PDA

View Full Version : Bills will draft Ted Ginn Jr.

Bling
04-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok... I don't really believe this, but I'm the new Mike Mayock

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 09:59 PM
if Donahoe were still the GM you might be onto something.

If Marv does something that dumb, I hope the Bills don't sell one ticket this year.

(assuming we keep the 12th pick- if we trade down or trade back into the 1st round, this no longer applies)

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM

If Marv does something that dumb, I hope the Bills don't sell one ticket this year.

(assuming we keep the 12th pick- if we trade down or trade back into the 1st round, this no longer applies)

Hey TD drafted evans I didnt like the pick but it was a good one

doesnt make up for the others but just saying

clumping platelets
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Bills need a legitimate #2 WR..........what happens to the offense if Evans goes down?

socalfan
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Bills need a legitimate #2 WR..........what happens to the offense if Evans goes down?

Finally, someone that sees the light.

clumping platelets
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
:up:

Bmax
04-09-2007, 11:38 PM

Sidney Rice round 2
Mike Walker round 4
Jacoby Jones round 4 or 5......

I 'm the new Mike Mayock-OLB-Jon Beason the Bills 1st rd pick at # 12

Bmax

Night Train
04-10-2007, 02:31 AM
There are WR's all over the place in this draft. I could see one with one of our 3rd rounders or in Round 4.

Yasgur's Farm
04-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Bills need a legitimate #2 WR..........what happens to the offense if Evans goes down?bills will draft a WR no later than the 76th pick... Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem or Rice... But not Ginn.

jamze132
04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
I understand the Bills kind/sorta need a legitamate #2 receiver, but we really, really need a freakin' LB.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey TD drafted evans I didnt like the pick but it was a good one

doesnt make up for the others but just saying

McGee, Clements, Henry, Schobel, and Evans were good TD picks.

Reed, Denney, Wire, Bannan, Thomas, McGahee, Kelsay, Crowell, Losman, Anderson, and Parrish were also TD picks who have seen alot of action.

Mike Williams was a good pick by TD and most fans wanted either Williams or McKinne. Was it TDs fault Williams turned out to be a bust?

Jan Reimers
04-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't love it, because we need help at RB and LB more, but imagine the pure blinding speed with Evans and Ginn, with JP's ability to throw it down field. . .

Saratoga Slim
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM

yeah, but what happens to the offense if Anthony Thomas goes down? and who is our third starting LB right now beyond Crowell and Ellison?

I think LB and RB are glaring needs, whereas #2 WR is a little further down on the list.

that said, if we traded for Michael Turner I'd be very pleased if we took a WR in the 2nd.

Bling
04-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Who says Marv drafts for needs? You really think Whitner was the most pressing need? He wasn't the best player on the board: Leinart was. The most pressing need was Bunkley or Ngata. Obviously Marv doesn't follow the trend. He's going to draft Ted Ginn.

ParanoidAndroid
04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
As good as Evans is, I have to suggest that he isn't a #1 type receiver. We need a go-to, possession type receiver to free Evans up, meaning Evans does not lead in number of catches, but rather, yards.

Bling
04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
As good as Evans is, I have to suggest that he isn't a #1 type receiver. We need a go-to, possession type receiver to free Evans up, meaning Evans does not lead in number of catches, but rather, yards.

I agree. That's why I felt Ted Ginn doesn't make sense if you guys go WR, but you don't know with Marv.

MVP
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
this is what i have to say about ted ginn jr.
the kid is a football player, he knows the ins and outs of the game (his dad was his along with troy smith and even donte whitner coach going into Ohio State) he has great speed, acceleration, hands, big play ability. Hey it would be better than drafting Flowers or Williams again lol!

jamesiscool
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey it would be better than drafting Flowers or Williams again lol!

yea but wouldnt be?

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Ted Ginn would be such a waste at 12 when we so obviously need a RB or LB in the worst way. If Willis is there and we don't take him then Marv has lost his marbles.

The Answer
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM

If we do 'reach' again - than Ginn Jr. would be a prime candidate at #12.

Going to be interesting to see what happens regardless, especially if Peterson, Hall and Willis are all gone by the time we pick.

~The Answer

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I really don't see us taking Ginn, i see us more like takin Patrick Willis, or trading down and takin AP, if we don't get Turner.

B-DON
04-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't love it, because we need help at RB and LB more, but imagine the pure blinding speed with Evans and Ginn, with JP's ability to throw it down field. . .
Dont forget Roscoe. Man that would be some speed. Still want AP though.

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2007, 08:37 PM
When did Marv work for Miami? :snicker:

LtFinFan66
06-23-2007, 08:39 PM
:couch:

Run Ginn Run!!

Bling
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
When did Marv work for Miami? :snicker:

When I looked at the thread title, I was thinking this guy has to be a funny troll. My jaw dropped when I found out this thread was created by me. I totally forgot about it, but I remember it now. I actually thought it could happen. I didn't know, maybe Marv had a hard on for OSU players. Instead I found out CC has a hard on for the Ginn family, and our teams have a hard on for reaching on OSU players.

LtFinFan66
06-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, we have drafted 1....count em'......1 Buckeye as far back as I can remember so the Fins definitely do not have a hard on for OSU players nor will you think he was a reach within a year or 2

Mitchy moo
06-23-2007, 09:02 PM
When I looked at the thread title, I was thinking this guy has to be a funny troll. My jaw dropped when I found out this thread was created by me. I totally forgot about it, but I remember it now. I actually thought it could happen. I didn't know, maybe Marv had a hard on for OSU players. Instead I found out CC has a hard on for the Ginn family, and our teams have a hard on for reaching on OSU players.

Wow, how ironic your team took him.

Bling
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, we have drafted 1....count em'......1 Buckeye as far back as I can remember so the Fins definitely do not have a hard on for OSU players nor will you think he was a reach within a year or 2

Ok... I didn't say he sucked as a player, but I firmly believe it's a reach and will always be a reach. As will the Buffalo pick of Whitner. Always will be a reach. If you want to ask if the reach was worth it, we'll see for both. So far Whitner has a long way to go, and Ginn a longer way to go.

Mitchy moo
06-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok... I didn't say he sucked as a player, but I firmly believe it's a reach and will always be a reach. As will the Buffalo pick of Whitner. Always will be a reach. If you want to ask if the reach was worth it, we'll see for both. So far Whitner has a long way to go, and Ginn a longer way to go.

Donte's on his way and has a year in, your guy hasn't seen the field yet. I would say it's more like Donte is near there in route and Ginn has a map with no transportation yet, Just to be clear.

LtFinFan66
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah Skooby. Ginn is exactly where Whitner was this time last year so don't get cocky!

Just to be clear!

Mitchy moo
06-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah Skooby. Ginn is exactly where Whitner was this time last year so don't get cocky!

Just to be clear!

Crystal.

Bling
06-23-2007, 09:46 PM

Just to be clear!

:up:

SABURZFAN
06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
When I looked at the thread title, I was thinking this guy has to be a funny troll. My jaw dropped when I found out this thread was created by me. I totally forgot about it, but I remember it now.

:lolpoint: funny troll

LtFinFan66
06-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Crystal.:cheers:

HHURRICANE
06-24-2007, 09:52 AM

Whitner started and played well as a rookie worthy of a #8 pick. I don't think there are too many people, either in the media, or in Buffalo that think Whitner has "a long way to go."

Whitner isn't a stretch anymore but Ginn is until he plays.

Goobylal
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
When you draft a guy 9th overall, you better be drafting a #1 WR. Ginn will never be that, given his size.

dolphan117
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
There were those who said you don't draft a RB in the top 5 unless he is going to be able to be a every down feature back. Its working just fine for Reggie.

Goobylal
06-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Bush can be an every-down RB. It's not like he's undersized to play the position. The Saints just used him as a receiver since they already had McAllister.

Bling
06-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Bush can be an every-down RB. It's not like he's undersized to play the position. The Saints just used him as a receiver since they already had McAllister.

:rofl: Do you know how much Marvin Harrison weighs? He's might not be a #1 at this league, but not because he's undersized.

Goobylal
06-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Harrison IS a #1 WR. But he's the exception, not the rule. And his college career was far more productive than Ginn's, as a WR.

Bling
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Harrison IS a #1 WR. But he's the exception, not the rule. And his college career was far more productive than Ginn's, as a WR.

Steve Smith? He's 180 lbs. I'm sure he can gain the 10 lbs of muscle required to be at the same size as Chad Johnson. :rofl:

If you're going to be one of those people that can't give the Dolphins credit, learn to pick your battles. This arguement holds ZERO weight.

dolphan117
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Isaac Bruce is listed at 188 and Torry Holt at 190, and keep in mind both of those guys played in a different version of the air coryell offense.

I looked over the Chargers roster soon after Cam came aboard when we were leading up to the draft and he actually had a couple very big guys in SD to go along with 3 or 4 guys in the 190 range, one of them was Az-Zahir Hakim who he brought with him to Miami, listed at 190.

Given that the Air Coryell is all about timing and getting in and out of your breaks it makes sense that undersized speed guys would be attractive in this offense. IMO if Ginn doesn't make it as an NFL receiver it wont really be because he is undersized.

dolphan117
06-24-2007, 10:31 PM
And just a note on Harrison, NFL.com has him listed at 185 but I have been told his actual playing weight has been more like 175-180 for quite a while...... That being said he isn't a very physical guy and has pretty much been shut down in the postseason. Conversely Steve Smith is listed at 185 and is physical as all hell. Amazing watching him play, acts like a 215 type of guy, its all about the attitude I guess.

Goobylal
06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Ginn will have to add muscle to a) be able to beat the jam and b) withstand the pounding he'll take, especially on returns. Looking at his body habitus, that will be tough.

And Smith is 5'9", meaning he's a lot more compact.

In any case, we'll all have a close eye on Ginn to see what he does, or doesn't do.

cocamide
06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
A team can never have enough speed. We'll just have to see if it pays off for the Dolphins.