Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills unhappy with Losman per Adam S on NFLN

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bills unhappy with Losman per Adam S on NFLN

Saw it this morning. Granted he speculated that they may look to make a change soon, but he said they are not happy with his lack of development.

Again, the TEAM sucks. No QB will succeed behind this OL, BUT JP is killing himself with stupid mistakes, not checking off, audibleing etc.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills unhappy with Losman per Adam S on NFLN

Quote Originally Posted by ICE74129
    Saw it this morning. Granted he speculated that they may look to make a change soon, but he said they are not happy with his lack of development.

Again, the TEAM sucks. No QB will succeed behind this OL, BUT JP is killing himself with stupid mistakes, not checking off, audibleing etc.

This just made my morning. I hope they make the change for the Packers game. It would be a nice situation for Nall's first start. At home against his former team.

Let's make that happen.
    Resign our own guys!

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

JP sunk the ship, he can go down with it. JP starts all 16 games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    JP sunk the ship, he can go down with it. JP starts all 16 games.

Why not see if Nall has anything. This is the best time to find out.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick76777
    NO. The homers wanted a season and that's what JP gets. Can you imagine the off-season if some people still think JP is still the future because he didn't get a full season again this year?

We'll still hear the basically a rookie crap, coaching staff screwed him, give him 16 games this year crap again next year if the Bills bench him now..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guard Chris Villarrial said, "We need to grow up." There are a lot of young guys on the team, but it sounds like he's directing it at the quarterback. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

I'm all for crticism of JP. The turnovers are ridiculous and he is not poised in the pocket. But when you have Fletcher and Villareal criticizing the QB after the way they both played it's hard not to get pissed.

Drew Brees:

SeasonTeamG QBRatCompAttPctYdsY/GY/ATDInt RushYdsY/GAvgTD SackYdsL FumFumL
    2001San Diego1 94.8152755.6221221.08.210 21818.09.00 212 10
    2002San Diego16 76.932052660.83284205.36.21716 381308.13.41 24180 10
    2003San Diego11 67.520535657.62108191.65.91115 21847.64.00 21178 53

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree 100%. They're not exactly putting him in a position to succeed behind that OL. How bout Villarial's whiff on that sack-fumble?!?!?

but you're right. He's still making the kind of mistakes he made at the beginning of the season. for instance, he was locking on to his primary receiver like nobody's business yesterday. That said, I hope he gets at least a few more games before they even consider a switch, and they should only consider it at all if they think Craig Nall has some potential to be a starter. There is no reason to put Kelly Holcomb on the field. I'd rather lose the rest of the games under JP and know for sure going into the offseason whether he's worth keeping around.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Guard Chris Villarrial said, "We need to grow up." There are a lot of young guys on the team, but it sounds like he's directing it at the quarterback. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

I'm all for crticism of JP. The turnovers are ridiculous and he is not poised in the pocket. But when you have Fletcher and Villareal criticizing the QB after the way they both played it's hard not to get pissed.

Drew Brees:

SeasonTeamGQBRatCompAttPctYdsY/GY/ATDIntRushYdsY/GAvgTDSackYdsLFumFumL
    2001San Diego194.8152755.6221221.08.21021818.09.0021210
    2002San Diego1676.932052660.83284205.36.21716381308.13.412418010
    2003San Diego1167.520535657.62108191.65.9111521847.64.002117853
    You can bet this signals the end for JP. DJ isn't going to have a revolt on his hands like Mularkey did. JP is regressing, no way to sugar coat it, and DJ said unless he improves every week....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    NO. The homers wanted a season and that's what JP gets. Can you imagine the off-season if some people still think JP is still the future because he didn't get a full season again this year?

We'll still hear the basically a rookie crap, coaching staff screwed him, give him 16 games this year crap again next year if the Bills bench him now..

LMAO. I did think of that. Wouldn't that be terrible!

#1 Kelsay Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree. It goes back to what I've been saying for a long time...there is no leadership on this football team. Whenever we need a big play, everyone looks to everyone else. It doesn't cross Fletch's mind that HE needs to make a play, it crosses his mind that TKO or Nate needs to make a big play. It's never about stepping up, it's about waiting for some one else to step up. That's how we lose...they're all so busy looking for some one to step up that they don't even think that they need to set an example and MAKE A PLAY. If you look at Patriots...they always make plays. Why? Because they never think that Tedy or Tommie or Lawrence needs to make a play, they all say to themselves I have to make a play. Which is why you see things like Lee Evans obliviously watching Asante Samuel make a pick. Sorry Lee, but part of being #1 to an inexperienced QB is sometimes playing DB, and you suck at it. And yes, I do think JP is one of the few players who thinks that HE needs to make a play....but he's terrible at it and we're better off he not try at this point. Unfortunately, no one aside from him and Roscoe seems willing to step up....
    Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

i'm a tool
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Agreed. Wow it will be horrendous 4th year rookie statements here.

As for Drew Brees stats, I can post all of RJ stats you want. Where is he now? Stats from Drew Brees means crap. Drew Brees doesnt play for the Buffalo Bills. JP and Drew Brees are 2 different people. Stop comparing him to other QBs. He is JP and if you want to post stats...POST HIS and his 3-12 record.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim
    I agree 100%. They're not exactly putting him in a position to succeed behind that OL. How bout Villarial's whiff on that sack-fumble?!?!?

but you're right. He's still making the kind of mistakes he made at the beginning of the season. for instance, he was locking on to his primary receiver like nobody's business yesterday. That said, I hope he gets at least a few more games before they even consider a switch, and they should only consider it at all if they think Craig Nall has some potential to be a starter. There is no reason to put Kelly Holcomb on the field. I'd rather lose the rest of the games under JP and know for sure going into the offseason whether he's worth keeping around.
    I think the staff already knows if they are keeping him or not. these mistakes are just habit for losman, showing what type of QB he really is.

I love the kid, honestly I do and you all know I have fought for him. But I can't do it anymore. I saw a kid beaten and not able to keep up with the speed of an NFL game yesterday. He needs a run and shoot type offense where you consistantly move the pocket OR the best OL in the NFL in order to succeed.

I know the line sucks, so does he. So a GOOD QB checks down, audibles or flat takes the ball and runs. JP For some reason can't do any of that, and I hate to see it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the staff already knows if they are keeping him or not. these mistakes are just habit for losman, showing what type of QB he really is.

I love the kid, honestly I do and you all know I have fought for him. But I can't do it anymore. I saw a kid beaten and not able to keep up with the speed of an NFL game yesterday. He needs a run and shoot type offense where you consistantly move the pocket OR the best OL in the NFL in order to succeed.

I know the line sucks, so does he. So a GOOD QB checks down, audibles or flat takes the ball and runs. JP For some reason can't do any of that, and I hate to see it.

All I can say is WOW! I was wondering how you would respond to JP's performance yesterday.

For everyone saying our line sucks really needs to watch the tape of the game because NE o-line made our D line look like pro bowlers the problem is Brady remains cool and makes the throw when he can, JP launches it 4 yds beyond open receivers. Time for NALL BALL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I haven't completely given up hope yet. I'll give him a few more games. But I agree that it's looking more and more like he's a quarterback that needs an offense designed for him Jake-Plummer style. In fact, I think Jake Plummer is probably a good comparison from a talent perspective, except that Jake seems to have better leadership qualities.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim
    I haven't completely given up hope yet. I'll give him a few more games. But I agree that it's looking more and more like he's a quarterback that needs an offense designed for him Jake-Plummer style. In fact, I think Jake Plummer is probably a good comparison from a talent perspective, except that Jake seems to have better leadership qualities.
    Exactly

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster
    I agree. It goes back to what I've been saying for a long time...there is no leadership on this football team. Whenever we need a big play, everyone looks to everyone else. It doesn't cross Fletch's mind that HE needs to make a play, it crosses his mind that TKO or Nate needs to make a big play. It's never about stepping up, it's about waiting for some one else to step up. That's how we lose...they're all so busy looking for some one to step up that they don't even think that they need to set an example and MAKE A PLAY. If you look at Patriots...they always make plays. Why? Because they never think that Tedy or Tommie or Lawrence needs to make a play, they all say to themselves I have to make a play. Which is why you see things like Lee Evans obliviously watching Asante Samuel make a pick.
    This is such a great post and opitmisizes the heart of this team. Have we ever heard Fletcher, in his entire time here, ever say "I could have played better". This team will always point the finger elsewhere. JP is a very easy target but I watched 52 guys suck yesterday. Peters was great so he gets a pass. JP didn't drop a perfectly thrown ball for 7 points yesterday. Where was the speed that Andre Davis supposedly has? Dierdorf made the comment that it should have been impossible for JP to overthrow Davis on that play. If you want to hang JP, hang him on the turnovers!! No excuses in the world for that. But let's not forget that we watched the whole team suck yesterday, except for Peters!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is such a great post and opitmisizes the heart of this team. Have we ever heard Fletcher, in his entire time here, ever say "I could have played better". This team will always point the finger elsewhere. JP is a very easy target but I watched 52 guys suck yesterday. Peters was great so he gets a pass. JP didn't drop a perfectly thrown ball for 7 points yesterday. Where was the speed that Andre Davis supposedly has? Dierdorf made the comment that it should have been impossible for JP to overthrow Davis on that play. If you want to hang JP, hang him on the turnovers!! No excuses in the world for that. But let's not forget that we watched the whole team suck yesterday, except for Peters!
    I didn't see 52 players suck, I saw the TOM DONAHOE players he drafted and signed suck. I did see Whitner etal trying hard.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,490 Times in 7,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

. Fletcher, in an unusually passionate critique of his team's play, said the Bills need to make better decisions with the ball. Again, it seemed like a shot at Losman.

>
    After his stupid roughing penalty Fletcher should just keep his mouth shut. What a *****.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It should say the Bills are unhappy with Jauron. Jauron needs to look at himself in the mirror. He's looking for a scapegoat like Mularkey and Donahoe did last year.

Losman isn't the coach of this team. It's not his fault the Bills are down by 2 scores two drives into the game for the last 3 weeks. It's not Losman's fault the team seems uninterested from the opening kickoff.

kernowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick76777
    Because the Packers spent 5 years working that one out. He spent 5 years learning behind one of the great QBs and they draft someone else.

Enough for me.