PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins

Marino13Phins
09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
I just have to say a fw things because some of you are totally writing the dolphins off, while some others of you are actually giving us a fair assessment.

Here is what I think. Yes, Ben was not playing. But that doesnt' take away from their defense, and batch isn't a moron, he's still in the NFL for a reason, and the steelers grabbed him for a reason. Batch did not beat us... the Steelers beat us. And Miami lost to the superbowl champions. Did I expect them to win this game? No.... Did I want them to win the game... obviously.

As far as Culpepper goes, I think he is going to do well. But That was his first real game back from a major knee injury, on primetime TV, against the defending superbowl champs, who have a very good defense. Does that excuse the way he played.... absolutely not, he missed some easy passes. But I think he is only going to be better as he begins to feel more comfortable, and the oline gets a little better then they were Thursday.

You don't win every game (besides 72 phins). I think that was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. It was the first time the starters have gone teh distance and weren't out of the game by half time. It was a sloppy game by both teams... more so by the phins, but sloppy by both none the less.

I know it's easy to write off the phins and culpepper because you are bills fans, I'd probably do the same to the bills if I saw them struggling, like last year. But don't be suprised if Miami does better then you think.

patmoran2006
09-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Great post..

SquishDaFish
09-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Dolphins arent done. They have a decent team. Its just that they are overrated a bit. Girst off their Defense is old and Culpepper isnt that great. Hes had 1 great year with Moss and thats it. If miami would of gotten Brees I would say division is theirs.

feelthepain
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Dolphins arent done. They have a decent team. Its just that they are overrated a bit. Girst off their Defense is old and Culpepper isnt that great. Hes had 1 great year with Moss and thats it. If miami would of gotten Brees I would say division is theirs.

You saying we're overrated is like us saying we're SB contenders!! You don't know how we'll respond in Saban's second season with the the upgrades to the this team, so how can you say we're overrated?? Just because you want us to be overrated isn't a reason to say it. If you're going to open your mouth then say "I hope, you're overrated' at least that way you don't come across as some kinda psychic, yet you mantaine your stance as a Bill fan!! You don't know who's gonna do what and how, so you can't say for sure anyone is overrated!! Every single year teams that no one expects to win, wins!! The reason they didn't expect them to win is because they aren't psychic and have no clue who's going to make a push and who isn't due to injurys and whatnot. No one was predicting The Steelers to be SB winners after week 12, but they won!!

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Whatever. :rolleyes:

DynaPaul
09-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I just read another article today proclaiming the Dolphins as the new AFC East Champions. Guess we play these games for a reason. It's amazing how these experts overlook Culpepper's faults and place too much weight on that winning streak last year.

SquishDaFish
09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanx Devil exactly what I was talking about. Thats what overrated it big mouth

Ickybaluky
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
As far as Culpepper goes, I think he is going to do well. But That was his first real game back from a major knee injury, on primetime TV, against the defending superbowl champs, who have a very good defense. Does that excuse the way he played.... absolutely not, he missed some easy passes. But I think he is only going to be better as he begins to feel more comfortable, and the oline gets a little better then they were Thursday.

I think game-conditioning was a concern with Culpepper. That isn't to say he is in bad shape, just it is different playing a game than working out, and for a long time he was pretty limited in football-related activities. I would expect he will get better with more snaps. He did do a good job early on of recognizing where the free man was coming in the blitz and getting rid of the ball to the hot read.

I also think the 'phins will run the ball better, which will help them both with offense and defense (increased possession).

That said, he has thrown 2 or more interceptions in 5 of his last 8 games. That has to be concerning, and can't be blamed on his knee.

You don't win every game (besides 72 phins).

Well, at least you don't have to worry about dealing with that kind of pressure this year.

Drive 4 Five
09-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Honestly? Honestly I think the Dolphins are a good football team, but they are highly overrated. All that talk about the Dolphins being ready to unseat the Patriots is just that. Talk. Are they even the second best in the AFC East? I don't know. I like our chances.

No offense Chambers but you're sitting here saying that the Dolphins are going to be better than many people think and I'm saying to you, don't get your expectations too high. They are what they are, a solid football team but they are not even close to being great. They have some nice players at the skill positions but there is alot of work to do.

Worst of all you have Mike Mularkey as your offensive coordinator. Apparently, he is still trying to figure out how to make those gadget plays work as well as Cower's team. I'm not talking trash either, I am simply stating my opinion, but I have to say that I am not impressed.

I am surprised however, that you Chambers, didn't expect them to beat the Steelers with Roethlisberger out. Maybe you know your team better than most of Dolphin nation. I personally did expect them to win and was pleasantly surprised at how the game turned out.

Meathead
09-09-2006, 08:21 PM
if i could trade the bills roster for the fish id probably do that straight up right now. not by a lot but id still do it

id keep the marv though

hc is a tossup

finsrclowns
09-09-2006, 08:30 PM
if i could trade the bills roster for the fish id probably do that straight up right now. not by a lot but id still do it

I feel dirty just having read this. I think I'll go take a shower. If we traded for the fins roster I'd stop watching football.

Drive 4 Five
09-09-2006, 08:33 PM

id keep the marv though

hc is a tossup

:stfu:

That is just ****ing lame and I cannot even believe you just said that. Well I sure as hell would not and I think this Bill's team, with their sorry roster of sorry players, is going is going to whip all over Miami this year.

Drive 4 Five
09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
In fact, the only players on this Dolphin team that i would take are Chris Chambers and Randy Mc Michael (the TE whatever his name is and I don't care if he hits women or not, the boy has skills). Outside of that, I could care less about this team or their head coach.

Meathead
09-09-2006, 09:23 PM
well if i remove emotion and compare starting rosters i come up with this:

0-1 JP < Cpep
1-1 Willis > Ronnie
1-2 Evans < Chambers
1-2 Price = Booker
1-3 Royal < WifeBeater
2-3 Gandy > Shelton
2-3 Reyes = James
2-3 Fowler = Hadnot
3-3 Villareal > Bennie
3-3 Peters = Carrie
4-3 Shelton > Barnes

0-1 Shoebel < Taylor
0-2 Anderson < Holliday
0-3 Triplett < Traylor
0-4 Dennelsay < Carter
1-4 Spikes > Spragen
1-5 Fletch < Thomas
2-5 Crowell > Crowder
3-5 McGee > Allen
3-5 Whitner = Tillman
3-5 Vincent = Hill
4-5 Clements > whoever

even though the two units end up exactly tied in this simple analysis, the skill positions on offense as well as a much better defensive line means its close but i would take the fins roster slightly over the bills right now

next season would probably be a different story assuming the good young talent on the bills are then prepared to take more active roles

but if i had to say which team is better prepared to win today id say its the fish

deal wid it

Ickybaluky
09-09-2006, 09:37 PM
<b>1-1 Willis > Ronnie</b>

I guess Willis is more proven, but Ronnie has the look of a special player. If I had to choose one of the two, I'd take Brown.

<b>1-2 Price = Booker</b>

I'd take Booker by a long shot.

<b>0-3 Triplett < Traylor</b>

Different kinds of players, but if I had to choose I'd take Triplett over Traylor.

<b>2-5 Crowell > Crowder</b>

Crowder is a hell of a player, very talented. I realize Crowell played really well last year, but I'd rate this an =

lordofgun
09-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I have seen about one special play from Ronnie Brown. He sure was impressive Thursday! :1:

Goobylal
09-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Ronnie COULD be a special player. But Willis has done more with less.

As for Price and Booker, Price averaged more catches for more yards in Atlanta with Vick throwing to him than Booker did in Miami. I'd be inclined to say =, but I think this offense is made for Price.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2006, 09:48 PM
<b>2-5 Crowell > Crowder</b>

Crowder is a hell of a player, very talented. I realize Crowell played really well last year, but I'd rate this an =

i'd give crowder the edge on this one.

JMO...

Ickybaluky
09-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Ronnie COULD be a special player. But Willis has done more with less.

As for Price and Booker, Price averaged more catches for more yards in Atlanta with Vick throwing to him than Booker did in Miami. I'd be inclined to say =, but I think this offense is made for Price.

Fair points.

I guess I just really like Ronnie Brown as a player. Rare size and speed, ability to block and catch as well as run.

Booker and Price are a little different kinds of players. Booker is more of a possession guy, while Price is a deep threat. Booker hasn't played with Great QBs either, catching 100 and 97 passes with the likes of Jim Miller throwing to him. You can argue =, though, and it would make sense comparing their numbers.

feelthepain
09-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I feel dirty just having read this. I think I'll go take a shower. If we traded for the fins roster I'd stop watching football.

Your avatar suits you!!! And speaks volumes about your ability to take life seriously!!!

Marino13Phins
09-09-2006, 10:01 PM
I think game-conditioning was a concern with Culpepper. That isn't to say he is in bad shape, just it is different playing a game than working out, and for a long time he was pretty limited in football-related activities. I would expect he will get better with more snaps. He did do a good job early on of recognizing where the free man was coming in the blitz and getting rid of the ball to the hot read.

I also think the 'phins will run the ball better, which will help them both with offense and defense (increased possession).

That said, he has thrown 2 or more interceptions in 5 of his last 8 games. That has to be concerning, and can't be blamed on his knee.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about dealing with that kind of pressure this year.

I agree, good post.

mysticsoto
09-09-2006, 10:03 PM
1-1 Willis > Ronnie

I guess Willis is more proven, but Ronnie has the look of a special player. If I had to choose one of the two, I'd take Brown.

1-2 Price = Booker

I'd take Booker by a long shot.

I'd take Willis over Ronnie until we see what Ronnie can do. Willis had 1200+ yds with a crappy Oline. If Ronnie can do that this year, I might rethink my position. Until then, Willis gets my nod.

Price and Booker are different types of receivers, so it's kind of hard to equate them. For our offense right now, I might take Price over Booker. In that way, all of our WRs (Evans, Price, Parrish) have speed and can give defenses difficulties with matchups. However, for Brady in NE, I might prefer Booker...

One more difference on Meathead's original...I don't think Peters is = at RT to Miami's RT. This is just my personal opinion, but I think Peters is just about ready to move and play LT. I wish they would have done that this year, since it's more of a rebuilding kind of year for us. Peters is younger and could solidify that position for years to come (and at a cheaper price than a typical LT might want). Theoretically, Gandy should have an easier time at the right side. Perhaps he's become ingrained at the position, or there is another reason to keep the status quo, but me personally...I think Peters is good enough to play LT!!!

Goobylal
09-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I agree with you on Brown's potential. However I want to see him carry the load and DO it.

As for Booker, yeah he's a possession receiver, but he had those 2 good years. But just like that, they were gone and he became a 650-700 yard a season receiver again.

Marino13Phins
09-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Honestly? Honestly I think the Dolphins are a good football team, but they are highly overrated. All that talk about the Dolphins being ready to unseat the Patriots is just that. Talk. Are they even the second best in the AFC East? I don't know. I like our chances.

No offense Chambers but you're sitting here saying that the Dolphins are going to be better than many people think and I'm saying to you, don't get your expectations too high. They are what they are, a solid football team but they are not even close to being great. They have some nice players at the skill positions but there is alot of work to do.

Worst of all you have Mike Mularkey as your offensive coordinator. Apparently, he is still trying to figure out how to make those gadget plays work as well as Cower's team. I'm not talking trash either, I am simply stating my opinion, but I have to say that I am not impressed.

I am surprised however, that you Chambers, didn't expect them to beat the Steelers with Roethlisberger out. Maybe you know your team better than most of Dolphin nation. I personally did expect them to win and was pleasantly surprised at how the game turned out.

That is the point I was trying to make, a lot of people expected Miami to win because Ben was out. Don't get me wrong, batch is no where near the QB that Ben is, but he is still a good enough QB to get the job done, especially surrounded by the talent he is. Can't ask for much better to throw the ball to then Ward and miller. And having parker there ot keep the heat of you is a good thing. He def torched us more then he should have, but our secondary is young, and needs to learn. I saw good things from our secondary but I also saw the stupid mistakes that young kids make.

I should have phrased myself better. I think the Dolhpins are going to be better then many of you BILLS fans think, because many of you through the hate you have for miami have written them off as an over rated and junk team who will win no more then 4 games. Which i don't find t be true. Do we get over-rated by some people? Sure. But I think we have a pretty decent team dispite what was seen on the field against the Steelers. Saban won't let them come out and play the way they did against the Steelers when we meet you guys in week 2.

Goobylal
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
One more difference on Meathead's original...I don't think Peters is = at RT to Miami's RT. This is just my personal opinion, but I think Peters is just about ready to move and play LT. I wish they would have done that this year, since it's more of a rebuilding kind of year for us. Peters is younger and could solidify that position for years to come (and at a cheaper price than a typical LT might want). Theoretically, Gandy should have an easier time at the right side. Perhaps he's become ingrained at the position, or there is another reason to keep the status quo, but me personally...I think Peters is good enough to play LT!!!
Peters WILL be the LT next year, and should be a good one, at a bargain price (somewhere in the $3M a year neighborhood, after his recent contract extension/payday). I see Gandy bolting after the season, because he's had a taste of LT and will want LT money, and won't likely accept a move to RT and the lesser money that comes with it. Hopefully Butler will be ready to takeover at RT with a year of seasoning and maturity (wink) under his belt. And with the loads of cap room the Bills should have, I think they'll invest heavily on the O-line if they think there are better players out there. It makes sense since the "skill positions" are set on offense, while on defense they probably need a new MLB and a CB to replace Clements (and they'll get back $8M in cap room as a result).

Ickybaluky
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I agree with you on Brown's potential. However I want to see him carry the load and DO it.

I don't disagree, but Brown has demonstrated a more complete game, IMO. He catches the ball much more naturally (although that may not be entirely Willis' fault, given he hasn't been given a lot of chances to play on 3rd down), and his blocking ability is rare for such a young, talented runner.

As for Booker, yeah he's a possession receiver, but he had those 2 good years. But just like that, they were gone and he became a 650-700 yard a season receiver again.

Fair enough, but just like Price. Kind of plays into your = argument, which I'll buy.

Marino13Phins
09-09-2006, 10:11 PM
just a side note in this thread. I don't like to post in the billszone football forum b/c people tend to butt heads, and the conversation usually ends up as personal attacks. But I have to say, this has been a pretty good thread to read/be a part of, besides one or two posts. Everyone is giving a pretty fair analysis of each team without being homers. :up:

Marino13Phins
09-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't disagree, but Brown has demonstrated a more complete game, IMO. He catches the ball much more naturally (although that may not be entirely Willis' fault, given he hasn't been given a lot of chances to play on 3rd down), and his blocking ability is rare for such a young, talented runner.

Fair enough, but just like Price. Kind of plays into your = argument, which I'll buy.

I say right now Willis may have a slight edge. That may have been a different story if Ronnie was not splitting time with ricky last year. Willis has shown he can run the ball hard, and rack up the yards. When it's all said and done, I think ronnie will be the better back of the two. And I agree with you NE39, I think ronnie is more of a complete back, and again it's what you said his blocking skills for such a young player, and catching the ball well out of the backfield. But it remains to be seen what he will do this year.

I say Price and Booker are about equal, maybe a slight edge to price because booker seems to be kind of weak, he is always bothered by some kind of injury. Atleast this year, the ankle earlier, and then getting knocked out of the steelers game for a bit Thursday. I like bookers upside though.

Drive 4 Five
09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
That is the point I was trying to make, a lot of people expected Miami to win because Ben was out. Don't get me wrong, batch is no where near the QB that Ben is, but he is still a good enough QB to get the job done, especially surrounded by the talent he is. Can't ask for much better to throw the ball to then Ward and miller. And having parker there ot keep the heat of you is a good thing. He def torched us more then he should have, but our secondary is young, and needs to learn. I saw good things from our secondary but I also saw the stupid mistakes that young kids make.

I should have phrased myself better. I think the Dolhpins are going to be better then many of you BILLS fans think, because many of you through the hate you have for miami have written them off as an over rated and junk team who will win no more then 4 games. Which i don't find t be true. Do we get over-rated by some people? Sure. But I think we have a pretty decent team dispite what was seen on the field against the Steelers. Saban won't let them come out and play the way they did against the Steelers when we meet you guys in week 2.

Well I certainly do not think they are a four win team. Like I said, I think they're good, solid, but they have a ways to go before they're ready to challenge NE, and they won't make the playoffs until they can. I'm not hatin' I'm just not convinced that they are even the 2nd best team in this division. I think we are nearly equal talent wise and I am anxious to see how we match up with what is hopefully a big improvement in the coaching department for the Bills. Right now I like the Bill's chances against your team.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
and then getting knocked out of the steelers game for a bit Thursday.

Weak? I'd say that domonstrated toughness (which is why I like him as a player, he is a physical WR). The guy took a knockout shot and returned to play later in the game. I bet he still has a headache.

paladin warrior
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
I just have to say a fw things because some of you are totally writing the dolphins off, while some others of you are actually giving us a fair assessment.

Here is what I think. Yes, Ben was not playing. But that doesnt' take away from their defense, and batch isn't a moron, he's still in the NFL for a reason, and the steelers grabbed him for a reason. Batch did not beat us... the Steelers beat us. And Miami lost to the superbowl champions. Did I expect them to win this game? No.... Did I want them to win the game... obviously.

You don't win every game (besides 72 phins). I think that was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. It was the first time the starters have gone teh distance and weren't out of the game by half time. It was a sloppy game by both teams... more so by the phins, but sloppy by both none the less.

I know it's easy to write off the phins and culpepper because you are bills fans, I'd probably do the same to the bills if I saw them struggling, like last year. But don't be suprised if Miami does better then you think.WOW She is soo Hot.:shocked: :date: