PDA

View Full Version : Let's review, shall we?

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
JP started the season last year.

Beat a crappy Houston team.

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Lost a very winnable home game to Atlanta. JP was 10-23 for 75 yards, 1 int, 1 lost fumble, and was sacked 4 times.

Lost a very winnable game at NO where he was 7-15 for 75 yards, 1 int, and was sacked 4 times.

At 1-3, MM tries to save the season by switching to Holcomb. Remember that JP looked horrible in the last 2 games. I don't fault him for switching at this point, kinda like the point Pat is trying to make.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Lose a horrible game at Oakland.

Lose a heart breaker where they lead nearly the whole game at NE.

3-5 at this point. Back to JP.

Beat KC

Horrible loss at SD. JP 20/36 168 yards 1 TD, 1 int, sacked 6 times.

Lose winnable game at home against Carolina where the Bills only get 9 points. JP's numbers are ok. 16/21 for 197 yards with an int and was sacked 4 times.

Lose at Miami. 13/26 224 yards 3 TD's and 1 int. 1 lost fumble and was sacked 2 times.

Lose to NE. Horrible numbers 10/27 181 yards 1 TD 3 ints and was sacked twice.

Back to Holcomb. Why, I don't know. Might as well have played out the string at this point with JP. I disagree with MM here.

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

My point is that JP lost at least 3 games that we easilly could have won. Are we going to go through this again?

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 08:07 AM
My point is that JP lost at least 3 games that we easilly could have won. Are we going to go through this again? Youre implying it was all JP's fault ? The team was set up to fail. The OL was ignored and a 1st year qb wasn't given an OL and running game to help him out. You had vets who gave up on the system/coach. Tons of reasons why we failed and JP was not the only reason.

If we had the same coaching staff yes, we'd be going through that again. Hopefully we have a coach that knows better.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Back to Holcomb. Why, I don't know. Might as well have played out the string at this point with JP. I disagree with MM here.

Not many people bought into it, but they said that JP hurt his elbow or something. Who knows it was true.

mybills
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Bledsoe lost winnable games, too. I blame the coaching staff.

SABURZFAN
06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
look at the number of times he got sacked.no OL whatsoever. :down:

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 08:21 AM
The crazy thing is if JP doesn’t win the job, the folks here at Jpfanzone will immediately blame the coaches and Marv saying they don’t know what they’re doing. When perhaps, the last 2 coaching staffs, GM’s and all the players will apparently and in their professional opinions realize thru practice that JP may not have what it takes.

Jan Reimers
06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
You simply have to have some patience with a young QB and give him time to develop.

If you were to base everything on a handful of games as a first time starter, guys like John Elway, Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman would have been yanked, set on the bench, and missed out on Hall of Fame careers.

And it's not like we have a HOFer in front of JP who is going to win us a lot more games.

mybills
06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
We need patience with JP and the new coaching staff. It's that simple. Let's wait & see.

jamze132
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Lost a very winnable home game to Atlanta. JP was 10-23 for 75 yards, 1 int, 1 lost fumble, and was sacked 4 times.

Lost a very winnable game at NO where he was 7-15 for 75 yards, 1 int, and was sacked 4 times.

At 1-3, MM tries to save the season by switching to Holcomb. Remember that JP looked horrible in the last 2 games. I don't fault him for switching at this point, kinda like the point Pat is trying to make.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Beat KC

Lose winnable game at home against Carolina where the Bills only get 9 points. JP's numbers are ok. 16/21 for 197 yards with an int and was sacked 4 times.

Lose at Miami. 13/26 224 yards 3 TD's and 1 int. 1 lost fumble and was sacked 2 times.

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

My point is that JP lost at least 3 games that we easilly could have won. Are we going to go through this again?
First off I want to apologize for having to quote this entire piece of work. There is no basis for this comparison. There where too many variables in this equation. And I am pretty sure that Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, etc. have all lost "winnable games", yes, even at home. Big freaking deal. Give JP a line to play behind, some experience and a running back who isn't feeling "sluggish", and then we'll make a decision on whether or not he has the ability play in the NFL.

jamze132
06-13-2006, 09:51 AM
The crazy thing is if JP doesn’t win the job, the folks here at Jpfanzone will immediately blame the coaches and Marv saying they don’t know what they’re doing. When perhaps, the last 2 coaching staffs, GM’s and all the players will apparently and in their professional opinions realize thru practice that JP may not have what it takes.
I don't think anyone will be saying that. Whatever decision they come up with, I as a Bills fan will support, well at least until I can't take it anymore.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 10:07 AM

Pat, one question. If JP and Holcomb are dead even through preseason as far as performance, etc. Who do you start?

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Pat, one question. If JP and Holcomb are dead even through preseason as far as performance, etc. Who do you start?

If they’re dead even in practice and preseason games, I'd go with JP. But I'm not prepared to give him 16 games without some sort of leash.

At some point, if he’s ineffective, I have to do the right thing and pull him.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
If they’re dead even in practice and preseason games, I'd go with JP. But I'm not prepared to give him 16 games without some sort of leash.

At some point, if he’s ineffective, I have to do the right thing and pull him.

How many in a row?! How many games does he get before you pull him?!

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 10:34 AM
How many in a row?! How many games does he get before you pull him?!

depends on how bad he is. If he's as bad as he was in the first 4 games last year, I'd be tempted to do it after 4 games again.

If he shows anything, say one average game, I'd give him 7 games, which is right up to the bye.

It's really tough to say without knowing how it plays out.

Philagape
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Another irrelevant thread :shakeno:

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM
depends on how bad he is. If he's as bad as he was in the first 4 games last year, I'd be tempted to do it after 4 games again.

If he shows anything, say one average game, I'd give him 7 games, which is right up to the bye.

Isn't that the exact nightmare we lived through last year?! If he starts and doesn't make it to the bye than the whole coaching staff should be canned. This is exactly why we are in the mess we are in right now.

MVP
06-13-2006, 10:56 AM

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Beat KC

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

1. We beat Houston in every phase of the game.

2. Jp was getting pressured left and right, our defense couldn't get off the field.

3. Jp didn't have to throw because willis ran for 140+ yards, and again our defense couldn't get off the field.

4. No= worst game of season, great 1st drive everything else sucked!

5. KC= Best game to date in Jp's short career, showed poise and was able to keep his eyes down the field to make the big plays.

6. Jp is the lone bright spot in the SD game. Defense got shreaded

7. Carolina- Jp plays good, again our defense can't get off the field, and the game ending interception came from Jp trying to get a first down at the end of the game to sco.

8. Don't remind me, Jp played great in the 1st half, MM shut it down, and our defense got ****ted on!

9. NE bad game all around Jp had 1 nice pass (2 Evans) and our team was destroyed! Nice play by reed tho..

Jp has not gotten a fair chance.... I hope he gets one this year!

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Isn't that the exact nightmare we lived through last year?! If he starts and doesn't make it to the bye than the whole coaching staff should be canned. This is exactly why we are in the mess we are in right now.
But you can’t just make a blanket statement like that. I’m saying 4 games if he’s TERRIBLE and 7 games if he’s slightly better then TERRIBLE.

And by TERRIBLE I mean Under 50 completion percentage, games with multiple INT’s, averaging 100 yards passing a game. The entire offense struggling.

If he’s completing 55-60% for 150-200 yards and the offense is moving the ball, then fine, keep him in.

But like I said, it’s impossible for me or anyone to answer that question until the games are being played.

Let me ask you. Worst case scenario, what if after 7 games were 0-7. We’re averaging 8 points per game. JP is completing 45% of his passes 1 TD 8 picks, averaging 110 yards a game and is showing no progress. Do you keep him in there? I just don’t understand that at all. It’s not fair to the other players trying to win. It’s not fair to the coaches and GM’s trying to keep their jobs, it’s not fair to the owner trying to make money and it’s not fair to the Bills fans who want a team heading into the right direction. .

jmb1099
06-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Check it out...its a dead horse and now its EE's turn to beat it!

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Beat KC

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Let me ask you. Worst case scenario, what if after 7 games were 0-7. We’re averaging 8 points per game. JP is completing 45% of his passes 1 TD 8 picks, averaging 110 yards a game and is showing no progress. Do you keep him in there?

Let me be clear. I am not a JP homer. I just don't think he's gotten a fair shot. Plus he has been mis-managed since he got here. To answer your question, if he is the starter in Game 1 than he should play without interuption until the bye. If he sucks, he sucks, and than you know he's not the guy and you have a chance to make changes in the off-season regarding a QB.

I just want him to get a fair shot because he has the potential. If he can't live up to it than he is gone. But lets end the speculation.

MVP
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Let me be clear. I am not a JP homer. I just don't think he's gotten a fair shot. Plus he has been mis-managed since he got here. To answer your question, if he is the starter in Game 1 than he should play without interuption until the bye. If he sucks, he sucks, and than you know he's not the guy and you have a chance to make changes in the off-season regarding a QB.

I just want him to get a fair shot because he has the potential. If he can't live up to it than he is gone. But lets end the speculation.
Exactly, how can anyone call 8 games a fair shot for a rookie?

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Thank God you aren't the head coach. You sound like another Mike Mularkey. :ill:

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM

2. Jp was getting pressured left and right, our defense couldn't get off the field.

3. Jp didn't have to throw because willis ran for 140+ yards, and again our defense couldn't get off the field.

4. No= worst game of season, great 1st drive everything else sucked!

5. KC= Best game to date in Jp's short career, showed poise and was able to keep his eyes down the field to make the big plays.

6. Jp is the lone bright spot in the SD game. Defense got shreaded

7. Carolina- Jp plays good, again our defense can't get off the field, and the game ending interception came from Jp trying to get a first down at the end of the game to sco.

8. Don't remind me, Jp played great in the 1st half, MM shut it down, and our defense got ****ted on!

9. NE bad game all around Jp had 1 nice pass (2 Evans) and our team was destroyed! Nice play by reed tho..

Jp has not gotten a fair chance.... I hope he gets one this year!
:hail: MVP

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:39 PM

8 games is NOT ENOUGH! He deserves one full season if he earns the starting job.

EricStratton
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I have to back Pat on this one.

While there is no way to say today what is terrible or not but if he shows through the first 7-8 games that he has no clue out there then pull the plug.

In that case I'd go with a young Nall or whoever else wins the 3 spot over Kelly.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I have a feeling that if he EARNS the starting job, we've found our franchise QB, and the Playoffs are all but assured in '07.

EricStratton
06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
8 games is NOT ENOUGH! He deserves one full season if he earns the starting job.

No one DESERVES anything in the NFL, either you earn it or you don't.

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:53 PM
No one DESERVES anything in the NFL, either you earn it or you don't.
how about Alex Smith? Did he earn the chance to keep sucking up the joint last year? Hell, he didn't throw a touchdown until the final game. :shocked:

how about Eli Manning's first year? Did Coughlin pull him? Hell no. You don't do that with a young QB that you are trying to develop. :shakeno:

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Thank God you aren't the head coach. You sound like another Mike Mularkey. :ill:
Mike you can’t say that! I said it’s impossible to say without having it play out. For you to make s statement like that is irresponsible.

PromoTheRobot
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Thousands of people moved from Western New York since JP was drafted. I wonder if there's a connection?

Seriously, all this JP debate makes my head hurt because it's all pointelss.

PTR

EricStratton
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
how about Alex Smith? Did he earn the chance to keep sucking up the joint last year? Hell, he didn't throw a touchdown until the final game. :shocked:

how about Eli Manning's first year? Did Coughlin pull him? Hell no. You don't do that with a young QB that you are trying to develop. :shakeno:

You can't compare two number one overall picks (and the coaching staffs whose who were responsible for pickingh them) with the Losman/Marv/DJ situation.

If after a set amount of time after EARNING the job JP shows he can't do the job then he doesn't deserve the job.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:03 PM

OK Mike, Say DJ decides that your way is the only way. JP gets 16 games no matter what.

Then 7 games in, he’s just flat out awful. I mean worst QB play ever. His comp. % is at 35. He’s averaging 60 yards a game. Our offense is averaging 3 points a game. He has 13 Int’s vs. 0 TD’s. He’s been sacked 18 times. We’re an awful 0-7 and every player on the team is begging for DJ to make a coaching change.

You’re telling me he deserves to stay in there.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Thousands of people moved from Western New York since JP was drafted. I wonder if there's a connection?

Seriously, all this JP debate makes my head hurt because it's all pointelss.

PTR

then shut your computer off and read a book. I don't want to hear it.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM
OK Mike, Say DJ decides that your way is the only way. JP gets 16 games no matter what.

Then 7 games in, he’s just flat out awful. I mean worst QB play ever. His comp. % is at 35. He’s averaging 60 yards a game. Our offense is averaging 3 points a game. He has 13 Int’s vs. 0 TD’s. He’s been sacked 18 times. We’re an awful 0-7 and every player on the team is begging for DJ to make a coaching change.

That is simply not going to happen - mark my words.

Michael82
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Yup, stick with JP. Afterall, Holcomb winning 9 is not going to take you to the playoffs. And it's a moot point anyways. I don't think Losman is going to be as bad as you are saying. Hell, I thought he improved last year and will be even better this year.

Michael82
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
EXACTLY!

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:12 PM

I’m trying to make a point to Mike.

Yes, I know he’d have to try to be that bad. It’s not going to happen.

Don’t be silly.

If the numbers were that bad, does he still deserve the remaining 9 starts?

Michael82
06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I’m trying to make a point to Mike.

Yes, I know he’d have to try to be that bad. It’s not going to happen.

Don’t be silly.

If the numbers were that bad, does he still deserve the remaining 9 starts?
there's no point of asking that question because he wont be that bad. No one is that bad and if they are, it's not just their fault. It means the whole team needs to get rebuilt completely, especially thE OL, WRs, and RB.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Yup, stick with JP. Afterall, Holcomb winning 9 is not going to take you to the playoffs. And it's a moot point anyways. I don't think Losman is going to be as bad as you are saying. Hell, I thought he improved last year and will be even better this year.

Frankly, that's just ******ed!

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
there's no point of asking that question because he wont be that bad. No one is that bad and if they are, it's not just their fault. It means the whole team needs to get rebuilt completely, especially thE OL, WRs, and RB.

Ok Mikey. Don't hurt yourself. You win.

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Although I want JP to start all year, if there's no improvement as the season drags on or he's getting worse ( I doubt that) , maybe we can apply what we preach when it comes to JP, give Nall a chance. :idunno:

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Don't you guys remember how bad he looked in these 2 games?

He didn't have a clue.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:37 PM

He didn't have a clue.

I think we win both of those games with average QB play.

I'll get killed for this one, but if you combine that with the wins over Miami and NY and we could have been 5-1 after 6 games.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 01:47 PM

He didn't have a clue.

NO's he looked bad. Atlanta game the whole team stunk.

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM

Lost to Tampa Bay.

I agree with your whole post but only gonna quote this part.

Houston: Buffalo wins this game because of their defense. Losman played fine that game. But if Houston defenders could catch, the Bills probably would of lost.

Tampa: The Bills could of won this game. Score was 9-3 at halftime. The Bills first 7 drives of the game were for 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 5, 3 plays, 47 yards. And people wonder why are defense couldn't get off the field. They were tired from always being on it.

Atlanta: Does anyone besides me remeber that Atlanta was missing their whole secondary? Willis had his best day this game. We had a running game, they had no secondary, our passing game should of lit Atlanta up. Plus Moulds was wide open in the endzone, with no one around him and JP never even seen him.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I agree with your whole post but only gonna quote this part.

Houston: Buffalo wins this game because of their defense. Losman played fine that game. But if Houston defenders could catch, the Bills probably would of lost.

Tampa: The Bills could of won this game. Score was 9-3 at halftime. The Bills first 7 drives of the game were for 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 5, 3 plays, 47 yards. And people wonder why are defense couldn't get off the field. They were tired from always being on it.

Atlanta: Does anyone besides me remeber that Atlanta was missing their whole secondary? Willis had his best day this game. We had a running game, they had no secondary, our passing game should of lit Atlanta up. Plus Moulds was wide open in the endzone, with no one around him and JP never even seen him.

That Atlanta game was a close one, a few plays could have made the diff.

But I guess it's not about winning. It's only about JP.

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I think we win both of those games with average QB play.

I'll get killed for this one, but if you combine that with the wins over Miami and NY and we could have been 5-1 after 6 games.
Atlanta, NO, and Carolina would have all been won with average QB play.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM

Here it comes!

8 wins, what good would that have done us? Blah, blah blah!

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Revisionist history. You are correct that Atlanta's secondary was totally vulnerable but dumb-butt MM ran the ball in the second half even after Atlanta had sustained some injuries in their secondary. We didn't attempt any deep balls. Unless I'm mistaken JP was the QB and not the coach. Let's not forget that we were going to be a power running team. That works great when you have a good lead and a good Defense.

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 01:58 PM

!

1) If the 5 or so passes Losman threw right into the hands of Houston defenders were caught, the game would of been a whole different story.

2) the defense couldn't get off the field because the offense couldn't produce any 1st downs. Of course they are gonna be tired and not be able to get off the field when they were on it the whole game.

3) JP did need to throw. Atlanta was missing their whole secondary and playing backups.

7) Again offense didn't do much this game to help out the defense. Bills still had a chance to win the game but Losman throws a INT. Game over

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Here it comes!

8 wins, what good would that have done us? Blah, blah blah!
Those three were the obvious ones. There were a couple of others as well.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Revisionist history. You are correct that Atlanta's secondary was totally vulnerable but dumb-butt MM ran the ball in the second half even after Atlanta had sustained some injuries in their secondary. We didn't attempt any deep balls. Unless I'm mistaken JP was the QB and not the coach. Let's not forget that we were going to be a power running team. That works great when you have a good lead and a good Defense.

Maybe he didn't trust his QB?

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 02:01 PM

Criticized for failing to be decisive in last weekend's 19-3 loss at Tampa Bay, McGahee had a career-high 140 yards rushing and scored Buffalo's lone touchdown, an 8-yarder up the middle.
Receiver Eric Moulds (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3510/) was unhappy the Bills didn't attempt to pass more against a defensive secondary that was down to three cornerbacks. ``I don't want to second-guess what they wanted to do, but at some point, we have to be able to take shots down the field,'' Moulds said, referring to the game plan.

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Those three were the obvious ones. There were a couple of others as well.

Don't have to tell me. I always want to win

Earthquake Enyart
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Don't have to tell me. I always want to win
This is what I don't get about the JP crowd. Are you willing to shell out $ for tickets, knowing you will see 8 games like Atlanta and New Orleans?

WIlling to throw the whole season away?

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM

And maybe even the Tampa game.

The Bills could have been 6-0 starting the season if the didn't cut Bledsoe or started Holcomb.

And if the Losman could of led the Bills to some first downs and kept our defense fresh at the beginning of the year, Takeo Spikes might not of been hurt. :)

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
And maybe even the Tampa game.

The Bills could have been 6-0 starting the season if the didn't cut Bledsoe or started Holcomb.

And if the Losman could of led the Bills to some first downs and kept our defense fresh at the beginning of the year, Takeo Spikes might not of been hurt. :)

Takeo was injured before he came on the field against Atlanta. The doctors told him if he played he was going to blow his achilles. It was a problem that had developed well before camp. Our defense, in the Atlanta game, gave up the most yards in a game since the Miami game in 2001. Our D stunk. Did you watch the Tampa game? We were dominated in every facet of the game. PERIOD. I am really tired of your posts!!!!!!!

Post Edited: please attack the post and NOT the poster! - Mikey82

Patrick76777
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm probably going to get warned for this but you are a jerk. Takeo was injured before he came on the field against Atlanta. The doctors told him if he played he was going to blow his achilles. It was a problem that had developed well before camp. Our defense, in the Atlanta game, gave up the most yards in a game since the Miami game in 2001. Our D stunk. Did you watch the Tampa game? We were dominated in every facet of the game. PERIOD. I am really tired of your moron posts!!!!!!!

Just when we were making headway.

Hey EE, it's like in the Sopranos Finale. Carmine Jr. just had to throw in that part about the Shah’s brother.

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm probably going to get warned for this but you are a jerk. Takeo was injured before he came on the field against Atlanta. The doctors told him if he played he was going to blow his achilles. It was a problem that had developed well before camp. Our defense, in the Atlanta game, gave up the most yards in a game since the Miami game in 2001. Our D stunk. Did you watch the Tampa game? We were dominated in every facet of the game. PERIOD. I am really tired of your moron posts!!!!!!!

The Spikes thing was a joke. Sarcasm from me for being called a Losman hater. I'd figure I'd blame him for that also. But it was a joke. That's why I put a smiley face after it.

And I did watch the Atlanta and Tampa games. I watched a QB that couldn't sustain drives to keep his defense off the field.

evol4276
06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
ok lets recap it again. jp won the first game he ever played professionally. lost the second game he ever played. lost the third game he ever played. See the trend here? Get over it, it was a learning process

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Post Edited: please attack the post and NOT the poster! - Mikey82

Mikey, You didn't have to edit Hurricanes post. I knew the post about Losman causing Spikes injury would get attacked. And it deserved to. Was a joke and he took the bait.