PDA

View Full Version : ST team rankings: Returns lead Bills to second

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 08:19 AM
2. Buffalo Bills
Kicking
Rian Lindell performed admirably for the Bills and fantasy owners last season. He converted 83 percent of his kicks (29-of-35), including 10-of-13 from 40 yards or longer. Punter Brian Moorman was second in the NFL with a strong 39.1 net punting average. Moorman pinned opponents inside the 20 on 31 percent of his kicks.

Returns
The Bills received a boost from the strong return game. Terrence McGee led the NFL with a return average of 30.2 yards on 46 returns. Nate Clements will battle second-year receiver Roscoe Parrish for the role of punt returner this season. As a team, the Bills returned only 28 punts last year, but did average 10 yards per return.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5688394

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Since Clements is franchised and might not be here, I make him return punts. Screw it.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Great thinking ICE. Instead of giving his replacement experience, let's keep running him on punt returns. With your logic , screw Losman, the doesn't need the experience. Start Holcomb!!!!

bigbub2352
06-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Only problem with Clements at PR is that he fumbles the ball alot, Parrish was bread to be a return man, plus Andre Davis and Terrance Mcgee on KR, also Eric King and Jabari Greer and Shaud Williams can all do punt returns, also Jim Leonard as well.

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Great thinking ICE. Instead of giving his replacement experience, let's keep running him on punt returns. With your logic , screw Losman, the doesn't need the experience. Start Holcomb!!!!

I have to ask, WTF are you talking about? Clements is gone this next offseason. Let him return punts. WTF does that have to do with giving his replacement reps at CB???? We have tons of guys that have returned punts before that will get reps next offseason/ Preseason.

Your post made no sense.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I have to ask, WTF are you talking about? Clements is gone this next offseason. Let him return punts. WTF does that have to do with giving his replacement reps at CB???? We have tons of guys that have returned punts before that will get reps next offseason/ Preseason.

Your post made no sense.
your reason for making Clements return punts is because he may be gone? If he's definitely gone next year, you want to start having his replacement do the returning so he get's better w/ experience. Parrish has an upside when it comes to returning , by the same logic that JP needs experience, you do the same in the punt return or every other position in order for them to develop. Comprende?

Stewie
06-15-2006, 10:23 AM
your reason for making Clements return punts is because he may be gone? If he's definitely gone next year, you want to start having his replacement do the returning so he get's better w/ experience. Parrish has an upside when it comes to returning , by the same logic that JP needs experience, you do the same in the punt return or every other position in order for them to develop. Comprende?

No comprendo. Clements no tiene contract. JP esta property de la buffalo bills beyond un ano.

Or something.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 10:28 AM
No comprendo. Clements no tiene contract. JP esta property de la buffalo bills beyond un ano.

Or something. So is Parrish and if Parrish is better or equal to Clements in the punt return game, you make him return the punts. This way he'll only get better with experience. You don't make Clements return punts just because he's gone next year. That isn't going to help us next year. Remember, we're building a team for the future, not playing to win this year and if Clements isn't part of that future, you give experience to someone who is.

Mitchy moo
06-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Or something.

si

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Justa, Now you are just being stubborn and stupid about this. I KNOW you know there is no comparrison between the skill for a QB's devleopment and a guy returning punts. Parrish in two weeks of practice would be up to speed. I WISH it were that easy for QB's

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Justa, Now you are just being stubborn and stupid about this. I KNOW you know there is no comparrison between the skill for a QB's devleopment and a guy returning punts. Parrish in two weeks of practice would be up to speed. I WISH it were that easy for QB'sNo. I know the qb position is more demanding compared to the run game. But every position requires experience and can only get better with it. Every player needs to know where the blocks are going to be. Every player needs to get familiar with each other. You don't achieve that in 2 weeks. I wish it were that easy but it isn't. Repetition makes you better.

Having great field position after every punt helps. If Parrish is going to be the guy next year, you give it to him now. It's still the same logic with Losman.

Stewie
06-15-2006, 10:53 AM
no no. See... if clements gets hurt, he's staying in buffalo.

I think punt returner is probably the most instinctual position in football. I'm sure Parrish has been laid out enough times to know that the object is to find the crease and run like hell.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 10:55 AM
no no. See... if clements gets hurt, he's staying in buffalo.

I think punt returner is probably the most instinctual position in football. I'm sure Parrish has been laid out enough times to know that the object is to find the crease and run like hell.It makes it easier to run through the crease when you know where your blocks are . Doesn't the same thing apply when the rb knows his OL?

Stewie
06-15-2006, 12:19 PM
It makes it easier to run through the crease when you know where your blocks are . Doesn't the same thing apply when the rb knows his OL?

No, because an offense is run out of a set formation. You know where the ball is coming to you and when. You have time to definitively know where your hole is "supposed to be" before the ball is snapped.

On a kick return, you can set up a play, but if the kicker squibs it or it goes to the wrong side, all bets are off.. and so is your head if you dont get the hell into the crease ASAP :)

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
No. I know the qb position is more demanding compared to the run game. But every position requires experience and can only get better with it. Every player needs to know where the blocks are going to be. Every player needs to get familiar with each other. You don't achieve that in 2 weeks. I wish it were that easy but it isn't. Repetition makes you better.

Having great field position after every punt helps. If Parrish is going to be the guy next year, you give it to him now. It's still the same logic with Losman.

LMAO I am telling you, its that easy. I can't help most players returning punts are too stupid to hit the holes and go.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Why was Parrish given the bulk of the punt return as soon as he was able to play after his injury ICe? We all knew then that Clements might be gone this year. So if you're telling me we should put him in there just because he's gone next year, you're nuts. You put the best guy in there. IF Clements is the best guy, you go ahead and let him return the punts but if Parrish is equal or better, he reutrns.

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Why was Parrish given the bulk of the punt return as soon as he was able to play after his injury ICe? We all knew then that Clements might be gone this year. So if you're telling me we should put him in there just because he's gone next year, you're nuts. You put the best guy in there. IF Clements is the best guy, you go ahead and let him return the punts but if Parrish is equal or better, he reutrns.

Good coaching says you dont' put a starting all pro type CB/WR/RB etc back to return kicks and punts. You get a guy like parrish to do it.

I say if Clements is better but gone I put him back there. If he were under contract long term I don't subject him to that additional potential injury. Look we have 3 guys maybe more that can be stud return men. BLOCKING is what makes great special teams. And that is already in order thanks to April regardless of who is back there.

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Good coaching says you dont' put a starting all pro type CB/WR/RB etc back to return kicks and punts. You get a guy like parrish to do it.

I say if Clements is better but gone I put him back there. If he were under contract long term I don't subject him to that additional potential injury. Look we have 3 guys maybe more that can be stud return men. BLOCKING is what makes great special teams. And that is already in order thanks to April regardless of who is back there.Clements was the best punt returner, are you saying April was wrong in having him return punts the last couple of years? McGee is now becoming a very important cb on our team, if no one beats him out, are you saying sit him down anyways?

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Clements was the best punt returner, are you saying April was wrong in having him return punts the last couple of years? McGee is now becoming a very important cb on our team, if no one beats him out, are you saying sit him down anyways?

Um Yes. How many more times do I need to post it? If parrish can do the job let him. There is nothing that says he kid can't be the best in the NFL. AGAIN FOR THE REAL SLOW....BLOCKING makes special teams returns so great. I have never met one ST 'Stud' regardless of speed that could get it done on a regular basis without blocking. Even Dante Hall needs some blocking.

Go back and look at the great returns the last 2 years or so. Great blocking.

Putting starters on returns is a dangerous endevor. April will look like a God until Clements or McGee blows a knee on a return then our secondary gets torched the rest of the season

justasportsfan
06-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Um Yes. How many more times do I need to post it? If parrish can do the job let him. There is nothing that says he kid can't be the best in the NFL. AGAIN FOR THE REAL SLOW....BLOCKING makes special teams returns so great. I have never met one ST 'Stud' regardless of speed that could get it done on a regular basis without blocking. Even Dante Hall needs some blocking.

Go back and look at the great returns the last 2 years or so. Great blocking.

Putting starters on returns is a dangerous endevor. April will look like a God until Clements or McGee blows a knee on a return then our secondary gets torched the rest of the season
I'll take April's coaching mindset over yours anyday. :up: and please, don't come back with, you know better than April.

G. Host
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Parrish was bread to be a return man.

Parrish was 'bread' to be road kill. I doubt he will last any year without an injury taking him out for multiple games.

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Parrish was 'bread' to be road kill. I doubt he will last any year without an injury taking him out for multiple games.

I thought I read somewhere now that he can fully work out, he was weighing in the 180's? if so he is fine for his height.

McGahee420
06-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Since Clements is franchised and might not be here, I make him return punts. Screw it.

He is scary with the ball though. He does make a lot of plays, but he coughs up the ball alot too. Id rather not have him return punts