PDA

View Full Version : OL is no longer priority #1

patmoran2006
12-04-2006, 07:14 AM
I used to think priority one was the OL.. I was wrong.. Its clearly becoming the DL.

Both need help, but the OL is at least playing average since the bye.. the DL is totally falling APART.

I think Schobel and Tripplett are back as starters next year, but we CLEARLY need a new starting DT and DE.

K Williams is a player, but I dont think he's a first and second down starter.. He's a good rotational player and so will be McCargo (though a first rounder was too high).. THey need a run stuffer to start next to Tripplett.

and an upgrade over Kelsay is a necessity too.

Unless you want to keep seeing teams pound away on the ground. our Run D is getting more embarassing each week.

and Ko Simpson does have a knack for being around the ball, but he's a lousy open field tackler to this point.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 07:19 AM
I disagree Pat.

Kelsay/Denney are doing OK. They get pressure.

The middle of the O-line still needs help. I am not sold on Preston and Gandy is very possibly gone (who replaces him on the current roster?). RT is still a question, although Pennington clearly has ability.

I would like to see one more DT (depending on McCargo). But even when it comes to Williams, it often takes a DT a few years to develop.

I would also perhaps place a receiving threat at TE higher on the priority list, as well as re-signing Nate.

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 07:26 AM
I think with the OL depth this year we can still pick up a player in R3 like Doug Free or Mike Otto who could add depth and become a player.

Simpson will get better but a decent cover man for him and Whitner in the shape of Eric Weddle (R4) would not be wrong

On the defence, I think Hargrove, Denney and Kelsay can continue to be passable. In the middle is where the problem lies. Apart the juniors Branch, Okam and Bryant the DTs are all light 300lbs or less so no bigger than what we have. The exceptions are guys like Okoye but he is really raw. A guy like Conrad Bolston (R3) from Maryland could be ok and a massive wildcard could be Dorian DeRosia (R6) from Saginaw Valley St.

I still think we need to look at LB with the potential of Fletcher leaving and TKO an injury away from retirement. Both Posluzny and Willis will like be available toward the bottom of round 1. I would also like to see a pick on Greg Olsen (R2) if he declares.

don137
12-04-2006, 07:37 AM
I also think the Bills need to look long and hard at RB. Between McGahee's dancing and inability to pick up the blitz this position needs to be addressed. I agree they need to adjust run defense but they also need to make at least one day one pick on OL.

onceproudbillsfan
12-04-2006, 07:44 AM
We need to get back to those days of having two big run stuffers in the middle. Our defense was one of the best when we had big Ted Washington and Fat Pat Williams, and nobody can forget how good we were when we had Fat Pat and Sam Adams lining up together. Its good to have speed on the ends but not up the middle. You need guys that can draw double team blocking.

Elminster
12-04-2006, 07:59 AM
You don't need two piles of flesh in the middle to stop the run. Last I checked, the Bears were pretty good at it, and their heaviest DT is 318...and he's not even the starter. The starters weigh in at 300 each. We simply need to get stronger not fatter, and that DOES entail adding a little weight for more muscle mass. But yeah....I'd agree that something needs to be changed on the DL though. They surrendered nearly 200 yards on the ground, and that's just unacceptable if we want to become a good football team.

As for runningback....I'm beginning to believe it. McGahee doesn't have a future here, of that I'm certain, unless something suddenly changes. Look for us to pick a back this year to groom as his replacement...

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 08:02 AM
I used to think priority one was the OL.. I was wrong.. Its clearly becoming the DL.

Both need help, but the OL is at least playing average since the bye.. the DL is totally falling APART.

I think Schobel and Tripplett are back as starters next year, but we CLEARLY need a new starting DT and DE.

K Williams is a player, but I dont think he's a first and second down starter.. He's a good rotational player and so will be McCargo (though a first rounder was too high).. THey need a run stuffer to start next to Tripplett.

Unless you want to keep seeing teams pound away on the ground. our Run D is getting more embarassing each week.

and Ko Simpson does have a knack for being around the ball, but he's a lousy open field tackler to this point.

Great post and couldn't agree more.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
I also think the Bills need to look long and hard at RB. Between McGahee's dancing and inability to pick up the blitz this position needs to be addressed. I agree they need to adjust run defense but they also need to make at least one day one pick on OL.

Yep, it's time to trade McGahee. I've seen enough. I think it's hilarious how much time has been spent on JP this year when we have a RB that has managed just (1) 100 yard game this year. JP's numbers are at least improving while McGahee's are getting worse. I doubt he breaks 1000 yards which is pathetic for an NFL RB.

TigerJ
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
I agree that offensive line is not a top priority. I don't think Buffalo's ends are as much of a problem as the interior of the line. Depth at linebacker is an issue too. I'm starting to wonder how many really good one gap DTs there actually are. That could be a problem.

mysticsoto
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Yep, it's time to trade McGahee. I've seen enough. I think it's hilarious how much time has been spent on JP this year when we have a RB that has managed just (1) 100 yard game this year. JP's numbers are at least improving while McGahee's are getting worse. I doubt he breaks 1000 yards which is pathetic for an NFL RB.

Yes, but how much of that is due to our inept Oline for the 1st half of the season? It may be improved now, but let's not forget how it was a few weeks back. Or how about the fact that D's are playing 10 men in the box to ensure they stop our main weapon? McGahee isn't performing in a vacuum...there are other things to look at and understand why they are the way they are...

casdhf
12-04-2006, 08:31 AM
The OL finally seems to be set, we have had alot of injuries and moving guys around there .. now that they put a few games in a row together, we may actually get to see what we have.

Inetpub
12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
When our D starts the Offense at the San Diego 19 and 13 I'm going to think we are doing fine there. Especially when 2 of our wins can EASILY be credited to the Defense.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 08:41 AM
The more threads like this that I see, the more I think that this team is still 2 seasons from a playoff run

fasteddie
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Watching Schobel getting pushed around like a rag doll is gettting mighty old. He has about 2 good games a year with the pass rush, but his run defense is atrocious. He is not made for this defense, because he is not strong enough at the point of attack. When he is the offside defender, he is never in position for a naked bootleg, or a reverse. Why the Bills brain trust decided to extend his contract is beyond me.

Scumbag College
12-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Sitting in the stands yesterday, I was really pleased with the Bills pass protection, especially at the tackles. I think Peters is our first real LT here in years, and although Pennington started out slow, I think he's really improved the last two weeks and I am really interested in how he finishes and if he improves the rest of the year. The problem I had yesterday with the OLine was the middle. I think Fowler has played OK this year, but Willis had absolutely nowhere to run when he ran inside yesterday. Preston is OK as a backup C or G, but I don't think he is the answer as a starter. I wouldn't mind the Bills getting a run blocking monster guard in the second round. Also, PP is really not the answer as a #2 receiver, although I liked what Reed brought to the table his first game back and Parrish has had his moments.

On Defense, the line had their moments, but was way too inconsistent. Playing the cover 2, I don't know if getting a giant nose tackle type that can take on a C/G or G/t double team is in that system, but it is something to be considered.

Depending on what happens in free agency, I think at this point the Bills first priorities are DT and a #2 receiver to start opposite Evans. A close second would be a run blocking, mauler of a OG.

Jeff1220
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Preston is OK as a backup C or G, but I don't think he is the answer as a starter. I wouldn't mind the Bills getting a run blocking monster guard in the second round.
Depending on what happens in free agency, I think at this point the Bills first priorities are DT and a #2 receiver to start opposite Evans. A close second would be a run blocking, mauler of a OG.

Right here - FA after this season, I believe:
# 65 Eric Steinbach
Cincinnati Bengals
Position: G
Height: 6-6
Weight: 290
Born: 04/04/1980
College: Iowa
NFL Experience: 4
http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/396092.jpg

...and he's a durable player too:
Year Team G GS
2003 Cincinnati Bengals 15 15
2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 15
2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16
2006 Cincinnati Bengals 12 12
TOTAL 59 58

Kerr
12-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Has tripplett even done that well vs the run? I mean indianopolis had him as a backup his last seasons over there. Now there's no way you could have tripplett as a backup after paying him that money to come here. We'll just need a real large man to pair up with Tripplett whether through FA or the draft. Get rid of Anderson and leave Williams and McCargo as backups.

patmoran2006
12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I disagree Pat.

Kelsay/Denney are doing OK. They get pressure.

The middle of the O-line still needs help. I am not sold on Preston and Gandy is very possibly gone (who replaces him on the current roster?). RT is still a question, although Pennington clearly has ability.

I would like to see one more DT (depending on McCargo). But even when it comes to Williams, it often takes a DT a few years to develop.

I would also perhaps place a receiving threat at TE higher on the priority list, as well as re-signing Nate.

"OK" is not good enough... If we dont need a new starting DT and DE, then someone tell me what do we need to make our run defense not be awful?

mysticsoto
12-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Has tripplett even done that well vs the run? I mean indianopolis had him as a backup his last seasons over there. Now there's no way you could have tripplett as a backup after paying him that money to come here. We'll just need a real large man to pair up with Tripplett whether through FA or the draft. Get rid of Anderson and leave Williams and McCargo as backups.

I'll agree with this. Let's allow time for Williams and McCargo to hopefully develop and get a big guy there to help stop the run.

DT is probably the #1 position to fill. It would be nice if we could get a tall, speedy receiver next to Evans...but I'm starting to think that we might need to supplement our LB corps with TKO not returning 100% and the possibility and maybe likelihood of losing Fletcher. Ellison was a good, speedy pickup, but given that our Dline is pretty porous means we have to ensure that our LBs are speedy and good tacklers! A top Guard maybe in the 3rd rd will probably be needed also. Of course, all this depends on FA signings, but those are probably our top needs regardless. Signing Clements and extending McGahee will ensure that we can focus on these 3 holes we will have and perhaps ensure that we are a better team next year!

eyedog
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
They also need some linebackers on this team. TKO is not the same, Fletcher is nothing more than average, Crowell is decent, Ellison is undersized, and they have absolutely no depth at all.
And what about Whitner. he's been a disappointment in my eyes. I expected much more. His play has been ordinary/average at best.
I'll say it again, you don't take a safety with the 8th pick in the draft.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
"OK" is not good enough... If we dont need a new starting DT and DE, then someone tell me what do we need to make our run defense not be awful?

Give Williams a chance to develop and see what McCargo can do?

LT has ran for 170+ yards on many teams. The Bills had less than 70 ruching yards yesterday. Is that good enough for you?

Akhippo
12-04-2006, 11:30 AM
We've been run on by every team this year.
A filler of a DT is priority. We have four DL that spin and run themselves out of the play. Thats opens alot of holes.
A big, stout MLB. Fletcher is good and the heart of the D, but an upgrade is needed to become good.
A big mauler guard. The pass protection has actually been pretty good. However, to win you need to run and that isnt happening.

I like the receivers. If utilized correctly, like in NE, they are good. I cant believe I actually like when Josh Reed is in the game. Price has actually come through when asked, but a #2 with size wouldnt be bad.

Drafting today
1. Linebacker
2. DT
3. OL
4. Running back

kernowboy
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Here we go

R1 - trade down for Posluzny or Willis at LB
R2 - Greg Olsen TE and cut Everett
R3 (ours) Justin Harrell DT (if recovered from bicep injur)
R3 (xtra) Doug Free OT (back up for Peters)
R4 - Eric Weddle - depth at CB and S
R5 - TRADED
R6 - Clifton Dawson RB; 5ft10, 198 lbs support for A Train on 3rd downs
R7 - Damion DeRosia NT 6ft5, 320lbs, Saginaw Valley St

In a ideal world I would like to trade McGahee to the Jaguars for a No2 in 2008 and Elvis Wilford WR.

Olsen and Wilford give us two new receivers over 6ft4, Harrell and DeRosia offer size in the middle. Posluzny or Willis give us cover for the FB or TKO decision, Free gives us a true LT cover if Peters gets injured or needs to move to the right, Weddle gives us top safety cover and has shut down Calvin Johnson whilst playing at CB, A-Train can carry the load for a season and there is a lot of exciting RBs in 2008

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
OL is still priority numero uno. Our suspect OL was exposed against a good defense versus San Diego. We need more help in the interior and a solid RT would help even more.

I'm surprised at some of these drafts, you would think Tom Donahoe is our GM again.

onceproudbillsfan
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
You don't need two piles of flesh in the middle to stop the run. Last I checked, the Bears were pretty good at it, and their heaviest DT is 318...and he's not even the starter. The starters weigh in at 300 each. We simply need to get stronger not fatter, and that DOES entail adding a little weight for more muscle mass. But yeah....I'd agree that something needs to be changed on the DL though. They surrendered nearly 200 yards on the ground, and that's just unacceptable if we want to become a good football team.

As for runningback....I'm beginning to believe it. McGahee doesn't have a future here, of that I'm certain, unless something suddenly changes. Look for us to pick a back this year to groom as his replacement...

I live in Northwest Indiana so you dont have to tell me who the Bears have on their team. I guarantee you that their D-line outweights our D-line. Tommy Harris is probably one of the best if not the best defensive tackles in the game. It is a proven fact here in Buffalo when you had the big guys in the middle that we were at the top in run defense in the league.

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
But that ws with a different defensive system. This defense is not condusive for big fat DT's/

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 12:32 AM
But that ws with a different defensive system. This defense is not condusive for big fat DT's/

A big strong DT would work as well! :up: Alan Branch anyone??

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 02:04 AM
A big strong DT would work as well! :up: Alan Branch anyone??

I think Justin Harrell could do just as well and may be a better fit

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 02:08 AM
I think Justin Harrell could do just as well and may be a better fit
I respectfully disagree kerno. While I'm not saying Harrell is going to be a bad player, I'm saying that Alan Branch is going to be an ABSOLUTE BEAST! Imagine him lining up next to McCargo. Holy SHMMMOKES! He is possibly the only player I would take over Jake Long or Leon Hall, he is going to be THAT good.

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 02:28 AM
He could be another Gerald Warren or Albert Haynesworth though - good but a better player in college. Plus can he play the Tampa2?

ublinkwescore
12-05-2006, 03:13 AM
I disagree too. We need to draft for competition to keep this unit as strong as possible - though when draft day comes, I think I'd probably go after the best DT available in Marv's eyes with pick #1 - hopefully we can trade down from #10 or where ever we draft at (I know we won't be drafting #8 this year) to around #20-25 to pick up that DT stud (or maybe we bring in big name free agent that Marv really likes and still go DT stud in the draft - then OL the rest of the way), and then get that guard help/competition/depth (whatever he turns out to be).

That's what I would do. I don't care how decrepit our skill position players become - Skill position players don't make a difference - the men in the trenches do because they elevate the skill position players' games. And they're a dime a dozen.

ublinkwescore
12-05-2006, 03:18 AM
I really don't see why we can't make some kind of adjustment at DT (going for bigger slightly slower guys - who can still get into the backfield at will) while still playing cover two in the rest of the D.

mchurchfie
12-05-2006, 03:20 AM

I disagree. We should draft OL for the next 4 years just to make up for the last 15 year of neglect and underestimation that has been bestowed upon it. I agree that we we definitely need some more ass on the DL, but enough is enough with this OL experimentation. Everything and all resources possible that are available to make it better should be used. Screw all of these third string journeymen free agents and later round drat choices that we keep bringing in to save the day. We need to get a much greater sense of urgency into making this OL halfway competent. I'm really getting tired of seeing it get *****slapped around all of the time.:ill:

oak tree 12
12-05-2006, 08:39 AM

couldn't disagree more. did you see the chargers game our o/lin got mauled, we need 2 big mauler type guards.
in regards to mccargo,i cant see how you can make that statement,he was very highly rated and would have gone to the nyg in the first round if we hadn't leapfrogged them,the jury is still out @ the very least!!!!!!
i do agree we need 1 big d/lineman.
ko simpson is going to be fine,lt makes alot of players look bad.
i do think we need another impact linebacker unfortunately i think spikes is not the same player,i hope i'am wrong and next year he looks better,but he's a shell of his old self now.

Elminster
12-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I live in Northwest Indiana so you dont have to tell me who the Bears have on their team. I guarantee you that their D-line outweights our D-line. Tommy Harris is probably one of the best if not the best defensive tackles in the game. It is a proven fact here in Buffalo when you had the big guys in the middle that we were at the top in run defense in the league.
Why are you arguing with me...and what are you trying to say? Don't you understand we're running the same system as the Bears? So we want DTs like their's? I understand they're not the best run-stoppers, but they're pretty damned good at it, and I was illustrating how you don't NEED two 340+ lb. DTs in the middle of your line to get the job done on the ground. The whole point is that the Bears do a fine job without a Pat Williams type(and I'd take him back in an instant ...because he could get upfield too!) My point is...we need to get stronger, not fatter...

HHURRICANE
12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Why does everyone around here make everything so difficult?

1) A starting RG and LG should be the number one priority.

2) A starting DT or two to replace the failed Anderson/Jefferson experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) If we are not moving Hargrove than a starting DE to replace the failed Denney/Kelsay experiment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) LB's to replace Spikes and or add depth which we obviously don't have.

After that's accomplished through FA and draft than maybe we can look at skill positions. PERIOD.

5) RB if we use McGahee as trade bait or draft in the lower rounds (5,6,7).

6) WR, BIG, BIG, BIG SIZE!!!!! No more speedy midgets!!!

TE should be at the very bottom!! Way bigger holes to fill and I'm sick and tired of wasting a pick on a TE. A big WR could fill the gap and make this even less of a priority. Royal will be here next year and has played well. If Cieslak keeps playing well than we should be able to pick up a #3 if Everett doesn't learn how to read over the summer.

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't think we have talent on OL to be DOMINANT. We porbably have enough to be average but not good enough to take on dominant defenses like the bears.

If you want JP and the running game to be consistent, give them a consistently dominant OL. Marv put priority on the D in his first year. It's tiime he builds the offense next year. Just grab one DT and resign Clements.

Hurricane, I disagree with replacing Spikes now and DE is not our biggest need. DT is on D.

mysticsoto
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't think we have talent on OL to be DOMINANT. We porbably have enough to be average but not good enough to take on dominant defenses like the bears.

If you want JP and the running game to be consistent, give them a consistently dominant OL. Marv put priority on the D in his first year. It's tiime he builds the offense next year. Just grab one DT and resign Clements.

Hurricane, I disagree with replacing Spikes now and DE is not our biggest need. DT is on D.

Agreed on most pts, but don't underestimate the need for LBs. For all we know, TKO may never return 100% - like what happened to Sam Cowart. Fletcher may not be here next year also, or may demand too much money for his age...despite his great level of play. We need a dominating ILB to tackle where our DTs fail.

I want our OL to be dominant also, but if we plug up the RG hole, it may be "good enough" for now. Right now, the gaping hole in our Run-D is bigger than at any other part of our team!!!

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2006, 11:05 AM
This is honestly a joke of a thread. If you don't think our OL needs to be upgraded still, you aren't watching the same football that I am.

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Why does everyone around here make everything so difficult?

1) A starting RG and LG should be the number one priority.

2) A starting DT or two to replace the failed Anderson/Jefferson experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) If we are not moving Hargrove than a starting DE to replace the failed Denney/Kelsay experiment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) LB's to replace Spikes and or add depth which we obviously don't have.

After that's accomplished through FA and draft than maybe we can look at skill positions. PERIOD.

5) RB if we use McGahee as trade bait or draft in the lower rounds (5,6,7).

6) WR, BIG, BIG, BIG SIZE!!!!! No more speedy midgets!!!

TE should be at the very bottom!! Way bigger holes to fill and I'm sick and tired of wasting a pick on a TE. A big WR could fill the gap and make this even less of a priority. Royal will be here next year and has played well. If Cieslak keeps playing well than we should be able to pick up a #3 if Everett doesn't learn how to read over the summer.

Okay HHuricane

1) At guard, Steinbach will cost a fortune - maybe too much - so I say grab Vince Manuwai from the Jags who is young and has upside. David Diehl would be my next choice. We could probably get both for the same price. I also think a longer look at Aaron Merz has merit. Once out of the playoffs, if Gandy isn't going to re-sign we bench him and give Merz 2 or 3 games.
2) Looking at the lists the best prospects appear to be Ian Scott NT with the Bears and Rien Long of the Titans at present. There is also not a lot of size in the draft. Unless we go for Alan Branch the biggest senior is Justin Harrell of Tennesse at 6ft4 300lbs. A small school prospect could be Damion DeRosia NT at 6ft5 320lbs
3) Possible DEs depending on the FA lists include Charles Grant (Saints), Justin Smith (Bengals) and Pat Kerney (Falcons) - for me we break the bank to get Patrick
4) Again there are very few standouts here. I think this should be the R1 focus for the draft as we could trade down, get an extra day one pick and still come away with Posluzny or Pat Willis both of who can play in or out
5) We trade McGahee for a R2 in 2008. The RB depth here is great and the extra pick will allow us to manouvre in that draft. Look at the free agency I think we could do a deal and get our big WR as well. A-Train can carry the load but Clifton Dawson from Harvard can spell him if we grab him in the 6th. At 5ft10 and about 200lbs he's big enough for a few carries
6) If we trade McGahee to the Jags I want then to throw in Ernest Wilford as part of the deal. He's an RFA, but 6ft4 223lbs, has a decent record as a 3rd receiver and would relish the chance to step up.

IMHO I disagree about TE. One of our biggest mistakes was not taking Jason Witten in 2003. Every great team has a very good TE but Royal is average at best. If Greg Olsen falls to us in the 2nd it would be insane not to take him.

I would also want to get a OL who can play LT on Day1. Guys like Doug Free are dropping and if they fall to the third I would hope we would use the extra pick from the R1 trade down to grab him. If Peters got injured the season would be over. The Pats did well in 2005 cos when Light went down Kaczur came in. I also think Butler will put on sufficient weight and step up

In my dreams I would like a FA of Patrick Kerney, Ernest Wilford, Vince Manuwai and/or David Diehl plus shipping out Holcomb and getting Patrick Ramsay as a backup QB - better than Nall followed by a draft that might look like this

R1 Posluszny I/OLB (after trade down)
R2 Olsen TE
R3a Harrell NT
R3b Free LT (extra pick)
R4 Eric Weddle DB (both SS and CB cover)
R5 to Rams for Hargrove
R6 Dawson RB
R7 DeRosia NT

We will look like this then

QB Losman .............. RE Schobel
WR Evans .................DT Triplett/McCargo
WR Wilford .............. NT HARRELL/Williams
TE OLSEN.................. LE Kerney
LT Peters ..................SLB Crowell
LG Merz ....................MLB POSLUZNY or WILLIS
C Fowler ...................WLB Ellison
RG Manuwai/Diehl........RCB Clements
RT Butler?..................LCB McGee
RB A-Train..................FS Simpson
TE Royal.....................SS Whitner

justasportsfan
12-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Agreed on most pts, but don't underestimate the need for LBs. For all we know, TKO may never return 100% - like what happened to Sam Cowart. Fletcher may not be here next year also, or may demand too much money for his age...despite his great level of play. We need a dominating ILB to tackle where our DTs fail.

I want our OL to be dominant also, but if we plug up the RG hole, it may be "good enough" for now. Right now, the gaping hole in our Run-D is bigger than at any other part of our team!!!
I don't think Fletcher is going anywhere. At his age, he won't be asking for much and he is flourishing in the new system. I think he will be taking that into account. As for our lb's , yes Spikes may or may not be back to full form but that doesn't not make that a top priority. Yes, there's Cowart and there's Peterson. A dominant DL will make our lb's and DB's look better just like a dominant OL with make the qb, TE and wr look better.

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately he has Rosenhaus the devil as his agent. Whilst he is a good player he is in the twilight of his career, and paying big money for ageing vets has not worked for us

Akhippo
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
This line needs interior lineman. They dont get drafted that high usually so the bulk fall in the rounds. The Tamps 2 was good because of Sapp, Rice, Brooks and Lynch. We may have a Rice and Lynch, but we def. need a Sapp and Brooks.

Without being a draft expert and knowing everyone coming out and where. LB, DT, and G should be the first three picks however the order.
Resign Nate.

kernowboy
12-05-2006, 12:02 PM
This line needs interior lineman. They dont get drafted that high usually so the bulk fall in the rounds. The Tamps 2 was good because of Sapp, Rice, Brooks and Lynch. We may have a Rice and Lynch, but we def. need a Sapp and Brooks.

Without being a draft expert and knowing everyone coming out and where. LB, DT, and G should be the first three picks however the order.
Resign Nate.

Not even considering Steinbach, both Vince Manuwai and David Diehl would be great FA pickups. My favourite DT is Justin Harrell. He played for Tennessee despite a torn bicep, is big enough at over 300lbs and has a rep at stopping the run. In R1 the LBs are slipping so we could trade down and get an extra Day1 pick. I still think we can't pass on a top TE if they are there in R2. R3 goes on Harrell (fingers crossed) and the extra pick on one of the OTs who are bound to fall if only to get cover if something happens to Peters

Bmax
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
I have posted this before...Pick up a vet DT for Anderson... Say Robaire Smith or Hollis Thomas...Thomas is having a good year with the saints ...Heis older so his contract should not be that high...if he doesn't re sign with the saints...

If not Branch is likely gone by the time we pick .. Right now he is a top 10 piick with teams ahead of us craving a dt .. Redskins, browns.....Buccaners....

Wait to rd two or take Okam texas...

Here goes .....

1.Okam- or Blaylock Rg--Texas....Hey forget about williams this kid can play...

2. Siler Florida-MLB-6-2-235 and has speed needs to bulk up a little..Grubbs- auburn G.....

3.Sears-TennOG-could be rd 2 pick......Harrell-DT or Jackson DT arkansas-short tough fire plug dt.....

4.Kenny scott-ga tech...Talley Duke.. could go higher say rd 2 or 3 for talley...

It all depends what we do with free agency....I expect the bills to find some pieces there then add with the draft ..No big earth shaking signings ...(Ie Freeney-Briggs)...

Bmax