PDA

View Full Version : Coaches wearing suits

hammerbillsfan
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I kind of like a few of them wearing suits this weekend.

Respecting the coaches of the past in the NFL.

Makes them not look like they're going through a workout like Bill Belichick.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/472679a3-071f-456e-829a-e27a9390ebd0.jpghttp://images.sportsline.com/b/ap/photos/GIANTS_JAGUARS_FOOTBALL5105699_lower.jpg

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I definately think its classier. Its actually pretty funny to think about. We are sitting here discussing how its odd that a couple of coaches are wearing suits. When in reality, in most other major sports the coaches/managers wear suits. Basketball, Hockey & Soccer instantly come to mind.

gr8slayer
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I think it looks great and should be required.

OpIv37
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't see why coaches should have to wear suits. I think it looks out of place.

But anyway, it's never going to be a full-time thing. There's too much money to be made in merchandising these days.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2006, 10:42 PM
put Jauron in a suit and he'll look like he's ready to bury somebody.

OpIv37
11-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Put Jauron in a suit and he'll look like HE'S ready to be buried. He's got that bony Skeletor face and that pale skin.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't see why coaches should have to wear suits. I think it looks out of place.

But anyway, it's never going to be a full-time thing. There's too much money to be made in merchandising these days.

I think Nolan will keep doing it. Its a smart way to get noticed, and gain positive attention. Some of the most famous coaches to ever coach in the NFL, are remembered largely because of their attire.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Put Jauron in a suit and he'll look like HE'S ready to be buried. He's got that bony Skeletor face and that pale skin.

does "you rang?" ring a bell?

hammerbillsfan
11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
It does look way better, let the players wear the merchandise.

LtFinFan66
11-20-2006, 11:08 PM
How about cool ass sweater vest??:idunno:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/266639.jpg

OpIv37
11-20-2006, 11:12 PM

it's a good thing he coaches the football players, because otherwise they'd be giving him wedgies and swirlies.

Or paying him to do their homework.

LtFinFan66
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
:rofl:

dplus47
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM

Makes them not look like they're going through a dumpster like Bill Belichick.

nice post! i totally agree. i fixed a spelling error for you, though...

LtFinFan66
11-20-2006, 11:46 PM
:clap:

GFLuNEEDit
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM

Makes them not look like they're going through a workout like Bill Belichick.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/472679a3-071f-456e-829a-e27a9390ebd0.jpghttp://images.sportsline.com/b/ap/photos/GIANTS_JAGUARS_FOOTBALL5105699_lower.jpg

That makes about as much sense as a plumber working on a clogged drain in a suit.

And that's not a slam on plumbers. Their work is more important than any coach of a team .

The point is that I see it as equally rediculous.

Here is a person organizing a group of sweaty , smelly individual playing a game .

Some of the players they coach, can't spell their own last names.

Half of them have criminal records.

And these coaches are going to be wearing suits ?

Just picture one of these clowns wearing a suit like an executive and at the same time patting one of these smelly sweaty jocks on the ass as they come off the field .

(which is and always has been a homo act)

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2006, 12:03 AM
That makes about as much sense as a plumber working on a clogged drain in a suit.

And that's not a slam on plumbers. Their work is more important than any coach of a team .

Here is a person organizing a group of sweaty , smelly individual playing a game .

Just picture one of these clowns wearing a suit like an executive and at the same time patting one of these smelly sweaty jocks on the a** as they come off the field .

I bet you want Coach Nolan to come up and give you a pat on the ass. He probably wouldn't though, because his hand would be all smelly and sweaty afterwards, and he isn't gay.

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 12:08 AM

Just picture one of these clowns wearing a suit like an executive and at the same time patting one of these smelly sweaty jocks on the ass as they come off the field .

(which is and always has been a homo act)dumbest post ever!! EVER!!!

GFLuNEEDit
11-21-2006, 12:09 AM
dumbest post ever!! EVER!!!
wow brilliant reply

GFLuNEEDit
11-21-2006, 12:10 AM

If you were to go by his face alone you would think he was an embalmer.

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Compared to what I was replying too...yes it was

GFLuNEEDit
11-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Compared to what I was replying too...yes it was

No it was just that you had no real reply other than you took offense to me stating it as it.

All they are is playing a game. Hearing that offends to because you hold them in high esteem.

Or maybe the comment about the ass patting perssed a button.

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 12:20 AM
It was the homo comment about them patting on the butt. I mean that has been in sports for a long, long time and is probably second nature. I never played football or B-ball in school so never did it but it is a tradition almost I guess. Nothing homo about it unless the guy is in fact gay and cops a cheap feel:idunno:

GFLuNEEDit
11-21-2006, 12:22 AM
It was the homo comment about them patting on the butt. I mean that has been in sports for a long, long time and is probably second nature. I never played football or B-ball in school so never did it but it is a tradition almost I guess. Nothing homo about it unless the guy is in fact gay and cops a cheap feel:idunno:

Being there for a long time doesnt make it less homo.

LtFinFan66
suits had their era as far as that goes I guess. I guess it is like wearing throwback uni's

LtFinFan66
Being ther for a long time doesnt make it less homo.I suppose that may be true. Homophobic are we:idunno: :rofl:

SABURZFAN
11-21-2006, 06:23 AM

now that's cool. :up:

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 06:24 AM
now that's cool. :up:hell yeah!!

Historian
11-21-2006, 06:24 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Hank Stram used to wear a black suitcoat with the Kansas City Arrowhead embroidered on it.

I'll have to look that up.

Yep, I was right.

Super Bowl IV. Stram had on a black suitcoat with the Arrowhead on the pocket, and a red hankee, over a red vest.

Very tasteful.

LtFinFan66
11-21-2006, 06:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Hank Stram used to wear a black suitcoat with the Kansas City Arrowhead embroidered on it.

I'll have to look that up.Done sir!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/223456.jpg

The King
11-21-2006, 06:36 AM
How about Freezing weather and smoking hot days in Miami. That would suck wearing a suit.

unpaid_bills
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM

I think this is the first post ever that included a reference to a plumber.

unpaid_bills

I think this is the first post ever that included a reference to a plumber.

unpaid_bills

I think this is the first post ever that included a reference to a plumber. I

unpaid_bills
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM

I think this is the first post ever that included a reference to a plumber. I would like to seem them dump the gatorade on a coach wearing a suit. They made a comment during the game last night that coaches can only wear them for 2 games max -- WTF?

Saratoga Slim
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I think this is the first post ever that included a reference to a plumber. I would like to seem them dump the gatorade on a coach wearing a suit. They made a comment during the game last night that coaches can only wear them for 2 games max -- WTF?

...but Belicheck can wear that cut off burlap sack with the patriots logo whenever he wants. Interesting rule. You'd think the NFL would encourage professional attire. If it's all about merchandising contracts, Nike or Reebok or some sponsor should make a dress suit.

justasportsfan
11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
and smoking hot days in Miami. That would suck wearing a suit.I'll take the suit over men in thongs rollerblading down So. Beach :puke:

dplus47
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Being there for a long time doesnt make it less homo.

maybe i'm naive, but i always thought having and/or wanting teh gay sex made you a homo, not how you talk or act or whether you pat guys on the ass or hug them.

HAMMER
11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
...but Belicheck can wear that cut off burlap sack with the patriots logo whenever he wants. Interesting rule. You'd think the NFL would encourage professional attire. If it's all about merchandising contracts, Nike or Reebok or some sponsor should make a dress suit.

Nolan was wearing a suit made by Reebok I believe.

dplus47
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Nolan was wearing a suit made by Reebok I believe.

i'm surprised they didn't put a huge logo on it.

hammerbillsfan
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
http://dailynews.com/sports/ci_4697792

When Nolan became the 49ers coach a year ago, he planned to wear a jacket and tie during games as a tribute to his father, Dick Nolan, who coached the 49ers and Saints in the `60s and `70s, and Dan Reeves, his mentor.

But the NFL nixed the idea since Reebok didn't manufacture suits. In the off-season, the apparel company designed a suit for Nolan and also for Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio, who wore a gray suit with a black-and-teal tie Monday night.
The idea seems popular with fashionistas and football fans.

Michael82
11-21-2006, 01:12 PM
http://dailynews.com/sports/ci_4697792
I hope it happens more often. I would love to see Bill Belichick forced to wear the suit instead of the homeless outfit that he wears. :up:

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I hope it happens more often. I would love to see Bill Belichick forced to wear the suit instead of the homeless outfit that he wears. :up:

Billichick would probably wear a reebok headband with his suit.

Mr. Cynical
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Funniest Post of the Month.

Mr. Cynical
11-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I think it shouldn't be required but I do think it looks alot better than some stanky looking sweatshirt. IMO, the sport would get a boost from coaches wearing suits. It's gotten so muddy with drug scandals, sex scandals, me-me-me players, etc. that coaches wearing suits would have a positive image effect....albeit an admittedly small one.

hammerbillsfan
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Nolan wore his suit again vs the Cardinals in the opener. Very classy! :up: