PDA

View Full Version : Bills will lose on Sunday...

HHURRICANE
09-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm sorry for the contrarion statement but the Bills coaching staff and players had better be prepared on Sunday. Everyone here and in the media are heaping tons of a praise on the Bills, which I like, but is way to premature. Here's why:

1) Losman, who played well in NE, had a bad first half in Miami. He is still on a learning curve and what saved him was the coaching staff recognizing his struggles and keeping him out of harms way. But he could have a 2 pick game real soon.

2) Was the D great or was Culpepper that bad. I watched the game and Culpepper made our D look very good. It's funny how one game removed and the meda doesn't remember NE running for 180 yards. Our D is not playoff caliber.

3) We are young and young teams make mistakes.

4) Villareal is horrible and the sad part is that we have nobody behind him.

5) McGahee has yet to run for 100 yards. He needs to this week aginst a Jet's team that he normally has success against.

Guys, the Bills should win this game but I really don't know. The Jets aren't great but they are not the Packers either. I could easily see an upset in the making if we keep reading the hype.

mybills
09-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Nice thread title, Hurripain.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Nice thread title, Hurripain.

That's funny.

My title is a little misleading but I think people are a little to overwhelmed here. If pressed I would take the Bills but I won't be betting on them on Sunday. One of the reasons I was so confident that we would beat Miami was that I knew the Bills weren't as bad as people thought. One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think.

Mr. Miyagi
09-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Very level-headed analysis. It's now Wednesday and I've got the high out of my system. Let's focus on this next game. :up:

ICE74129
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
We will win on Sunday, take it to the bank

Jan Reimers
09-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Undoubtedly, it is too early to predict great things for the Bills. I'm still simply looking for improvement week-to-week, to smarter play, better coaching, and progress from all of our young players.

I don't think any of us should get our hopes too high, but we needn't be pessimistic, either. Let's just - for this season - enjoy watching this team grow and develop. Wins should be considered a bonus.

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes I agree with some of your assesments but the Jets were picked to be just as bad as the Bills if not worse.

mybills
09-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Ice, neither of you know for sure. This is crazy. Let's just hope for the best, and put our trust in Jauron's playbook. :D

justasportsfan
09-20-2006, 08:35 AM
That's funny.

My title is a little misleading but I think people are a little to overwhelmed here. If pressed I would take the Bills but I won't be betting on them on Sunday. One of the reasons I was so confident that we would beat Miami was that I knew the Bills weren't as bad as people thought. One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think.

Do you think Dick & Marv has the team thinking they are better than they think they are? This isn't a Mularkey team that feeds them cheeseburgers that has them thinking stupid things.

Night Train
09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Chad P has opened with 2 straight 300 yard + passing games. Plus the Jets will run a lot of no huddle.

It's something the Bills must be ready for. It will be hard to substitute and keep the D fresh.

So the key is to run on Offense and control the clock, keeping the Jets O off the field. It's a new test every week.

ICE74129
09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Lets just be straight here, They can only pass and thats what we are best against. That OL of theirs sucks. Yeah I know they got this stud at LT in the draft, he is still a rookie and gets to go one on one with a guy that racks up double digit sacks each year. The rest of the DL is getting great pressure as well.

If not for a couple luck plays they get blown out by NE PERIOD! We have trouble stopping the run and they suck at running the ball.

We can run and pass on these clowns. They have NO pass rush now that their top dog went to Atlanta.

So lets cut the crap here, this was a W on our books before the season started and nothing should change at this point. Buffalo 38- Jets 13

THATHURMANATOR
09-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I agree with Ice

PromoTheRobot
09-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry for the contrarion statement but the Bills coaching staff and players had better be prepared on Sunday. Everyone here and in the media are heaping tons of a praise on the Bills, which I like, but is way to premature. Here's why:

1) Losman, who played well in NE, had a bad first half in Miami. He is still on a learning curve and what saved him was the coaching staff recognizing his struggles and keeping him out of harms way. But he could have a 2 pick game real soon.

2) Was the D great or was Culpepper that bad. I watched the game and Culpepper made our D look very good. It's funny how one game removed and the meda doesn't remember NE running for 180 yards. Our D is not playoff caliber.

5) McGahee has yet to run for 100 yards. He needs to this week aginst a Jet's team that he normally has success against.

Guys, the Bills should win this game but I really don't know. The Jets aren't great but they are not the Packers either. I could easily see an upset in the making if we keep reading the hype.

#1 - Losman did not play badly. His passes hit his receivers in the hands. He can't catch the ball for them too.

#2 - Culpepper looked bad because he was running for his life from the Bills rush.

#3 - Two games in and how many mistakes have you seen? The safety? Name another? All I see is two games = NO TURNOVERS!!!

#4 - "horrible" is your opinion. I have no idea what you base it one, other than your desire to find any crumb of evidence to support your absurd posts. I look at the whole picture: The O-line is playing well enough, including Villarial, and are getting better.

#5 - 100 yards is just a number, not a magic target that guarentees anything. You can run for 200 yards and lose the game. McGahee's 92 yards did what they had to do...control the clock.

This post only shows how desperate you are to poke holes in the Bills. The truth is the Bills are already becoming a good team, and will only get better. This must gall "experts" like you, especially because the Bills are showing how little critics like you understand football. They've done all the "wrong" things, yet they succeed.

PTR

BAM
09-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Lets just be straight here, They can only pass and thats what we are best against. That OL of theirs sucks. Yeah I know they got this stud at LT in the draft, he is still a rookie and gets to go one on one with a guy that racks up double digit sacks each year. The rest of the DL is getting great pressure as well.

If not for a couple luck plays they get blown out by NE PERIOD! We have trouble stopping the run and they suck at running the ball.

We can run and pass on these clowns. They have NO pass rush now that their top dog went to Atlanta.

So lets cut the crap here, this was a W on our books before the season started and nothing should change at this point. Buffalo 38- Jets 13

I'm with Ice on this one. I think we're going to murder the Jets.

ddaryl
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
It won't be an easy game that's fo rsure. Chad P is on fire, but our Pass D is standing tall.

Were playing at home though, so I am holding out for the win and seeing JP and a few others step up their game in the home effort.

justasportsfan
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
#1 - Losman did not play badly. His passes hit his receivers in the hands. He can't catch the ball for them too.

#2 - Culpepper looked bad because he was running for his life from the Bills rush.

#3 - Two games in and how many mistakes have you seen? The safety? Name another? All I see is two games = NO TURNOVERS!!!

#4 - "horrible" is your opinion. I have no idea what you base it one, other than your desire to find any crumb of evidence to support your absurd posts. I look at the whole picture: The O-line is playing well enough, including Villarial, and are getting better.

#5 - 100 yards is just a number, not a magic target that guarentees anything. You can run for 200 yards and lose the game. McGahee's 92 yards did what they had to do...control the clock.

This post only shows how desperate you are to poke holes in the Bills. The truth is the Bills are already becoming a good team, and will only get better. This must gall "experts" like you, especially because the Bills are showing how little critics like you understand football. They've done all the "wrong" things, yet they succeed.

PTR
I agree with everything except 4#. As a unit the OL is getting better. Individually speaking, Villarial is the weakest link of the OL. He's been below average the last 2 games.

ICE74129
09-20-2006, 09:06 AM
It won't be an easy game that's fo rsure. Chad P is on fire, but our Pass D is standing tall.

Were playing at home though, so I am holding out for the win and seeing JP and a few others step up their game in the home effort.

I say this is an FTA game. Foot To Ass!

Philagape
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty confident in the Bills this week. Pennington's lit it up against the TITANS and in comeback mode against a Pats D that's not as good as it once was. We can take him. On offense, if we keep doing what we've been doing, Chad won't be on the field much. And ST gives us an advantage every game. And we'll be up for our home opener.

mybills
09-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Let's see..
our team heard NE get boo'd
our team heard Miami get boo'd
can we go for 3? :;

HHURRICANE
09-20-2006, 09:12 AM
I would love a blow out so don't treat me like a "Bills Basher" but thinking that we are some "powerhouse" all of a sudden is a little ridiculous.

The Jets are lacking a running game but Chad Pennington has had time to throw. He figured out a way to pass for over 300 yards and 2 TD's against NE. He's a lot better than Culpepper and won't be throwing into triple coverage for Crowell to get the easy pick.

RedEyE
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Let's see..
our team heard NE get boo'd
our team heard Miami get boo'd
can we go for 3? :;

Well, we are playing the Jets at home, so yes you'll probably hear some Bills fans booing the Jets.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2006, 09:18 AM
This post only shows how desperate you are to poke holes in the Bills. The truth is the Bills are already becoming a good team, and will only get better. This must gall "experts" like you, especially because the Bills are showing how little critics like you understand football. They've done all the "wrong" things, yet they succeed. PTR
Actually, HH is generally quite positive as I remember. I think he is simply pointing out some potential pitfalls - some things that could possibly happen, based on the first 2 games - and cautioning us not to get too high, too fast. And I think that's good advice.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2006, 09:20 AM
[quote=PromoTheRobotThis post only shows how desperate you are to poke holes in the Bills. The truth is the Bills are already becoming a good team, and will only get better. This must gall "experts" like you, especially because the Bills are showing how little critics like you understand football. They've done all the "wrong" things, yet they succeed.
PTR[/quote]

Whoa!! I picked the Bills to Beat Miami before the season started and I got lambasted on this same Board. I'm the one who guaranteed 7 wins and had $1,000 on it. Who says I'm the expert (although I did go 4 for 4 on my bets). I like this team and love what Jauron has done. But it's week 3 and I'm not ready to believe that they are as good as what I am reading. They end up 3-1 after the Vikings game than I will be riding the bandwagon. Until than they are a team "rebuilding" who's at .500 after 2 weeks in the season.

mybills
09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, we are playing the Jets at home, so yes you'll probably hear some Bills fans booing the Jets.
:eek: Please don't say that. It would mean they are scoring, or getting away with a penalty. We need the Jets fans to boo the Jets! :D

RedEyE
09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
:eek: Please don't say that. It would mean they are scoring, or getting away with a penalty. We need the Jets fans to boo the Jets! :D

You brought it up. Besides, opposing teams ALWAYS get booed coming out of the tunnel.

mybills
09-20-2006, 09:29 AM
NE boo'd NE
MIAMI boo'd MIAMI

oh nevamind..I'll stop explaining.
:cynic:

madness
09-20-2006, 09:31 AM
One of the reasons I was so confident that we would beat Miami was that I knew the Bills weren't as bad as people thought. One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think.

WTF kind of psycho babble is that? We are going to punch them in the mouth just like we did NE and Miami. Their defense is no where near the likes of NE and Miami. Plus they are one of the worst pass defenses in the league. People are on Miami because they lost to the SB champion and the 'pathetic' Bills, but if Miami beat the Bills everything would be just fine in phin heaven. If people think ol' Chad is going dink and dunk the Jets to victory they have another thing coming. Brady & Culpepper had to continuously check off their short routes because of Perry's zone blitzes and Sunday will be no different.

I hope it's a nice day for cumulus clouds Sunday because CP is going to get to see plenty of them.

"One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think."

Actually, the Bills are better then what people think.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2006, 09:57 AM
you should be sorry because this will not happen. We are at home and opening and with the 12th manm we will win this and many more to come.

jamze132
09-20-2006, 11:31 AM

You need to have a little more faith.

CAbills
09-20-2006, 11:34 AM
All this 300 yard passing talk they played the Titans and if you saw the Patriots game the Cotchery and Moss TD's had atleast 100yac. I am not close to being sold on Pennington.

Mitchy moo
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM

I agree, we will be in the backfield all day. The NYJ have to pass, they have no run game and that will spell their doom. Plan on 3 pickoffs 2 returned for TD's.

L.A. Playa
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM
if we lose we will all :negrep: you lower than Skooby for posting this bad karma thread

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Chad Pennington isn't gonna be on fire once he faces our pass rush.

Like I said in another thread - he better be careful not to land on his right shoulder - or else there goes the Jets' only hopes this season.

ublinkwescore
09-20-2006, 11:43 AM
You need to have a little more faith.

He needs to SHUT UP!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
09-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't know if we'll win big running away, but I'm very confident that we'll control the clock. Willis has averaged 130 yards against the Jets in his career. If Fowler can control Dwayne Robertson (who is a step down as a NT from NE and Miami) without double team, that'll free up Reyes to go up taking on Vilma. If the Bills can do that, Willis/Thomas may lay 200 yards combined on them.

FlyingDutchman
09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Did Op put you up to this?

Goobylal
09-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Will it be an easy game? Nope. Will the Bills win? Yep. The Bills are better than the Jets in EVERY matchup, and are at home.

justasportsfan
09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Did Op put you up to this?Shhhh! He's been quiet. Don't give him any reason.

OpIv37
09-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Did Op put you up to this?

Ha, no I had nothing to do with this.

This is one of the games I had as a win as soon as I saw the schedule because the Jets are so bad. This may be the easiest game on their schedule this year.

That being said, no game in the NFL is a "gimme"- the Bills still need to prepare hard and not buy into the mini-buzz the media has created around them to win.

HHURRICANE
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
That being said, no game in the NFL is a "gimme"- the Bills still need to prepare hard and not buy into the mini-buzz the media has created around them to win.

Well said.

I was listening to NFL Sirius at Lunch and the old guy on there was saying we were "a pretty good football team". This is the same guy 3 weeks ago that had us competing for Brady Quinn. You'd think we would have made the playoffs already. We have a long way to go and tempering our expectations is a good idea.

Let me tell you about a season not that long ago where we started 2-0 and than preceeded to get our butts whipped the rest of the season. We're 1 and 1 and about as good as I thought we were 3 weeks ago. 7-9 wins.

bills_7
09-20-2006, 03:38 PM
did the game sell out yet?

Mitchy moo
09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
It's been sold out.

bills_7
09-20-2006, 03:46 PM
thanks

jmb1099
09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
The fans can buy into the hype without any oll efect, the question at hand is are the Bills going to buy into the hype? Its hard to judge since this will be only the thord game we have seen Jauron coach in Buffalo, but all indicators point to the team being mentally ready.
This is the home opener and the energy level will be off the charts, especially after beating Miami, if we score first we dominate the whole game. The Jets cannot match our intensity at home, especially with a very pumped up, fired up TKO rumored to play. Bowen will add depth and experience in the backfield. look for this one to be over early with Pennington being hurt (not that I want him to be) in the second qtr after being sacked a fourth time. Jp and willis both have great days final score Buffalo 35, Jets 13.

TigerJ
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM
If the Bills were to start getting distracted by their new found hype, this could be a classic letdown game, but I have to believe they are hungry enough and the coaching staff sharp enough not to let that happen.

1. Yes, Losman is on a learning curve and, yes, someday he will have an interception. There is no particular reason to think that this Sunday will be the day.

2. The Bills pass defense seems to be very good. The run defense really isn't very good if you go by yards per carry. Fortunately the Jets have no running game. The Bills therefore match up very well on the Jets.

3. I think mistakes have much more to do with coaching. The Bills coaching staff has worked hard to keep the schemes simple and focus on the Bills superior athleticism. The coaching staff seems to be more effective than any staff for a while now in helping the players play mistake free football. I really don't think there is any reason to think that the trend is going to suddenly change.

4. Duke Preston is behind Villarrial. While he's no all pro either, he does have a number of starts under his belt, he's reasonably athletic, and should be better than last season when he wasn't very good, but was still better than putzes like Mike Pucillo who once started for Buffalo.

5. McGahee will get over 100 yards on Sunday.

bluehaze
09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
The Jets aren't great but they have been consistent thus far. Should be a great opportunity for you guys to evaluate your team. I understand the skepticism being that both New England and Miami have played pretty bad football against you guys making it hard to determine wether your making them look bad or they just plain played badly. Should definitely be more apparent after this game. I think It's going to be a good game, looking forward to watching it. Much rather see you guys taking it than the Jets. The only team I hate more than the Jets is the Pats and if The Phins can't dethrone the Pats I'll surely be rooting for you guys to do it.

Good luck to y'all this weekend!

HHURRICANE
09-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Sorry, but I warned you!!!

D'BrickOwnedU
09-25-2006, 10:12 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Where was your Double digit sack guy. Oh thats right he got NOTHING. D'Brick Crushed him. Mangold Kicked the Bills ass too. As for your prediction 38 hahahaha try 28-20. See you in december.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 10:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Where was your Double digit sack guy. Oh thats right he got NOTHING. D'Brick Crushed him. Mangold Kicked the Bills ass too. As for your prediction 38 hahahaha try 28-20. See you in december.
A jets fan who decided to join and talk smack ONLY AFTER a WIN. Otheriwse, didn't bother to show up before the game. kids. Definitely a troll. :rolleyes:

feelthepain
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM

Uh oh.......All last week when I said Buffalo didn't win the game, Miami lost the game, a whole lotta Bill fans took offense to that. Bill fans want to think their team is good so badly that they'll take everything at face value rather then looking at the big picture. It was obvious, Daunte was the biggest reason the Bills had 7 sacks, not because the Bills D was actually that good and the Bills O in Miami, was non existent.

Daunte is still struggling, he is gun shy and very uncomfortable right now. He's more worried about the pass rush then where the WR's are. He's making it easy to sack him. Till he starts looking down the field and quits worrying abot the pass rush he will continue to struggle. Miami won't be able to run the ball till they can throw the ball. Miami's D is playing vey well it's our O and most noteably Daunte, that's making this team look far worse then they are. I think the Fins are doing the right thing with Daunte by keeping him in there, he needs to work through this.

BleedinGreenNC
09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
A jets fan who decided to join and talk smack ONLY AFTER a WIN. Otheriwse, didn't bother to show up before the game. kids. Definitely a troll. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, why would someone join a board just to run their mouth?

mysticsoto
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Uh oh.......All last week when I said Buffalo didn't win the game, Miami lost the game, a whole lotta Bill fans took offense to that. Bill fans want to think their team is good so badly that they'll take everything at face value rather then looking at the big picture. It was obvious, Daunte was the biggest reason the Bills had 7 sacks, not because the Bills D was actually that good and the Bills O in Miami, was non existent.

Daunte is still struggling, he is gun shy and very uncomfortable right now. He's more worried about the pass rush then where the WR's are. He's making it easy to sack him. Till he starts looking down the field and quits worrying abot the pass rush he will continue to struggle. Miami won't be able to run the ball till they can throw the ball. Miami's D is playing vey well it's our O and most noteably Daunte, that's making this team look far worse then they are. I think the Fins are doing the right thing with Daunte by keeping him in there, he needs to work through this.

Well, if Daunte is so bad, maybe Saban should look into trading a 2nd rounder to Philly for Feeley!!!

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Uh oh.......All last week when I said Buffalo didn't win the game, Miami lost the game, a whole lotta Bill fans took offense to that. .

Miami didn't win the game. The titans gave the game to miami.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I agree with you, why would someone join a board just to run their mouth?
it's okay to run their mouth ,but at least do it before the game. He/she had to wait first to see if the jets would win the game . If the bills won, he wouldn't show up at all.

BleedinGreenNC
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
it's okaa to run their mouth ,but at least do it before the game. He/she had to wait first to see if the jets would win the game . If the bills won, he wouldn't show up at all.

True!!

Vilma > Fletcher
09-25-2006, 02:25 PM

Your check has bounced.

Some guy came over to our forum and said denney is the next coming of bruce smith.

Comedy I tell you.

Aaron Schobel looked good also. O no, wait. Dbrick was not having that.