PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Roster spots

justasportsfan
10-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Who are a waste so far this season? Hopefully one of them will step up and change.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/BUF

Mine are.

Neufeld, Davis . I'm on the fence on Wire or Aiken. Other than that blocked punt, our ST hasn't done squat since then. I would get rid of any of those players for a DT or a better TE .

Although he was having a great camp before getting injured, I wonder if Bowens is worth keeping. He's always injured. Otherwise, if and when he heals, then Leonard can go.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Definitely Neufeld- the guy does nothing. I agree on Davis as well- I think he might be able to contribute but he never sees the field cuz apparently the other guys we have are better.

I'm on the fence with Shaud Williams- the guy has done nothign this year and has even been inactive for some games. But on the other hand, if McGahee or A train go down, that leaves us with only one RB on the roster so we probably need to keep him anyway.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
stupid question: since McCargo's gone for the year, is there a way to take him off the 53 man roster to free up a spot without losing rights to him for next year?

justasportsfan
10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
stupid question: since McCargo's gone for the year, is there a way to take him off the 53 man roster to free up a spot without losing rights to him for next year?
it's not stupid. I think that applies if he's put on IR. :idunno:

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

bigbub2352
10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
I would love to chime in here

Aiken
Wire
Leonard
Shaud Williams
Matt Bowen
Andre Davis
Kevine Everett
Ryan Nuefeld
Eric Powell
John Digeorgio
and wasted spot on PS is Jason Jefferson and it would have been CJ Leak i am glad they replaced a guy who hasnt played football in 3 years

I cant believe u cut Rashard Baker and Lionel Gates, knowing that Bowen had a broken leg, Baker can play both spots, better than a 5'5 white boy, and cut Troy too knowing that Bowen would be out, makes no sense, then keep Shaud to have him inactive when Lionel could have shared time with A-Train
the guys on ST like Wire and Aiken are useless Aiken and Wire both haven;t made a tackle all year with the exception of Wires punt he did nothing but hurt us on the feild

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Who would you guys replace these players with?

Night Train
10-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Shelton. He's done.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Quite a few of the guys listed in this thread are good Special Teamers. And while our STs haven't been as productive this year as they were over the past 2 seasons, they might turn into a complete disaster without the likes of Aiken, Wire, Neufeld, Davis, Leonhard, et. al.

We can't just cut most of our STers because they're not regular position stars.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2006, 11:32 AM
bowen

RedEyE
10-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Bowen....And Shelton is on my **** list.

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM

no, but considering that our ST has already underperformed and they're not contributing at other positions, cutting one or two for positions of need may not be such a bad idea.

We're dangerously thin at OL and DL and may need to get whatever bodies we can to fill in.

justasportsfan
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Quite a few of the guys listed in this thread are good Special Teamers. And while our STs haven't been as productive this year as they were over the past 2 seasons, they might turn into a complete disaster without the likes of Aiken, Wire, Neufeld, Davis, Leonhard, et. al.

would you give up a few of those players for players that can give Losman better protection or stop the run? I would.

Jan Reimers
10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
bowen
I agree on that one, SAB. Why didn't we - or don't we - just put the guy on IR and bring in someone who is actually healthy enough to play?

bigbub2352
10-11-2006, 11:41 AM
how do u release rashard baker, when u knew Bowen would be out, and then put Troy on IR and get leonard back, bad move, bad coaching, Shelton i agree good bye he is worthless

OpIv37
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
how do u release rashard baker, when u knew Bowen would be out, and then put Troy on IR and get leonard back, bad move, bad coaching, Shelton i agree good bye he is worthless

Shelton sucks, but do we even have another FB on the roster?

RedEyE
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Shelton sucks, but do we even have another FB on the roster?

Burns..wait....nope.

Typ0
10-11-2006, 12:12 PM

I think we need to fix the defense before we are worried about cutting special teams players.