PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer's Top 5

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 02:29 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5938490

This dude disses the Bills as being an "awful" team, has our stadium ranked in the bottom five of the league.

AND.. he doesnt have the Jills amongst the Top Five cheerleading uni's in the league..

philster must be crushed.

Jan Reimers
09-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Anyone who ranks stadiums based on pirate ships and video screens is a jackass.

BILLSROCK1212
09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Anyone who ranks stadiums based on pirate ships and video screens is a jackass.and the guy didnt even inlcude the Cardinals stadium what an idiot!

Jan Reimers
09-08-2006, 02:51 PM
and the guy didnt even inlcude the Cardinals stadium what an idiot!
Guess he was too busy looking at cheerleader uniforms with his cute little pirate hat on.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Who is he again?, never heard of him...

patmoran2006
09-08-2006, 06:29 PM
You never heard of Jay Glazer?

Jan Reimers
09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
No. . . Red Glazer and Shorty Glazer and Pete Glazer, but Jay? Sorry. . .

Jan Reimers
09-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh, maybe because he changed his name to Jim Reineking.

Nighthawk
09-08-2006, 06:53 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5938490

This dude disses the Bills as being an "awful" team, has our stadium ranked in the bottom five of the league.

AND.. he doesnt have the Jills amongst the Top Five cheerleading uni's in the league..

philster must be crushed.

I've got bad news for you...the Bills stadium is one of the worst in the league. There is eventually going to come a time where this city will need to build a new one or the Bills will leave. It's really that simple.

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I've got bad news for you...the Bills stadium is one of the worst in the league. There is eventually going to come a time where this city will need to build a new one or the Bills will leave. It's really that simple.

The Bills stadium has it's flaws, no doubt. But you don't want the stadium to be TOO nice like the Skins' stadium. The stadium IS the event - it really hurts the tailgating. Honestly, improved concessions and more video screens would be nice, but I don't really think we need a Hooters INSIDE the stadium like Fed Ex has.

Nighthawk
09-08-2006, 07:30 PM
The Bills stadium has it's flaws, no doubt. But you don't want the stadium to be TOO nice like the Skins' stadium. The stadium IS the event - it really hurts the tailgating. Honestly, improved concessions and more video screens would be nice, but I don't really think we need a Hooters INSIDE the stadium like Fed Ex has.

No, I agree that is too much for this area, but the stadium is out of date and we could use a new one. Mark my words that the only way the Bills stay in Buffalo is with a new stadium downtown. Whether it is new owners or Ralph...I know Ralph said no, but sooner or later the Bills will have to raise ticket prices and that is OK. This is the premier sporting event in this country and I don't mind forking over more money as long as the Bills stay.

OpIv37
09-08-2006, 07:33 PM
No, I agree that is too much for this area, but the stadium is out of date and we could use a new one. Mark my words that the only way the Bills stay in Buffalo is with a new stadium downtown. Whether it is new owners or Ralph...I know Ralph said no, but sooner or later the Bills will have to raise ticket prices and that is OK. This is the premier sporting event in this country and I don't mind forking over more money as long as the Bills stay.

It's a matter of what the market will bear. I know I could afford to pay extra for tickets, and you obviously don't seem bothered by the prospect. But I'm not sure how much of an increase most of Buffalo could afford. I just hope Ralph gets someone trained in economics to figure out what the fans can afford/are willing to pay.

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 07:58 PM
affordability is the key..I'd be willing to pay a lot more...but I can't afford to pay a lot more

Nighthawk
09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
It's a matter of what the market will bear. I know I could afford to pay extra for tickets, and you obviously don't seem bothered by the prospect. But I'm not sure how much of an increase most of Buffalo could afford. I just hope Ralph gets someone trained in economics to figure out what the fans can afford/are willing to pay.

I agree, but we're only talking about 8 games and the cost of the NFL in comparison to the NHL is minimal. People around this area could and would spend more on tickets. If not, we lose are team...that's the cold, hard reality. But enough about that...GO BILLS...KICK THE PATRIOTS ARSES!

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Agreed. If you look at the article, they spent $295M on Lambeau Field to make it better. And we're talking about Green Bay, not Washington or NY. I read somewhere Ralph spent $63M for our renovations. Our JumboTron was put in back in 1994, which in big screen terms is the equivalent of a black and white TV with rabbit ears.

And I completely agree with him about the turf. All outdoor stadiums should have grass.

But...that all said, there's no way the Ralph should be listed in the worst 5. It's a solid stadium, just nothing special. Rates about a C+ in my book. I do think we're at the point though where a new stadium (which would likely come with a new owner...are you listening Mr. Golisano?) would do alot to bring talent here. If the money is about the same between two teams, the field/fans/facilities can tip the decision IMO.

As for where to build it, I don't live there anymore so I can't really say. But I'd have to think one downtown would be a good thing for the city.... (traffic would have to be figured out)

hammerbillsfan
09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't want RWS to turn into a spaceship like Soldier Field. :ill:

ublinkwescore
09-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh, maybe because he changed his name to Jim Reineking.

He should change it again to Jim Reeking.

YardRat
09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Put a winning team on the field and ticket prices have no ceiling, especially in a town like Buffalo where the Bills are King.

The_Philster
09-08-2006, 09:21 PM
No ceiling? We aren't all wealthy like you, Yardrat :shakeno:

Carlton Bailey
09-08-2006, 09:57 PM
To quote Steve Smith...

"This is immature. I don't play immature games."

The Bills are the kings, Glazer's a court jester.

feelthepain
09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Anyone who ranks stadiums based on pirate ships and video screens is a jackass.

Well that makes sense coming from a Bills fan, since the Bills stadium doesn't have a Pirate ship or a brand new state of the art giant video screen!! I wonder if the guy would still be a jackass if he said something good about the Bills?? I doubt it.

Carlton Bailey
09-08-2006, 10:05 PM
The Bills don't play immature games. Nobody cares about a stadium pirate ship but an immature court jester.

Billscusey
09-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Who is he again?, never heard of him...

That's exactly what I was thinking! This guy is running his mouth off with "big comments" just to get his name in print. Here's an idea; wanna be a respected journalist? How about doing some respectable journalism! Dickwad

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2006, 02:50 AM
I agree that at some point in the not too distant future the Bills are going to need a new stadium if they are going to stay in WNY. I don't know why Raloph has not wanted a new stadium--hell, I have no idea why he wanted an open-air stadium in OP rather than the domed stadium that he could have had either in Lancaster or downtown Buffalo--but you can be pretty sure that new ownership after Ralph is gone will insist on one as a condition for keeping the team in the area.

As for ticket prices, the Bills have the lowest average ticket prices in the league--which is probably appropriate given the relative economic health of the region. According the reports that I saw, the average price of a ticket for the Bills is $49 and change, let's call it $ 50. Because that's the average, that means that some tickets are more and some are less.

Now, I don't want to tell anyone else how to spend their money, but I see no reason why the Bills can't get that average price per ticket up to somewhere around $65, even $ 70.

Before you start screaming, think about this: a lot of top bands--and some not that great ones--are charging $ 70 a ticket or more to see them in concert. And, they get it. NFL Direct Ticket alone costs more than $ 240. (at least around here) for you to be able to sit at home and watch games on TV with horrible announcers and, if you factor in the rest of what it costs to get the dish, etc., it probably costs more than that for the package. And, they get that. An NFL game is a premier entertainment event and the experience of being at the game and watching it live is a lot better than watching it on TV.

I don't live in the Buffalo area, but I'm disabled and have a limited income. On Sunday my wife and I are going to go to a sports bar to watch the game with the areas Bills Backers. We will easily spend $ 25-30 apiece while we are there to see the game and, if the BB group didn't have an arrangement with the bar for specials, would spend more. Would we be willing to spend double or triple that to go to the game if we were in Buffalo (where our income would still be at or below average)? You bet! While we might not be able to afford to go to every game, we would find a way to go to at least half. And, I'm using an average price of $ 65-70 here, not the cost of the lowest price ticket.

I know the kind of price increase that I am talking about would be hard on families, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people in WNY who go to the Bills' games now who could afford to pay an extra $ 15-20 a ticket. They might not want to--they might have to give up something else that they would spend that money on--but they could afford it and would pay it if they had to. And, again, I'm not talking about luxury suites and high-priced tickets here--because the reality is that the WNY area doesn't have the business base or the kind of top-tier incomes that areas like Dallas, Washington or Houston have (yes, WNY has its millionaires, etc. who have a lot of money and can afford to pay top dollar, it just doesn't have nearly as many as those areas and those at the top of the list probably don't have quite as much as those at the top in those areas either)--that's a part of the market where none of the small-market teams, including but not just Buffalo, probably will never be in a position to compete with "the big boys".

I think it would be a lot easier for the Buffalo franchise to lead the charge to protect the small-market teams in revenue sharing if its average ticket price was the absolute lowest in the league, but was closer to the middle. That would allow them to say to the richer franchises, "Hey, we're getting everything we can and the market won't bear any more and we still can't compete on a level playing field with you without help."

PromoTheRobot
09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
RWS is hallowed ground. The temple of Bills football. I get chills everytime I walk in, especially for the opener. Jay Glazer can lick my a$$.

PTR

The_Philster
09-09-2006, 01:34 PM
RWS is hallowed ground. The temple of Bills football. I get chills everytime I walk in, especially for the opener. Jay Glazer can lick my a$$.

PTR
I call going to a game at the Ralph going to Church :up: