PDA

View Full Version : Miami falling apart

trapezeus
04-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I was in Miami this weekend and the sports articles in the Herald were all very Jerry Sullivan-esque. They were all doom and gloom for the Dolphins. Unlike Sully's critique on Ryan Miller, they were actually point on. They focused on the hopeless situation the QB situation really is and how they feel they got George W'd with the status on Culpepper's 2nd knee surgery in November. They are annoyed that its not simply the QB position that has turmoil, but almost every key position that has some level of ambiguity to it. It's quite ugly and those in Miami seem to be confessing next year is going to be pretty horrible.

I wonder why the Miami fans that venture onto this board aren't so easy to accept the truth of their situation and continue to write "Bills worst in the East." FeelthePain, any response?

Mitchy moo
04-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Will FTP accept this as fact or will he spin it into a delusional world conquest for the Fins?

bflojohn
04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
The ultimate question is what QB will they get NEXT year that's either too old or injured? Maybe the prototype is an old, busted up signal caller!!

gr8slayer
04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Will FTP accept this as fact or will he spin it into a delusional world conquest for the Fins?
NO, if you ask him the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl just like Peter King said last year.

But then again, his family does follow the Redskins so he would know.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
If they can get some sort of QB in there who can manage the game, they won't be as bad as you make it seem

HAMMER
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
If they can get some sort of QB in there who can manage the game, they won't be as bad as you make it seem

If they get Green they will be fine in the short term, if not, they will be hurtin this season.

mysticsoto
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM

What about the Oline? Who's going to protect for the QB? Seems to me like even if you got Peyton Manning in there...with no one to protect him, he'd have a hard enough time just surviving - much less trying to be crisp on passes...the one good thing for you guys is that the draft has some good quality guards that you should be able to grab even in the 3rd rd or so...

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 12:37 PM
The o-line protected Joey just fine last year. They will be ok....not great but ok

Ickybaluky
04-17-2007, 12:41 PM

If they don't help out their OL, it won't matter who plays QB. Right now, you have guys like Anthony Alabi, Chris Liwienski and Joe Toledo at the top of the depth chart. That is the biggest issue they will have to deal with.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
They will be fine on the O-line. They were fine last year once Joey was in there

mysticsoto
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
The o-line protected Joey just fine last year. They will be ok....not great but ok

Really??? Is that why Culpepper was struggled all day against us when we had...what? 7 sacks or so? And is that why Joey had a 0.0 rating against us??? Seems to me like he was being rushed and harassed all game...

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Read my post and get back with me

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I was in Miami this weekend and the sports articles in the Herald were all very Jerry Sullivan-esque. They were all doom and gloom for the Dolphins. Unlike Sully's critique on Ryan Miller, they were actually point on. They focused on the hopeless situation the QB situation really is and how they feel they got George W'd with the status on Culpepper's 2nd knee surgery in November. They are annoyed that its not simply the QB position that has turmoil, but almost every key position that has some level of ambiguity to it. It's quite ugly and those in Miami seem to be confessing next year is going to be pretty horrible.

I wonder why the Miami fans that venture onto this board aren't so easy to accept the truth of their situation and continue to write "Bills worst in the East." FeelthePain, any response?

Yeah, but you didn't believe the SB hype last year about the Dolphins, this Bill fans believe, typical!!

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
If they don't help out their OL, it won't matter who plays QB. Right now, you have guys like Anthony Alabi, Chris Liwienski and Joe Toledo at the top of the depth chart. That is the biggest issue they will have to deal with.

Well why don't we wait till the season starts before we live off the If word! Cause we could say "If" Daunte returns to his 2004 form....but we don't know that yet do we?

JJamezz
04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but you didn't believe the SB hype last year about the Dolphins, this Bill fans believe, typical!!

:huh:

The Answer
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
As much as The Answer loathes The Dolfellon organization - it's a very dangerous mistake to write them off in 2007.

Despite their glaring holes - they did finish 9-7 in 2005 including 6 straight wins, and last year they made a good run mid season after a horrid start with Suckpepper.

They have always been a great defense, consistently ranking in the upper half of the league and they do have some talent whether we want to admit it or not.

Now does The Answer expect them to be a superbowl team in 2007? - Absolutely not. But they are the only team in the AFC East that consisently beats the Patriots and shuts down Tom Brady and if they get some consistence on offense they will win some games and cause problems.

Obviously Cam Cameron knows offense and luckily we still have their number for now. Plus it will take time to clean up Savior Saban's mess and until they get rid of Moolarkey chances are they will still be a mediorce team at best.

But don't sell the porpoise short regardless....

~The Answer

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
:huh:

That's how I feel about Bill fans!

HHURRICANE
04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
This post does nothing but insight fans into TOS violations and it should be moved. "Sarcasm high."

My thread accurately pointed out facts about the QB situation and it gets moved to the smack zone. This one is pure hear say and it's treated like gospel?

This place is confusing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=124623

mysticsoto
04-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Read my post and get back with me

I did. It didn't say anything much. You haven't addressed what was then the cause of Culpeppers' 7 sacks when we played you or how Joey ended up with a 0.0 rating?

Don't get me wrong, I hope your FO feels like you do and does nothing about it. But right now, I'm thinking the Oline is your weakest link followed by your secondary. The QB situation could become your weakest link if you don't get Culpepper back and/or if you can't make a trade for Trent. But I'm thinking either one of those or both will happen. And I don't think Culpepper is bad, but I don't think he's going to be able to carry your team either with your current Oline...

mysticsoto
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
As much as The Answer loathes The Dolfellon organization - it's a very dangerous mistake to write them off in 2007.

Despite their glaring holes - they did finish 9-7 in 2005 including 6 straight wins, and last year they made a good run mid season after a horrid start with Suckpepper.

They have always been a great defense, consistently ranking in the upper half of the league and they do have some talent whether we want to admit it or not.

Now does The Answer expect them to be a superbowl team in 2007? - Absolutely not. But they are the only team in the AFC East that consisently beats the Patriots and shuts down Tom Brady and if they get some consistence on offense they will win some games and cause problems.

Obviously Cam Cameron knows offense and luckily we still have their number for now. Plus it will take time to clean up Savior Saban's mess and until they get rid of Moolarkey chances are they will still be a mediorce team at best.

But don't sell the porpoise short regardless....

~The Answer

I don't think they are going to be able to study Brady's audibles this year and get another easy win by having "inside" knowledge...let's see how they fare against the Patriots this year. I'm thinking the Pats are going to want revenge and will likely get it!

The Answer
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think they are going to be able to study Brady's audibles this year and get another easy win by having "inside" knowledge...let's see how they fare against the Patriots this year. I'm thinking the Pats are going to want revenge and will likely get it!

Pats are going to be a very angry team in 2007 - especially after what happened against Indy in the AFC Championship.

The Answer sees another 14-2 season in Foxboro.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
They will be fine on the O-line. They were fine last year once Joey was in there
it's not the same ol and the same system.

Gunzlingr
04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I can't wait for Culpepper to return to form like FTP has been predicting for 2 years.

trapezeus
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM

I didn't get what this was suppose to mean? Yes, Last year i thought the national media's obsession with the dolphins was stupid. Not only because i thought the team changed a lot from the team that rallied and won 6 straight, but because the writers didn't offer much proof.

In this case, the local media talked very specifically about the positions in question and the turmoil within the locker room. Then went as far as saying that CAmeron doesn't have a lot of his player's attention yet because he isn't being clear about the QB situation. That is a tangible, local opinion which talks about the organization.

National media extrapolates based on strictly the record and a variety of other states = me not trusting it

Local media talks about day to day issues and the feelings around the locker room = more credible to me.

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I didn't get what this was suppose to mean? Yes, Last year i thought the national media's obsession with the dolphins was stupid. Not only because i thought the team changed a lot from the team that rallied and won 6 straight, but because the writers didn't offer much proof.

In this case, the local media talked very specifically about the positions in question and the turmoil within the locker room. Then went as far as saying that CAmeron doesn't have a lot of his player's attention yet because he isn't being clear about the QB situation. That is a tangible, local opinion which talks about the organization.

National media extrapolates based on strictly the record and a variety of other states = me not trusting it

Local media talks about day to day issues and the feelings around the locker room = more credible to me.

The Local media said the same as the national media last year about Miami's chances to reach the SB. Were they right? Did they know more?? No!! Bottom line is everything every year is speculation, there is nothing guaranteed to any team. Every year the media picks teams to win it all and teams to fail miserably and they're rarely right, why?? Cause of all sorts of things, like key injuries and players that don't live up to previous perfomances, and draft busts.

So for anyone to believe anything the media is reporting is just stupid. Not many Dolphin fans were believeing that Miami was a SB contender most thought with a healthy Daunte and a top 5 defense we would make the playoffs....not unreasonable. Well we had the top 5 defense, but a lot of injuries to the Oline and QB position only proves that what the media predicted did not come true because of injuries. It happens every year. Every report I read last year in the sports world had the Saints and Jets doing little if anything, yet two first year coaches with new systems had great seasons, it's just the way it is and why they play the game cause predictions in April have little if any meaning in December.

Devin
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
The Local media said the same as the national media last year about Miami's chances to reach the SB. Were they right? Did they know more?? No!! Bottom line is everything every year is speculation, there is nothing guaranteed to any team. Every year the media picks teams to win it all and teams to fail miserably and they're rarely right, why?? Cause of all sorts of things, like key injuries and players that don't live up to previous perfomances, and draft busts.

So for anyone to believe anything the media is reporting is just stupid. Not many Dolphin fans were believeing that Miami was a SB contender most thought with a healthy Daunte and a top 5 defense we would make the playoffs....not unreasonable. Well we had the top 5 defense, but a lot of injuries to the Oline and QB position only proves that what the media predicted did not come true because of injuries. It happens every year. Every report I read last year in the sports world had the Saints and Jets doing little if anything, yet two first year coaches with new systems had great seasons, it's just the way it is and why they play the game cause predictions in April have little if any meaning in December.

I dont say this often to you, but great post.

Agree almost 100%, thats why they play the games.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I did. It didn't say anything much. You haven't addressed what was then the cause of Culpeppers' 7 sacks when we played you or how Joey ended up with a 0.0 rating?

Don't get me wrong, I hope your FO feels like you do and does nothing about it. But right now, I'm thinking the Oline is your weakest link followed by your secondary. The QB situation could become your weakest link if you don't get Culpepper back and/or if you can't make a trade for Trent. But I'm thinking either one of those or both will happen. And I don't think Culpepper is bad, but I don't think he's going to be able to carry your team either with your current Oline...well I said they protected Joey fine and you brought up Culpepper. Perhaps taking a look at games other than the two against you guys and you would see my point.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
it's not the same ol and the same system.Neither is yours so what exactly is the point. We dumped dead weight, added a couple depth guys and will surely draft a one or 2 guys.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Neither is yours so what exactly is the point. We dumped dead weight, added a couple depth guys and will surely draft a one or 2 guys.

. I wasn't talking about the bills ,just the OL that protected Joey. It's not there anymore.

LtFinFan66
04-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Not all of it is gone as far as I know. Hell to be honest, I lost track.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Hell to be honest, I lost track. I knew you were a closet bills fan.

!Papacrunk!
04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Well at least the good thing it that Coach Cameron and Hudson Houck have the experience of re-tooling a bad line. In 2003 the Chargers went 4-12 with a glaring need to repair the o-line, the next season the Chargers had quite a success from a line that consisted of two rookies and a 3rd year player to boot. Granted doing something like that may be a hard thing to do again, but it shows that it's not impossible, nor a hopeless situation.

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I can't wait for Culpepper to return to form like FTP has been predicting for 2 years.

I can't wait till JP becomes more then just a below Avg QB like most Bill have been predicting since he was drafted in the first round, although I doubt anyone will ever see that. BTW Genius.....Daunte's only been a fin for one year, so how could I be predicting he would return to form for two years??

G. Host
04-17-2007, 08:12 PM
What about the Oline? Who's going to protect for the QB? Seems to me like even if you got Peyton Manning in there...with no one to protect him, he'd have a hard enough time just surviving - much less trying to be crisp on passes...the one good thing for you guys is that the draft has some good quality guards that you should be able to grab even in the 3rd rd or so...

They are going to need a QB who can take a hit - they ought to coax Bledsoe out of retirement. He can at least stand in until whatever rookie QB is ready to kick him out of the job.