Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami falling apart

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Miami falling apart

I was in Miami this weekend and the sports articles in the Herald were all very Jerry Sullivan-esque. They were all doom and gloom for the Dolphins. Unlike Sully's critique on Ryan Miller, they were actually point on. They focused on the hopeless situation the QB situation really is and how they feel they got George W'd with the status on Culpepper's 2nd knee surgery in November. They are annoyed that its not simply the QB position that has turmoil, but almost every key position that has some level of ambiguity to it. It's quite ugly and those in Miami seem to be confessing next year is going to be pretty horrible.

I wonder why the Miami fans that venture onto this board aren't so easy to accept the truth of their situation and continue to write "Bills worst in the East." FeelthePain, any response?

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Miami falling apart

Will FTP accept this as fact or will he spin it into a delusional world conquest for the Fins?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Question Re: Miami falling apart

The ultimate question is what QB will they get NEXT year that's either too old or injured? Maybe the prototype is an old, busted up signal caller!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    Will FTP accept this as fact or will he spin it into a delusional world conquest for the Fins?
    NO, if you ask him the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl just like Peter King said last year.

But then again, his family does follow the Redskins so he would know.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If they can get some sort of QB in there who can manage the game, they won't be as bad as you make it seem

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    If they can get some sort of QB in there who can manage the game, they won't be as bad as you make it seem
    If they get Green they will be fine in the short term, if not, they will be hurtin this season.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What about the Oline? Who's going to protect for the QB? Seems to me like even if you got Peyton Manning in there...with no one to protect him, he'd have a hard enough time just surviving - much less trying to be crisp on passes...the one good thing for you guys is that the draft has some good quality guards that you should be able to grab even in the 3rd rd or so...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The o-line protected Joey just fine last year. They will be ok....not great but ok

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If they don't help out their OL, it won't matter who plays QB. Right now, you have guys like Anthony Alabi, Chris Liwienski and Joe Toledo at the top of the depth chart. That is the biggest issue they will have to deal with.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They will be fine on the O-line. They were fine last year once Joey was in there

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The o-line protected Joey just fine last year. They will be ok....not great but ok
    Really??? Is that why Culpepper was struggled all day against us when we had...what? 7 sacks or so? And is that why Joey had a 0.0 rating against us??? Seems to me like he was being rushed and harassed all game...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Read my post and get back with me

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus
    I was in Miami this weekend and the sports articles in the Herald were all very Jerry Sullivan-esque. They were all doom and gloom for the Dolphins. Unlike Sully's critique on Ryan Miller, they were actually point on. They focused on the hopeless situation the QB situation really is and how they feel they got George W'd with the status on Culpepper's 2nd knee surgery in November. They are annoyed that its not simply the QB position that has turmoil, but almost every key position that has some level of ambiguity to it. It's quite ugly and those in Miami seem to be confessing next year is going to be pretty horrible.

I wonder why the Miami fans that venture onto this board aren't so easy to accept the truth of their situation and continue to write "Bills worst in the East." FeelthePain, any response?
    Yeah, but you didn't believe the SB hype last year about the Dolphins, this Bill fans believe, typical!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    If they don't help out their OL, it won't matter who plays QB. Right now, you have guys like Anthony Alabi, Chris Liwienski and Joe Toledo at the top of the depth chart. That is the biggest issue they will have to deal with.
    Well why don't we wait till the season starts before we live off the If word! Cause we could say "If" Daunte returns to his 2004 form....but we don't know that yet do we?

Administrator Emeritus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    Yeah, but you didn't believe the SB hype last year about the Dolphins, this Bill fans believe, typical!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Exclamation Re: Miami falling apart

As much as The Answer loathes The Dolfellon organization - it's a very dangerous mistake to write them off in 2007.

Despite their glaring holes - they did finish 9-7 in 2005 including 6 straight wins, and last year they made a good run mid season after a horrid start with Suckpepper.

They have always been a great defense, consistently ranking in the upper half of the league and they do have some talent whether we want to admit it or not.

Now does The Answer expect them to be a superbowl team in 2007? - Absolutely not. But they are the only team in the AFC East that consisently beats the Patriots and shuts down Tom Brady and if they get some consistence on offense they will win some games and cause problems.

Obviously Cam Cameron knows offense and luckily we still have their number for now. Plus it will take time to clean up Savior Saban's mess and until they get rid of Moolarkey chances are they will still be a mediorce team at best.

But don't sell the porpoise short regardless....

~The Answer

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JJamezz
    That's how I feel about Bill fans!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This post does nothing but insight fans into TOS violations and it should be moved. "Sarcasm high."

My thread accurately pointed out facts about the QB situation and it gets moved to the smack zone. This one is pure hear say and it's treated like gospel?

This place is confusing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=124623

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Read my post and get back with me
    I did. It didn't say anything much. You haven't addressed what was then the cause of Culpeppers' 7 sacks when we played you or how Joey ended up with a 0.0 rating?

Don't get me wrong, I hope your FO feels like you do and does nothing about it. But right now, I'm thinking the Oline is your weakest link followed by your secondary. The QB situation could become your weakest link if you don't get Culpepper back and/or if you can't make a trade for Trent. But I'm thinking either one of those or both will happen. And I don't think Culpepper is bad, but I don't think he's going to be able to carry your team either with your current Oline...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    As much as The Answer loathes The Dolfellon organization - it's a very dangerous mistake to write them off in 2007.

Despite their glaring holes - they did finish 9-7 in 2005 including 6 straight wins, and last year they made a good run mid season after a horrid start with Suckpepper.

They have always been a great defense, consistently ranking in the upper half of the league and they do have some talent whether we want to admit it or not.

Now does The Answer expect them to be a superbowl team in 2007? - Absolutely not. But they are the only team in the AFC East that consisently beats the Patriots and shuts down Tom Brady and if they get some consistence on offense they will win some games and cause problems.

Obviously Cam Cameron knows offense and luckily we still have their number for now. Plus it will take time to clean up Savior Saban's mess and until they get rid of Moolarkey chances are they will still be a mediorce team at best.

But don't sell the porpoise short regardless....

~The Answer
    I don't think they are going to be able to study Brady's audibles this year and get another easy win by having "inside" knowledge...let's see how they fare against the Patriots this year. I'm thinking the Pats are going to want revenge and will likely get it!