PDA

View Full Version : Glad DJ isn't jumping off JP's bandwagon

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:02 PM
I still think the kid is gonna be a good QB.

On whether he will stick with Losman

Absolutely. Obviously when you believe in a guy, and we’ve talked about this a lot, it’s a question of when do you know? The answer for me is, just like any other player, you’ll know when you feel it. You will know it’s time. I believe in this guy and I believe that we’re going to struggle. We’ve been struggling lately and so has JP, but I think he’s going to be a good quarterback. We certainly have to push through and we’re going to stay with him and he’s going to make plays and we’ll come out on the other end as a football team. He took some shots, but clearly it’s not just JP. He’s the focus of it all. He has to get better, but we all have to improve.

Some of you flip-flop more than John Kerry.

Link: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4304

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Some of us are sick of the same bull**** excuses year after year.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
First, let me say that I think we should stick with Losman for the rest of the season before we decide if he's the QB of the future or not. That being said, a month ago I would have said I think JP can be a good QB. Now, I HOPE he can be a good QB, but with each game he's destroying my confidence that it will ever happen.

Now, onto this little bit of ignorance:

Some of you flip-flop more than John Kerry.

We just watch JP completely regress over the last 3 games. At the beginning of the season, he showed some flashes that he might actually be getting it. Over the last 3 games, he's looked just as bad as he did last year. Admitting that a player isn't getting it done on the field is hardly flip-flopping.

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Some of us are sick of the same bull**** excuses year after year.

So take it out on the quarterback?

Sounds like a shortcut to thinking.

Many reasons go into why JP and the team haven't played well.

Blaming it all on the QB is ******ed.

Bert102176
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
JP can and will be good we need to just calm down and let him play until we can get some OL help we won't do crap ever since the TD era they have not truely addressed the OL they have brought in other teams fodder instead of dishing out some dough for the really good OL guys, and as for Shelton I don't like him at FB

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM

what's ******ed is the fact that you think people are blaming it all on the QB. No one is saying that this team is losing solely because of Losman. But if you look at the way Losman telegraphs his passes, the way he holds onto the ball too long, the way he doesn't protect the ball, the way he tries to force throws- it's clear that he's making way too many mistakes on his own. And he's regressing because he wasn't making these mistakes (or at least not as many of them) in the first few games. That's where all the concern is coming from.

No one is blaming JP for the loss all on his own, but some of us are starting to wonder if this guy is good enough to lead this team, and with good reason.

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
First, let me say that I think we should stick with Losman for the rest of the season before we decide if he's the QB of the future or not. That being said, a month ago I would have said I think JP can be a good QB. Now, I HOPE he can be a good QB, but with each game he's destroying my confidence that it will ever happen.

Now, onto this little bit of ignorance:

We just watch JP completely regress over the last 3 games. At the beginning of the season, he showed some flashes that he might actually be getting it. Over the last 3 games, he's looked just as bad as he did last year. Admitting that a player isn't getting it done on the field is hardly flip-flopping.

Oh NO!!!!!

3 whole games!

The whole team has looked like piss the last 3 games.

Let's blame the QB, sounds like fun!

You know who the flip-floppers are. One week they think JP can do no wrong, next week they are throwing him under the bus.

JP has had moments that make me insane this year, he has also had moments where I thought wow, this kid can be good.

I'm willing to give him time, see what he's made of.

This will tell us a lot about his heart.

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
what's ******ed is the fact that you think people are blaming it all on the QB. No one is saying that this team is losing solely because of Losman. But if you look at the way Losman telegraphs his passes, the way he holds onto the ball too long, the way he doesn't protect the ball, the way he tries to force throws- it's clear that he's making way too many mistakes on his own. And he's regressing because he wasn't making these mistakes (or at least not as many of them) in the first few games. That's where all the concern is coming from.

No one is blaming JP for the loss all on his own, but some of us are starting to wonder if this guy is good enough to lead this team, and with good reason.

It's ok to wonder, I'm wondering myself.

To give up on him already is asinine.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
It's ok to wonder, I'm wondering myself.

To give up on him already is asinine.

yeah I still think we need to give him the rest of the season. It's not like we're going to make the playoffs at this point anyway so we have nothing to lose.

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah I still think we need to give him the rest of the season. It's not like we're going to make the playoffs at this point anyway so we have nothing to lose.

Exactly my point.

I've been reading your posts today, and I agree 100 percent with you.

It's other irrational people, I'm having trouble understanding.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think there's more than a select few people that aren't hoping the damn lightbulb will eventually come on for JP. Hell, I'd bet even those posters root for the guy when he's on the field.

I'm just getting damn tired of the roller coaster ride with him.

Is this kid ever going to 'get it'??

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't think there's more than a select few people that aren't hoping the damn lightbulb will eventually come on for JP. Hell, I'd bet even those posters root for the guy when he's on the field.

Is this kid ever going to 'get it'??

I don't know if he ever will.

It doesn't look like great odds at this point, but we have no choice but to hope.

I'm giving him the whole season.

He's been dealt a bad hand by this team, his surrounding cast (outside of Willis and Lee) is dreadful.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM

Dont bother taking off the seat belt.

Elminster
10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Some rollercoasters are longer than others, and I'm glad DJ has the confidence and sense to ride this one for 9 more games. But we certainly need to see some life out this TEAM. I can count the number of individuals who play with passion on one hand....and there're 53 guys on the roster. That just makes me sad...

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
It's the same bull**** excuses for the QB. It goes all the way back to Rob Johnson, then Drew Bledsoe, now JP. I'm sick and tired of it.

Bert102176
10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Risin great thread, I truely believe that JP can be an outstanding QB givin time and the right players around him plus the right coaching

Risin
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Risin great thread, I truely believe that JP can be an outstanding QB givin time and the right players around him plus the right coaching

I hope so.

In the meantime, he needs to start making plays even with the crap players around him.

If not, he won't be here when we finally get an oline.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
It's the same bull**** excuses for the QB. It goes all the way back to Rob Johnson, then Drew Bledsoe, now JP. I'm sick and tired of it.

there are a lot of excuses going around, but like it or not JP is the best QB we have at the moment. Think about it this way: we're not making the playoffs no matter who plays QB. If we give JP the rest of the year and he doesn't get any better, the argument will be over and he'll be gone. If he does get better, at least we'll know we have our QB. But benching him just prolongs this debate and sheds doubt as to whether or not we need a QB.

I don't want to go into the off-season with the FO thinking "We have JP on the bench so we don't really know if we need a QB or not." I want them to know beyond any doubt whether or not QB needs to be a priority.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 03:54 PM
oh and for the record, if Mularkey had let JP finish out the season last year this debate would be much closer to being over. This garbage was really worth that one win over Cincy :fit:

X-Era
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Welcome to the BillsZone short bus, would you like a helmet?

Smart fans know better, glad to see your on the right side of the IQ chart.

Risin
10-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the BillsZone short bus, would you like a helmet?

Smart fans know better, glad to see your on the right side of the IQ chart.

I'm far from a smart fan.

I'm just someone who has seen hall of fame QB's look like JP their first few seasons, and want to be sure we're not giving up on a good one too early.

Michael82
10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I do too. I just worry that the right coaching won't happen here. :ill:

X-Era
10-23-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm far from a smart fan.

I'm just someone who has seen hall of fame QB's look like JP their first few seasons, and want to be sure we're not giving up on a good one too early.

Thanks so much for this comment. I remember Carson Palmer looking like crap. Eli, even Jimbo. It goes on and on.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Carson Palmer and Eli are in the Hall of Fame? Wow...that was a helluva long nap...look how much I missed.

What year is it?

Risin
10-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks so much for this comment. I remember Carson Palmer looking like crap. Eli, even Jimbo. It goes on and on.

I'm thinking of Elway and Young for starters.

Risin
10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Youngs early stats: *first two seasons in USFL.

PASSING RUSHING
Year Team G GS Att. Cmp. Pct. Yds. TD Int. Avg. Rat. Att. Yds. Avg. TD 2pt. Pts.
1984 LA * 12 12 310 179 57.7 2361 10 9 7.62 80.6 79 515 6.5 7 3 48
1985 LA * 13 0 250 137 54.8 1741 6 13 6.96 63.1 56 368 6.6 2 0 12

1987 TB 5 5 138 72 52.2 935 3 8 6.78 56.9 40 233 5.8 1 0 6
1986 TB 14 14 363 195 53.7 2282 8 13 6.29 65.5 74 425 5.7 5 0 30