PDA

View Full Version : WR.. Hey Draft Guru's.. Read This

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2006, 08:10 PM
So anyways, Im watching the Georgia Tech Game, and I see this Calvin Johnson. It gave me flashbacks of previous games I have seen him in. It is no secret that the Bills need a big #2, and this guy may be a steal. In what rounds do you think he will be taken in?

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 08:19 PM
clearly dont follow college football much (not like anything is wrong with that) but this guy is clearly a top 2 WR in this draft round 1 for sure top 5 but 15 if he slips but that's very unlikely

OpIv37
10-21-2006, 08:23 PM
from what I've seen of him, he'd be a great addition, but I think he's going to go early.

If he was available, I guess it would depend on the other options. This team needs a serious #2 WR, but we also desperately need a DT, a DE and a LT. Also Johnson's probably good enough to be a #1 WR.

If there's a good receiving TE available, I'd almost rather go that route. A true receiving threat at TE would decrease the need for a better #2 WR and might allow someone on our roster (read: PEERLESS PRICE) to step it up and be a true #2.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2006, 08:25 PM
What about Jeff Samardzija? Any chance he may drop down into the 2nd round or so?

Ron Burgundy
10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
What about Jeff Samardzija? Any chance he may drop down into the 2nd round or so?

Hard to say. He's gotta pick a sport, first...he's big into baseball, too.

Calvin Johnson will rightfully be gone by the time we pick in the first.

DraftBoy
10-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Calvin Johnson is the best player in college football, he's a top 3 pick.

Smardzija will be a late round 1 pick. He falls to round 2, he may not want to play football anymore.

He was drafted by the Cubs this past MLB draft, he's a great pitcher for ND.

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM

I could see that happening he is about the 5th best WR in the draft I honeslty like Rehma McKnight, his teamate more than him.

X-Era
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
So anyways, Im watching the Georgia Tech Game, and I see this Calvin Johnson. It gave me flashbacks of previous games I have seen him in. It is no secret that the Bills need a big #2, and this guy may be a steal. In what rounds do you think he will be taken in?
e fire W\
Hes the best sure fire WR prospect since Tory Holt. Hes a better prospect than Fitz was, or even Roy Williams.

He will go in the top 3 picks I have no doubt.

BILLSROCK1212
10-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Vince Young to Calvin Johnson for the touchdown! Can hear it already.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Really doesnt surprise me to hear this, I guess. Everytime, I see the kid play, he is an animal.

clumping platelets
10-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Calvin Johnson could be #1 overall or drop to the #5 but not likely much further

Lee-83
10-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't care what tackle is on the board, if we have a shot you take Calvin Johnson hands down. Where else are you gonna find a mix of Anquan Boldin and Randy Moss? He and Lee will be a deadly combo.

X-Era
10-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't care what tackle is on the board, if we have a shot you take Calvin Johnson hands down. Where else are you gonna find a mix of Anquan Boldin and Randy Moss? He and Lee will be a deadly combo.

I cannot disagree with the potential of that combo....disgusting and something you simply cant pass up!

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Very, exciting even entertaining the thought.