PDA

View Full Version : If this team goes 6-10

Bills232
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
That would make Losman 12-26 career as a starter in the NFL...

I like JP, but I just don't know if this guy is a winner...

I think I started to worry about this during the Tennessee game on Christmas..

JP played great, but just couldn't lead this team to win @ home

evol4276
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
he couldnt lead the team to win because the d could not stop the damn run and lindell didnt wanna kick a 40-some fg in a gust of win to try and win the game. jp got them in fg range thinking they were gunna kick a fg, but when they got down there, he realized there was only 1 play left and he had to do something.. which is hard to do with a chock-full of wr's that are less than 6' tall. but i do agree tho if he has a bad year (not even record-wise, just if he shows a significant downgrade from last year) then we definately have to think about another option. I am not saying we shuld get rid of him still, but we may wanna pay more attention to our other qbs or others if such shuld go down that way.

Tatonka
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM
the short answer.. no.

the long answer.. this team will not have a record that bad based on losmans performance only.. just like his career record is not due to only him..

Michael82
05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
the short answer.. no.

the long answer.. this team will not have a record that bad based on losmans performance only.. just like his career record is not due to only him..
:hi5:

Devin
05-09-2007, 01:00 AM
What if we have only 6 wins but JP has tossed 3500 yards and 25 TD's/10 INTS?

In the above scenario do we dump our entire defense?

Tatonka
05-09-2007, 01:15 AM
devin.. i think that is about where his stats will be actually.. but unless the team wins, people will cry about him.

tat2dmike77
05-09-2007, 02:28 AM
If the team goes 6-10 then i will do absolutly nothing except wait for the next season and root for the bills again.

Jesus why is it every day a new thread is started about how the team is gonna suck blah blah. No looking up i swear some people (not directed at the thread starter) would still find something to whine about if the bills won the super bowl (enter pat moron). Whatever happened to lets wait and see the team play first and then judge them.

Oh but i forgot. Now with the internet and all everyone is an expert. Well i'm not i'm a fan and as a fan i say the bills are gonna kick ass this year. Ofcourse i have been saying that every year since 84 but hey i'm a fan nothing more.

jamze132
05-09-2007, 04:02 AM
I think if we lose 10 games, JP will be the last person to blame. It will be mroe of a defensive meltdown than anything but I doubt we will lose 10 games anyways.

X-Era
05-09-2007, 07:01 AM

I love it when despised posters just get a new handle.

The answer is only in your mind, but he was never "in" in your mind either so it doesnt matter.

X-Era
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
he couldnt lead the team to win because the d could not stop the damn run and lindell didnt wanna kick a 40-some fg in a gust of win to try and win the game. jp got them in fg range thinking they were gunna kick a fg, but when they got down there, he realized there was only 1 play left and he had to do something.. which is hard to do with a chock-full of wr's that are less than 6' tall. but i do agree tho if he has a bad year (not even record-wise, just if he shows a significant downgrade from last year) then we definately have to think about another option. I am not saying we shuld get rid of him still, but we may wanna pay more attention to our other qbs or others if such shuld go down that way.

Here we are having to hash the same crap over and over.

Anyone who thinks JP either solely caused us to win or lose is a fool. Its a team game, always has been, always will be. A smart person once said, dont argue with fools.

If you look just at the QB position and dont try to attach record to JP, hes a good young QB who could easily become a solid starter who can be counted on to do his part to win games.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I know it wasn't a home game, but it should be more impressive on the road when he led us back against Houston, do you remember that performance? Him and Lee Evans were just nasty in that game. That to me was the game when people like you should have realized that he is a winner and has that capability to lead a team to victory in the 2 minute drill.

Tatonka
05-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I love it when despised posters just get a new handle.

The answer is only in your mind, but he was never "in" in your mind either so it doesnt matter.

who is it your referring to?

M
05-09-2007, 07:39 AM
If the team goes 6-10 then i will do absolutly nothing except wait for the next season and root for the bills again.

:clap: Me too.

TacklingDummy
05-09-2007, 07:52 AM

It depends.

If it's like last year when the Bills could have won 5-6 more games with just better QBing, than yes.

If it's because JP played well and the Defense was terrible, than no.

Ebenezer
05-09-2007, 07:54 AM
devin.. i think that is about where his stats will be actually.. but unless the team wins, people will cry about him.
who stole 'tonk's password?? :eek:

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
It depends.

If it's like last year when the Bills could have won 5-6 more games with just better QBing, than yes.

lol!

That old shot down line is still true to you, isn't it?

While partially true, you leave out that it was not the biggest factor in those games. To say that team, with the running game it had could have won 12 or 13 games is stupid. The Bills were not the best team in the NFL even with Brady or Manning at QB.

Pinkerton Security
05-09-2007, 08:00 AM
lol!

While partially true, you leave out that it was not the biggest factor in those games. To say that team, with the running game it had could have won 12 or 13 games is stupid. The Bills were not the best team in the NFL even with Brady or Manning at QB.

But what if we had Manning AND Brady????:dance:

Bulldog
05-09-2007, 08:04 AM
It depends.

Please tell me the other 5 or 6 games Buffalo could have won with better play from the QB. And specifically note how Losman cost Buffalo each of those games. I'm not saying Losman doesn't have any blame in some of the loses, but to put 5 or 6 of them on him alone is just stupid. To think last years team was capable of winning 12 or 13 games is just crazy talk.

TacklingDummy
05-09-2007, 08:08 AM
lol!

With the running game the Bills had they still could have won the 1st Pats game, Jets, Lions, Colts, Chargers, Tenn, and Ravens if the QB would have stepped up his play.

TacklingDummy
05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Please tell me the other 5 or 6 games Buffalo could have won with better play from the QB. And specifically note how Losman cost Buffalo each of those games. I'm not saying Losman doesn't have any blame in some of the loses, but to put 5 or 6 of them on him alone is just stupid. To think last years team was capable of winning 12 or 13 games is just crazy talk.

Ravens
1st Pats
Jets
Titians
CHargers
Colts
Lions

And im not saying JP is the only reason we lost. Because he wasn't.

Bulldog
05-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Ravens
1st Pats
Jets
Titians
CHargers
Colts
Lions

And im not saying JP is the only reason we lost. Because he wasn't.

Yes you did. You said with better play from the QB that Buffalo could have won 5 to 6 more games. If that's not pinning the losses on the QB position(Losman) then I don't know what is. I could easily make the argument that if Buffalo had a defense that could actually stop somebody in the 4th quarter, they could have finished at least three games better and made the playoffs.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
There are too many things that go into a loss to pin it on one player.

If Losman finishes the season with 3,000 yards/ 12 TD's/ 32 INT's then yeah it's time to move on, but if he can better his numbers from last year then why get rid of the guy?

We have got to get some help from the running game. TD we might have still come close to beating all those teams despite the running game but had we had a running game we would have actually won those games.

TacklingDummy
05-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes you did. You said with better play from the QB that Buffalo could have won 5 to 6 more games. If that's not pinning the losses on the QB position(Losman) then I don't know what is. I could easily make the argument that if Buffalo had a defense that could actually stop somebody in the 4th quarter, they could have finished at least three games better and made the playoffs.

Yes, I said the Bills could have won more games if just the QB stepped up his play.

And no that's not pinning the loss just on him. There's other's reasons why the Bills lost.

The thing is with all the other reasons the Bills lost those games they still had a chance to win all of them if just the QB position produced more.

This is an old argument. One I've been trying to stay away from. I hate to see the summer go by so fast but I can't wait for football to start.

Earthquake Enyart
05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
To me, if they don't extend his contract this off season, that would be very telling.

Bulldog
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
The thing is with all the other reasons the Bills lost those games they still had a chance to win all of them if just the QB position produced more.

And my only point was that the same can be said for several positions, with the rush defense and running game being two of the biggest factors. I think the running game will excel this year with Lynch and the additions to the o-line, but I can't say the same about the run defense. I still think Buffalo will struggle to stop the run, and just as it was last year, that's a major problem to have.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 08:46 AM
To me, if they don't extend his contract this off season, that would be very telling.
At this point I would be against it. I still want him to improve a bit more.

Evans is priority number one.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Not IF, but WHEN the Bills have another losing season, I think the we have to at least look at the QB as a factor. Stats mean nothing if you don't win. If your QB throws an interception at a key moment, floats a pass in the end zone, overthrows an open receiver etc....then yes your QB can have a good season statistically and still be a major reason why you lose. Now, maybe Losman will be more of a positive impact on the team, and they lose in spite of him making winning plays....we just won't know until January.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-09-2007, 09:02 AM

We probably keep Schobel and Kelsay/Denney as well as our LB corps but we get rid of the rest. Ignore the guy who started this thread he's the troll formerly known as Northwesternfan and this is :spam:

DraftBoy
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM

I agree and I still am not convinced that Marv is sold on this kid. Bringing in Nall last season and saying he will compete for the starting job and then drafting a 3rd Round QB, who I dont care what any of you say he was not drafted to be backup and trade bait.

If we go 6-10 I highly doubt it will be Losman's fault, but I also wouldnt be shocked if the team used him as the scape goat. I think he's going to have numbers around 3000 yards, 18TD/13 INT. Which arent bad numbers by any means however for a franchise that used to having not only a leader at QB but also a difference maker its going to leave alot to be desired.

I like Losman, and he's growing on me, but I do question with the moves made and also not made how much the staff believes in him.

Earthquake Enyart
05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I like Losman, and he's growing on me, but I do question with the moves made and also not made how much the staff believes in him.
That's the whole point. If anything, they seemed to coddle him in training camp, getting him to "win" the QB competition.

He was starting to grow on me too, but I can't say I'm 100% sold.

Knowing our luck, he'll have a great year and skate off into free agency.

ddaryl
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
It takes years for most NFL QB's to get to a level of stability and consistency. JP improved from his 1st year to his 2nd... All I want to see is that coninued improvement.

As long as JP is getting better and not regressing then there is no chance of JP being relieved IMO.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
The obvious answer, which many have touched on, is that it would depend on how we lost those hypothetical games. If our failures were due in large part to JP, we would look at the QB position. If we were primarily lacking in another area or two, we would address them.

If it's a combination of many things, it will be another long offseason.

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM

I think there is a better chance you're 6-10 due to JP, then it is you're 6-10 because of everything but JP and his 3500 yards, 25 td's and 10 int's. See, Bill fans want so badly to hitch they wagons...no pun intended, to a winning QB that they'll overlook anything to give themselves hope.

JP improved towards the end of last year, but not nearly enough for Bill fans to think he could even come close to Tom Brady or Carson Palmer numbers, especially with the lack of talent and schedule you have this coming season. I think if anything, JP has pretty much the same kinda season this year that he had last year and if he does, you should consider that a successful season.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I think there is a better chance you're 6-10 due to JP, then it is you're 6-10 because of everything but JP and his 3500 yards, 25 td's and 10 int's. See, Bill fans want so badly to hitch they wagons...no pun intended, to a winning QB that they'll overlook anything to give themselves hope.

JP improved towards the end of last year, but not nearly enough for Bill fans to think he could even come close to Tom Brady or Carson Palmer numbers, especially with the lack of talent and schedule you have this coming season. I think if anything, JP has pretty much the same kinda season this year that he had last year and if he does, you should consider that a successful season.
Good luck with Cleo Lemon, John Beck and whomever else you can scrounge up at QB. You'd love to have a QB with HALF of JP's ability.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM

0-2

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Good luck with Cleo Lemon, John Beck and whomever else you can scrounge up at QB. You'd love to have a QB with HALF of JP's ability.

Ha ha, that's frikin laughable, I'd compare Lemon favorably with JP. Beck we'll just have to wait and see. However we still have Daunte and he will participate in the next mini camp and he is close to healthy again, if you think JP could even come close to Daunte's talent your clearly not an educated football fan. Oh and we could still get that Dinosaur Trent Green, who at 37 is still 10 times the QB JP is.

KMA
05-09-2007, 02:15 PM
the short answer.. no.

Under Johnson he was 9-10 and had better than a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio up until his last season with us and everyone blamed him for everything. He had good numbers until 2001. That's what happens with QBs. It will happen again if JP doesn't get the job done.

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Ha ha, that's frikin laughable, I'd compare Lemon favorably with JP. Beck we'll just have to wait and see. However we still have Daunte and he will participate in the next mini camp and he is close to healthy again, if you think JP could even come close to Daunte's talent your clearly not an educated football fan. Oh and we could still get that Dinosaur Trent Green, who at 37 is still 10 times the QB JP is.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c40747-14.jpg

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
You questioning anyone's football knowledge is the funniest thing I have heard all freaking day. Just great.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
You would probably favorably compare a turd to a filet mignon, too.

Oh, and I've been watching football since the days of Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin, Johnny Unitas and Fran Tarkenton. But I couldn't possibly be as astute as you.

raphael120
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM

And im sure it was JP's fault that 1. Royal can't keep both feet in bounds in the endzone
and 2. Royal cant catch a jump ball

And 3. out defense let vince young take the lead before going into halftime on a 30 yard scamper into the end zone.

dude, iw as at that game, and not once do i recall myself saying "dammit JP, you suck"

it was more like, damn it defense, you got to be kidding me!

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Oh, and I've been watching football since the days of Otto Graham, Norm Van Brocklin, Johnny Unitas and Fran Tarkenton. But I couldn't possibly be as astute as you.
Hey, do you have family members who follow the Redskins? No? I didn't think so, what do you know about football?

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Haha! You guys are trying to talk football with FTP? He is laughed at on FH and got banned from Phinzmania for being mentally challenged.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Haha! You guys are trying to talk football with FTP? He is laughed at on FH and got banned from Phinzmania for being mentally challenged.
What do you know person who has no family members who are Redskin fans!

TigerJ
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
The majority answer (I thinkk) is what seems obvious to me. If Losman plays well and the team loses because of other reasons, he's safe. If Losman plays poorly, he could be in danger. I expect he will play well.

Tatonka
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
who stole 'tonk's password?? :eek:

i dont think those numbers are that unreasonable.. that is 500 more yards passing.. 6 more tds.. and ints the same..

why is that crazy?

seems like natural progression to me.

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM

No, but I would compare JP to a turd.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I would too if he owned my team.

The Answer
05-09-2007, 06:11 PM

The Answer isn't ready to give up on JP - and there's a good chance that we will finish no better than 8-8 in 2007. Regardless of the record it's important that JP has a better season than last year and shows progress - and with a revamped oline and running game that shouldn't be a problem. In fact you might see a team similar to the 2002 squad - lots of offense and points, but a horrible defense that gives up just as much.

Make no mistake about it - Trent 'The Young Gun' Edwards will be breathing down his neck this summer.

~The Answer

happyspermwhale
05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Losman cost this team a lot of games last year being the turnover machine that he is.

He played pretty bad in the 2nd half of the season and if it continues look for him to get benched by week 6 to make way for Edwards.

SABURZFAN
05-09-2007, 09:30 PM

he would be 14-26.

get it right if you're going to spew crap.

PromoTheRobot
05-09-2007, 10:25 PM

I guess JP should have tackled Vince Young before he scrambled into the end zone. So putting up 29 points isn't enough? Ya' think that maybe if someone bothered to tackle Vince Young we would have won that game? Geez!

JP is the Bills QB. He would have to serious regress to lose the job, which won't happen. The only scenario I could see is if JP were injured and Trent Edwards (or Nall for that matter) led the Bills to a Super Bowl. Then I'd think you'd have QB controversy. Beyond that, it ain't gonna happen.

PTR

BILLSROCK1212
05-09-2007, 10:32 PM

JP played great, but just couldn't lead this team to win @ homei dont believe it will be the end of JP but I believe that Trent Edwards and Craig Nall would be competing with him for the job in camp and i think we will add another target (WR,TE) or two for 2008-2009

Mr. Cynical
05-10-2007, 01:44 AM

Going into the 2007 season, the "winners" of the longest (current) playoff droughts are:

Browns: 9
Lions: 9
Cards: 8
Bills: 7

If we go 6-10 next year that will be 8 consecutive non-playoff seasons and probably keep us firmly in 4th "best" place on a list I have no desire to be on.

IMO, if we go 6-10, then the blame goes right on Marv's shoulders. He hired Dick, and he hired the coaching staff. In this day and age you get 3 years to prove yourself so we'll see. But 6-10 would definitely be strike 2.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM
That's because you don't know s**t.

feelthepain
05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
That's because you don't know s**t.

And you know to much about "s**t"!!!

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Going into the 2007 season, the "winners" of the longest (current) playoff droughts are:

If we go 6-10 next year that will be 8 consecutive non-playoff seasons and probably keep us firmly in 4th "best" place on a list I have no desire to be on.

IMO, if we go 6-10, then the blame goes right on Marv's shoulders. He hired Dick, and he hired the coaching staff. In this day and age you get 3 years to prove yourself so we'll see. But 6-10 would definitely be strike 2.
You're wrong about the Browns. Cleveland made the playoffs in 2002, losing that wildcard in a shootout when Holcomb was the QB.

Maybe you meant Houston? Regardless, being at the same level CONSISTENTLY with Houston, Arizona and Detroit is about as bad as it gets.

Philagape
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Losman cost this team a lot of games last year being the turnover machine that he is.

He played pretty bad in the 2nd half of the season and if it continues look for him to get benched by week 6 to make way for Edwards.

How's the weather on your planet?

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Losman's not in trouble; but if the Bills are bad again this year, his leash may get a lot shorter for 2008.

Right now, he's one of the few hopes we have on this team.

tat2dmike77
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

Are you refering to the madden video game? Or are you just watching a totally different game then me?

Generalissimus Gibby
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Hate to break this to you, but the Brownies made it to the post season in 2002. They lost in a thriller at Pittsburgh.

Mr. Cynical
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Hate to break this to you, but the Brownies made it to the post season in 2002. They lost in a thriller at Pittsburgh.

Ok. So that means we're #3 worst, not #4. Thanks for the update.