PDA

View Full Version : WTF going on? Now Kiper has us taking David Harris 12th?????

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Dave Ithaca,NY: Mel has the Bills taking David Harris with the 12th pick in the first round? Is this possible?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Todd McShay : (1:14 PM ET ) It's definitely a reach, but I understand where Mel's going with the pick. I was stuck at No. 12 doing my last mock draft and was tempted to put in a different LB much higher than his value, especially after how high they took John McCargo a year ago. At the end of the day, I think Harris's highest point will be No. 24 to the Patriots. The problem is, if both the cornerbacks (Hall and Revis) and ILB Patrick Willis are off the board at No. 12, the Bills are stuck. The best value might be Amobi Okoye, but they drafted McCargo in the first round last year and they traded for Darwin Walker in the offseason.

=====================================================
David Harris?? 12th overall?? If I was Redd Foxx, I"d be joining Elizabeth right now because the "big one" is coming.

jamesiscool
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
not happening at 12. no way.

Ed
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
If Mel Kiper is predicting it, I'm sure it won't happen now. Does he ever get our pick right?

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I cant see that being humanly possible. We're supposed to use the 12th pick on the 12th best player, not the 12th best linebacker.

Ok that was sarcasm.. But I've never seen Harris ranked higher than 5th or 6th on ANY "expert's" chart.. Dont get me wrong I like him.. But he's like end of first/early second projections EVERYWHERE.

This is the ONE thing I just CANNOT see happening.. Unlike most here, I actually like Kiper.. but he's flippin CRAZY

Michael82
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
The ESPN interactive mock draft has us taking.......

<TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">12. Bills</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=416>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/buf.gifLeon Hall (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2007&id=10731), CB, Michigan
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Where's Marshawn Lynch (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2007&id=11409)? He'll go a little later. Dick Jauron would prefer Willis here, but he's gone. Jauron believes enough in Anthony Thomas to pass on Lynch and get a running back in the second round. They lost Nate Clements to free agnecy, so Hall fills a need at cornerback. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:puke:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2848586

shelby
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
:calm:
Remember, y'all, Marv is an evil :curse:ing genius. Have faith.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
The ESPN interactive mock draft has us taking.......

<TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">12. Bills</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=416>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/buf.gifLeon Hall (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2007&id=10731), CB, Michigan
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Where's Marshawn Lynch (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2007&id=11409)? He'll go a little later. Dick Jauron would prefer Willis here, but he's gone. Jauron believes enough in Anthony Thomas to pass on Lynch and get a running back in the second round. They lost Nate Clements to free agnecy, so Hall fills a need at cornerback.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:puke:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2848586
I need alcohol... This day is getting very ugly

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
That's what a lot of people said about Whitner at eight.

EDS
04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Dave Ithaca,NY: Mel has the Bills taking David Harris with the 12th pick in the first round? Is this possible?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Todd McShay : (1:14 PM ET ) It's definitely a reach, but I understand where Mel's going with the pick. I was stuck at No. 12 doing my last mock draft and was tempted to put in a different LB much higher than his value, especially after how high they took John McCargo a year ago. At the end of the day, I think Harris's highest point will be No. 24 to the Patriots. The problem is, if both the cornerbacks (Hall and Revis) and ILB Patrick Willis are off the board at No. 12, the Bills are stuck. The best value might be Amobi Okoye, but they drafted McCargo in the first round last year and they traded for Darwin Walker in the offseason.

=====================================================
David Harris?? 12th overall?? If I was Redd Foxx, I"d be joining Elizabeth right now because the "big one" is coming.

I predicted this earlier today.

Apparently the guys at ESPN all think this Harris is the pick.

mayotm
04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I need alcohol... This day is getting very uglyTake it easy. It's just another mock draft. You have all day Saturday and Sunday to get bent out of shape.

Saratoga Slim
04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Why is NO ONE mentioning Beason at 12 in the past couple days? Absolutely everything you read about the guy makes him look like a great fit for the Cover-2 defense. He may not be a peace corps volunteer, but he's a fiery competitor and was a leader of the miami defense last year. Even if the Bills don't end up taking him, you'd think some of these commentators would see him as a natural fit here.

I'm trying hard not to get worked up about anything today. we've all got to remember that the day before the draft the wires are chock full of misdirection, smokescreens, and outright lies. deep breath.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Why is NO ONE mentioning Beason at 12 in the past couple days? Absolutely everything you read about the guy makes him look like a great fit for the Cover-2 defense. He may not be a peace corps volunteer, but he's a fiery competitor and was a leader of the miami defense last year. Even if the Bills don't end up taking him, you'd think some of these commentators would see him as a natural fit here.

I'm trying hard not to get worked up about anything today. we've all got to remember that the day before the draft the wires are chock full of misdirection, smokescreens, and outright lies. deep breath.
I've been wondering the same thing. Beason seems like the perfect fit for this defense and our team. I really would be surprised if we take another LB over him.

madness
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
:calm:
Remember, y'all, Marv is an evil :curse:ing genius. Have faith.

I really can't ****ing believe he curses that ****ing much. I ****ing bet you, though, that ****ing, dirty old man is an evil :hump:ing genius. No wait, why the **** would he :hump: genii? Damn it, I ****ing give up. Holy ****ing ****! You meant evil ****ing genius! Well, why didn't you ****ing say so in the ****ing first place?

Sorry, the ****ing anticipation of this ****ing draft is making go ****ing bananas!

I ****ing love ****ing filters. :evil:

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Harris it is baby!!!

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Even GOD (Mayock) doesnt have David Harris with even a FIRST ROUND grade, let alone the 12th overall pick.

He's ranked 34th by Mayock.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10121765

Saratoga Slim
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
If Harris is this year's Demeco Ryans, I'll be happy with the pick by mid season. But it'll be kind of a "huh?" pick tomorrow. Unless we are absolutely unable to trade down, I'd be kinda iffy on that one--even though I trust the FO to evaluate talent--as it really looks to me like we could get him in the low 20s pretty easy.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Dudes.. If Wilis and AP are gone they HAVE to trade down.

Almost every guy discussed can be had in the 20's let alone mid teens.. not to mention the extra day one picks gives more ammo for a Michael Turner trade..

Someone will want to move up for one of the corners or a Wide Receiver at our spot, I just know it.

The only no brainer right now is we need to be active with trades tommorow.

mayotm
04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Please keep in mind that we have to have a partner to trade down. Everybody seems to assume that there are a ton of opportunites to trade down. Seems to me there are a lot of teams looking to trade down, but not as many looking to trade up.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Please keep in mind that we have to have a partner to trade down. Everybody seems to assume that there are a ton of opportunites to trade down. Seems to me there are a lot of teams looking to trade down, but not as many looking to trade up.
I think a team that could become a suitable partner for Buffalo that nobody is talking about is the NY Giants.

Im sure they'd love to get their hands on one of the top 2 CBs.. Pick 20 woudl be IDEAL for us as a Beason, Pos or David Harris fits much nicer there.

We can then either trade for Turner with that extra day one pick, or we can simply stand pat and pick up more good players......... We can even put together a trade like last year on draft day, get back into the late first round and this time STILL have a second.

I think the Giants may come into play..

kernowboy
04-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Harris has zero upside. He is simply not a first rounder. Period

TedMock
04-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Harris is the 2nd best inside linebacker and the hardest hitter in the draft. I agree that 12 is too high though. Most of the better LB's this year are outside guys. Harris would be a good 2nd round pick and a solid 1st rounder if picked below 20.

mayotm
04-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I think a team that could become a suitable partner for Buffalo that nobody is talking about is the NY Giants.

Im sure they'd love to get their hands on one of the top 2 CBs.. Pick 20 woudl be IDEAL for us as a Beason, Pos or David Harris fits much nicer there.

We can then either trade for Turner with that extra day one pick, or we can simply stand pat and pick up more good players......... We can even put together a trade like last year on draft day, get back into the late first round and this time STILL have a second.

I think the Giants may come into play..I agree that based on the information that we have as fans, it appears that Beason, Pos and Harris would be available at 20. However, if the Bills draft somebody at 12 that is perceived as a reach, people are going to go nuts. My point is that we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. Maybe the Bills have a player rated higher than the "experts". Perhaps they attempt to trade down, but couldn't work something out. As fans, we simply don't know. Last year's draft was highly crticized by most. As it turns out, it was decent. Maybe not as great as some would like to think, but decent. Decent could be exceptional if Youboty and McCargo pan out. All the grades and opinions (positive or negative) given out this weekend don't mean a damn thing. We won't know anything until the guys drafted play.

Slim
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
This is almost tooo crazy. Thats so crazy that im afraid Kiper got a tip, and thats the reason he has Harris down at 12.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2007, 02:32 PM

That is what we all said with Whitner at 8 last year.

jamze132
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Dude, Kiper get's just about every pick wrong since he is quite possibly the dumbest guy some of us have to endure tomorrow.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Guys The Bills draft guide for this site last year had Whitner as a second or third rounder and he turned out to be a playa! Stop whining. If Marv wants Harris so do I!

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Guys The Bills draft guide for this site last year had Whitner as a second or third rounder and he turned out to be a playa! Stop whining. If Marv wants Harris so do I!Form your own opinion, Marv aint paying your salary!!

The Answer
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Brace yourself Neggie - it's going to be a wild ride and things could get very ugly tomorrow...

~The Answer

Night Train
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I like David Harris.

It's probably just a rumor but if it came true, I'd be fine with it. The Bills stated they may go outside the Cover 2 plan to get bigger up the middle and stop the run. Starts instantly at MLB and moves Crowell back outside.

Then it's on to finding a RB and filling other needs.

"... BUT,BUT,BUT he's not ALL-UNIVERSE WILLIS ! "

" VALUE,VALUE,VALUE !!! "

(Yawn)

HAMMER
04-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I like David Harris.

It's probably just a rumor but if it came true, I'd be fine with it. The Bills stated they may go outside the Cover 2 plan to get bigger up the middle and stop the run. Starts instantly at MLB and moves Crowell back outside.

Then it's on to finding a RB and filling other needs.

"... BUT,BUT,BUT he's not ALL-UNIVERSE WILLIS ! "

" VALUE,VALUE,VALUE !!! "

(Yawn)

Don't be surprised if Branch is the pick.

ublinkwescore
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM

Hold off on punishing your liver until around tomorrow like at 10 am.

Dozerdog
04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
A few years back he nailed both Parrish and Everett in rds 2 & 3 respectively

Jeff1220
04-27-2007, 08:50 PM
A few years back he nailed both Parrish and Everett in rds 2 & 3 respectively

But that was back when TD was GM and Pres and spoonfeeding his ESPN buddies inside info.

The Spaz
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I will ****ing puke all over myself if it is Harris!!!:puke::mad:

Dozerdog
04-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Guys The Bills draft guide for this site last year had Whitner as a second or third rounder and he turned out to be a playa! Stop whining. If Marv wants Harris so do I!Don't remind me! :mad:

SABURZFAN
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
kiper is smoking crack if he thinks we take harris at #12.