PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the real offseason

TigerJ
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
The playoffs are ancient history now. So is free agency. The pre-draft hype is done with. The draft has been executed and the obligatory second guessing of the teams' choices. The OTAs and mini-camps are in the books. The players have gone home to relax before training camp begins. The coachs will have nothing of substance to say and anything all fans and "experts" can say has already been said ten times before. Welcome to the driest month of the year for football fans, the true offseason, when virtually nothing happens. What do you do to make it go faster?

Don't Panic
06-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Go outside.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Work?

SABURZFAN
06-16-2006, 08:55 AM
The playoffs are ancient history now. So is free agency. The pre-draft hype is done with. The draft has been executed and the obligatory second guessing of the teams' choices. The OTAs and min-camps are in the books. The players have gone home to relax before training camp begins. The coachs will have nothing of substance to say and all fans and "experts can say has already been said ten times before. Welcome to the driest month of the year for football fans, the true offseason, when virtually nothing happens. What do you do to make it go faster?

getting ready for the BZFL. :up:

SABURZFAN
06-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Work?

DING!!!!!fries are done.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2006, 09:27 AM
What do you do to make it go faster?
Watch baseball, the FIFA World Cup, the U.S. Open, the Stanley Cup finals, the World Darts Championship, the World Series of Poker, Dominoes from Jamaica. . .

And my wife says I'm addicted to sports.

G. Host
06-16-2006, 11:33 AM
. What do you do to make it go faster?
Watch CFL :canada:

BillsFever21
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
getting ready for the BZFL. :up:

:up:

I have a good core of young players for next year and after another year of FA and my draft choices come around I will be in even better shape.

I think I could've made it to the first round of the playoffs if I kept Brunell. My offense would've gotten me that far.

I'm not interested in a one and done type of deal this year though. I hope I lose a lot of games and stockpile some more high draft picks next year.

SABURZFAN
06-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I hope I lose a lot of games and stockpile some more high draft picks next year.

:huh:

BillsFever21
06-16-2006, 12:00 PM
:huh:

I don't care if I lose a lot of games this year in the BZFL. More high draft picks will get me what I need to be a major contender the following season.

McGahee420
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Watch baseball, the FIFA World Cup, the U.S. Open, the Stanley Cup finals, the World Darts Championship, the World Series of Poker, Dominoes from Jamaica. . .

And my wife says I'm addicted to sports.

No NBA Finals???? :)

Philagape
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
:hang:

Mr. Miyagi
06-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Insult Tourney!!

Tatonka
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
i am praying the stanley cup goes to 7 games. and the last game has 15 overtimes.

SABURZFAN
06-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I don't care if I lose a lot of games this year in the BZFL. More high draft picks will get me what I need to be a major contender the following season.

that's your opinion i guess... but i'm hoping that i improve the 6-12 record for the team that i took over.i'd be happy if i made .500 this year.having only 5 draft picks didn't help either.my rebuilding process will be a couple of years.

shelby
06-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Go outside.
Brilliant!
http://www.guinness1759society.com/images/landing_blooper_img.jpg

HHURRICANE
06-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Man, I was just thinking about how bad this time of year is. Even the NFL on Sirrius is boring. I guess I'll go play golf.

Tatonka
06-18-2006, 02:06 PM
game 7! now i just need 15 overtimes.

YardRat
06-18-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll go golfing.

And then maybe I'll golf some more.

The I'll work on my putting and wedges.

And then I'll go golfing again.

shelby
06-18-2006, 02:52 PM
i miss golf. :(

YardRat
06-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I think you should get back into the swing of things, shelby :D

shelby
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
i no longer have my clubs in my possession.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
I really like soccer and am going to be watching as many games of the FIFA World Cup as I possibly can. And, I will be watching or at least following the Yankees as usual. If the Reds continue to play well, I may start to pay more attention to them as well. I may also spend a little time checking out the NBA and NHL drafts to see how the Sabres and Nets do, but not much.

Beyond that, I will be trying to stay as cool as possible and work on a couple of household projects that I haven't been able to get to because of a persistent back problem that I just wish would go away. I'm also seriously thinking about whether I'm up to joining or starting a FFL league: I really liked the scoring rules of the leagues I was in last year, but had a serious problem with the commissioner of them when he allowed one of the teams in the keeper league to dump several of its best players and, as that was happening, cherry-picked the ones that he needed to fill in his team's lineup the night before I played him for the championship in both leagues--I didn't think that was right for a commissioner to do and will not play with him again, but I don't know whether I have the energy to start and run a league myself, so I really have to think about what I'm going to do. (Too bad, too, because the keeper league team would be starting with L.Johnson, T.Barber or D.McNabb, R.Brown, S.Merriman or O.Thurman, J.Vilma and either M.Peterson, J.Trotter or G.Wilson before drafting--oh well!).

I'll also be trying to come up with some articles for the BZ front page, but that's going to be hard and I'm not sure that I will be able to write anything good. But, I'll try.... And, leave it up to the rest of you Zoners to let me know what you think of them!

jamze132
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
What to do for a few weeks before camp starts?

Go to beach, drink, and go back to the beach drunk!