PDA

View Full Version : Please watch DJ's press conference

Risin
09-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player. ;)

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player. ;)

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)

God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

Risin
09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.

patmoran2006
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll give Jauron credit for owning up to ****.

But the truth is. He had a HORRIBLE game plan and let Fairchild get too cute on offense.

DynaPaul
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I love Dick.

Wait a second... that just didn't sound right.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.
I cant help but feel like both Gregg and Mularkey would have had LAUGHABLE results in those same first 3 games. The NFL screwed us, we made he best of it, and it looked to me like Jauron had this team ready to play for as young and new as they were.

Instead of being laughable they were RESPECTABLE.

I wasnt pleased with our coaching in this last game, but the season isnt one game long either.

patmoran2006
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.

ddaryl
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I had no problem with the play calling. Take away the turnovers, and add a few blitz pickups and the Bills win.

We're a young team that needs to go through its growing pains.

Saratoga Slim
09-25-2006, 07:56 PM
JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.

What was there to "HATE"? Just curious. I didn't like the trick field goal play much, but other than that, I really didn't come out of there with a feeling that the coaching staff had a particularly bad game. More pressure on Pennington would have been nice, and better execution in the red zone would have won the game. But otherwise, what pray tell was so bad about the game plan, play calling etc? Missed blocks, turnovers, etc are execution problems.

YardRat
09-25-2006, 08:01 PM
The team gained almost 500 yards of offense...Overall I'd say the play-calling was pretty damn good.

Typ0
09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I agree guys. Too many are lambasting the coaches this week. JP and WM BOTH had career days. We lost because we turned the ball over.

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 10:35 PM
JP's arm was going forward. He should have challenged the call.

Dozerdog
09-25-2006, 10:37 PM

The arm going forward means nothing- the ball went backwards. My seats were on the yard line the hit happened. There is no such thing as an incomplete pass if the ball goes backward. It's either a fumble or a lateral.

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 10:42 PM
His arm was going forward before the ball came loose. It was close enpigh to warrant a replay. I've watched it several times (including in super slow motion thanks to my dvr :D) and every time, his arm is going forward before the ball comes loose.

Turf
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM

That one and the foot out of bounds on the three yard line. I can't believe people on here saying well they would have scored anyways from the three. If the coaching staff believed that we might as well mail it in now and just surrender.
Jauron has not challenged a lot of calls that could have significantly turned games around. Maybe he needs some carbs for his brain or something.

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Just kidding...I only watched it once in regular speed and I have no idea if it was a fumble or not. :chuckle:

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Actually, I didn't even watch the game. I just figured one of the fumbles had to be close enough to an incomplete pass to argue about it. :chuckle:

Dozerdog
Two things- the FG would have been a 54 yarder in an insane wind. The Bills were in no-mans' land- a punt would have netted 18 yards if it goes out of the end zone.

Too far for a FG in those conditions.

Either go for it with the offense or fake the FG. Not a horrible call- predictable maybe- but not horrible. Better execution too would have helped.

On the bootleg- I put that one on Losman. I'm watching in my binoculars, and I can clearly see an uncovered Jet -98 Hamilton - was lined up way wide of the left tackle.

The one thing in my mind was "I hope they aren't going to bootleg" - or at least hoping someone would motion or shift to take the guy out.

If Losman only saw the guy before the snap lined up out there, He could and should have checked out of it or called a TO

lordofgun
:chuckle:

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I was watching Nascar. :(

onceproudbillsfan
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Well lord of gun if we had tom brady on our team we could have challenged it and the refs would have overturned the call and called it the famous "tuck rule."

ScottLawrence
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Offensive playcalling I didn't have too much a problem with, although we certainly could've ran the ball more on 3rd down.

Defensive playcalling was suspect, no adjustments, we continued to rush pennington with our front 4 when it clearly wasn't working against the 3 step drop/quick throws.

Some more blitzes thrown at Pennington could've made the difference in the game.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
JP-ERA

I was clear. I said I wasnt happy with the coaching in this game.

Yes, Losman made mistakes.

Yes, McGahee made mistakes.

My point is that I think we would be in even worse shape if either Gregg or Mularkey was our HC.

Risin
09-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Offensive playcalling I didn't have too much a problem with, although we certainly could've ran the ball more on 3rd down.

Defensive playcalling was suspect, no adjustments, we continued to rush pennington with our front 4 when it clearly wasn't working against the 3 step drop/quick throws.

Some more blitzes thrown at Pennington could've made the difference in the game.

I just thanked you because it's the first post I read of yours that didn't mention Losman.

I never even knew you watched the defense play.

I'm impressed, and very proud of you.

This could be the start of something beautiful.

:D :up:

Typ0
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
The arm going forward means nothing- the ball went backwards. My seats were on the yard line the hit happened. There is no such thing as an incomplete pass if the ball goes backward. It's either a fumble or a lateral.

it is possible that the arm and ball started to move forward and the impact of the hit changed the direction of the ball backwards...which would be an incomplete pass. Not saying that is what happened but I have seen it happen.

Typ0
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Two things- the FG would have been a 54 yarder in an insane wind. The Bills were in no-mans' land- a punt would have netted 18 yards if it goes out of the end zone.

Too far for a FG in those conditions.

Either go for it with the offense or fake the FG. Not a horrible call- predictable maybe- but not horrible. Better execution too would have helped.

On the bootleg- I put that one on Losman. I'm watching in my binoculars, and I can clearly see an uncovered Jet -98 Hamilton - was lined up way wide of the left tackle.

The one thing in my mind was "I hope they aren't going to bootleg" - or at least hoping someone would motion or shift to take the guy out.

If Losman only saw the guy before the snap lined up out there, He could and should have checked out of it or called a TO

that's really the area JP is not getting it done. Now I'm not saying the guy sucks or anything because he's not getting it done...but he isn't reading defenses very well, he's not going through progressions very well and he's focused on one receiver too much. He has been doing a great job of throwing the ball which is very exciting...because if he can get his act together and really run the offense we're going to be in great shape with JP Losman.

Risin
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
that's really the area JP is not getting it done. Now I'm not saying the guy sucks or anything because he's not getting it done...but he isn't reading defenses very well, he's not going through progressions very well and he's focused on one receiver too much. He has been doing a great job of throwing the ball which is very exciting...because if he can get his act together and really run the offense we're going to be in great shape with JP Losman.

JP is reading the defense just fine.

You don't spread the ball around, and dump it off to the running back, if you're not going through your progressions.

Outside of the INT, and the perfect pass to Price in double coverage, he rarely threw into tight coverage.

The reason he didn't have to throw into double coverage, was because he was making the right read on the play.

I don't care if it's his primary or secondary receiver.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
I had no problem with the play calling. Take away the turnovers, and add a few blitz pickups and the Bills win.

We're a young team that needs to go through its growing pains.
Faking a field goal up already 7-0 with a "young" team is good play calling? NOT running your stud running back up the gut on 3rd and 1 and trying to roll out with JP is good play calling?

I praised the hell out of the staff last week, deservedly so. This week, their play calling and game management SUCKED

Coach Sal
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Dozer's right - the ball went backward. That makes it a fumble no matter if the arm was going forward or not.

And almost 500 yards of offense does not automatically equate to good play-calling. Although I don't think the play-calling was the problem, I do think we tried to blow the Jets out (especially after the TD on the second play) and were just a little too quick to get out of character and start pressing.

Defensively, the Jets did a great job of negating our pass rush by throwing a lot of 3-step drops and quick slants, as well as that damn screen pass that killed us.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Dozer's right - the ball went backward. That makes it a fumble no matter if the arm was going forward or not.

And almost 500 yards of offense does not automatically equate to good play-calling. Although I don't think the play-calling was the problem, I do think we tried to blow the Jets out (especially after the TD on the second play) and were just a little too quick to get out of character and start pressing.

Defensively, the Jets did a great job of negating our pass rush by throwing a lot of 3-step drops and quick slants, as well as that damn screen pass that killed us.
IMO you are right on the money, with that line of yours I put in bold.. Absolutely on the money with that.

We're not that kind of team, not now anyway. Pound the ball into their skulls and play smart defense. Jauron (or should I say Fairchild) let JP open up the offense TOO Much, too early and it backfired majorly with the turnovers.

"Dont fix something that isn't broke".

Look, its ONE game and an early in the year game on top of that. I'm not bashing Jauron, Fewel or Fairchild. I'll take well coached games 66% of the time anyday compared to what we've seen for the last six.. But call a spade a spade and say the coaching wasn't up to par with the first two weeks and they threw away (literally) what was working for them.

Coach Sal
09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
IMO you are right on the money, with that line of yours I put in bold.. Absolutely on the money with that.

We're not that kind of team, not now anyway. Pound the ball into their skulls and play smart defense. Jauron (or should I say Fairchild) let JP open up the offense TOO Much, too early and it backfired majorly with the turnovers.

"Dont fix something that isn't broke".

Look, its ONE game and an early in the year game on top of that. I'm not bashing Jauron, Fewel or Fairchild. I'll take well coached games 66% of the time anyday compared to what we've seen for the last six.. But call a spade a spade and say the coaching wasn't up to par with the first two weeks and they threw away (literally) what was working for them.

Thanks.

Pat (and everyone else) - you should listen to this week's Stampede (stuck at the top of this forum). I talk about this very thing :D .

You should call the Quick Take line with your thoughts.....206-202-TAKE. I'll put it on the air.

doomsdayvirus
09-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I love Dick.

Wait a second... that just didn't sound right.

ha!! i knew it all along!

a freudulent slip perhaps??

DynaPaul
09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
ha!! i knew it all along!

a freudulent slip perhaps??

Don't get your hopes up!