PDA

View Full Version : So I’m looking at last year. Trying to get a feel for it.

Patrick76777
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
NOTE: This is not a JP trashing thread!

We were kinda awful for the first 7 weeks! The offense couldn’t do anything and the numbers were terrible (save for the loss to the Jets). Our 2 wins game against a terrible Miami team and to the Vikings who almost took the lead in the last minute.

The key in these games was that our offense just couldn’t get it done.

The team started to play better, but over the next 2 weeks the offense continued to struggle as we beat the Packers and lost to the Colts.

It was really only in week 10 that JP started to turn it on.

That’s when he torched the Texans for over 300 yards. Critics will point to 2 long plays, but I know football and I know that that’s how you sometimes get big numbers. Plus he had the comeback at the end of the game.

From here on out, the offense played better and we were in every game finishing the year 4-3 with a 1 point and 3 point loss in there.

Things I noticed, JP was playing much better but he turns it over for big plays. In the last 7 games he:
- Threw an Int for at TD against Baltimore in a 12 point loss. (one score game without the mistake.
- Threw an Int for a TD against Houston in what turned out to be a win but forced us to have to come back.
- Threw 2 picks against Tennessee in a huge 1 point loss
- Threw 2 picks against SD in a 3 point loss

It scares me that this JP turnaround was really only 7 games. But he converted me last year, so I’m ready to get started this year. I just hope he can learn to keep the turnovers down. The new O-line should be a great help.

His numbers for the last 7 weeks

130 – 205 63.4%for 1553 yards, 12 TD’s and 8 picks. Not too bad.

Prorated for 16 games the numbers would look like this

297 – 469 63.4% for 3550 yards, 27 TD’s and 18 picks.

Yeah, I’d take that! Just take the picks down by 5 or so.

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
:up:

ddaryl
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
JP didn't get the same caliber of experience in college like many other 1st rd QB's and was drafted by the Bills knowing he would be a bit of a project.

Add in his 1st year was lost to injury, and his 2nd year was fiaso, he did pretty damn good in his 1st full year.

He needs to improve, but IMO the OL will allow WR's to get open more often, it will set up the long ball more frequently, and it should definitely give JP some confidence.

He's not a perfect QB,

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
He'll never be a perfect QB. He's always going to be a headache QB..

He can do things few if any does.. Then he'll make mistakes that few if any do.

HIs development hinges on doing less of the latter, which I'm confident he will be able to do.

jdbillsfan
03-30-2007, 03:36 PM

HIs development hinges on doing less of the latter, which I'm confident he will be able to do.

The perfect QB is hard to quantify, but I disagree about his mistakes. Watching other games around the league last year, many of the "better" qb's made similar mistakes. McNabb vs the Bucs, throws two INT's for TD, both on out passes, Brees, Brady, Pennington, etc all do things that make you scratch your head once and a while.

ddaryl
03-30-2007, 03:38 PM

I completely disagree. I see JP developing into a rock solid QB that will gain positive attention and start making media highlights for the right reasons.

I think 2007 is going to be a good year for JP. he'll still break our hearts a few times, but he is going to be a lot more consistent, confident and he'll make less mistakes in 2007

jamze132
03-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Let's not forget that on the other side of the ball, their are 11 profesional football players as well.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
its all apart of becoming a starting QB in the NFL

lordofgun
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I told you so, Pat.

SABURZFAN
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
NOTE: This is not a JP trashing thread!

We were kinda awful for the first 7 weeks! The offense couldn’t do anything and the numbers were terrible (save for the loss to the Jets). Our 2 wins game against a terrible Miami team and to the Vikings who almost took the lead in the last minute.

The key in these games was that our offense just couldn’t get it done.

The team started to play better, but over the next 2 weeks the offense continued to struggle as we beat the Packers and lost to the Colts.

It was really only in week 10 that JP started to turn it on.

That’s when he torched the Texans for over 300 yards. Critics will point to 2 long plays, but I know football and I know that that’s how you sometimes get big numbers. Plus he had the comeback at the end of the game.

From here on out, the offense played better and we were in every game finishing the year 4-3 with a 1 point and 3 point loss in there.

Things I noticed, JP was playing much better but he turns it over for big plays. In the last 7 games he:
- Threw an Int for at TD against Baltimore in a 12 point loss. (one score game without the mistake.
- Threw an Int for a TD against Houston in what turned out to be a win but forced us to have to come back.
- Threw 2 picks against Tennessee in a huge 1 point loss
- Threw 2 picks against SD in a 3 point loss

It scares me that this JP turnaround was really only 7 games. But he converted me last year, so I’m ready to get started this year. I just hope he can learn to keep the turnovers down. The new O-line should be a great help.

His numbers for the last 7 weeks

130 – 205 63.4%for 1553 yards, 12 TD’s and 8 picks. Not too bad.

Prorated for 16 games the numbers would look like this

297 – 469 63.4% for 3550 yards, 27 TD’s and 18 picks.

Yeah, I’d take that! Just take the picks down by 5 or so.

you can spin it any way you want but you can't prorate the 7-9 record. :down:

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
you can spin it any way you want but you can't prorate the 7-9 record. :down:all i can say is that it was a tough season

Patrick76777
04-02-2007, 08:30 AM

That doesn't even make sense when based against my point!

My whole point was that he really only showed improvement over the last 7 games.

What ever.

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey SHIVA, you think the run D might have something to do with that record? Maybe a particular play like Willis not getting it on 4th and 1 against the PAts?

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey SHIVA, you think the run D might have something to do with that record? Maybe a particular play like Willis not getting it on 4th and 1 against the PAts?
Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Earthquake Enyart
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM
That doesn't even make sense when based against my point!

My whole point was that he really only showed improvement over the last 7 games.

What ever.
That's how I felt also. I'm still not 100% sold, but things are looking up.

The pics are gonna happen, but I'm hoping that the new OL will lower the catistrophic sack/fumbles that plague JP.

Patrick76777
04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
The pics are gonna happen, but I'm hoping that the new OL will lower the catistrophic sack/fumbles that plague JP.

AMen

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm just freaking thankful that for the first time in YEARS we aren't wondering who's going to be our QB this year, do we need to draft another QB early this year, blah blah blah. We are set.

jmb1099
04-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Good post patrick.
The thing with Losman is this: His big play ability is just amazing. The first of the two td passes in the game against the texans is nuts. Not because he hit Evans in stride, but because he hit evans in stride while falling backwards avoiding a sack. I don't care how anyone tries to spin that play, it was amazing. Watch it again it will blow you away.
The one area Losman seriously needs work is with the routine stuff, making a smooth 3 yard pass etc. This should come with the confidence that the new oline shoud give him. Game management can be taught and refined, the big play abilty that Losman has displayed doesn't come around very often. I predict he puts it all together this season, lets hope we get the rest of the holes filled.