PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

The King
01-03-2007, 07:54 AM
People keep talking about Michael Vick getting an elite WR and always mention thats where Atlantas Offense comes up short... It blows my mind that people keep missing the obvious. Vick will never have a go to WR...ever. From pop-warner to high school to college to the pros, WR's are trained to look to the middle of the field for the ball 9 out 10 times the ball is coming from between the tackles. With Vick the ball is coming from anywhere the constant roll outs leave the WR's clueless and force them to constantly adjust, which leads to blown routes and dropped balls.

If Atlanta spends big money on a WR they are foolish and missing the big picture. What they need is another elite TE a check down guy to bail Vick out. With Crumpler on one side and another pass catching TE on the other, Atlanta will be able to move the ball down field on a much more consistant basis.

justasportsfan
01-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Coaches are stoopi. They should design plays where Vick throws it up in the air and then runs and catches the ball himself. He's the only one who knows where the ball is going.

OpIv37
01-03-2007, 08:01 AM
you know, a girl I used to work with was working in the computer labs at VT at the same time Vick was there. She said he came in and needed help getting a CD into the computer. The physical act of getting the CD into the CD drive was too intellectually challenging for him to comprehend it.

The guy's a hell of an athlete, but he's just not smart enough to be a QB.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I live in Atlanta. It's not the coaches it's the owner. Vick should be sitting and Schaub starting. Be thankful that Jauron/Fairchild had the balls to hold their line and take JP through the correct process.

The King
01-03-2007, 08:10 AM
I live in Atlanta. It's not the coaches it's the owner. Vick should be sitting and Schaub starting. Be thankful that Jauron/Fairchild had the balls to hold their line and take JP through the correct process.

$$$$$$$

Vick makes the team money.... end of story.

cocamide
01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
you know, a girl I used to work with was working in the computer labs at VT at the same time Vick was there. She said he came in and needed help getting a CD into the computer. The physical act of getting the CD into the CD drive was too intellectually challenging for him to comprehend it.

Well, at least he didn't use the cd drive as a coffee cup holder. I agree with all the posts, Vick will never lead his team to a super bowl. Regardless of how bad the NFC is and how many rushing yards he gets. On the other hand, Vince Young seems smart enough to do so.

RockStar36
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM

I know someone who went to VT a few years back who said his brother was a moron as well.

BillsNick
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
*Most overrated player in the NFL*

Gunzlingr
01-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I know someone who went to VT a few years back who said his brother was a moron as well.

I didn't go to VT, but I could have told you that.

kernowboy
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Based on his performances, you wouldn't let him run a bath let alone an NFL offence

Michael82
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
He should be traded, but instead they are going to trade the better QB in Matt Schaub. :ill:

Kerr
01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
If Vick knew how to catch, he might be a bigger asset and weapon for the falcons.

mybills
01-03-2007, 01:12 PM
*Most overrated player in the NFL*
Change that to QB, and I'll agree.

Hey, do ya think we can replace Willis with him? :snicker:

Saratoga Slim
01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, at least he didn't use the cd drive as a coffee cup holder. I agree with all the posts, Vick will never lead his team to a super bowl. Regardless of how bad the NFC is and how many rushing yards he gets. On the other hand, Vince Young seems smart enough to do so.

Yeah, Vince Young is getting the last laugh on that whole Wonderlic uproar. Its certainly looking like he is in fact smart enough to play the pro game. Really well.

DynaPaul
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I wonder how Randall Cunningham keeps getting resurrected. Don't these teams learn?

Pinkerton Security
01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Change that to QB, and I'll agree.

Hey, do ya think we can replace Willis with him? :snicker:

Seriously, I would not have a problem trying that. Hes SO DANG elusive. I really would not be upset with that experiment.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2007, 12:38 AM
I don't know what's with all the Vick hate. :idunno:

The guy can flat out play - this was his first full season and finally was able to open it up. He had 20TDs and 13INTs, 2474 YDS, and over 1,000 rushing yards. Granted he isn't the most accurate with 53.8% completions but what do you want - perfection?

I still say he is an elite QB - he's just had crap coaches and a crap team his entire career. His biggest problem IMO has been injuries but if he can stay healthy and get some proper direction/support, I think he'll blow the doors of alot of teams. JM2c.....

jamze132
01-04-2007, 07:19 AM
My two sisters both graduated from VT 3 and 4 years ago respectively. One of them told me that he tried to hand out herpes as christmas presents one year since he thought they were breath mints.

Well maybe not, but my sisters did attend VT while he was there and they did say that he and his little gangsta brother were ******ed to boot. They don't call it "Wonderlic" for nothing.

mybills
01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
"Wonderlic" would be a good name for SAB. :snicker: