PDA

View Full Version : So Where are all the Leinart Lovers Now?

BidsJr
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM
One good game and you all were ready to fire Marv?

Passing Statistics
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A LNG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDS RAT
Matt Leinart 79 153 899 51.6 5.88 58 5 3.3 5 3.3 13 101 66.9

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
It's a "What have you done for me lately" world. :ill:

Ickybaluky
10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
I feel no less about Leinart than I did early in the season. He will be a good NFL player, despite his struggles the last couple weeks. Arizona is a very disfunctional franchise right now, but Leinarts long-term prognosis is still great. He will be a very good NFL QB, IMO.

Dozerdog
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Leinart has had 3 -4 games. I'm confident in his abilities based on nearly 40 college wins , 2 national championship games, and his accomplishments

If you are trying to justify JP as a better QB or an equal based on comparing him to leinart- you are soooooooo way off base.

JP stinks. Get used to it.

Mudflap1
10-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Leinart has had 3 -4 games. I'm confident in his abilities based on nearly 40 college wins , 2 national championship games, and his accomplishments

If you are trying to justify JP as a better QB or an equal based on comparing him to leinart- you are soooooooo way off base.

Well said. I'm pulling for J.P. to turn it around, but he hasn't shown it yet. I still believe Leinart will be a very good NFL quarterback.

Jon

Jan Reimers
10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Realistically, it's too early to tell with Leinart, just as it is with JP. But at least JP has the arm strength to throw into the winds of the Ralph, which I believe is one of the reasons we drafted him. I'm not sure Leinart has the requisite arm strength.

Just like there are QBs for systems, there are also QBs for stadiums/weather conditions. At least JP has a chance at the Ralph.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Leinart is a rookie. And yet even with his mistakes he has still shown more poise than JP who is in his 3rd year (regardless of his overall playing time he has still been in and around the NFL for 3 years)

Mudflap1
10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Realistically, it's too early to tell with Leinart, just as it is with JP. But at least JP has the arm strength to throw into the winds of the Ralph, which I believe is one of the reasons we drafted him. I'm not sure Leinart has the requisite arm strength.

Just like there are QBs for systems, there are also QBs for stadiums/weather conditions. At least JP has a chance at the Ralph.

You know, I don't like the "arm strength" argument. The great Jim Kelly had a total rag arm his last 3-4 seasons, and he got the job done quite well. It's not like Leinart's arm is jelly.

I think the better argument for why Leinart wouldn't have fit in Buffalo is because of the lifestyle. It's a blue-coller town which requires a certain kind of person (like a Jim Kelly) for the city to embrace. Leinart, while extremely talented, is more a Hollywood-type of guy. NYC would have suit him well, similar to Joe Namath, but not Buffalo.

That being said, I'm with Dozer, if I had to choose a guy, I'd choose Leinart, hands down.

Jon

Dozerdog
10-30-2006, 02:07 PM

I don't buy it. Tom Brady has proven you can play QB in crap weather and not have the cannon of an arm like a Bledsoe, Joe Ferguson, or JP Losman.

If anything- guys with arm strength that can defeat most weather have zero touch or finesse. Brett Favres are the rare exception

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I really dont care what Leinart does.. I understand our decision to go with JP this year, and if we would of taken Leinart this draft, we would have questions about JP still. What is happening now, is a needed process to determine which direction this franchise has to take.

Mudflap1
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't buy it. Tom Brady has proven you can play QB in crap weather and not have the cannon of an arm like a Bledsoe, Joe Ferguson, or JP Losman.

If anything- guys with arm strength that can defeat most weather have zero touch or finesse. Brett Favres are the rare exception

Brady's a great example.

Jon

Jan Reimers
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
You know, I don't like the "arm strength" argument. The great Jim Kelly had a total rag arm his last 3-4 seasons, and he got the job done quite well. It's not like Leinart's arm is jelly.

I think the better argument for why Leinart wouldn't have fit in Buffalo is because of the lifestyle. It's a blue-coller town which requires a certain kind of person (like a Jim Kelly) for the city to embrace. Leinart, while extremely talented, is more a Hollywood-type of guy. NYC would have suit him well, similar to Joe Namath, but not Buffalo.

That being said, I'm with Dozer, if I had to choose a guy, I'd choose Leinart, hands down.

Jon
Amazing. Once more, opinion trumps fact.

Mudflap1
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Amazing. Once more, opinion trumps fact.

What is your friggin' problem? I'm actually making an argument that while I think Leinart is the superior player, he may not have worked out in Buffalo because of his personality and the lifestyle, which supports yours and lot of people's arguments that Marv made the right choice not drafting him. Yet you are arguing with me?

What about your argument above that reads very much as if Losman is the more talented player than Leinart? How does that make any sense? You have a guy who transferred from UCLA because he couldn't start, was on a losing team at a low-ranking I-A school, and you have the most decorated college QB arguably ever who played in a pro-style offense with pro-caliber players and pro situations. How can you even put Losman and Leinart on an equal plane right now?

I'm all for Losman turning it around. Let me be clear: TURNING IT AROUND, which means PLAYING THE OPPOSITE OF BADLY.

It's time people stop defending this kid in every situation. Support, yes, but defend, no. Those are two different things. Losman needs to put the big boy pants on and start to play better. That doesn't mean the team is going to necessarily play better, but he has to start doing his part, which he hasn't done yet. And he needs to start leading by example.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM

Passing Statistics
They are busy licking Tony Romos balls.

Ickybaluky
10-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Brady's a great example.

Jon

It gets pretty windy in San Francisco, no?

Just saying, because I don't think Joe Montana or Steve Young had trouble being successful there, and neither of them had strong arms.

Arm strength is overrated. What good is it throwing the ball far if you can't put it where it is supposed to go?

I always remember the story about Kyle Boller, who wowed scouts at the combine with his arm by throwing the ball through the endzone from 65 yards away on his knees. There is a skill that has helped him.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM

They can't. And anyone who thinks that is a troll, not funny, unintelligent, etc.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:12 PM
What is your friggin' problem? I'm actually making an argument that while I think Leinart is the superior player, he may not have worked out in Buffalo because of his personality and the lifestyle, which supports yours and lot of people's arguments that Marv made the right choice not drafting him. Yet you are arguing with me?

What about your argument above that reads very much as if Losman is the more talented player than Leinart? How does that make any sense? You have a guy who transferred from UCLA because he couldn't start, was on a losing team at a low-ranking I-A school, and you have the most decorated college QB arguably ever who played in a pro-style offense with pro-caliber players and pro situations. How can you even put Losman and Leinart on an equal plane right now?

I'm all for Losman turning it around. Let me be clear: TURNING IT AROUND, which means PLAYING THE OPPOSITE OF BADLY.

It's time people stop defending this kid in every situation. Support, yes, but defend, no. Those are two different things. Losman needs to put the big boy pants on and start to play better. That doesn't mean the team is going to necessarily play better, but he has to start doing his part, which he hasn't done yet. And he needs to start leading by example.

Jon

If Jan doesn't agree with you, you're useless...inconsequential. You have no business being here. It's been that way since his very first post.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 03:12 PM
They can't. And anyone who thinks that is a troll, not funny, unintelligent, etc.
Its all about the way you present your opinion. Ask draz, lol.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM

Absolutely ridiculous post. Did Flutie have the arm strength? It was average at best. Yet he won. So JP having arms strength means nothing if he's just plain ****.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Its all about the way you present your opinion. Ask draz, lol.

like I care what a few JP lovers think. :shakeno:

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
like I care what a few JP lovers think. :shakeno:
I was just pointing out, its about how you present your opinion. Your opinion and draz's are the complete opposite, yet you both recieve harsh criticism.

BidsJr
10-30-2006, 04:22 PM

Nope not trying to justify JP one bit with this thread. Just wondering where all the Leinart fans went once he started playing like a rookie.

jmb1099
10-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Leinart is a rookie. And yet even with his mistakes he has still shown more poise than JP who is in his 3rd year (regardless of his overall playing time he has still been in and around the NFL for 3 years)
So what you're saying is when Leinart fumbles, gets sacked, or throws a pick he does it with more poise than Losman??? He has better form or follow through? Is his hair conditioned better? Did he pop a Mentos before throwing it directly to a defender?

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 07:22 PM
So what you're saying is when Leinart fumbles, gets sacked, or throws a pick he does it with more poise than Losman??? He has better form or follow through? Is his hair conditioned better? Did he pop a Mentos before throwing it directly to a defender?

Please let me know if there is a real question in there beyond the sarcastic rhetoric.

Nighthawk
10-30-2006, 07:24 PM

Passing Statistics

Maybe his numbers don't look pretty, but he seems to have "it" and looks like he will get better.

bluehaze
10-30-2006, 07:31 PM

Passing Statistics

Not really ready to fire Marv hell I could care less because I'm a Fins fan but I think Leinart proved he can accell under proper coaching. The problem would seem to me lies in the fact that Denny Green fired his OC after losing to the Bears by a FG and now is left to do the play calling and offensive coaching by himself which he is clearly not capable of. I think Denny Green is much more likely to get fired than Marv at this point!

jmb1099
10-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Please let me know if there is a real question in there beyond the sarcastic rhetoric.
Sorry, couldn't resist. It was meant in humor, no disrespect intended. We don't always agree, but I always respect your opinion. My bad and apologies.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist. It was meant in humor, no disrespect intended. We don't always agree, but I always respect your opinion. My bad and apologies.

No worries. :up:

After reading it again from a different perspective it was kinda funny actually.

BidsJr
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Maybe his numbers don't look pretty, but he seems to have "it" and looks like he will get better.

That is interesting.

When you could define it please let me know. Because I am willing to pay you millions to help me consult to NFL and College coaches on "it."

I really think we could corner the market on this since hardly anyone else in the field has figured this out.

Turf
10-30-2006, 09:10 PM
At least Leinart showed something in his comeback drive against the Bears after an excellent first half. When's the last time JP led a game winning drive in the fourth quarter? Ever? Even close? He's in his third year to boot. This was Leinart's 5th game.
Losman hasn't shown anything to hang your hat on. He's not even smart enough to scramble anymore.

X-Era
10-30-2006, 09:33 PM

Passing Statistics
They are scanning this weeks stats looking for this weeks guy that we should have somehow gotten.

Its easy to ride each weeks bandwagon, it take balls to stay with the "band" when the wheels break.

Goobylal
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Leinart may improve or he may not. He's look HORRIBLE the past 2 weeks, much worse than you'd want "the most NFL-ready QB to come out in awhile" to look, especially given his pedigree and receivers.