PDA

View Full Version : Bills unhappy with Losman per Adam S on NFLN

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Saw it this morning. Granted he speculated that they may look to make a change soon, but he said they are not happy with his lack of development.

Again, the TEAM sucks. No QB will succeed behind this OL, BUT JP is killing himself with stupid mistakes, not checking off, audibleing etc.

Patrick76777
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Saw it this morning. Granted he speculated that they may look to make a change soon, but he said they are not happy with his lack of development.

Again, the TEAM sucks. No QB will succeed behind this OL, BUT JP is killing himself with stupid mistakes, not checking off, audibleing etc.

This just made my morning. I hope they make the change for the Packers game. It would be a nice situation for Nall's first start. At home against his former team.

Let's make that happen.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 07:47 AM
JP sunk the ship, he can go down with it. JP starts all 16 games.

Patrick76777
10-23-2006, 07:59 AM

Why not see if Nall has anything. This is the best time to find out.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 08:04 AM

NO. The homers wanted a season and that's what JP gets. Can you imagine the off-season if some people still think JP is still the future because he didn't get a full season again this year?

We'll still hear the basically a rookie crap, coaching staff screwed him, give him 16 games this year crap again next year if the Bills bench him now..

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Guard Chris Villarrial said, "We need to grow up." There are a lot of young guys on the team, but it sounds like he's directing it at the quarterback. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

I'm all for crticism of JP. The turnovers are ridiculous and he is not poised in the pocket. But when you have Fletcher and Villareal criticizing the QB after the way they both played it's hard not to get pissed.

Drew Brees:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Season</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2001</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>94.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD class=yspscores>27</TD><TD class=yspscores>55.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>221</TD><TD class=yspscores>221.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>8.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>18</TD><TD class=yspscores>18.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2002</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>76.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>320</TD><TD class=yspscores>526</TD><TD class=yspscores>60.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>3284</TD><TD class=yspscores>205.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>17</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>38</TD><TD class=yspscores>130</TD><TD class=yspscores>8.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>180</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>67.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>205</TD><TD class=yspscores>356</TD><TD class=yspscores>57.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>2108</TD><TD class=yspscores>191.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>84</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>178</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 08:08 AM

I agree 100%. They're not exactly putting him in a position to succeed behind that OL. How bout Villarial's whiff on that sack-fumble?!?!?

but you're right. He's still making the kind of mistakes he made at the beginning of the season. for instance, he was locking on to his primary receiver like nobody's business yesterday. That said, I hope he gets at least a few more games before they even consider a switch, and they should only consider it at all if they think Craig Nall has some potential to be a starter. There is no reason to put Kelly Holcomb on the field. I'd rather lose the rest of the games under JP and know for sure going into the offseason whether he's worth keeping around.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Guard Chris Villarrial said, "We need to grow up." There are a lot of young guys on the team, but it sounds like he's directing it at the quarterback. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

I'm all for crticism of JP. The turnovers are ridiculous and he is not poised in the pocket. But when you have Fletcher and Villareal criticizing the QB after the way they both played it's hard not to get pissed.

Drew Brees:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Season</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2001</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>94.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD class=yspscores>27</TD><TD class=yspscores>55.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>221</TD><TD class=yspscores>221.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>8.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>18</TD><TD class=yspscores>18.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2002</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>76.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>320</TD><TD class=yspscores>526</TD><TD class=yspscores>60.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>3284</TD><TD class=yspscores>205.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>17</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>38</TD><TD class=yspscores>130</TD><TD class=yspscores>8.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>180</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>San Diego</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>67.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>205</TD><TD class=yspscores>356</TD><TD class=yspscores>57.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>2108</TD><TD class=yspscores>191.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>84</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>178</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can bet this signals the end for JP. DJ isn't going to have a revolt on his hands like Mularkey did. JP is regressing, no way to sugar coat it, and DJ said unless he improves every week....

Patrick76777
10-23-2006, 08:11 AM
NO. The homers wanted a season and that's what JP gets. Can you imagine the off-season if some people still think JP is still the future because he didn't get a full season again this year?

We'll still hear the basically a rookie crap, coaching staff screwed him, give him 16 games this year crap again next year if the Bills bench him now..

LMAO. I did think of that. Wouldn't that be terrible!

Elminster
10-23-2006, 08:13 AM
I agree. It goes back to what I've been saying for a long time...there is no leadership on this football team. Whenever we need a big play, everyone looks to everyone else. It doesn't cross Fletch's mind that HE needs to make a play, it crosses his mind that TKO or Nate needs to make a big play. It's never about stepping up, it's about waiting for some one else to step up. That's how we lose...they're all so busy looking for some one to step up that they don't even think that they need to set an example and MAKE A PLAY. If you look at Patriots...they always make plays. Why? Because they never think that Tedy or Tommie or Lawrence needs to make a play, they all say to themselves I have to make a play. Which is why you see things like Lee Evans obliviously watching Asante Samuel make a pick. Sorry Lee, but part of being #1 to an inexperienced QB is sometimes playing DB, and you suck at it. And yes, I do think JP is one of the few players who thinks that HE needs to make a play....but he's terrible at it and we're better off he not try at this point. Unfortunately, no one aside from him and Roscoe seems willing to step up....

Inetpub
10-23-2006, 08:14 AM

Agreed. Wow it will be horrendous 4th year rookie statements here.

As for Drew Brees stats, I can post all of RJ stats you want. Where is he now? Stats from Drew Brees means crap. Drew Brees doesnt play for the Buffalo Bills. JP and Drew Brees are 2 different people. Stop comparing him to other QBs. He is JP and if you want to post stats...POST HIS and his 3-12 record.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 08:14 AM
I agree 100%. They're not exactly putting him in a position to succeed behind that OL. How bout Villarial's whiff on that sack-fumble?!?!?

but you're right. He's still making the kind of mistakes he made at the beginning of the season. for instance, he was locking on to his primary receiver like nobody's business yesterday. That said, I hope he gets at least a few more games before they even consider a switch, and they should only consider it at all if they think Craig Nall has some potential to be a starter. There is no reason to put Kelly Holcomb on the field. I'd rather lose the rest of the games under JP and know for sure going into the offseason whether he's worth keeping around.

I think the staff already knows if they are keeping him or not. these mistakes are just habit for losman, showing what type of QB he really is.

I love the kid, honestly I do and you all know I have fought for him. But I can't do it anymore. I saw a kid beaten and not able to keep up with the speed of an NFL game yesterday. He needs a run and shoot type offense where you consistantly move the pocket OR the best OL in the NFL in order to succeed.

I know the line sucks, so does he. So a GOOD QB checks down, audibles or flat takes the ball and runs. JP For some reason can't do any of that, and I hate to see it.

alohabillsfan
10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I think the staff already knows if they are keeping him or not. these mistakes are just habit for losman, showing what type of QB he really is.

I love the kid, honestly I do and you all know I have fought for him. But I can't do it anymore. I saw a kid beaten and not able to keep up with the speed of an NFL game yesterday. He needs a run and shoot type offense where you consistantly move the pocket OR the best OL in the NFL in order to succeed.

I know the line sucks, so does he. So a GOOD QB checks down, audibles or flat takes the ball and runs. JP For some reason can't do any of that, and I hate to see it.

All I can say is WOW! I was wondering how you would respond to JP's performance yesterday.

For everyone saying our line sucks really needs to watch the tape of the game because NE o-line made our D line look like pro bowlers the problem is Brady remains cool and makes the throw when he can, JP launches it 4 yds beyond open receivers. Time for NALL BALL

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 08:59 AM

I haven't completely given up hope yet. I'll give him a few more games. But I agree that it's looking more and more like he's a quarterback that needs an offense designed for him Jake-Plummer style. In fact, I think Jake Plummer is probably a good comparison from a talent perspective, except that Jake seems to have better leadership qualities.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I haven't completely given up hope yet. I'll give him a few more games. But I agree that it's looking more and more like he's a quarterback that needs an offense designed for him Jake-Plummer style. In fact, I think Jake Plummer is probably a good comparison from a talent perspective, except that Jake seems to have better leadership qualities.

Exactly

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 09:38 AM
I agree. It goes back to what I've been saying for a long time...there is no leadership on this football team. Whenever we need a big play, everyone looks to everyone else. It doesn't cross Fletch's mind that HE needs to make a play, it crosses his mind that TKO or Nate needs to make a big play. It's never about stepping up, it's about waiting for some one else to step up. That's how we lose...they're all so busy looking for some one to step up that they don't even think that they need to set an example and MAKE A PLAY. If you look at Patriots...they always make plays. Why? Because they never think that Tedy or Tommie or Lawrence needs to make a play, they all say to themselves I have to make a play. Which is why you see things like Lee Evans obliviously watching Asante Samuel make a pick.

This is such a great post and opitmisizes the heart of this team. Have we ever heard Fletcher, in his entire time here, ever say "I could have played better". This team will always point the finger elsewhere. JP is a very easy target but I watched 52 guys suck yesterday. Peters was great so he gets a pass. JP didn't drop a perfectly thrown ball for 7 points yesterday. Where was the speed that Andre Davis supposedly has? Dierdorf made the comment that it should have been impossible for JP to overthrow Davis on that play. If you want to hang JP, hang him on the turnovers!! No excuses in the world for that. But let's not forget that we watched the whole team suck yesterday, except for Peters!

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
This is such a great post and opitmisizes the heart of this team. Have we ever heard Fletcher, in his entire time here, ever say "I could have played better". This team will always point the finger elsewhere. JP is a very easy target but I watched 52 guys suck yesterday. Peters was great so he gets a pass. JP didn't drop a perfectly thrown ball for 7 points yesterday. Where was the speed that Andre Davis supposedly has? Dierdorf made the comment that it should have been impossible for JP to overthrow Davis on that play. If you want to hang JP, hang him on the turnovers!! No excuses in the world for that. But let's not forget that we watched the whole team suck yesterday, except for Peters!

I didn't see 52 players suck, I saw the TOM DONAHOE players he drafted and signed suck. I did see Whitner etal trying hard.

Novacane
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

>

After his stupid roughing penalty Fletcher should just keep his mouth shut. What a *****.

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
It should say the Bills are unhappy with Jauron. Jauron needs to look at himself in the mirror. He's looking for a scapegoat like Mularkey and Donahoe did last year.

Losman isn't the coach of this team. It's not his fault the Bills are down by 2 scores two drives into the game for the last 3 weeks. It's not Losman's fault the team seems uninterested from the opening kickoff.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 10:10 AM

Because the Packers spent 5 years working that one out. He spent 5 years learning behind one of the great QBs and they draft someone else.

Enough for me.

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Davis couldn't run down a perfect pass against the Lions last week either.

Davis flat out sucks. Don't forget a nice pass to Evans that he couldn't come down with either.

If JP was the only one playing bad then yeah go ahead and blame him. I see the entire team not responding to this crap that you call a gameplan and HC.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Villarial and Fletcher Baker aiming criticism at Losman

Mmmm............

Pot calling kettle black there I think

Elminster
10-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Villarial and Fletcher Baker aiming criticism at Losman

Mmmm............

Pot calling kettle black there I think Yeah, seriously. It'd be one thing if they had played a good game...but I saw Villarial get beat bad on quite a few plays, and I have difficulty remembering the last time Fletch made a big stop. They ought to worry about getting their own asses in gear before bashing some one else. Only Jason Peters has any right to pass the buck...him and Aaron Merz, I'd say...

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, seriously. It'd be one thing if they had played a good game...but I saw Villarial get beat bad on quite a few plays, and I have difficulty remembering the last time Fletch made a big stop. They ought to worry about getting their own asses in gear before bashing some one else. Only Jason Peters has any right to pass the buck...him and Aaron Merz, I'd say...

We're looking at a bunch of washed up players and a career failure at HC trying to make excuses for themselves coming up short.

That's one of the problems with this team. Instead of owning up that they aren't producing they wanna shift blame towards somebody else.

Patrick76777
10-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Because the Packers spent 5 years working that one out. He spent 5 years learning behind one of the great QBs and they draft someone else.

Enough for me.

JP fans want to give him 24 starts before we know if he's good.

Nall has 0 starts and you know he's got nothing.

Nice.

djjimkelly
10-23-2006, 11:15 AM
You can bet this signals the end for JP. DJ isn't going to have a revolt on his hands like Mularkey did. JP is regressing, no way to sugar coat it, and DJ said unless he improves every week....

NO YOU CAN MARK THIS AS THE DAY VILLARIAL AND FLETCHER SIGNED THEIR TICKETS OUT OF BUFFALO.

MAYBE THE 2 OF THEM SHOULD MAKE SOME PLAYS!!!!!!!

i on a weekly basis say villarial is terrible and that midget fletcher doesnt make on play that isn't the end of a 5-6 yard run.

ScottLawrence
10-23-2006, 11:31 AM

Don't give me this bull**** on how no QB will succeed behind this OL.

Kelly Holcomb played just fine behind an even worse O-Line last year as we had a top 15 offense, and were top 10 in scoring when he started.....Something I say almost everyday but for some reason people ignore it.

Losman sucks, and he's bringing the team down with him.

This whole situation was ****ed up by Donahoe, JP, like all the QB's on our roster have talent but should've never been forced to start last year, nor this year.....We put him in to early, and his career in Buffalo at least, is ruined.

Blaming Losmans mistakes on the the line is pure stupidity.

raphael120
10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
i remember one of DJ's press conferences, him specifically saying something about him "showing progress" and about "Let's hope its this week." I dont know but I think DJ might be getting tired of JP, his attitude, and his ineptitude, and Im sorry, I was a JP supporter last season, and the beginning of this season, but cheese and rice, line aside, those were HIS mistakes and he HAS time in that pocket to make SMART decisions, and he's just NOT-MAKING-THEM!

Luisito23
10-23-2006, 11:51 AM
JP is an idiot, plain and simple, and we will be bigger idiots if we keep him in our roster nexy year.....even as our 3rd. QB.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't give me this bull**** on how no QB will succeed behind this OL.

Kelly Holcomb played just fine behind an even worse O-Line last year as we had a top 15 offense, and were top 10 in scoring when he started.....Something I say almost everyday but for some reason people ignore it.

Losman sucks, and he's bringing the team down with him.

This whole situation was ****ed up by Donahoe, JP, like all the QB's on our roster have talent but should've never been forced to start last year, nor this year.....We put him in to early, and his career in Buffalo at least, is ruined.

Blaming Losmans mistakes on the the line is pure stupidity.

The man was 3-4 behind this line, how does a losing record = 'played well'? Dink and dunk to the RB's isn't going to get it done and you know it.

Holcomb is a career backup everyone knows that. Now he is a year older so he has gotten worse (which is tough to believe he could be much worse). So stop the holcomb love he isn't starting again.

That said, this line SUCKS. This is evidenced by a lack of a running game and a push on short yardage. They are allowing guys to come free every game and look lost out there.

the line sucks period.

Earthquake Enyart
10-23-2006, 12:12 PM

:bf1:

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
It's the same bloody mistake week after week. The thing about "learning" and "progressing" as a QB is that you don't repeat the same freaking mistakes each week.

I don't care if Villarial whiffed on the block, JP SAW the defender. PUT 2 DAMN HANDS on the ball.

Bottom line, until JP stops staring down his WRS and telegraphing his throws, and until he stops holding the ball too long, he's NEVER going to cut it as a QB in the NFL. This isn't Tulane, playing against borderline Division 2 college teams. This is the NFL, where even the worst of the worst can take advantage of poor QB play.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
It's the same bloody mistake week after week. The thing about "learning" and "progressing" as a QB is that you don't repeat the same freaking mistakes each week.

I don't care if Villarial whiffed on the block, JP SAW the defender. PUT 2 DAMN HANDS on the ball.

Bottom line, until JP stops staring down his WRS and telegraphing his throws, and until he stops holding the ball too long, he's NEVER going to cut it as a QB in the NFL. This isn't Tulane, playing against borderline Division 2 college teams. This is the NFL, where even the worst of the worst can take advantage of poor QB play.

See thats the point its EVERY WEEK he keeps REPEATING the same stupid stuff. he isn't progressing at all.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 12:19 PM
NO YOU CAN MARK THIS AS THE DAY VILLARIAL AND FLETCHER SIGNED THEIR TICKETS OUT OF BUFFALO.

MAYBE THE 2 OF THEM SHOULD MAKE SOME PLAYS!!!!!!!

i on a weekly basis say villarial is terrible and that midget fletcher doesnt make on play that isn't the end of a 5-6 yard run.

Yep. You can look at the "micro" and blame JP or you can look at the "macro" and realize that we are not a team but a group of individual losers. That's why the USA BB team can't win a gold anymore and no matter how much Schneider spends he can't buy a playoff win in Washington.

Time to finish cleaning TD's house.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Time to finish cleaning TD's house.

And that includes Losman.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 12:22 PM

Bottom line, until JP stops staring down his WRS and telegraphing his throws, and until he stops holding the ball too long, he's NEVER going to cut it as a QB in the NFL.

The stare down of Evans on the INT was really bad and inexcusable.

But JP did see the defender and had 2 hands on the ball when he got it stripped. Villareal owns that one and the annoucers pretty much said that.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
The man was 3-4 behind this line, how does a losing record = 'played well'? Dink and dunk to the RB's isn't going to get it done and you know it.

Obviously, just watch JP Holcomb this year.

Like I've said all year, JP can't lead us to TDs unless there is a fluke play involved. Look at how the Bills have scored 9 offensive TDs this year. Only 2 of them came on what I would call a nice drive down the field.

When McGahee busted a long run on the shovel pass yesterday I was hoping he would take it to the house. I knew we'd get a FG out of it if he got tackled.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
And that includes Losman.

They are not going to cut JP. PERIOD. He is still better than what is on the bench so plan on seeing him in a Bills uni next year. I'd say that if JP can't get rid of the fumbles starting immediately, plan on seeing a QB competing for the starting job next year.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Obviously, just watch JP Holcomb this year.

Like I've said all year, JP can't lead us to TDs unless there is a fluke play involved. Look at how the Bills have scored 9 offensive TDs this year. Only 2 of them came on what I would call a nice drive down the field.

When McGahee busted a long run on the shovel pass yesterday I was hoping he would take it to the house. I knew we'd get a FG out of it if he got tackled.

Rule #1. Don't draft an RB after suffering a catastrophic knee injury. Can we admit that McGahee has lost a step. I was thinking that would have been 7 with Henry. The guy who chased him down had a hamstring injury that he hadn't fully recovered from. SAD.

Typ0
10-23-2006, 12:29 PM
This team is far from making a change at QB and being a good team that's for sure...but JP is responsible for himself and he's not getting it done. The ref caused him to fumble yesterday...I mean come on! We need to address a lot of areas and the team losing does not fall on JP's shoulders. He does get some of the blame though because he's handling the ball so poorly. We need to figure out that position as well as some others and if making changes is going to help that process along then that's what we must do.

Kerr
10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
It's no surprise he's the scapegoat now. Fairchild and jauron should re-evaluate the way they're using him. He's going to be less effective the way they are using him. He's proved he can't stay back in the pocket all the time. He needs to be to run and throw on the run, etc.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
It's no surprise he's the scapegoat now. Fairchild and jauron should re-evaluate the way they're using him. He's going to be less effective the way they are using him. He's proved he can't stay back in the pocket all the time. He needs to be to run and throw on the run, etc.

Yeah, let them change their entire Offensive scheme, philosophy, to suit a QB who's too inept to stand in the pocket and throw the ball.

Gimme a break.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
I just sent a PM to ICE...

"Hey ICE...someone has gotten hold of your password and signed in under your account/username in order to post deragatory comments about JP.

Just thought you should know.

Your bud, Yardy"

Elminster
10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, they ain't unhappy enough to bench him, which is good. But something needs to happen during these next nine games if JP wants to continue to be the starting QB of this team...

jbisset
10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
This team is going nowhere this year. We needed JP to play every game. We need to know if we need to draft another QB. Yes, he needs a better o line; however, this is the line he has.

Michael82
10-23-2006, 06:00 PM
That's because Jauron sucks. IF he benches JP this week and goes to Holcomb, it proves right there he is in over his head. :mad:

:ill:

eee1776
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I posted this on another blog...I've talked to some of the bills x players and they all agree on one thing...JP does not have it and the best quarterback on the team is Craig Nall.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 07:10 PM

JP didn't sink it, Marv and Dick did. They had the option to ensure we had a competent backup before the season and didn't make it happen. Nor did they field a competent oline. I don't blame JP - he is what he is - it's not like he pulled a Billy Joe Overthrow and not read the playbook. JP just isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Can't blame him for that. He doesn't put himself in the game....Dick does.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, let them change their entire Offensive scheme, philosophy, to suit a QB who's too inept to stand in the pocket and throw the ball.

Gimme a break.

Actually I have to disagree on this one. Coaches should fit the system to the players, not the other way around. Trying to force a scrambling QB into a pocket passer is a recipe for disaster. *See Mike Vick.

Kerr
10-23-2006, 09:29 PM

Gimme a break.

Ok so you're one of the few who wants nall to start apparently.

Jp is the most talented qb and the most dangerous qb on the roster, if he was used right. It was thought that he could adapt as a pure pocket passer in the league and just sit back there, but it's not to be, at least not yet. He's always had a problem with holding the ball too long even coming out of tulane. Get back to me after you watch footage of jp at tulane. You would see he was best when he moved around with/without the pocket and threw the ball on the run.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Ok so you're one of the few who wants nall to start apparently.

Jp is the most talented qb and the most dangerous qb on the roster, if he was used right. It was thought that he could adapt as a pure pocket passer in the league and just sit back there, but it's not to be, at least not yet. He's always had a problem with holding the ball too long even coming out of tulane. Get back to me after you watch footage of jp at tulane. You would see he was best when he moved around and threw the ball.

Where did I EVER say that I want Nall to start, or Holcomb for that matter? What I want is JP to pull his head out of his ass and start learning to play PROFESSIONAL football. This ISN'T TULANE. This isn't borderline division 2 college teams, it's the NFL.

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 09:35 PM

They are going to do the right thing and let Losman play a few more games. However, if we get to the 13th or 14th game and he still isn't making progress, then I think you have to put Nall in there and see what you have with him. This will give us a good indication of whether we need to go and get a QB in the offseason for next year.

Kerr
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Where did I EVER say that I want Nall to start, or Holcomb for that matter? What I want is JP to pull his head out of his ass and start learning to play PROFESSIONAL football. This ISN'T TULANE. This isn't borderline division 2 college teams, it's the NFL.

then why are you opposed to changing things? it's not working.

It isn't tulane, no kidding, but what TD saw at tulane is the type of qb that needs to have a system based around him.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
My two cents to the topic of the O-line and Losman....

As I was telling a friend of mine....If you have a QB, no matter the age, who is tentative and takes too long to process information in front of him, go through his reads and checkdowns etc...It tends to make the O-line look worse than they really are.

Now I'm not saying we have a good o-line but it's not the worst in the league either. Someone else pointed out people got in Bradys' face and he still made the throws and has done that since his rookie season.

Some QBs have it, some don't. Losman right now is in the latter.

Can he improve? Sure. Will he? Who knows. And how long does he get a free pass because he's a "rookie?"

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
My two cents to the topic of the O-line and Losman....

As I was telling a friend of mine....If you have a QB, no matter the age, who is tentative and takes too long to process information in front of him, go through his reads and checkdowns etc...It tends to make the O-line look worse than they really are.

Now I'm not saying we have a good o-line but it's not the worst in the league either. Someone else pointed out people got in Bradys' face and he still made the throws and has done that since his rookie season.

Some QBs have it, some don't. Losman right now is in the latter.

Can he improve? Sure. Will he? Who knows. And how long does he get a free pass because he's a "rookie?"

Its past time to quit playing the rookie card. Either you have it or you don't and I don't feel he does.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Its past time to quit playing the rookie card. Either you have it or you don't and I don't feel he does.

I would like you to go back and remove the 500 groans you gave me and turn them all into thanks.

I would also like you to pos. rep. me for the next 6 months to make up for all the neg. rep comments you have gave me.

I would say welcome to the club but you'll be back on the JP bandwagon when JP plays well against the Packers.

:evil:

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 08:46 AM
If anyone thinks Craig Nall is the answer to our problems, they don't understand the question.

Typ0
10-26-2006, 04:06 PM

he needs to prove he can listen and learn.

X-Era
10-26-2006, 06:03 PM

Love ya man, but this post is pretty damn funny as of now.