View Full Version : JP Losman is not the Bills future QB

Bills232
05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

All these guys are going to need contract extensions fairly soon...

Say we can only sign three of these guys.. Who do you think gets the axe(assuming they play at the level they have been playing at)..

That's right.. it's JP

Unless Losman turns into a superstar, I really think he is going to be one of the few good starting QB's to leave their team via free agency..

This is why Trent Edwards was drafted... He will sit a year or two, and then try and take Losman's place...

The sad thing is, I doubt the Bills can even sign all three(Schobel, Evans, and Peters) even if Losman leaves..

I think Lee Evans and Jason Peters are the two players this franchise will build around..

dolphan117
05-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Doh!

dolphan117
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys? And why if Losman was playing well you would resign other guys instead of keeping stability at the most important position in football?

Bills232
05-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys?

Because Buffalo just isn't an attractive option for NFL free agents anymore...

We have to overpay our own...

Generalissimus Gibby
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

Say we can only sign three of these guys.. Who do you think gets the axe(assuming they play at the level they have been playing at)..

That's right.. it's JP

Unless Losman turns into a superstar, I really think he is going to be one of the few good starting QB's to leave their team via free agency..

This is why Trent Edwards was drafted... He will sit a year or two, and then try and take Losman's place...

The sad thing is, I doubt the Bills can even sign all three(Schobel, Evans, and Peters) even if Losman leaves..

I think Lee Evans and Jason Peters are the two players this franchise will build around..

Uh actually nobody is up after this season and I have a sneaky suspicion that if JP does well (7-10 wins) 3000-3500 yards, 20-25 tds, 10-15 ints and a pass completion percentage of 65-69 percent that he is going to get a nice long term contract and I know that Sweet Lee is. I think, no I am willing to bet it all that
Schobel, Evans, Peters, and Losman are going to be here for the forseeable future.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Because Buffalo just isn't an attractive option for NFL free agents anymore...

We have to overpay our own...

Really, we got some nice OLs in free agency this year, and some guys on D last year. Stop being ignorant.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys? And why if Losman was playing well you would resign other guys instead of keeping stability at the most important position in football?

are you sure that you're a fish fan? You are a great deal more intelligent than some of them.

Bills232
05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Really, we got some nice OLs in free agency this year, and some guys on D last year. Stop being ignorant.

Ya..... Did you see how much we paid for them?

Nobody was giving Langston or Derrick what the Bills were offering..

camelcowboy
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
we have alot of cap space left it's time the bills start extending some of the young guns.

happyspermwhale
05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

Losman is 8-16 lifetime as a starter and even if by some miracle he improves he will demand a lot of money.

There's a reason why Levy drafted former Stanford standout trent edwards....bye bye losman!

KMA
05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

They may need to restructure Schobel, but he is signed through the season that he is 32. After that we need to let him walk. He's no future, he's the now part of the equation.

Being a speed guy and not a muscle guy he is going to diminish quicker than muscle guys.

raphael120
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
In all seriousness, I was actually thinking the same thing. I was listenin to coach sal's bills podcast (awesome podcast, btw)... and he mentioned about how we drafted and signed ALL 9 rookies last season. And he brought up the fact that the Bills were having salary cap trouble and had to go the cheap route to keep under it. So it's obvious that the Bills CAN be stingy with their money...and the question of if they can resign all that talent is a big question mark, and you can't deny it...
But maybe that IS why they picked Trent Edwards, 1. at all, 2. and a QB that high...
He's an insurance policy, no doubt, but also if 1. JPs play levels off, 2. JP demands alot of money when his contract is up.

But on the same token, who really knows? But the Bills have not been known, as of late, to being privy to resigning their own FA's, especially their GREAT free agents....(i.e. NOT Shaud Willliams, Kelsay, Tim anderson, T. McGee)...Jason peters, one of the few exceptions.

Just my 2 cents...

The Answer
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
It's really hard to say at this point - but don't give up on Losman just yet. He could have a huge season if the oline improves and Lynch brings an explosive running game to the table.

But then again - everything could backfire and Trent "The Young Gun" Edwards may be starting by thankgiving.

~The Answer

YardRat
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I think one of the reasons the team was willing to go with the 'cash to the cap' philosophy this year was the consideration at how well we'll be set up financially to extend both Losman and Evans if both continue to improve.

Down the road, this is going to look like one helluva smart move.

bflojohn
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
The salary structure will be manipulated just as it is in all of the cities across the league. Dockery,Walker, and Kelsay will probably be asked to restructure their contracts for more "up front" monies that will allow the Bills to sign the core players going forward. If the Indianapolis Colts can afford Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Reggie Wayne along with a host of other KEY players, the Bills will be able to do the same. Quit fretting!!!

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Losman is 8-16 lifetime as a starter and even if by some miracle he improves he will demand a lot of money.

There's a reason why Levy drafted former Stanford standout trent edwards....bye bye losman!

you're right about ONE thing, there is a reason we drafted edwards.

that reason is that we only had 2 qbs.

Losman is going to have to take MAJOR steps backward for edwards to see one second one the field this year, except in garbage time (please, lord, let there be some garbage time this year where we're winning!!)

Tatonka
05-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Schobel just resigned 2 years ago for 5 years..

peters just resigned 2 years ago for 5 years..

scratch them off you list of MUST RESIGN NOW.. if they dont like their pay, they can sit out for 3 years and then we will see what they get.

Tatonka
05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
on a side note.. all these ****ing players thinking that they should get reupped and huge raises WELL BEFORE their contracts expire is just stupid.

they signed the best they thought they could get at the time.. live with it..

the contract extension that steve smith just signed is going to **** us royally with evans.. we are looking at 50 million for evans now.. no doubt.

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 07:49 AM
on a side note.. all these ****ing players thinking that they should get reupped and huge raises WELL BEFORE their contracts expire is just stupid.

they signed the best they thought they could get at the time.. live with it..

the contract extension that steve smith just signed is going to **** us royally with evans.. we are looking at 50 million for evans now.. no doubt.

i agree about evans, but if we want to keep him, we're gonna have to do it. The guy can flat out play and even with losing 3 of our "best" players this offseason, I didnt get upset. If we failed to re-sign Evans, It'd be very hard for me to believe that our FO is working in the right direction.

patmoran2006
05-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Congratulations.

You may have just shattered my record for the most "groans" one any one particular post.

Lets say even if you were right with all the players you mentioned (you're not) but say you are. If the issue is money with Losman, it shouldn't. We are in TREMENDOUS salary cap shape and unless our owner truly is a nuthugging scrooge, every single player should be able to be resigned or extended easily. It may prevent us from going out in being major players in the free agent market; but who cares at this point. We're supposedly building a contender from within.

I'll tell you what though. If we start letting our own players walk who are in or entering their prime (Losman, Evans, etc) and just drafting replacements, then all the **** MORT is talking about us will prove to be 100% true.

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Peters signed a extension 2 years ago, he's got like 3 left.

Saratoga Slim
05-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Congratulations.

You may have just shattered my record for the most "groans" one any one particular post.

Lets say even if you were right with all the players you mentioned (you're not) but say you are. If the issue is money with Losman, it shouldn't. We are in TREMENDOUS salary cap shape and unless our owner truly is a nuthugging scrooge, every single player should be able to be resigned or extended easily. It may prevent us from going out in being major players in the free agent market; but who cares at this point. We're supposedly building a contender from within.

I'll tell you what though. If we start letting our own players walk who are in or entering their prime (Losman, Evans, etc) and just drafting replacements, then all the **** MORT is talking about us will prove to be 100% true.

Yeah. I'm not too worried about resigning any of these guys. Kelsay pretty much proves that we're going to do whatever it takes to retain young guys we like.

As for the rest of this post.......Trent Edwards is no more than a blip on the radar at this point. If he ever replaces JP, it'll be because JP isn't playing like an NFL starter.

TigerJ
05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
It's really hard to say at this point - but don't give up on Losman just yet. He could have a huge season if the oline improves and Lynch brings an explosive running game to the table.

But then again - everything could backfire and Trent "The Young Gun" Edwards may be starting by thankgiving.

~The Answer
It's not that Bills232 is giving up on Losman. He has been rooting against him from day one. In fact Bills 232 is probably a new username for someone like Northwestern Fan whose primary practice before he mysteriously disappeared was bashing Losman before. These guys just don't have a clue.

Do the contracts of all these guys run out at the same time. I thought Peters signed a new deal not long ago. I know Losman is signed through 2008. It's too early to worry about that stuff IMHO. Let Marv do that. It's his job.

Wraith
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
You REALLY need to learn the definition of the word "proof."

tat2dmike77
05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

I didn't realize you were the GM now.

tampabay25690
05-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

I wonder why people even would type this....

Why bother typing that!!!!!!!!! ITS B** SH**

Jan Reimers
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Another mindless thread from Bills232. Next time you start a thread, have a point.

Bert102176
05-13-2007, 08:32 AM
do you even watch the games or know anything about the players? or how they do the contracts

SABURZFAN
05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
i'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved out of the Bills Forum.

mikemac2001
05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
someone get rid of this spammer

Yasgur's Farm
05-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Making Strides
JP LOSMAN ISN’T COMFORTABLE AS THE BILLS’ NO. 1 QB-AND THAT’S GOOD
By Dan Galvin
<o:p> </o:p>
LOOKING AT FILM OF JP LOSMAN a year ago, Steve Fairchild could have summed up this thoughts in three words: What a mess. Losman’s footwork was awful, and his passes went every which way. After completing just 49.6% of his throws in 2005, the Bills’ 2004 first-round pick was teetering on bustdom. So, prior to last season, Fairchild, then Buffalo’s new O-coordinator, got Losman to shorten his strides when dropping back, which helped his upper body stay stead. Result: an improved completion percentage (62.5%) and 19 TDs.
Now comes the hard part. While the Bills say they’re committed to the three-year vet, they did draft Stanford QB Trent Edwards in the third round. How will Losman keep Edwards at bay? To get a 3-D view, we asked an AFC scout, Fairchild and Losman himself.
AFC SCOUT “Losman’s accuracy on deep balls is as good as anyone’s in the league. But his short and medium routes need work, and he’s gotta use his check-downs. Another problem is that because of his strong arm, he forces too many throws into coverage. This is a make-or-break year for him.”
FAIRCHILD. “Last year the coaches were new, and we didn’t believe JP was the guy to lead the team. But he thrived when there was competition in camp. Now we have a whole season of him in our offense to study, which makes critiquing him easier. We are drilling him on keeping his shoulders square to the line. The longer you stay square, the less time you give the secondary to read where you’re going. And he’s learning to put touch on the ball. He has one of the league’s strongest arms but needs arc on the ball so he can drop it over linebackers. If he continues to improving, he can be on of the top five QBs in the NFL.”
LOSMAN “Coach and I have watched every snap I took last year. He grills me. He wants to know why I went to my No. 2 target on a specific play. I’ve answered enough questions right that I’ll be able to audible this year. That’s about understanding your personnel and system, and my knowledge on both is greater. I also realize now that I will have to swallow my pride, check down and make the safer throw to my back or tight end. I know there are no excuses this year.”

Generalissimus Gibby
05-14-2007, 07:07 AM
It's not that Bills232 is giving up on Losman. He has been rooting against him from day one. In fact Bills 232 is probably a new username for someone like Northwestern Fan whose primary practice before he mysteriously disappeared was bashing Losman before. These guys just don't have a clue.

Do the contracts of all these guys run out at the same time. I thought Peters signed a new deal not long ago. I know Losman is signed through 2008. It's too early to worry about that stuff IMHO. Let Marv do that. It's his job.

Tiger, the reason you think he looks like NWF is because he is.:rrich: