PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pat, Chris Brown has you beat

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 01:41 PM
From his Bills Blog:

FINAL NOTE: Initially when I put this together I didn't think the Bills could control their own destiny in Week 17, so I figured that Cincinnati beating Denver would be best to keep both Wild Card spots open until the final week, but after looking at it more it appears that Denver beating Cincinnati is better for Buffalo even though you're pretty much giving Denver one of the Wild Card spots.

Here's why. If the Jets, Bengals and Jaguars all lose and Buffalo beats Tennessee, all four teams are even at 8-7. Buffalo would have the tiebreaker on all of those teams (Jets - conf. record), (Bengals - strong chance on strength of victory), (Jaguars - head-to-head). They also have the edge on Kansas City (conference record) who can finish no better than 9-7.

Buffalo could control their own destiny for the final Wild Card spot!!! Unbelievable!
WORST SCENARIO: The worst case scenario this weekend is if the Jets and Broncos both win. If that happens we can't catch Denver or Jets even if all three teams finish 9-7. Bills would lose to Jets on division record tiebreaker and to Denver on common opponents tiebreaker.

Devin
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
I had that posted last night.

Devin > Chris Brown.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=116022

hammerbillsfan
12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
:clap: Devin

casdhf
12-19-2006, 01:43 PM
If you told me a month ago we could have a descent shot at hte playoffs, I would have thought you were a moron ... I can't believe it

RockStar36
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Things fell into place nicely this weekend. Better than I thought anyways.

Bill Brasky
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Devin > Chris Brown.
Freeman > Everybody ever born. Ever.

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
From his Bills Blog:

That's scenario II. check it out.

And he's wrong on the last point. . Even if the Jets and Denver win this week we could still catch and pass Denver if they lose to SF and KC wins out.

clumping platelets
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
:clump: >>>> everybody

hammerbillsfan
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
ham sammich > THURM

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Amazing.

:pray:

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2006, 01:58 PM
I never ever thought I would ever in a million years say this but go Miami. In fact, one year I went on this whole tirade about how I would NEVER root for a division rival EVER even if it meant we would have a better chance to get in the playoffs.

Well things can sure change in a hurry can't they?

RockStar36
12-19-2006, 01:58 PM
How ironic would it be to see the Dolphins help the Bills by beating the Jets after the Bills just swept the season series and knocked them out of the playoffs.

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
that's it, I'm done.

The more I read about playoff scenarios, the less likely it seems. If you read that worst case scenario, we could potentially be eliminated this weekend even if we win.

Of course, it also sounds like there's an extremely remote chance that both the Bills and the Jets could end up with wild cards- imagine 3 AFCE teams in the Playoffs.

Once the Bills are out of it- time to once again root for ABNE (Anyone But New England).

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
that's it, I'm done.

The more I read about playoff scenarios, the less likely it seems. If you read that worst case scenario, we could potentially be eliminated this weekend even if we win.

Of course, it also sounds like there's an extremely remote chance that both the Bills and the Jets could end up with wild cards- imagine 3 AFCE teams in the Playoffs.

Once the Bills are out of it- time to once again root for ABNE (Anyone But New England).
Are you kidding me?

We're practically in!

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
that's it, I'm done.

He was wrong. If that happens, we'll still be alive. Check out my first post in this thread.

RockStar36
12-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Are you kidding me?

We're practically in!

That's what I gathered from the reading.

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Are you kidding me?

We're practically in!

we need a Miami win and a Denver win- what are the chances of that happening?

And NE has been up and down this year, while Jax has been tough- Jacksonville will be playing hard while NE already knows they can screw us with a loss and they're only playing for 3rd or 4th seed.

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 02:09 PM

NO WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you read my scenarios! There's a 1000 ways it can go! I have 4 Scenarios on that thread.

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Anything can happen next week. As long as we win, we're still alive.

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM

And NE has been up and down this year, while Jax has been tough- Jacksonville will be playing hard while NE already knows they can screw us with a loss and they're only playing for 3rd or 4th seed.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=116032

Post 9 has the 4th scenario.

OpIv37
NO WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you read my scenarios! There's a 1000 ways it can go! I have 4 Scenarios on that thread.

ok, if we don't get that then we need like 14 other things to happen. It's just so convoluded and unlikely. Plus we have to take care of business first, or else all of this means nothing.

clumping platelets
ham sammich > THURM

Tru dat :hi5:

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 02:17 PM
ok, if we don't get that then we need like 14 other things to happen. It's just so convoluded and unlikely. Plus we have to take care of business first, or else all of this means nothing.

Scenario 1 Besides from winning out, we need 5 games to go our way and possible 4.

Week 16
KC over Oakland (In Oakland)
NE over Jacksonville * (In Jacksonville)
Cincy over Denver (In Denver)
Miami over Jets (In Miami)

Week 17
Either
KC over Jacksonville (In KC)
Or
SF over Denver (In Denver)

Scenario 2 Besides from winning out, we need 3 games to go our way.

Week 16
NE over Jacksonville
Denver over Cincy
Miami over Jets

Scenario 3 Besides from winning out, we need 5 games to go our way.

Week 16
KC over Oakland
NE over Jacksonville
Cincy over Denver

Week 17
Pittsburgh over Cincy
and either
KC over Jacksonville
or
SF over Denver

Scenario 4 Besides from winning out, we need 5 games to go our way.

Week 16
KC over Oakland
Cincy over Denver
Miami over Jets

Week 17
Pittsburgh over Cincy (In Cincy)
KC over Jacksonville

Jimbuktu
12-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Are you kidding me?

We're practically in!

I LIKE WHERE YOUR HEAD IS AT!

Earthquake Enyart
12-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I get physically aroused when Pat goes through the scenarios. :up:

HHURRICANE
12-19-2006, 02:26 PM
WORST SCENARIO: The worst case scenario this weekend is if the Jets and Broncos both win. If that happens we can't catch Denver or Jets even if all three teams finish 9-7. Bills would lose to Jets on division record tiebreaker and to Denver on common opponents tiebreaker.

I don't understand. In the paragraph above he said we owned the tiebreaker against the Jets. So how do we not get in if both finish 9-7!!

LtBillsFan66
12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!

raphael120
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
because if the jets win, they have the better conference record, because theyd win to miami, meaning the jets would beat out the bills based on conference record. got it?

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!

my point exactly. I'm just gonna root for the Bills to beat the Titans and see where we are from there. Unless that happens, there's no point worrying about the rest of this stuff.

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Op, be optimistic for once. Just one time.

raphael120
12-19-2006, 02:41 PM
oh come on, lecter...

you cant fault a bills fan to be apprehensive to getting their hopes up.

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Op, be optimistic for once. Just one time.

even if we win, we need a lot of luck in terms of games out of our control going our way. You've been around long enough to know that luck is no friend to Buffalo sports.

raphael120
12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
im going to scream my lungs out at the game, and live in the moment, i dont want to know about the other scores, i just want to savor a win if it is indeed a win this weekend, but if not, im still satisfied with our 7 wins, way beyond the expectations most fans have for this team this year. but honestly...i see the bills winning this next game, and hopefully theyre still in the race but i got ahead of myself in 2004 and we got beat by the steelers and i crashed back down to reality..>so im apprehensive too, but im going to just have fun either way, not going to worry about playoffs, but i know since the option is there, its going to make it that much better if we win, or that much more heartbreaking if we lose..

Romes
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM

I don't understand. In the paragraph above he said we owned the tiebreaker against the Jets. So how do we not get in if both finish 9-7!!

As pat has mentioned, if the chiefs also finish 9-7. the chiefs beat broncos on division record knocking them out and we beat the chiefs in conference record.