information that's reliable and I pass it along. THis happened to be the case over the past 10 or so days. So if anyone thinks that I conduct myself like I'm Peter King or Adam Schefter: I assure I know I'm not. My gig is writing articles and from time to time I'm able to break a little news in the process.

Anyway:

8:56am: Roy Williams is still looking for a job at SS and would rather play in a 4-3 defense so he can play closer to the line, per various reports. While a Williams role at SS would help a Buffalo run defense and move Whitner fulltime to FS, I really don't see it happening. I think Buffalo's free agency plan from now to the draft is pretty clear-cut, and in no particular order, going by the people they've brought in, they're hoping to address these areas now.

1) Linebacker
    2) Left Guard
    3) Insurance at Running Back.

Considering they already got the most talented WR on the market, an upgrade at center and an upgrade at Backup QB (Anything is an upgrade over Losman)-- if they could fill those holes that would be a tremendous offseason.

Draft-wise.. Who knows. Alot of these tweener DE/OLB's, I'm not sure how they fit into this Bills defense. If wet get a OLB like I expect in FA, I would think we'd be looking to draft a pure DE who can pass rush. Maybe that comes with the 11th pick, but maybe not. I'm not a fan of it right now, but maybe the team does take Pettigrew with the 11th pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: My Monday FA Open Thread

9:02am: I did talk to Tim Graham over the weekend. I asked him to look a little further into Marshawn Lynch, as I was thinking that these hosts of RB's they've had visiting may be indication the team may be looking to move either he or Jackson.

Graham told me that he spoke to a higher up with the Bills and that moving Lynch this year is not in their plans in any fashion.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

and they shouldn't move Lynch this year, so good!
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

YAY!!! Lynch is our best player, trading him would be like 2 steps forward, 5 steps back.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Good!

I want to see us give him a chance to grow up and straighten himself out.

Id love to hear if they are currently trying to, or are working on offering a contract to someone.

I really think we will round out a few spots quickly now that we know how much we have left to spend.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

I don't think the type of RBs we've been bringing in are guys that you look to as replacements for your franchise RB. They're guys that you look to to fill in for a few weeks in case your franchise guy gets his ass suspended. I highly doubt there's a serious plan to trade Lynch.
            Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 03-09-2009, 08:09 AM.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Well there is little doubt Lynch is gonna earn a suspension, so it's good to see the Bills being proactive to find a RB to backup Jackson during his absence.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Wont be posting a lot today, I have a lot of work to catch up at my "regular ole' job". Thanks for the props lately from nearly everybody, and for the few who never have anything nice to say; let me just state that I am not nor have I EVER claimed to be any kind of a "NFL Insider". Im a former full-time and current part-time writer for Scout.com and a couple other smaller projects. I do have a lot of friends in the media, and a couple of credible contacts and from time to time I'm able to gather some information that's reliable and I pass it along. THis happened to be the case over the past 10 or so days. So if anyone thinks that I conduct myself like I'm Peter King or Adam Schefter: I assure I know I'm not. My gig is writing articles and from time to time I'm able to break a little news in the process.
                No need to qualify what it is you do or don't do, Pat.

You do a great job and have brought a ton of valuable info to Bills fans. If people don't recognize that, that's their problem, not yours.

It's sometimes hard for people like us to be taken seriously simply because Internet media is so clouded with so many others who give this form of media a bad reputation. All someone needs is an electrical outlet and keyboard and they can put whatever they want out there.

So, we have to work even harder than people in the mainstream print, TV, and radio sports media world to get our stories out there.

You do a great job of getting good info out to Bills fans, which is why we're all here in the first place.

Keep up the great work. I'll be peeking in today from time-to-time to see if you have anything interesting.
                Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

9:15am: This is not a report but an opinion based on common sense. I think there's little doubt the Bills are taking a DE early in the draft. Does anyone find it interesting that Jason Babin was brought in for a visit? This can't be good news for Kelsay. They're the same type of player, and Babin is obviously a lot cheaper.

Don't forget, the Bills are in negotiations to extend Jason Peters, and I would think they want to lock up Fred Jackson long term.

If they're still going to be active with FA as Russ Brandon claims, that cap room is going to go quickly. Maybe the Bills are looking to unload a bigger salary and Kelsay could fit the bill.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                    • Jul 2008

what was all that news about cutler? I know it prob will never happen but id take him over edwards anyday. Especially with edwards being so gunshy.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Kelsay for Waters

Comment

• Chewytie
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        Kelsay for Waters
                        Yes. YES!
                        /Pensive

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                          what was all that news about cutler? I know it prob will never happen but id take him over edwards anyday. Especially with edwards being so gunshy.
                          Cutler is not going anywhere. And neither is Edwards--for this season at minimum.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Anyway:

8:56am: Roy Williams is still looking for a job at SS and would rather play in a 4-3 defense so he can play closer to the line, per various reports. While a Williams role at SS would help a Buffalo run defense and move Whitner fulltime to FS, I really don't see it happening. I think Buffalo's free agency plan from now to the draft is pretty clear-cut, and in no particular order, going by the people they've brought in, they're hoping to address these areas now.

1) Linebacker
                            2) Left Guard
                            3) Insurance at Running Back.

Considering they already got the most talented WR on the market, an upgrade at center and an upgrade at Backup QB (Anything is an upgrade over Losman)-- if they could fill those holes that would be a tremendous offseason.

Draft-wise.. Who knows. Alot of these tweener DE/OLB's, I'm not sure how they fit into this Bills defense. If wet get a OLB like I expect in FA, I would think we'd be looking to draft a pure DE who can pass rush. Maybe that comes with the 11th pick, but maybe not. I'm not a fan of it right now, but maybe the team does take Pettigrew with the 11th pick.
                            I must have missed this, but do we have confirmation that Hangartner is our new C? I wasn't ready to cross "C" off as a need. My impression was that Hangartner has played both C & G, thus I wasn't really clear what our plans were for him.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                              Kelsay for Waters
                              HELL YEAH! I would do it in a heart beat and would even toss in a late round pick if I needed to.

Comment

Working...
                              X