PDA

View Full Version : Lynch done as an option.

HHURRICANE
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Marv Levy won't touch this guy with a ten foot pole. I'll bet any amount of money on it. "Charges have not been filed". Sorry but no way Marv even looks at this guy. Take him off the board!!

5. California junior running back Marshawn Lynch (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/118950)
Scouts have probably wavered more on Lynch's grade more than any other prospect; he ranges from surefire top-20 to second-rounder. Lynch's evaluation has been affected by accusations of a sexual assault (charges have not been filed); his late-season ankle and back injuries; fumbling problem; and speculation that he got a less than glowing review from the Cal coaching staff.
Lynch posted solid workout numbers across the board at the combine, but there's a notion by several teams that numerous potential 1,000-yard rushers will still be on the board in rounds 2-3. Therefore, if teams have long-term concerns about Lynch, he could still be on the board towards the later portion of round 1. In that scenario, teams could look to trade up for his services as was the case with Kevin Jones (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6789/) and Steven Jackson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Steven+Jackson&q=Steven+Jackson) in recent drafts.

X-Era
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Marv Levy won't touch this guy with a ten foot pole. I'll bet any amount of money on it. "Charges have not been filed". Sorry but no way Marv even looks at this guy. Take him off the board!!

5. California junior running back Marshawn Lynch (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/118950)
Scouts have probably wavered more on Lynch's grade more than any other prospect; he ranges from surefire top-20 to second-rounder. Lynch's evaluation has been affected by accusations of a sexual assault (charges have not been filed); his late-season ankle and back injuries; fumbling problem; and speculation that he got a less than glowing review from the Cal coaching staff.
Lynch posted solid workout numbers across the board at the combine, but there's a notion by several teams that numerous potential 1,000-yard rushers will still be on the board in rounds 2-3. Therefore, if teams have long-term concerns about Lynch, he could still be on the board towards the later portion of round 1. In that scenario, teams could look to trade up for his services as was the case with Kevin Jones (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6789/) and Steven Jackson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Steven+Jackson&q=Steven+Jackson) in recent drafts.

Just not the truth. Thre reason the charges arent filed is because they are either not true or theres no evidence, either way its trivial.

ShadowHawk7
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Good point, but he's still only around the 4th option of what I'd do w/ the 12 pick. Imagine the Pack passing on him, and after us taking Willis, trading back up to around 30, and taking him too. That would be amazing.

TigerJ
04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
I agree, Lynch is looking less lilke a legitimate option at #12, but I am not going to convict him on hearsay. I assume the Bills have done the first hand research to know what the actual concerns are with this guy and what is dust in the wind.

On the other side of things, while Lynch may have dropped out of the picture, Adrian Peterson has been popping up at the #12 spot in quite a few mocks lately.

X-Era
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Just not the truth. Thre reason the charges arent filed is because they are either not true or theres no evidence, either way its trivial.

this is more important:

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/marshawn-quotes.html

Seriously, how much stock do we put into alleged issues. File a charge or shut up.

LtBillsFan66
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
The ***** probably asked for it.

okaydo
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
The Yahoo! draft guy obviously didn't do his homework, or he's manipulating words to paint Lynch in the most negative light possible.

Here is the truth: Lynch *WILL NOT* be charged. This decision was made way back in freakin' January.

Here's the Oakland Tribune's story (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070129/ai_n17161508):

No charges to be filed against Cal football star

Oakland Tribune (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176), Jan 29, 2007 (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070129) by Harry Harris (http://www.findarticles.com/p/search?tb=art&qt=%22Harry+Harris%22)

OAKLAND -- Citing several reasons, including "some grave inconsistencies" in the complaining woman's story, Alameda County prosecutors decided Monday not to file domestic violence related charges against UC Berkeley football star Marshawn Lynch.

The decision was made by Senior Deputy District Attorney Kim Hunter, an expert in domestic violence cases.

Hunter said one of the key reasons for the decision not to prosecute was that the woman making the complaint gave conflicting statements in the police report and to officers doing the follow-up investigation.

"The victim's story has some grave inconsistencies," Hunter said.

In the initial police report, there was only a mention of Lynch "grabbing and pushing" the woman. But the woman added other details of the confrontation in later interviews and documents.

One of those documents was a petition for a restraining order in which the woman said Lynch, "choke me. slap me then slap himself. pick me up and though(sic) me in the car laid on top of me with his hands over my mouth."

Other reasons cited by Hunter for not charging the case included no visible injuries to the woman, no pictures of any injuries and a statement from someone who knows both Lynch and the woman and was present at the so-called confrontation said that "nothing happened" between them.

"We cannot prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt," Hunter said.

Lynch's attorney, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said he was "delighted" that no charges were filed and suggested the accuser had money as a motive.

The accuser and Lynch had graduated from Oakland Tech together in 2004. At one point, they had a relationship, but broke up in the fall of 2004.

Lynch is also expected to be a first round pick in the upcoming National Football League draft, a position that could earn him millions of dollars.

"Marshawn had broken up with her and she didn't take it very well and her mother did not take it very well," he said. "People had known that someday (Marshawn) would have been making a lot of money. There are people out there that might think he is their ticket out of a certain lifestyle or a certain living situation."

In addition to the conflicting statements, court documents show Lynch's accuser also had a troubled relationship with her own attorney.

While trying to win a permanent restraining order, the accuser's lawyer, Sandra Banks, was also trying to take herself off the case.

Banks claimed the accuser did not want her as an attorney and that their

"communication has deteriorated to such a degree that counsel cannot continue to represent petitioner," Banks wrote in a court document.

"The communication is far too hostile for counsel to communicate in any reasonable way," she added.

Banks did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Authorities also said that some statements made by the woman in an application for a restraining order against Lynch -- which was granted last Friday by a judge -- "were never told to police."

Hunter said the woman made a report to Oakland police on Dec. 15, two days after she claimed she was victimized by Lynch outside her mother's North Oakland home.

Hunter said the report came in as a misdemeanor domestic violence case with no injuries. She said police Special Victims Unit officers "went above and beyond" the normal scope of an investigation in such cases "for the protection of both sides."

That included getting statements from the woman and her mother and the third party -- who Hunter would not identity -- and other people she would not identity.

No formal statement was taken from Lynch but interviews were conducted with people Lynch talked with about the accusations.

Mr. Miyagi
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
At this point, teams who want him will leak bad things out about him, hoping he will slide to them. It's standard practice guys.

By the way, I've heard that Patrick Willis is a card carrying member of the KKK.

ShadowHawk7
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
The bastard. UDFA, here he comes.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Somebody out there will take a chance on the guy believe me.

Slim
04-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Done as an option? Hurricane, your just PURELY speculating.

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2007, 07:24 AM
I think that when two women in the business of prosecuting domestic violence cases speak about "grave inconsistencies," and inability to be effective counsel to the accuser, there is a problem.
Grave inconsistencies = the chick is full of ****.
It is not an easy process to back out of a case as a lawyer.

Mitchy moo
04-11-2007, 07:41 AM
I think that when two women in the business of prosecuting domestic violence cases speak about "grave inconsistencies," and inability to be effective counsel to the accuser, there is a problem.
Grave inconsistencies = the chick is full of ****.
It is not an easy process to back out of a case as a lawyer.

Maybe the chick is from Buffalo and wants lynch to fall to 12th?

madness
04-11-2007, 07:56 AM
All bull****. Do a little research and you'll find out this guy was an above excellent presence in the locker room AND with his coaches. Every interview I've seen of him, he's been a team player all the way never giving one ounce of credit to himself.

Marv is a former Coach at Cal. I think he'll know what kind of person Lynch really is instead of all this media hype bull****.

Move this thread to :spam:

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2007, 08:13 AM
At this point, teams who want him will leak bad things out about him, hoping he will slide to them. It's standard practice guys.

By the way, I've heard that Patrick Willis is a card carrying member of the KKK.

And I heard Amobi Akoye is a DOLPHINS fan!

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 08:59 AM
If Lynch is still around in the early 20's they might be wise to trade up for him, like they did McCargo last year.

Could you imagine pulling Willis and Lynch in the same draft? that would be sweet.

don137
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
If Lynch is still around in the early 20's they might be wise to trade up for him, like they did McCargo last year.

Could you imagine pulling Willis and Lynch in the same draft? that would be sweet.
I just don't see Lynch getting past Green Bay AND Tennessee. Stranger things have happened though.

gr8slayer
04-11-2007, 09:05 AM
No means yes and yes means harder.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I just don't see Lynch getting past Green Bay AND Tennessee. Stranger things have happened though.
Dont get me wrong, I TOTALLY agree with you.. and I dont know how Lynch has become garbage suddenly on this board.

I still wouldnt be the least bit shocked if Willis is gone and we take him at 12; and I dont think it would be a real bad pick either; especially if they target a guy like Beason or Siler later, in which maybe they'd trade back up for one of THEM like I suggested should Lynch "slip" that far.

the only thing I think almost everybody could easily agree with is RB and LB (in no order) are the first two picks.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Done as an option? Hurricane, your just PURELY speculating.

With what just happened with Henry and PacMan every team is super sensitive to every single issue. PacMan had 10 incidents and no arrests but he's still out of football for the year.

Marv was already sensitive to character issues, and sorry, but Lynch might be the victim of bad circumstances but he's not going to be in a Bills uniform. No way. We just got rid of McGahee and he never had a run in with the law.

madness
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
With what just happened with Henry and PacMan every team is super sensitive to every single issue. PacMan had 10 incidents and no arrests but he's still out of football for the year.

Marv was already sensitive to character issues, and sorry, but Lynch might be the victim of bad circumstances but he's not going to be in a Bills uniform. No way. We just got rid of McGahee and he never had a run in with the law.

Marv is sensitive to character issues that's detrimental to the team. There's a difference.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Marv is sensitive to character issues that's detrimental to the team. There's a difference.

My post may be viewed as specualtion but Lynch's issue was enough to take him off our board. I may not be able to tell you who we are taking but I am certain it won't be this guy. This organization is going to stay clear of even smoke at this point as well they should.

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I love this thread! I wish I would've taken the bet!

HHURRICANE
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I love this thread! I wish I would've taken the bet!

Dude, that's funny. Props.

However, that was like the day it happened and after the smoke cleared I was back on board. Check my other post leading up to the draft.

hydro
04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Glad we didn't get this guy! His character is very suspect!!!

patmoran2006
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Dont get me wrong, I TOTALLY agree with you.. and I dont know how Lynch has become garbage suddenly on this board.

I still wouldnt be the least bit shocked if Willis is gone and we take him at 12; and I dont think it would be a real bad pick either;

the only thing I think almost everybody could easily agree with is RB and LB (in no order) are the first two picks..
Pat Moran.. Draft Expert!!!

madness
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
All bull****. Do a little research and you'll find out this guy was an above excellent presence in the locker room AND with his coaches. Every interview I've seen of him, he's been a team player all the way never giving one ounce of credit to himself.

Marv is a former Coach at Cal. I think he'll know what kind of person Lynch really is instead of all this media hype bull****.

Move this thread to :spam:

:dance:

HAMMER
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM
This is what happens to know it alls. LMAO.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Classic thread, hopefully this year we'll get the guy I want again and draft Sweed.

patmoran2006
04-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Classic thread, hopefully this year we'll get the guy I want again and draft Sweed.I like Sweed to but I dont think there is any way we draft him at 11. It would take a trade down or a trade up with our second pick, I think.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I like Sweed to but I dont think there is any way we draft him at 11. It would take a trade down or a trade up with our second pick, I think.
Well "draft expert" there's little chance that any WR gets taken before 14.

X-Era
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I must admit that Im not a fan at all of dredging up the past.

Its a bit annoying to me.

If someone wants to "sling mud" at someone else, do it through PM's or even in other posts, but why move a post from 2007 on to our page one?

It just makes that poster look bad to everyone. Its not necessary.

We ALL are wrong a good deal of the time. I, personally, get excited about draftees that become busts every single year. If anything, I think many of us should just tone down our posts a bit at times and quit being so "factual" when none of us knows jack squat.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I must admit that Im not a fan at all of dredging up the past.

Its a bit annoying to me.

If someone wants to "sling mud" at someone else, do it through PM's or even in other posts, but why move a post from 2007 on to our page one?

It just makes that poster look bad to everyone. Its not necessary.

We ALL are wrong a good deal of the time. I, personally, get excited about draftees that become busts every single year. If anything, I think many of us should just tone down our posts a bit at times and quit being so "factual" when none of us knows jack squat.
You're right, a lot of people here don't have a clue about anything football related and don't do their own research and film watching, instead they go ahead and go by what they see on Youtube and what they see on various draft sites :shakeno:

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
But what's your point? For some people this is yet another place to come to find out about players because they are too lazy to do the research for themselves.

For some this is the closest they'll ever get to being a scout, coach, GM, etc....

The point of the board is to log-in, express your opinion (or that of someone else), and enjoy yourself. HURRICANE screwed up and assumed too much with no basis; it happens to everyone here and there's no harm in giving him **** when he's wrong. It's all in fun.....

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
How's this going for ya, HH?

X-Era
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
But what's your point? For some people this is yet another place to come to find out about players because they are too lazy to do the research for themselves.

For some this is the closest they'll ever get to being a scout, coach, GM, etc....

The point of the board is to log-in, express your opinion (or that of someone else), and enjoy yourself. HURRICANE screwed up and assumed too much with no basis; it happens to everyone here and there's no harm in giving him **** when he's wrong. It's all in fun.....
:laugh:

Its pretty funny here at times.

Its great to see some people who are long on bravado, and short on facts, battle endlessly to try to build respect for themselves or better yet demand it.

Clearly, 32 NFL teams are missing the boat on these proven talents.

Its a bit perplexing why these front office studs would come here and argue with no-name hacks when they could so "easily" earn jobs in front offices and do battle with the pro's in the war rooms.

Ultimately I guess you get what you pay for, a concept that many, including myself embrace. The arguements at times can be thoughtless, short on facts, and will further prove that we are ALL amateurs.

The best part though is watching posters who are out to prove themselves :rolleyes: on a fan board, say things that end up being wrong and lose them the credibility that they are SO hungry for.

To me its easy, we should just tone it down, be a bit more moderate, a bit more accepting of others opinions, their inevitable mistakes, and we will look less foolish, and be more likely to get responses.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
:laugh:

Its pretty funny here at times.

Its great to see some people who are long on bravado, and short on facts, battle endlessly to try to build respect for themselves or better yet demand it.

Clearly, 32 NFL teams are missing the boat on these proven talents.

Its a bit perplexing why these front office studs would come here and argue with no-name hacks when they could so "easily" earn jobs in front offices and do battle with the pro's in the war rooms.

Ultimately I guess you get what you pay for, a concept that many, including myself embrace. The arguements at times can be thoughtless, short on facts, and will further prove that we are ALL amateurs.

The best part though is watching posters who are out to prove themselves :rolleyes: on a fan board, say things that end up being wrong and lose them the credibility that they are SO hungry for.

To me its easy, we should just tone it down, be a bit more moderate, a bit more accepting of others opinions, their inevitable mistakes, and we will look less foolish, and be more likely to get responses.
You assume far too much.

X-Era
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Maybe some were too lazy to apply for those scouting jobs that they are obviously so qualified for.

Hence the irony of posting "professional" opinion on a amateur, fan board.

X-Era
04-15-2008, 10:30 AM
You assume far too much.

Im good, Im right with the force.

I just hope your sabre isnt turning red.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe some were too lazy to apply for those scouting jobs that they are obviously so qualified for.

Hence the irony of posting "professional" opinion on a amateur, fan board.
Again, you assume far too much.

X-Era
04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Well "draft expert" there's little chance that any WR gets taken before 14.

posts like this seem to "assume" alot.

I wish I knew, so strongly, what 13 NFL teams are going to do.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM

13 NFL teams? :ill:

madness
04-15-2008, 10:35 AM

They're going to one of the following:

draft a player, trade up or trade down. :couch:

Gunzlingr
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
They're going to one of the following:

draft a player, trade up or trade down. :couch:

Whoa, there Nostradamus! Have you been getting psychic lessons from Patti?

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
That is an awesome avatar.

Tatonka
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
And I heard Amobi Akoye is a DOLPHINS fan!

wow.. i remember the debates we had about this kid. how is he doing now?

Tatonka
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
i think this thread is hillarious by the way.

madness
04-15-2008, 11:13 AM

Is it that obvious?

Yasgur's Farm
04-15-2008, 11:21 AM
We should take a look at some of the old posts from finhaven. At least we were talking about the player the Bills actually drafted. I wonder how many doll fans had Ginn on their radar. :oops:

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
haha!

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Dude, that's funny. Props.

However, that was like the day it happened and after the smoke cleared I was back on board. Check my other post leading up to the draft.

I have a feeling you'll flipittyflop again.

Oaf
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
wow.. i remember the debates we had about this kid. how is he doing now?
How IS he doing now?

Patrick76777
04-16-2008, 07:56 AM
For the record, I was trying to find some of the sources that leaked the schedule last year. ?Then I see this thread title and I couldn't resist. i honestly did it in good fun.

hydro
04-16-2008, 08:19 AM
For the record, I was trying to find some of the sources that leaked the schedule last year. ?Then I see this thread title and I couldn't resist. i honestly did it in good fun.

And HH took like a good sport. I like seeing old threads like this drudged up. Funny to see some of the comments people had knowning what we do a year later.