PDA

View Full Version : The SLUG will die because...

im4bflo
07-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I read on WKBW.com sports that the SLUG will be on the new uni, but the best part, if the 3rd jersey(original logo) outsells the new uni, that they'd go back to the original! Problem solved! Buy up those 3rd jerseys fans, because they're going to end up our REAL jerseys! YEAH!

JD
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
BUY THE OLD JERSEYS!!!!!.

Nighthawk
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
I read on WKBW.com sports that the SLUG will be on the new uni, but the best part, if the 3rd jersey(original logo) outsells the new uni, that they'd go back to the original! Problem solved! Buy up those 3rd jerseys fans, because they're going to end up our REAL jerseys! YEAH!

I've got news for you...most people thought the old blue unis were ugly! I would not want that as our jersey...tweak it a bit then maybe, but not the original.

chernobylwraiths
07-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I've got news for you...most people thought the old blue unis were ugly! I would not want that as our jersey...tweak it a bit then maybe, but not the original.

I liked the dark blues more than the home white.

Go team Sweden!

Nighthawk
07-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I liked the dark blues more than the home white.

Go team Sweden!

I'd agree if the yellow was the same as Sweden's, but the old yellow is atrocious!

im4bflo
07-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Buy a SLUG then dude, you will look 'tweeked' :snicker2:

Nighthawk
07-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Buy a SLUG then dude, you will look 'tweeked' :snicker2:

Or I could pass judgement on something without even seeing...that makes for sense! Come on, now!

im4bflo
07-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Or I could pass judgement on something without even seeing...that makes for sense! Come on, now!
Well, so far what I've seen, the slug by itself, and with the teams name added, I can't see the rest of the jersey making up for how ugly it is.
I hate the mustard gold color also.
I'm rocking the 3rd without a doubt, but am curious to see the whole new jersey.
Maybe the slug is on the sleeves, and the logo is something entirely different?!
Buy a 3rd jersey, and a slug hat.

JD
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I wouldnt mind the slug on the shoulder patch. But the new "b" will be on the shoulder.

BUY THE OLD SCHOOL JERSEY!

GO OLD SCHOOL!!!!

Nighthawk
07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, so far what I've seen, the slug by itself, and with the teams name added, I can't see the rest of the jersey making up for how ugly it is.
I hate the mustard gold color also.
I'm rocking the 3rd without a doubt, but am curious to see the whole new jersey.
Maybe the slug is on the sleeves, and the logo is something entirely different?!

That's all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. If I hate it when I see it, then I won't buy it, but I can't say that just yet. As for the "old" blue & gold, I much rather would've liked to see the white, but I understand they wanted the home jersey so that that the team could wear them in front of the home fans.

JD
07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
How about a slug mug?:rrich:

im4bflo
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
That's all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. If I hate it when I see it, then I won't buy it, but I can't say that just yet. As for the "old" blue & gold, I much rather would've liked to see the white, but I understand they wanted the home jersey so that that the team could wear them in front of the home fans.
I've got both home and away, old school blue and gold, hanging in my closet right now, doesn't most Sabre fans???
the slug is a slug, on a hat, or whatever, it's ugly as hell.

Michael82
07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I hope you are right. I want to see these buffaslug jerseys struggle tremendously on the market and watch the old style jerseys kick it's ass. :pray:

Nighthawk
07-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I hope you are right. I want to see these buffaslug jerseys struggle tremendously on the market and watch the old style jerseys kick it's ass. :pray:

Here is a thought that most of the "slug" haters are not realizing. The consumers who the Sabres marketing team is targeting are not the fans in Buffalo, they are the fans around the country and in Canada. If the jersey looks good, it will sell and nothing that the local fans do will matter. That is what this is about, not WNY fans, but NHL fans who buy jerseys.

Michael82
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Here is a thought that most of the "slug" haters are not realizing. The consumers who the Sabres marketing team is targeting are not the fans in Buffalo, they are the fans around the country and in Canada. If the jersey looks good, it will sell and nothing that the local fans do will matter. That is what this is about, not WNY fans, but NHL fans who buy jerseys.
ummm, u do realize that anyone who has seen that logo on the internet has bashed it. They got a couple logo boards on the net and they criticized the hell out of it. I also saw a few non Sabres fans ripping it to shreds too. :doh:

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I already have 2 old style ones a blue and a white. No chance I spending money on a duplicate for no reason. This whole thing is ******ed. They are missing the boat on a lot of cash because they hired a ****** to come up with the logo.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
This is BS. The NHL is not a country wide brand. It is VERY regional. A VERY large portion of the money they make selling jerseys is in their own city/region... Most teams make little to nothing on merchandise to non fans.

RockStar36
07-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Out w/ the old and in w/ the new. What is it w/ people today where everyone wants to wear throwbacks all the time. It's like....there was a reason the jerseys were changed in the first place. Throwbacks are nice once in a while, but there is no reason to bring them back permanently. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As for the slug. I'm not crazy about it at all. But I'm not going to judge until I see them on the ice w/ the whole uni on. Who knows, it might look decent. All I know for sure is I don't want them to go old school for all 82 games and the 16 wins in the playoffs. I was happier than ever when they changed in 96 or 97. I don't see a reason to really change now, but if they must then go ahead. Everyone *****ed and moaned to change back to a "new" old school logo and now everyone is *****ing and moaning when they see what it is. Get over it. Just don't buy it. It must really be a boring off-season.

jamze132
07-28-2006, 08:09 AM
I don't know many Sabres fan living in Edmonton or San Jose.

SabreEleven
07-28-2006, 09:11 AM
This is BS. The NHL is not a country wide brand. It is VERY regional. A VERY large portion of the money they make selling jerseys is in their own city/region... Most teams make little to nothing on merchandise to non fans.

Liar, I live in California and I go to LA and I see at least 9 to 10 Sabres jersey's over a weekend :rolleyes:

pyrrhonist
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
I've got both home and away, old school blue and gold, hanging in my closet right now, doesn't most Sabre fans???

Exactly. For the numbers to count, they should go around and tally all of the fans who've already bought the classic unis. When I buy another one of the classic jerseys, it's going to be some customized ones---I need a Perreault (To match my auto'd 8x10) and LaFontaine customized jersey, but they've got to be in the white, not the old blue.

pyrrhonist
07-28-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't know many Sabres fan living in Edmonton or San Jose.

Do you go to games in San Jose as often as I do? I attend roughly 7-8 games a season in SJ with my wife, and it never fails---I see other Sabres fans there every time. Sometimes it's just 1 or 2 people, but there have been a few times (Not including the games against Buffalo) where there have been 5-10 people.

Now, the last time Buffalo visited (in January 2003), we Sabres fans took over almost an entire lower level of the arena, right at center ice. My wife & I were sitting in the 2nd row from the glass, and we were surrounded by Sabres fans. It was great! :dance:

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Liar, I live in California and I go to LA and I see at least 9 to 10 Sabres jersey's over a weekend :rolleyes:
You are from Buffalo and a Sabres fan. I said that non fans from other areas never buy Sabres jerseys.

SabreEleven
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
You are from Buffalo and a Sabres fan. I said that non fans from other areas never buy Sabres jerseys.

It was also sacarism.

im4bflo
07-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you go to games in San Jose as often as I do? I attend roughly 7-8 games a season in SJ with my wife, and it never fails---I see other Sabres fans there every time. Sometimes it's just 1 or 2 people, but there have been a few times (Not including the games against Buffalo) where there have been 5-10 people.

Now, the last time Buffalo visited (in January 2003), we Sabres fans took over almost an entire lower level of the arena, right at center ice. My wife & I were sitting in the 2nd row from the glass, and we were surrounded by Sabres fans. It was great! :dance:
I live in SoCal, and whenever the Sabres come to town against the Ducks or Kings, I see quite a few Sabre fans. We've had a pretty good crowd a few times against the Ducks.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I wouldnt mind the slug on the shoulder patch. But the new "b" will be on the shoulder.

BUY THE OLD SCHOOL JERSEY!

GO OLD SCHOOL!!!!

:nono: it won't in the Press Conf. Quinn said that the secondary marks on the confidential sheet aren't even the secondary marks so no "B" on the shoulders :mad: that was my favorite logo on the white, black and red jersey's. Also that jersey that's been floating around the internet isn't the jersey either.

Nighthawk
07-28-2006, 09:36 PM
:nono: it won't in the Press Conf. Quinn said that the secondary marks on the confidential sheet aren't even the secondary marks so no "B" on the shoulders and that jersey that's been floating around the internet isn't the jersey either.

He was on the radio this morning and said the new jerseys will be the tighter fitting jerseys also. So it looks like the Sabres are the Guinea Pigs for the NHL's new look.

im4bflo
07-28-2006, 09:49 PM
He was on the radio this morning and said the new jerseys will be the tighter fitting jerseys also. So it looks like the Sabres are the Guinea Pigs for the NHL's new look.
Tight jerseys!???
I don't like the visual I'm getting.
the SLUG, and now this... :down:

SkateZilla
07-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Buying up the old 3rd Jersey isnt going to change the front office's mind, the new design is going to be phase into the "form fitting" jerseys.. whenever if ever that happens down the road..

what you saying is like trying to tell the BILLs not to wear the Red Helmets by hitting up the stores for the Vintage White ones.... it wont happen..:bandwagon :respect:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Tight jerseys!???
I don't like the visual I'm getting.
the SLUG, and now this... :down:

Q: Why do NFL players tuck in they're jerseys:question:
A: to make them tighter so the other players on the other team can't grab and tackle them right:question:

Well This is what the NHL is going to do imo. Somebody back me up on this if I'm wrong they're trying to stop the clutching and grabbing. They already stopped the hooking by calling penalties and I still saw alot of clutching and grabbing in the NHL this yr. especially in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. With the tighter fitting jerseys the players can't grab the other players jerseys.

SkateZilla
07-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Q: Why do NFL players tuck in they're jerseys:question:
A: to make them tighter so the other players on the other team can't grab and tackle them right:question:

Well This is what the NHL is going to do imo. Somebody back me up on this if I'm wrong they're trying to stop the clutching and grabbing. They already stopped the hooking by calling penalties and I still saw alot of clutching and grabbing in the NHL this yr. especially in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. With the tighter fitting jerseys the players can't grab the other players jerseys.

Yup
:bandwagon

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I have news for you guys, if the SABRES win games and if they play like they did last year people won't care what the jersey looks like and they will buy! buy! buy!

im4bflo
07-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Buying up the old 3rd Jersey isnt going to change the front office's mind, the new design is going to be phase into the "form fitting" jerseys.. whenever if ever that happens down the road..

what you saying is like trying to tell the BILLs not to wear the Red Helmets by hitting up the stores for the Vintage White ones.... it wont happen..:bandwagon :respect:
This isn't a fan protest, the front office actually said it on the WKBW site. Go read.

pyrrhonist
07-30-2006, 03:58 AM
I have news for you guys, if the SABRES win games and if they play like they did last year people won't care what the jersey looks like and they will buy! buy! buy!

Regardless of where you stand on the new unis, LOSman WINS has a point....

Our favorite hockey club has bigger worries than the @&%! uniforms they'll be wearing come this October: There are players galore left to seal up! I'm more worried about the status of Briere, Miller, Dumont, and Kalinin than whether or not the Sabres will be wearing a "Buffaslug" or not. That doesn't mean I'm taking back some of my comments about the uni, but damn, it's not priority #1. :cool:

im4bflo
07-30-2006, 04:19 AM
Regardless of where you stand on the new unis, LOSman WINS has a point....

Our favorite hockey club has bigger worries than the @&%! uniforms they'll be wearing come this October: There are players galore left to seal up! I'm more worried about the status of Briere, Miller, Dumont, and Kalinin than whether or not the Sabres will be wearing a "Buffaslug" or not. That doesn't mean I'm taking back some of my comments about the uni, but damn, it's not priority #1. :cool:
We know it's not priority #1, but if you don't care about it, why are you on this thread? Besides getting our players signed, the new uni's and especially the new logo, are big topics, about over what? 25,000 signatures big.
Chill

Historian
07-30-2006, 06:26 AM
There's no way I buy the sperm cell jersey.

I'll take a white throwback, thank you.

JD
07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
White throwback=love

im4bflo
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
There's no way I buy the sperm cell jersey.

I'll take a white throwback, thank you.
I'm all for old school, original, THROWBACKS RULE!

pyrrhonist
07-30-2006, 10:24 PM
25,000 signatures big.

Chill

I think the "chill" should be used on yourself. I am one of those 25,000 (or so) signatures myself, as I would prefer something more classic, or like what John Slabyk designed. However, since that's not what we're getting, I signed against it. However, there seems to be a small contingent of people who are acting as if the uniforms take priority over what's going on with Dumont, Miller, and Briere's contracts. :huh: