PDA

View Full Version : If they don't get going on a stadium for downtown...

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 11:51 AM
How about one in Amherst that the Bills can share with UB?

Jan Reimers
12-19-2006, 11:55 AM
The Bills and the Bulls. Why not?

kernowboy
12-19-2006, 12:28 PM
The Bills and the Bulls. Why not?

Is there space where the old Memorial Auditorium? Real Estate costs are a punitive charge on any stadium.

Can we persuade the city to stump up the cost? It is quite possible to build a $400m stadium with a sliding roof.

$100m of this can be recouped in naming rights. If the city can get commitment to use the stadium for a superbowl and a college bowl game, that again eats into the debt.

With the stable revenue from ticket sales, the loan for the stadium can be secured against ticket revenues rather than taxes.

With a sliding roof, you can use the stadium for ice hockey playoffs, exhibtions, trade fairs, concerts etc. All chargeable, all eating into the debt.

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Not a crazy Idea. It would be great to get the UB football program really going!!!

Amherst has tons of things around that would build up the area.

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 12:33 PM
The state paid for a dome for Syracuse, and Syracuse is a cow town.

DMBcrew36
12-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Personally, I think it needs to be downtown. Sorry for lack of explanation but I'm sure you know most of the reasons why.

Saratoga Slim
12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
The state paid for a dome for Syracuse, and Syracuse is a cow town.

grrrrr

The_Philster
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Is there space where the old Memorial Auditorium? Real Estate costs are a punitive charge on any stadium.

Can we persuade the city to stump up the cost? It is quite possible to build a $400m stadium with a sliding roof.

$100m of this can be recouped in naming rights. If the city can get commitment to use the stadium for a superbowl and a college bowl game, that again eats into the debt.

With the stable revenue from ticket sales, the loan for the stadium can be secured against ticket revenues rather than taxes.

With a sliding roof, you can use the stadium for ice hockey playoffs, exhibtions, trade fairs, concerts etc. All chargeable, all eating into the debt.
Trying to put one right there would be a nightmare....They'd have to knock down a lot of buildings to fit a football stadium in there...south of the Arena is the best place, IMO....but let's face it...it will be a long time before a new stadium comes in

BlackMetalNinja
12-19-2006, 03:08 PM
The thing that keeps making me laugh in all these "new stadium" threads is that you all want stadiums with closed roof capabilities, yet you expect them to be left open for cold weather Bills games...

Of course I love our cold weather advantage and such, but I can't possibly see the NFL saying, ok, leave the roof open since it's 25 degrees and snowing today!

The_Philster
12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
The thing that keeps making me laugh in all these "new stadium" threads is that you all want stadiums with closed roof capabilities, yet you expect them to be left open for cold weather Bills games...

Of course I love our cold weather advantage and such, but I can't possibly see the NFL saying, ok, leave the roof open since it's 25 degrees and snowing today!
Yeah....truth be told, I think if we had a retractable roof stadium, I think the NFL would step in and be the ones to say when it's closed or not

Historian
12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Put them back on Jefferson and Best!

:up:

G. Host
12-19-2006, 03:15 PM

Dallas gerts to decide when to leave the "root" (sunlight) open and closed; it is a team decision.

Bill Brasky
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
All wrong.

Best bet for keeping the team in Buffalo is building a new 200,000 seat stadium in Tulsa, and then building a high-speed rail to the stadium from Downtown Buffalo

The_Philster
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
All wrong.

Best bet for keeping the team in Buffalo is building a new 200,000 seat stadium in Tulsa, and then building a high-speed rail to the stadium from Downtown Buffalo
:roflmao:

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I will have no problems with a dome. I am sick of freezing my balls off!

Bill Brasky
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Dallas gerts to decide when to leave the "root" (sunlight) open and closed; it is a team decision.

Probably cuz they are America's team

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
and because it never is negative 25 degrees there.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking a stadium near six flags would be more in the center of the fan base... Depew should be the furthest west they should go.

Devin
12-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Doesnt matter we cant fill the one we have.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Did I mention that it should have a seating capacity along the lines of the 65,000 NFL average stadium?

Hell... We had the 4th highest attendance in the league last week.

Nighthawk
12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Did I mention that it should have a seating capacity along the lines of the 65,000 NFL average stadium?

Hell... We had the 4th highest attendance in the league last week.

Exactly! We don't need a 70,000 seat+ stadium...nobody else builds them that big! If we get a stadium it probably will be between 63,000-65,000 seats.

Billzz
12-19-2006, 08:01 PM
College fills 80-100k. Basically College football is a better product then the NFL then?

Typ0
12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd like to see it go up in my back yard so I can make some money off it.

Typ0
12-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Exactly! We don't need a 70,000 seat+ stadium...nobody else builds them that big! If we get a stadium it probably will be between 63,000-65,000 seats.

now figure in the discrepancy between the ticket prices and you will know which teams are bringing in more at the gate. Plus, we don't have the corporate base to fill the suites here.

SABURZFAN
12-19-2006, 11:51 PM
All wrong.

yeah...since Tulsa is so great,we'll have them fund that too.

great idea,jfreeman. :up:

Tiburon1724
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Buffalo will never, ever, ever, ever get a Super Bowl, period. So don't even mention that in the equation. I know Detroit got one and Jax, but Detroit had GM influencing the league and has 5x the population and Buffalo doesn't have enough hotel rooms among other things :(

kernowboy
12-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Buffalo will never, ever, ever, ever get a Super Bowl, period. So don't even mention that in the equation. I know Detroit got one and Jax, but Detroit had GM influencing the league and has 5x the population and Buffalo doesn't have enough hotel rooms among other things :(

and Jax?

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2006, 06:08 AM
College fills 80-100k. Basically College football is a better product then the NFL then?1) Ticket prices are far less.
2) Clleges have a huge student body to draw from and the games are usually right on campus.

YardRat
12-20-2006, 06:13 AM
I don't see anyone paying 100mil for the naming rights for a football stadium in Buffalo.

jamze132
12-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Buffalo doesn't have the infrastructure, parking, hotels, space, or enough drugs to support a Super Bowl.

Tiburon1724
12-20-2006, 09:07 AM
and Jax?

Jacksonville was a huge mistake and they won't see another Super Bowl again. They literally had to build temporary bars and other "entertainment venues" since the city is a hole with nothing to do. Parking at the stadium and navigating around it is terrible even during a regular season game - I can't imagine what it was like for the Super Bowl.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I concurr. There is a 0% chance Buffalo would ever get a superbowl. We don't have the infrastructure to handle it.

Statman
12-20-2006, 09:39 AM
or one that we can also use for flag football during the week.