PDA

View Full Version : Not A Bad Start To Free Agency

R. Rich
03-05-2007, 07:03 AM
It's nice to see the Bills actually address the offensive line, and to do so aggressively, in free agency. Getting Dockery was nice; a guy who should be reliable @ the LG spot, giving the Bills a nice duo w/ him and Peters anchoring that side.

I'm curious to see if they have any other players targeted during this free agency period. Maybe a LB? Considering the loss of Fletch and Spikes being on the block, that would be a nice move.

McGahee on the block too? Wow. Does this mean the Bills will target Marshawn Lynch w/ their 12th overall pick, or go the free agency route to replace Willis? I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown, who is going to be an injury case due to his upright running style (Adrian Peterson beware: your style is somewhat similar to Brown's).

There should be plenty of ways the Bills can go w/ their first round pick that will help the team. LB, DT, DE, CB, WR.....whatever they decide, they should be in the position to get a very good player that will immediately help this team work to get back into the playoffs.

Night Train
03-05-2007, 07:20 AM
It will be interesting to see if or when McGahee and Spikes are moved. May have to wait until draft day but you never know.

They sure came out firing on Friday. That woke up the fanbase in a big way.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown, who is going to be an injury case due to his upright running style (Adrian Peterson beware: your style is somewhat similar to Brown's).

Eric Dickerson, who Peterson compares to in build, had an upright running-style as well.

RockStar36
03-05-2007, 07:52 AM
If they are serious about moving McGahee they need to do it soon. If they wait to long all the teams in need of a RB are going to fill the need.

Romes
03-05-2007, 07:54 AM
They sure came out firing on Friday. That woke up the fanbase in a big way.

Thats for sure. I'm still in a bit of shock we actually signed Dockery. I still go back to BB.com few times a day to make sure its still true. :D

Jan Reimers
03-05-2007, 07:56 AM
I think at present we are most vulnerable at LB. Fletch is gone, we appear to be unhappy with Spikes' recovery (he's on the trading block) and Ellison is a basically untested 6th rounder.

I would think LB is our number 1 priority. We're at least 1 man short, and unlike CB and DT, we don't even have a Youboty or McCargo waiting in the wings. If we don't get a quality LB in free agency - and it looks like we won't - we need to take a good one on Day One of the draft.

gr8slayer
03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I think at present we are most vulnerable at LB. Fletch is gone, we appear to be unhappy with Spikes' recovery (he's on the trading block) and Ellison is a basically untested 6th rounder.

I would think LB is our number 1 priority. We're at least 1 man short, and unlike CB and DT, we don't even have a Youboty or McCargo waiting in the wings. If we don't get a quality LB in free agency - and it looks like we won't - we need to take a good one on Day One of the draft.
I feel pretty good with Crowell-Spikes-Ellison as our LB's. Having Fletch would have been great but hey, sometimes you have to move on. I think one more year in the system is going to do the whole Defense alot of good. Thankfully we run a D that doesn't give up very many big plays by nature and we have alot of YOUNG talent that is still up and coming. My biggest concern is how McCargo will pan out. If we can get some pressure from our front four (which is what the C2 is designed for) we can be very dangerous.

Talk0fNewYork
03-05-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm glad to see they're not interested in Chris Brown.
Me Two, his agent a *** for throwing out our teams name, pretending there was an interest in a injury prone back.

R. Rich
03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Eric Dickerson, who Peterson compares to in build, had an upright running-style as well.

It was the 5 other builds in front of Dickerson that had a lot to do w/ his longevity and effectiveness. If Peterson lucks into a similar situation, then he's good to go. If not, once again, refer to Chris Brown.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
It was the 5 other builds in front of Dickerson that had a lot to do w/ his longevity and effectiveness. If Peterson lucks into a similar situation, then he's good to go. If not, once again, refer to Chris Brown.

Luck? I guess he lucked out that way with 2 different teams over an 8 year period, huh? He must have had some different linemen in that stretch.