PDA

View Full Version : Marv on Sirrius, say DiGorgio could beat out Poz for MLB!!!

Pages : [1] 2

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Heard Marv saying they were super high on DiGorgio and that if he continued to impress that they would move Poz over!

No offense but is DiGorgio that impressive or is Poz not picking up things as quickly as people thought he would?

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh God, it is about to start........

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh God, it is about to start........
:couch:

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I would hope that if they're talking about moving Poz over, it means DiGiorgio is doing well and they're trying to get the 3 best LB's on the field as much as possible. If Poz wasn't doing well, they'd be talking about having him as second string.

This is good news and bad news- it's good news that DiGiorgio is stepping up, but it's a scary ****ing prospect that John ****ing DiGiorgio may end up being one of our 3 best LB's.

Side note: I'm gonna be pissed if we spent two first day picks on Poz and he doesn't even start.

Bill Brasky
where's patti, the world is apparently ending!

Dr. Lecter
If John D ends up being a UDFA find and Poz moves to the outside and starts, that is great.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
If John D ends up being a UDFA find and Poz moves to the outside and starts, that is great.

He would be a bigger diamond in the rough than Crowell.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
as long as our three best lb's are on the field, i couldn't care less whose names are on the jerseys

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
lol..
WHAT EVER

I wont comment on this in June, but if POZ aint starting after what we gave up I will spew uncontrollable venom at this negligent front office of ours.

M
06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
But that's good for DiGorgio, right? Aren't the rookies supposed to make their biggest leaps between years 1 and 2? He didn't say Poz woudln't start, just that he would be moved over.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
But that's good for DiGorgio, right? Aren't the rookies supposed to make their biggest leaps between years 1 and 2? He didn't say Poz woudln't start, just that he would be moved over.

Poz will have to beat Ellison too.

patmoran2006
I dont care if Poz plays tight end as long as he's starting.

You dont give up two day one picks on a team that has multiple holes, and draft a QB with that third pick who won't even play this year, unless POZ is the ****.

ublinkwescore
I would hope that if they're talking about moving Poz over, it means DiGiorgio is doing well and they're trying to get the 3 best LB's on the field as much as possible. If Poz wasn't doing well, they'd be talking about having him as second string.

This is good news and bad news- it's good news that DiGiorgio is stepping up, but it's a scary ****ing prospect that John ****ing DiGiorgio may end up being one of our 3 best LB's.

Side note: I'm gonna be pissed if we spent two first day picks on Poz and he doesn't even start.

Dude, shut up already - if DiGiorgio ends up being one of our best three linebackers, what makes that so scary? How do you know he's not capable of having a really great season? You don't - unfortunately, you will find anything to whine about.

As far as I'm concerned, this is more than likely really, REALLY good news - how do we know that this isn't a case of Posluszny (sp?) showing the coaching staff that he will be very capable of manning a different LB spot, and that Digiorgio may be very well suited for the MLB spot?

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM

I didn't recall where Marv said that if they moved him over that he was going to start.

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 02:30 PM
If DiGorgio wins the MLB SPOT, fine.. My problem isn't with him.
If he's the best man for the spot than he deserves to start.

My problem will very HEAVILY be with the front office is POZ doesnt start somewhere; I dont even care where. We gave up two likely starters as draft picks to get him, and also took a backup QB on day one.

I seriously dont care if POZ beats out Jason Webster and starts at corner or Duke Preston for right guard.. He better be STARTING somewhere.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:31 PM
How do you know he's not capable of having a really great season? You don't -
you'll just have to trust him.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Dude, shut up already - if DiGiorgio ends up being one of our best three linebackers, what makes that so scary? How do you know he's not capable of having a really great season? You don't - unfortunately, you will find anything to whine about.

As far as I'm concerned, this is more than likely really, REALLY good news - how do we know that this isn't a case of Posluszny (sp?) showing the coaching staff that he will be very capable of manning a different LB spot, and that Digiorgio may be very well suited for the MLB spot?

I keep hearing about how Fletch and Spikes were so limited last year- well if that was the case, why was Digiorgio on the bench? Why was he no higher than 5th on the depth chart behind Crowell and Ellison as well?

How do you know this isn't a case of Ellison completely sucking it up to the point where DiGiorgio looks better?

Can you just imagine what we would be saying to FTP if the Dolphins were in this situation and he was bragging about how DiGiorgio was doing?

Oh, and whatever happened to not judging players in OTA's/minicamp because there are no pads? I guess when a player gets lit up in mini-camp, they'll be better in pads, but when a player does well in mini-camp, then it's perfectly acceptable to evaluate them.

I seriously can't believe you're not concerned with the prospect of John ****ing DiGiorgio being one fo our 3 best LB's.

M
06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I didn't recall where Marv said that if they moved him over that he was going to start.

Oops, my bad. I was just inferring from your original post. I'll just shut up now.

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I keep hearing about how Fletch and Spikes were so limited last year- well if that was the case, why was Digiorgio on the bench? Why was he no higher than 5th on the depth chart behind Crowell and Ellison as well?

JP was pretty far down the depth chart at one point too, opiv.

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I will say one thing.

If this was Miami or another rival, and it was a no-name Undrafted Wr that Cameron said may start ahead of Ted Ginn this year, you guys would be losing your minds making fun of fins fans.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:37 PM
JP was pretty far down the depth chart at one point too, opiv.

yeah, and we paid the price in the W-L column while he learned.

The Spaz
06-18-2007, 02:37 PM
We had an extra 1st day pick because of the Mcgahee trade, it was a bonus.

blotsfan
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Im pretty sure Poz played well in College as a MLB and OLB so there is no problem.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I will say one thing.

If this was Miami or another rival, and it was a no-name Undrafted Wr that Cameron said may start ahead of Ted Ginn this year, you guys would be losing your minds making fun of fins fans.

2nd Year UDFA's starting for us over day 1 draft picks are "diamonds in the rough." 2nd year UDFA's starting on the Dolphins would be hilarious.

What's wrong with that? :rolleyes:

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
We had an extra 1st day pick because of the Mcgahee trade, it was a bonus.

sorry but that's terrible logic. If you're going to buy a car that costs $25,000 and you win $50,000 in the lottery, would you then pay $75,000 for the exact same car because that money was a "bonus"?

You still need to get value for draft picks to win.

HHURRICANE

In fairness, Marv flat out said that they wanted Poz at MLB but DiGorgio had impressed there with the first unit.

It's not like he said "Poz looks great on the strong or weak side." He also said that "Poz was brought in to fill the spot vacated by London Fletcher at MLB."

patmoran2006
We drafted POZ to be our middle linebacker, plain and simple.

If he DOESNT start at MLB. Its because he wasnt good enough to play there.

He was our MLB when drafted, even our staff said that.. What has changed besides the fact maybe he's getting outplayed by DiGorgio right now?

The Spaz
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
sorry but that's terrible logic. If you're going to buy a car that costs $25,000 and you win $50,000 in the lottery, would you then pay $75,000 for the exact same car because that money was a "bonus"?

You still need to get value for draft picks to win.

If the car was rated in the 1st round yes...

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 02:43 PM
In fairness, Marv flat out said that they wanted Poz at MLB but DiGorgio had impressed there with the first unit.

It's not like he said "Poz looks great on the strong or weak side." He also said that "Poz was brought in to fill the spot vacated by London Fletcher at MLB."
Absolutely.

Either POZ is the man in the middle and the LEADER of this defense, or it was a terrible trade to move and get him.

Im' not getting into it too much right now, because I cannot even FATHOM POZ not being the man in the middle.

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 02:43 PM
yeah, and we paid the price in the W-L column while he learned.

i like to chalk that one up as donahoe-mularkey-gilbride-nooffensivelineinadecade-itis

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Imagine that. MArv said "IF" Digorgio continues to impress" ( I take it impress the coaching staff) That could only mean he's getting better for him to impress. Don't know how that is a bad thing.

So if the coaches that work with these players, watch their progress closely are impressed, I find it hilarious that mb fans who haven't been to camp cry about it.

ublinkwescore

About DiGiorgio - the guy is young - he's barely going into his second year - how do you know he didn't need a little more time to get his body into NFL shape, and I'm sure he still had a lot to learn.

How do you know this isn't a case of Ellison completely sucking it up to the point where DiGiorgio looks better?

I don't, but I doubt he would have seen the field at all last season (not to mention very early in the season) if he sucked at this point last year - I doubt he's gonna take a step back - again shut up already.

Can you just imagine what we would be saying to FTP if the Dolphins were in this situation and he was bragging about how DiGiorgio was doing?

Yeah, I could, but that's partially because FTP is not a rocket scientist, and he would make a really dumb comment or two in his braggings now wouldn't he?

Oh, and whatever happened to not judging players in OTA's/minicamp because there are no pads? I guess when a player gets lit up in mini-camp, they'll be better in pads, but when a player does well in mini-camp, then it's perfectly acceptable to evaluate them.

Where the hell are you getting this from?

I seriously can't believe you're not concerned with the prospect of John ****ing DiGiorgio being one fo our 3 best LB's.

I'm not - I have faith in Poz, and why is it so hard for you to accept that UDFA's stepping up is a good thing - I guess we should just get rid of Jason Peters since he's one of our best Tackles, but he was a UDFA. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
If the car was rated in the 1st round yes...

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH you people are going to drive me insane.

Why is it that the opinions of so called "draft gurus" don't matter when they dis the Whitner pick because they're not NFL GM's, but suddenly it becomes acceptable to say that Poz or Youboty had "first round grades" when the Bills get them in the later rounds?

Look I don't want to sound like I'm ripping on Poz because I'm not- I think he has a good chance of being a solid player for us. But if he doesn't start, using two first-day draft picks on a player who doesn't start when a team has this many needs is a huge blunder.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Im' not getting into it too much right now, because I cannot even FATHOM POZ not being the man in the middle.

Let's just say that I was eating my lunch in my car and almost spit it out when I heard this. I have spent more time ripping about our weakness at LB and how scary it would be to have DiGorgio, Wire, Haggan, or Stamer on the field.

Yes I can't fathom it but it was said.

The Spaz
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH you people are going to drive me insane.

Why is it that the opinions of so called "draft gurus" don't matter when they dis the Whitner pick because they're not NFL GM's, but suddenly it becomes acceptable to say that Poz or Youboty had "first round grades" when the Bills get them in the later rounds?

Look I don't want to sound like I'm ripping on Poz because I'm not- I think he has a good chance of being a solid player for us. But if he doesn't start, using two first-day draft picks on a player who doesn't start when a team has this many needs is a huge blunder.

"You're" insane.:up:

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Ellison-DiGorgio-Crowell.

:dance:

Dontcha just love competition. It brings out the best in everyone. I hope Dick does what he said he would do. Make them earn their spot regardless of draft.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm not - I have faith in Poz, and why is it so hard for you to accept that UDFA's stepping up is a good thing - I guess we should just get rid of Jason Peters since he's one of our best Tackles, but he was a UDFA.

it's not UDFA's stepping up that I'm concerned about- I'm concerned that the guys on our roster that we spent draft picks on can't beat out UDFA's. Seriously, if you were in a bar watching a game and they announced some UDFA that you've never heard of starting for the Dolphins or the Pats, you'd be laughing and joking about it. But when the Bills are faced with the prospect of a 2nd year UDFA with limited game experience as a starting linebacker, it's a good thing because a UDFA stepped up? Please.

Ellison-DiGiorgio-Crowell?
Poz-DiGiorgio-Crowell?

Do you REALLY think that LB corps is good enough to help us improve on the 28th ranked run D and win some games? Based on what? 2nd year improvement? Please.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 02:51 PM

Ok, but how do you know what I said isn't what's happening - DiGiorgio looks more than adequate at MLB, and Poz has the skills to play an outside spot?

what exactly - please tell me, I feel like I'm missing something here - is wrong with that? - cause I can't see a damn thing wrong with that.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok, but how do you know what I said isn't what's happening - DiGiorgio looks more than adequate at MLB, and Poz has the skills to play an outside spot?

what exactly - please tell me, I feel like I'm missing something here - is wrong with that? - cause I can't see a damn thing wrong with that.

If you don't see a problem with John DiGiorgio being the best we can do at a starting LB position, I don't know what to tell you.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 02:54 PM
So if the coaches that work with these players, watch their progress closely are impressed, I find it hilarious that mb fans who haven't been to camp cry about it.

Okay, first don't shoot the messenger. Second, I would rather here how great Poz is doing than how great DiGorgio is doing.

Third, this will be the second year in a row that we jumped back up to get a player. McCargo and Poz both now have the dubious distinction. Call me crazy but I expect them both to start.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 02:55 PM
it's not UDFA's stepping up that I'm concerned about- I'm concerned that the guys on our roster that we spent draft picks on can't beat out UDFA's. Seriously, if you were in a bar watching a game and they announced some UDFA that you've never heard of starting for the Dolphins or the Pats, you'd be laughing and joking about it. But when the Bills are faced with the prospect of a 2nd year UDFA with limited game experience as a starting linebacker, it's a good thing because a UDFA stepped up? Please.

Ellison-DiGiorgio-Crowell?
Poz-DiGiorgio-Crowell?

Do you REALLY think that LB corps is good enough to help us improve on the 28th ranked run D and win some games? Based on what? 2nd year improvement? Please.

You know, with all your *****ing about Ellison (even though Ellison did make some plays last year), one would think you'd be happy to see he may not be expected to start now with the apparent possible emergence of DiGiorgio - but we all know better.

based on 2nd year improvement, better O keeping the D fresh, and allowing the D to play with a lead more often which will make opponents want to pass more - playing into our strength, and oh yeah, when you're that low, it's kinda hard to go anywhere but up.

Seriously, what is wrong with you - go get some Zoloft please.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 02:57 PM

Ellison was good enough that we could afford to bring in another QB with our 3rd round pick but now, in your opinion, it's okay if he doesn't start?

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Okay, first don't shoot the messenger. Second, I would rather here how great Poz is doing than how great DiGorgio is doing.

Third, this will be the second year in a row that we jumped back up to get a player. McCargo and Poz both now have the dubious distinction. Call me crazy but I expect them both to start.

first I wasn't talking about you. Sorry if it came out that way.

second, I agree with you but I don't think Poz was superman that he could just easily come in and take the spot based on where he was drafted. I'm glad our coaches don't have that mindset. Besides, Poz only played MLB in college for one year. Didn't think he was gonna get it right away. Not gonna PANIC just yet. Not gonna call him a BUST just because he's still learning.

third- they would have to earn it. I am not closeminded into thinking that people can't get better. whether it's a URFA's. Some people are . I expect the best players to start.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 03:01 PM
If you don't see a problem with John DiGiorgio being the best we can do at a starting LB position, I don't know what to tell you.

What exactly is wrong with that - that's like saying Jason Peters being the best Tackle we've got doesn't bode well for the team.

there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned - and this isn't even training camp right now it's OTA's or minicamp and nothing more - wait til the pads go on before you start your whining.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 03:01 PM
:z: wake me in August

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
You know, with all your *****ing about Ellison (even though Ellison did make some plays last year), one would think you'd be happy to see he may not be expected to start now with the apparent possible emergence of DiGiorgio - but we all know better.

based on 2nd year improvement, better O keeping the D fresh, and allowing the D to play with a lead more often which will make opponents want to pass more - playing into our strength, and oh yeah, when you're that low, it's kinda hard to go anywhere but up.

Seriously, what is wrong with you - go get some Zoloft please.

Yes, I should be thrilled that a guy that started last year isn't good enough to beat out a UDFA :rolleyes:

If DiGiorgio turns out to be better than Ellison, good, but I still don't think our LB's are anywhere close to good enough. And they're not going to be getting any help from our crap-tacular DT's in front of them.

I'll get some Zoloft when you stop drinking OBD's kool-aid. Think of how ridiculous it would sound if a Dolphins fan came on here and said "our D lost 3 starters and added maybe 1, but it's still going to be better because of 2nd year improvement and a better offense."

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
What exactly is wrong with that - that's like saying Jason Peters being the best Tackle we've got doesn't bode well for the team.

he's the exception to the rule. not the rule. :snicker:

BTW, what rd. was Crowell drafted?

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM

Thank you......

To be fair though, maybe this is just Marv stirring the pot.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Ellison was good enough that we could afford to bring in another QB with our 3rd round pick but now, in your opinion, it's okay if he doesn't start?

I don't care who starts where - if they earn it - and apparently, this coaching staff is all about making players earn their positions both on the field and on the depth chart.

BTW, wasn't Ellison like a 6th rounder?

the fact that he did start, and make some plays was a big bonus - we know he can play if needed - especially when you consider our DTs were not exactly very accomodating to our LBs last season (though I've heard it was possibly a mixture of our LBs not being able to fill gaps - only pursue - Fletcher and Spikes anyways).

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, I should be thrilled that a guy that started last year isn't good enough to beat out a UDFA :rolleyes:

If DiGiorgio turns out to be better than Ellison, good, but I still don't think our LB's are anywhere close to good enough. And they're not going to be getting any help from our crap-tacular DT's in front of them.

I'll get some Zoloft when you stop drinking OBD's kool-aid. Think of how ridiculous it would sound if a Dolphins fan came on here and said "our D lost 3 starters and added maybe 1, but it's still going to be better because of 2nd year improvement and a better offense."

I don't know if you noticed or not, but the only dolphin fan I really ever belittle is FTP.

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't care who starts where - if they earn it - and apparently, this coaching staff is all about making players earn their positions both on the field and on the depth chart.

BTW, wasn't Ellison like a 6th rounder?

the fact that he did start, and make some plays was a big bonus - we know he can play if needed - especially when you consider our DTs were not exactly very accomodating to our LBs last season (though I've heard it was possibly a mixture of our LBs not being able to fill gaps - only pursue - Fletcher and Spikes anyways).
I do care who starts there because we MOVED UP to get our starting middle linebacker in the draft.

If it was a regular 2nd or 3rd round pick and he didnt cut the mustard, then whatever. But we gave up a very valuable and needed first day pick because our coaching staff, who allegedly debated on taking PoZ 12th OVERALL... was the man they wanted in the middle of our defense and said so immediately following the draft.

streetkings01
06-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Let me take a look at this....

DiGorgio = 1) 2nd year in the NFL, 2) 2nd year in this system
Poz = 1) rookie, 2) 1st year in a new system 3) playing the hardest position of all the LBers

After all this, I still cant understand how DiGorgio is ahead of Poz!:question:

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Let me take a look at this....

DiGorgio = 1) 2nd year in the NFL, 2) 2nd year in this system
Poz = 1) rookie, 2) 1st year in a new system 3) playing the hardest position of all the LBers

After all this, I still cant understand how DiGorgio is ahead of Poz!:question:

if you spend 2 first day draft picks on a guy, he damn well better be superior to a 2nd year UDFA with limited game experience. Otherwise, the wisdom of spending two draft picks on said player should be questioned.

Saratoga Slim
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
If DiGorgio wins the MLB SPOT, fine.. My problem isn't with him.
If he's the best man for the spot than he deserves to start.

My problem will very HEAVILY be with the front office is POZ doesnt start somewhere; I dont even care where. We gave up two likely starters as draft picks to get him, and also took a backup QB on day one.

I seriously dont care if POZ beats out Jason Webster and starts at corner or Duke Preston for right guard.. He better be STARTING somewhere.

:lmao:Ha! Yeah, I agree, I want to see Poz on the field. I must say though that I don't really care if Ellison or DiGiorgio is our 3rd LB. Crowell-Poz-Ellison and Crowell-DiGiorgio-Poz look about the same in my book right now. Poz might even be more comfortable at OLB, that's the position at which he was dominant Junior year, pre-injury.

I didn't hear the interview, but I haven't heard anyone say Poz isn't looking good so far. If its more a matter of DiGirorgio looking really really good, I don't see bad in that. We may actually have some depth at LB. Wouldn't that be nice.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I didn't hear the interview, but I haven't heard anyone say Poz isn't looking good so far. If its more a matter of DiGirorgio looking really really good, I don't see bad in that. We may actually have some depth at LB. Wouldn't that be nice.

:10:

some people only see the worse in a situation.That Digorgio really sucks and Poz can't beat him.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I do care who starts there because we MOVED UP to get our starting middle linebacker in the draft.

If it was a regular 2nd or 3rd round pick and he didnt cut the mustard, then whatever. But we gave up a very valuable and needed first day pick because our coaching staff, who allegedly debated on taking PoZ 12th OVERALL... was the man they wanted in the middle of our defense and said so immediately following the draft.

I wonder why people are accusing you of flip-flopping all the time.

mikemac2001
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM

You dont give up two day one picks on a team that has multiple holes, and draft a QB with that third pick who won't even play this year, unless POZ is the ****.

you said this like 5 post up

calm down pat its june

John Doe
06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
It looks like the Bills will have some good depth at linebacker this year.

rschepise
06-18-2007, 03:56 PM
You people amaze me!! Have any of you ever seen Digorgio play an oucne of live football at the MLB position? Are any of you NFL Scouts? If I recall correctly, both London Fletcher and Zach Thomas were both 6th and 7th round draft picks, respectively. Isn't there a chance NFL teams may have overlooked Digorgio like teams overlooked players like: Jason Peters, Tom Brady, Terrell Davis. Poz will be fine, the guy was dominant at Penn State. Give him some time to pick the system up. The players haven't even been in pads yet. This topic is feeble and pointless. If Digorgio turns out to be a solid Middle Linebacker it gives us more depth at a heavily scutinized position. You people need to STFU!!!

P.S. I beleive we are one solid backup linebacker away from haveing a really good linbacking core. Everyone is making suck a big deal about all of the players we lost this offseason. The only one that will really hurt us is the loss of Nate Clements. That guy was really playing good football towards the latter part of the season. If Ashton Youboty can step up and play well, we sign Walker, and Mcargo comes back healthy, this defense will be a solid unit.

HAMMER
06-18-2007, 04:03 PM
The word Spaz comes to mind here. Settle down Douchers, like Poz is supposed to know the system flat already. Good God you people just like to piss and moan. It's June, let's see where things stand mid-August before you blow your cool.

madness
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I still think Poz will beat out DiGiorgio once the pads come on. DiGiorgio has the upper hand because he's playing on instinct while Poz is still learning this defense and adjusting to the speed of the game. Poz still has training camp and preseason to make a statement and the more time he's on the field, the quicker he's going to get up to speed.

It cracks me up some of you are *****ing because a player had OTA's and and a 3 day mini-camp to learn a new defense plus adjust to the speed of the NFL and he still hasn't nailed down the starting position yet. I'm guessing you never played football on an organized team or you just don't have a clue.

tampabay25690
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I think its great, I still didnt think Poz was quick enough for the middle I like him much better on the outside.....

ParanoidAndroid
06-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I got an idea. Let's see how this shakes out in camp and pre-season and then see what they put on the field before we get our collective panties in a bunch.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I got an idea. Let's see how this shakes out in camp and pre-season and then see what they put on the field before we get our collective panties in a bunch.
that would be the most realistic and sensible thing to do but what will they have to ***** about til then?

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
to all you people who say we should wait and see: You can wait and see all you want for our LB's to get better but it ain't gonna happen. Even if it doesn't pan out, the fact that we're even considering the prospect of DiGiorgio starting is testament to how bad our LB situation is.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
the thought of URFA like Peters starting at LT shows how bad our OL situation is. NO way no how players drafted in the later rds. can succeed in this league. Brady sucks because he was drafted in the 6th rd , it's his wr's who do the winning for them. Colston's a bum because of where he was drafted.

/sarcasm.

Fletcher, who these guys were crying about was an URFA. The irony.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
to all you people who say we should wait and see: You can wait and see all you want for our LB's to get better but it ain't gonna happen. Even if it doesn't pan out, the fact that we're even considering the prospect of DiGiorgio starting is testament to how bad our LB situation is.

You don't know jack squat about what DiGiorgio will do this year. Not a single thing. Nor does anyone else here. Absolutely nothing.

Mr. Pink
06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I love how people find every exception they can to try and justify the THOUGHT, just the thought that DiGiorgio might be impressing the staff enough to move POS over.

If, by some minor miracle of God himself, allows DiGiorgio to start at MLB this year...relegating POS to OLB or depth. Then the front office majorly screwed the pooch by drafting him, let alone, trading up to get him.

But we as Bills fans sit her and defend these moves saying, oh let the best guy win. Well if DiGiorgio is that guy at MLB, then why in the bloody hell did we ever draft POS?

John Doe
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
You don't know jack squat about what DiGiorgio will do this year. Not a single thing. Nor does anyone else here. Absolutely nothing.

Very true.

But, you have to like what he did in college.

When you have 462 tackles in a college career chances are someone is going to notice your productivity. And John DiGiorgio was noticed and honored for his tackle totals among his other impressive statistics as he was an American Football Coaches Association All-American, named conference player of the year, and linebacker of the year.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3837

It may have taken him some time to learn the pro game after playing in a 5/2 alignment in college.

http://www.svsu.edu/clubs/vanguard/stories/366

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
But we as Bills fans sit her and defend these moves saying, oh let the best guy win. Well if DiGiorgio is that guy at MLB, then why in the bloody hell did we ever draft POS?
Pulease , who's defending it? W'ere not the ones ready to call him a bust or the FO screwed up the pick just because POZ is still learning or that Digorgio may have stepped up just like past late round players have done in the past.

Night Train
06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
DiGorgio will beat out Poz. Got it.

..and I'm one phone call away from dating Jessica Alba.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Right. None of us have ever seen him play football before. He just appeared out of thin air when OTA's started.

Mr. Pink
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Pulease , who's defending it? W'ere not the ones ready to call him a bust or the FO screwed up the pick just because POZ is still learning or that Digorgio may have stepped up just like past late round players have done in the past.

Saying may the best player win is sure as hell defending it.

Like I said, if, and that's a HUGE if, DiGiorgio somehow beats out POS...today, tomorrow, next week, next year...then drafting POS was a huge error by the front office.

Guys drafted on DAY 1 are supposed to be difference makers and cornerstone contributors. Not guys beaten out by 2nd year UDFA. Period.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
the thought of URFA like Peters starting at LT shows how bad our OL situation is. NO way no how players drafted in the later rds. can succeed in this league. Brady sucks because he was drafted in the 6th rd , it's his wr's who do the winning for them. Colston's a bum because of where he was drafted.

/sarcasm.

Fletcher, who these guys were crying about was an URFA. The irony.

Seems to me that Peters played well right from the start, whereas DiGiorgio couldn't beat out Fletcher, whom you criticize (Or Ellison or Crowell or Spikes for that matter). The irony.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Right. None of us have ever seen him play football before. He just appeared out of thin air when OTA's started.
that's just stupid.

Colston was drafted in the later rds.How does you scout logic feel now. If the saints FO told the fans that he would be starting the fans would say their wr situation sucks . Instead Colston caught for more than 1,000 yards. The coaches know better than the fans since they are at camp and you arent. But hey, if in your head you know better why are you on BZ instead of OBD?

Devin
06-18-2007, 05:25 PM
as long as our three best lb's are on the field, i couldn't care less whose names are on the jerseys

You got it.

I dont care what their names are. As long as we are fielding the best players we can regardless of thier contract or where they were drafted....great.

If hes stepped up and worked hard enough that hes getting that kind of stamp of approval good for him thats what we need.

Just because he doesnt "have a name" doesnt mean he cant play.

justasportsfan
Seems to me that Peters played well right from the start, whereas .
WTF are you talking about? He didn't beat out Gandy at LT in his rookie year. He started 1 game in his rookie year 10 games in 2005 and then full time last year . Digorgio was a rookie last year.
Get your facts straight.

John Doe
Seems to me that Peters played well right from the start, whereas DiGiorgio couldn't beat out Fletcher, whom you criticize (Or Ellison or Crowell or Spikes for that matter). The irony.

Peters was cut during training camp in his first season.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
That's a spin.
WTF are you talking about? He didn't beat out Gandy at LT in his rookie year. Get your facts straight.

cuz he was playing TE his rookie year. You don't even have your facts straight.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Peters was cut during training camp in his first season.

AT TE

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:28 PM
that's just stupid.

Colston was drafted in the later rds.How does you scout logic feel now. If the saints FO told the fans that he would be starting the fans would say their wr situation sucks . Instead Colston caught for more than 1,000 yards. The coaches know better than the fans since they are at camp and you arent. But hey, if in your head you know better why are you on BZ instead of OBD?

Right- because Colston had 1000 yards for the Saints last year, a UDFA starting at LB for the Bills this year is a good thing.

Makes perfect sense.

If FTP said the same thing about a fins player, you'd destroy him.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:28 PM

None of us have seen him play in 2007. Are you seriously suggesting that what he did as a rookie backup defines him for his career?

John Doe
06-18-2007, 05:29 PM
AT TE

So, then you are comparing Peters as a second year player competing against poor offensive linemen vs. John D competing as a rookie against Fletcher.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
None of us have seen him play in 2007. Are you seriously suggesting that what he did as a rookie backup defines him for his career?

No, I'm saying that based on what we've seen from him, assuming that he can come in and start and play well is a HUGE stretch.

But Colston had 1000 yards for NO this year, and that's a good sign for DiGiorgio.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
So, then you are comparing Peters as a second year player competing against poor offensive linemen vs. John D competing as a rookie against Fletcher.

You mean, Fletcher the guy that wasn't good enough last year that we're not going to miss but DiGiorgio still couldn't beat him out?

John Doe
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
You mean, Fletcher the guy that wasn't good enough last year that we're not going to miss but DiGiorgio still couldn't beat him out?

Or, Fletcher - the guy that some thought was indespensible.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
This is nuts.

It is June. Marv is talking about a guy playing well that was not expected too and people are pissed off. Before we all have heart attacks and strokes, can we at least wait until there is one ****ing practice in pads?????

And if John D. ends up being a UDFA steal, why is this a negative?????? Why??? It makes NO SENSE AT ALL to be upset with the news this guy might be a player. None. Not one little, itty bitty tiny bit. If John D ends up being like Peters or Pat Williams and produces after not being drafted it is not a negative. If Poz has to move to the outside because he is more flexible in his ability to play multiple positions, good. That is better for the team overall.

I can't beleive that people are taking a potential positive and making it a damn negative.

Actually I can and that is the sad part.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
No, I'm saying that based on what we've seen from him, assuming that he can come in and start and play well is a HUGE stretch.

You're the only one here who's assuming anything. Nobody is proclaiming he'll be good.

And what have we seen from him? How many snaps did he get? As a rookie. Nobody here has seen him this year.

Devin
06-18-2007, 05:33 PM

He was a rookie last year.

I am a member of a draft website that often gets great interviews with prospects. He was one of em and all of the praise he got was for his work ethic, I am actually not surprised that hes worked as hard as he has.

Rather then flip this in a negative light, id like to believe this may actually be a case of a player busting his ass all offseason and showing enough to a coaching staff (regardless of whose on the roster) that they have that kind of faith in him.

No-namer's step up every year for every team.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I can't beleive that people are taking a potential positive and making a damn negative.

It's ALWAYS "potential". For once, can we just have an ACTUAL positive.

I can't believe people are considering JOHN ****ING DIGIORGIO as a starter a "potential positive".

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
No-namer's step up every year for every team.

and unless about 8-10 of 'em step up for our team THIS year, we're in deep ****.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I can't believe people are considering JOHN ****ING DIGIORGIO as a starter a "potential positive".

Coming from someone who doesn't have the slightest clue what he'll do this year -- I mean, really, a ******ed monkey knows as much as we do about that -- what you can't believe means nothing.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Right- because Colston had 1000 yards for the Saints last year, a UDFA starting at LB for the Bills this year is a good thing.

Makes perfect sense.

Are you so dense that you can't see my point.

Colston is proof that even late rd. players can succeed in this league. IN your closemindedness if he plays for the bills he can't.

Aain, Fletcher was undrafted. You were *****ing about losing him. How ironic.

John Doe
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Because, it may indicate that he is playing well.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Poz was drafted high because of potential. but if we start potential over what they do at camp or the best players and we lose, you'll be *****ing again.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Are you so dense that you can't see my point.

Colston is proof that even late rd. players can succeed in this league. IN your closemindedness if he plays for the bills he can't.

Aain, Fletcher was undrafted. You were *****ing about losing him. How ironic.

Again, DiGiorgio wasn't good enough to beat out Fletcher yet you have no problem with the prospect of him starting. How ironic.

Besides, I NEVER siad that a late round or UDFA player CAN'T succeed. I said it's highly unlikely so I'm not going to count on it. I said DiGiorgio couldn't beat out Fletch last year so we should be wary of that fact. I said it would piss me off if we used two first round draft picks on a guy that's not as good as a UDFA. But I NEVER said that he couldn't succeed just because of how he was acquired- YOU put those words into my mouth.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM

It can't be an actual positive until we see the results on the field during games, which apparently some are not willing to do.

There are no sure positives in this game. None. Nor are there sure negatives.

Tell me, when Pat Williams became a starter, how happy were you? Jay Riemersma?

Why is a negative that the Bills might have a steal in an undrafted guy???? Why is that negative???

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
This might be the only place in the world where a thread about a player playing well and improving is a negative.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Because, it may indicate that he is playing well.

why is it that when I said something to the effect of "almost being nervous" because of a player's mini-camp/OTA performance, I got torn to shreds for judging a player in mini camp without pads, but when DiGiorgio does well without pads, it suddenly becomes an indicator that he's playing well?

Funny how the rules change when the news supports the homer view.

Devin
06-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Again, DiGiorgio wasn't good enough to beat out Fletcher yet you have no problem with the prospect of him starting. How ironic.

Besides, I NEVER siad that a late round or UDFA player CAN'T succeed. I said it's highly unlikely so I'm not going to count on it. I said DiGiorgio couldn't beat out Fletch last year so we should be wary of that fact. I said it would piss me off if we used two first round draft picks on a guy that's not as good as a UDFA. But I NEVER said that he couldn't succeed just because of how he was acquired- YOU put those words into my mouth.

Digorgio was a rookie last year I think, to say because he couldnt beat out a vet like Fletcher year 1 as the basis for your argument is reaching a bit.

OpIv37
Why is a negative that the Bills might have a steal in an undrafted guy???? Why is that negative???

The negative part is that we're looking at another sub-par starter. You assume it's because he's a steal and not because someone else on the depth chart is a bust.

Dr. Lecter
why is it that when I said something to the effect of "almost being nervous" because of a player's mini-camp/OTA performance, I got torn to shreds for judging a player in mini camp without pads, but when DiGiorgio does well without pads, it suddenly becomes an indicator that he's playing well?

Funny how the rules change when the news supports the homer view.

He used the word MAY.

By the same token, aren't you doing the same then? Being worried about players playing bad and thinking guys playing well is bad too??

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Digorgio was a rookie last year I think, to say because he couldnt beat out a vet like Fletcher year 1 as the basis for your argument is reaching a bit.

One would think that it's reaching, but given the number of people around here who aren't disturbed at all by the departure of Fletch, apparently Fletch isn't as good as you or I think.... or at least he isn't now that he's not on the Bills anymore.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
The negative part is that we're looking at another sub-par starter. You assume it's because he's a steal and not because someone else on the depth chart is a bust.

No. The story came out that he is playing well.

I am saying (and others too) that this MIGHT be good.

You are the one saying it is a definite negative and flipping out over the idea that maybe we have a surprise player on this team.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm flipping out over the idea of JOHN DIGIORGIO starting. I really can't believe so-called Bills fans aren't scared by that prospect.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM

I have no problem with the best players starting. DUH!!!! If POZ wins it, he starts. It's that simple.

In your world you'd still start Mike Williams.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
we're looking at another sub-par starter.

You don't know that.

justasportsfan
I am saying (and others too) that this MIGHT be good.

. He interprets things the way he wants to just so he can whine just to whine.

Dr. Lecter
I'm flipping out over the idea of JOHN DIGIORGION starting. I really can't believe so-called Bills fans aren't scared by that prospect.

Until I see him play, I am not.

Marv found good players on day 2 last year. Maybe, just maybe he found one as a UDFA as well.

Regardless, since it is only June, I am going let it rest. It ain't September yet, so there is no reason to get worked up.

OpIv37
I have no problem with the best players starting. DUH!!!! If POZ wins it, he starts. It's that simple.

In your world you'd still start Mike Williams.

In your world Chris Watson would still be on the team because we have to "wait and see" and maybe he just needs "another year in the system".

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Until I see him play, I am not.

Marv found good players on day 2 last year. Maybe, just maybe he found one as a UDFA as well.

Regardless, since it is only June, I am going let it rest. It ain't September yet, so there is no reason to get worked up.

yeah, having players who aren't good enough is nothing to be concerned about.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
You don't know that.
Oh puhlease. He knows better than Fairchild. Now he knows better than our lb coach or Fewell even though he hasn't been to camp.

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:49 PM
In your world Chris Watson would still be on the team because we have to "wait and see" and maybe he just needs "another year in the system".
If he was the best player then yes. but he didn't beat out anyone. DUH!!!!

TedMock
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I can't believe that this has become a point of trouble for anybody. How can anybody get their panties in a bunch over such a piece of non-news?

London Fletcher was our solid, but overrated, veteran middle LB. An undrafted rookie comes in from a small school and isn't ready to unseat him. The kid gets used to the game, gets in better shape, learns the tricks, etc. and surprises people with his improvement in year two. I have no idea how anybody with any sense can even attempt to paint that as a bad thing.

Okay, now he may get the starting nod at MLB thus moving Poz to OLB. Again, so what? Does that mean he's better than Poz? Not even remotely close. Talk about coming up with a conclusion with no foundation to base it on. Maybe John D. is a better fit in the middle than he is on the outside. Maybe Poz is actually better at both, but the John D. - Poz combo is better than the Poz - Ellison combo. Maybe we're lucky that Poz can play both positions.

Maybe everybody should quit trying to analyze something that's so pointless at this moment.

justasportsfan
Haha!. This is the problem. He knows more than our coaches that our players aren't good enough based on.... his rookie year :roflmao:

Thers no talking sense to OP if he knows like it's fact. In his head he's right and the rest of us are wrong and so are the coaches.

OpIv37
If he was the best player then yes. but he didn't beat out anyone. DUH!!!!

well neither has DiGiorgio- in fact, he couldn't beat out Fletch and you said Fletch wasn't good enough last year.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ASSUME he is not good enough.

Why? Because he was not drafted???

Since it is June, he has not started yet and this means little for the opener.

BTW,

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=128809

It is not impossible for this guy to be good.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm flipping out over the idea of JOHN DIGIORGIO starting. I really can't believe so-called Bills fans aren't scared by that prospect.

OH NO!!!! :shocked: A NO-NAME!!!!! :scared: A backup as a rookie!!! :nervous: NOOOOOOOO!!! :cry: That's it, he'll suck. :down: Forever. :hang:

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
As long as that player plays for the bills , they suck. OP's rule.

Crisis
This is the dumbest arguement I have ever seen.

People always need to something to whine about I guess.

OpIv37
I never thought I would take so much heat for wanting better players than John DiGiorgio.

Dr. Lecter
Time for dinner.

See you kids later!

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
As long as that player plays for the bills , they suck. OP's rule.

tell me this: if no one on our team sucks, why were we only 7-9 last year?

HAMMER
I am stoked to hear that we have a great LB prospect in Digiorgio. We could have one of the best and deepest LB'ng corps in the league next year. Good things ahead, good things.

justasportsfan
well neither has DiGiorgio- in fact, he couldn't beat out Fletch and you said Fletch wasn't good enough last year.

He would've beaten out Fletcher now which is why Fletch wanted to leave. :snicker:

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I am stoked to hear that we have a great LB prospect in Digiorgio. We could have one of the best and deepest LB'ng corps in the league next year. Good things ahead, good things.
:10:

Especially once Poz starts to catch up . Woohoo!!

I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Philagape
06-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I never thought I would take so much heat for wanting better players than John DiGiorgio.

I never thought John DiGiorgio would take so much heat for being named John DiGiorgio.

That's pretty much what we know about where he's at right now.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM

wow.

Looking at the LB's on our roster and coming to that conclusion is pretty much the definition of "homer".

Mr. Pink
06-18-2007, 06:02 PM
You all miss the point.

Let me spell out the point.

Why did we draft POS if we're even entertaining the mere thought of DiGiorgio starting in the middle? It makes the selection of POS look very stupid and misguided. Even more stupid because we gave up two picks for a guy we might not even need.

That's the point. Well at least, that's my point.

John Doe
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
You all miss the point.

Why did we draft POS if we're even entertaining the mere thought of DiGiorgio starting in the middle? It makes the selection of POS look very stupid and misguided. Even more stupid because we gave up two picks for a guy we might not even need.

Poz was drafted to play a linebacker position - not necessarily the middle linebacker.

Also, there is no guarantee that John D. will start. It may be Marv's way of pointing out just how good his play has been so far in the OTA's and the mini camp.

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
You got it.

I dont care what their names are. As long as we are fielding the best players we can regardless of thier contract or where they were drafted....great.

If hes stepped up and worked hard enough that hes getting that kind of stamp of approval good for him thats what we need.

Just because he doesnt "have a name" doesnt mean he cant play.

What if the best the Bills have to offer isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere else, is your opinion the same? Will you not be upset that the Bills used so much of their draft to get a guy that can't beat out a backup from the year before? I can't say I understand your logic. For the position he plays, where he was drafted and what was given up top acquire him Pos should be better then anyone on the roster, especially since there is such a lack of talent at the LB position in Buffalo. Also, I'm not big on grading a draft before the players even play a down, but since the Bill fans thought this was a good draft for their team could this change that assessment?

I realize, the Pads haven't even been put on yet, but why would Marv feel the need to say this if there wasn't even a little concern?

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I am usually on the homer side of things, but how can anyone honestly be excited about John DiGorgio starting over POS in the middle? This is the first time I have thought to myself "how is that possible?" over any of Marv's thoughts. If he plays well I will be the first to stick my foot in my mouth, but I am not at all excited about the LB corps of Ellison-Johnny D-Crow. I am excited about Ellison-POS-Crow...............

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
You all miss the point.

That's it in a nutshell.

TedMock
06-18-2007, 06:07 PM
You all miss the point.

That's a good point. Where I disagree is that because they kept talking about how Poz can play inside and outside, I figured he may play inside or outside. Same with Crowell. That's all they talked about pre-draft with him too. I don't see it as misguided. I'll call it strategic flexibility! Now, if Poz stinks - wherever they play him - then I'll definitely have an issue. See Tim Anderson. I was actually looking forward to seeing him play. Now I'm sorry that my poor eyes were exposed to such a heinous site.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
You all miss the point.

That's another point. And it's not a valid one, and here's why: What the team is saying about DiGiorgio is coming from what he's doing in OTAs. They're apparently seeing something in him they didn't see before the draft. So it has nothing to do with Pos and vice-versa. It's a surprise to them as well.
And all they're saying is whoever the starting MLB is, or any other starter, will be the guy who earned it. Nobody will be handed anything because of where they were drafted. Especially since Pos can play outside too.

TedMock
06-18-2007, 06:10 PM
I am usually on the homer side of things, but how can anyone honestly be excited about John DiGorgio starting over POS in the middle? This is the first time I have thought to myself "how is that possible?" over any of Marv's thoughts. If he plays well I will be the first to stick my foot in my mouth, but I am not at all excited about the LB corps of Ellison-Johnny D-Crow. I am excited about Ellison-POS-Crow...............

What about starting NEXT TO Pos? Pos-DiGorgio-Crowell. With Ellison backing up both OLB spots like he did last year?

HAMMER
06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
It is simply amazing all of the football experts we have on this message board. What I find incredible is that they all seem to be able to evaluate talent from behind their desk, uncanny.

Mr. Pink
06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
That's another point. And it's not a valid one, and here's why: What the team is saying about DiGiorgio is coming from what he's doing in OTAs. They're apparently seeing something in him they didn't see before the draft. So it has nothing to do with Pos and vice-versa. It's a surprise to them as well.
And all they're saying is whoever the starting MLB is, or any other starter, will be the guy who earned it. Nobody will be handed anything because of where they were drafted. Especially since Pos can play outside too.

It's extremely valid. Sorry don't mean to single you out on this one because it's a general comment.

But, Marv and company were enamored by this guy POS a MLB to entertain the thought of him at 13. He was one of the guys mentioned by name that they thought of taking there and entertained. So they thought it was gravy that they could take Lynch - another guy they wanted, then trade up to get POS.

Now, there's the NOTION that he might not even be as good as a guy we already had on the roster to begin with? That's seriously eph'd up and mismanagement and poor scouting.

jpdex12
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
This news is called motivation for whoever wants it the most! Plain as the sun coming up!

Philagape
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
It's extremely valid. Sorry don't mean to single you out on this one because it's a general comment.

But, Marv and company were enamored by this guy POS a MLB to entertain the thought of him at 13. He was one of the guys mentioned by name that they thought of taking there and entertained. So they thought it was gravy that they could take Lynch - another guy they wanted, then trade up to get POS.

Now, there's the NOTION that he might not even be as good as a guy we already had on the roster to begin with? That's seriously eph'd up and mismanagement and poor scouting.

The Bills are not saying anything about how good Pos is. And if he moved to OLB, it would make no difference in his value. One of his assets is his versatility. (unlike, say, David Harris, who some say we should have taken instead)
This news is about DiGiorgio. It doesn't reflect on Pos in any way, especially since no decisions have been made and it's only June. All it means is the guy who has a year in the NFL under his belt has an equal opportunity with a rookie, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Once we get through the preseason, they'll get a better idea of who's right for what position.

raphael120
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
OK so let me get this straight.

DiGeo, if he can beat out POZ, will be the MLB. which means Ellison will be the odd man out. Now we were extremely worried about Ellison as a prospect as a starter. I am too. With this move, you get Ellison knocked back to backup status, which makes me feel better.

It gets our 3 best players on the field, yes.

Mind you, Pos was not a MLB prospect, he was a OLB prospect in the draft to begin with, so maybe he's just more comfortable there at this point.

Let him play OLB. Spikes was an OLB and he had more of an impact than Fletch. he was a BEAST! If moving Pos to the outside is going to bring out the best in him, then GO FOR IT!

If DiGeo is best at MLB and is better at MLB than Ellison and Crowell, so be it. I don't exactly like his size to man a MLB position, 6'2", 229.

But I will be very mad if Pos does not start at all, and I think thats mostly everyones problem who sees this as a bad sign.

i think a lot of people dont like this because of the MLB talk that was started when he got here, if he's a 1rst round OLB talent, thats fine, if he's not as well suited for MLB, thats fine. But it does scare me that Poz can't beat out DiGeo...but if DiGeo is beating out Ellison, then I'd say good for him, does it really matter if we have Ellison or DiGeo? Personally I think we're screwed either way, but i'd rather have the better sub-par player than the crappiest sub par player...but...theyre both subpar, and THATs the issue.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
theyre both subpar, and THATs the issue.

We don't know that.

Plus, it takes blind pessimism to say "Pos can't even beat out DiGiorgio" when it's just as accurate to say "DiGiorgio is good enough to move Pos over." And this being June, we don't even know if that will be the case.

It's June. Nobody here knows anything.

HAMMER
06-18-2007, 07:00 PM
wow.

Looking at the LB's on our roster and coming to that conclusion is pretty much the definition of "homer".

I posted this to get you riled up. You see my conclusion is no more accurate than yours. We will find out soon enough, just relax about it. You are going to die an early death if you are this hyped up all the time.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I may be in the minority but I think Ellison is going be a damn good player. He is faster than he gets credit for and with more experience his insticts will only get better. I am more worried about POS-John D.-Crow than I am Ellison-John D.-Crow.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I posted this to get you riled up. You see my conclusion is no more accurate than yours. We will find out soon enough, just relax about it. You are going to die an early death if you are this hyped up all the time.

disagree- you're assuming our LB's will perform at a level they've never reached before (whether you meant it facetiously or not).

I'm assuming they will play at the same level or perhaps slightly improved over where they were last year.

While dramatic improvement is possible, incremental improvement is far more likely. And we need more than incremental improvement to compensate for last year's poor play and this off-season's losses.

ParanoidAndroid
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM
So, the coaches are impressed with what JD is doing but he still sucks? He's got a better grasp on the playbook and is always in position to make tackles, but he is still sub-par? POZ moving to the outside would mean it was a wasted draft pick, because...

Wait. It just dawned on me that we don't even have info on exactly what was said.

This thread has to be way up there on the 'chicken little' scale.

OpIv37
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
So, the coaches are impressed with what JD is doing but he still sucks? He's got a better grasp on the playbook and is always in position to make tackles, but he is still sub-par? POZ moving to the outside would mean it was a wasted draft pick, because...

Wait. It just dawned on me that we don't even have info on exactly what was said.

I personally don't care if POZ starts inside or outside, but for the price we paid for him he damn well better start.

As far as "chicken little", I disagree- I want this team to WIN and even the suggestion that DiGiorgio might start speaks volumes about the talent level we're going to have to endure this season.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 07:50 PM
I wish my stocks did as well as my threads. 144 posts!!! Geez.

1) It is June, so it's still early.

2) I'd rather here that Poz is tearing it up than having Marv imply that Poz could get beaten out by an undrafted second year player.

3) We did give up a draft pick to get Poz so having DiGorgio beat him out at MLB means we drafted the wrong guy. PERIOD. Get two other players than if Poz isn't the guy.

4) Marv was clear that we brought Poz in to start at MLB to replace Fletcher! That's a quote.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Hey, again, don't shoot the messenger.

I heard it in Marv's own voice. Not paraphrased. I was shocked that it was said to be honest with you.

Philagape
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
We did give up a draft pick to get Poz so having DiGorgio beat him out at MLB means we drafted the wrong guy. PERIOD. Get two other players than if Poz isn't the guy.

Pos can play outside too

:machgun: PERIOD

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Pos can play outside too

:machgun: PERIOD

Hey, the Bills made Poz a world beater, not me! Keep the pick and get two LBs, other than POZ, and let them add depth to a thin crew.

The Bills traded up to get POZ so he'd better be starting at the position that Marv admits that drafted him for. PERIOD.

Devin
06-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I dont understand why this is so complicated.

Poz can play any LB position, did it ever occur to you that DiGio didnt beat him out but simply he, crowell and poz are our 3 best options? SO moving Poz outside will maximize production?

Philagape
06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey, the Bills made Poz a world beater, not me! Keep the pick and get two LBs, other than POZ, and let them add depth to a thin crew.

The Bills traded up to get POZ so he'd better be starting at the position that Marv admits that drafted him for. PERIOD.

Why at that position? Pos has played both, and in a Cover 2 there's not that much difference anyway. Why?

Your period is 0-for-2

camelcowboy
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
sometimes guys burried on the depth chart step up. Beside how many practices have they had? If Degorio wins the job more power to him, but lets wait to see how the little thing called training camp shakes out. I can't believe you guys are freaking out.

Goobylal
06-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Please show me a quote where Marv and Jauron said that Poz was drafted to play MLB period. He played WLB in college in the 4-3 and MLB in the 3-4 last year.

And to tell you the truth, I'd rather not have a rookie play the MLB spot if given the choice. I said that Poz will suffer growing pains as he learns not only to play in the NFL, but make the calls. JD has a year in the system and knows them.

camelcowboy
06-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Please show me a quote where Marv and Jauron said that Poz was drafted to play MLB period. He played WLB in college in the 4-3 and MLB in the 3-4 last year.

And to tell you the truth, I'd rather not have a rookie play the MLB spot if given the choice. I said that Poz will suffer growing pains as he learns not only to play in the NFL, but make the calls. JD has a year in the system and knows them. All draft day they mentioned that he would compete for MLB spot. Your off base on that. I agree he is a rookie and he should earn the spot.

John Doe
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
All draft day they mentioned that he would compete for MLB spot. Your off base on that. I agree he is a rookie and he should earn the spot.

Jauron said he wasn't sure whether they would use their new linebacker on the inside or outside.

"He played them both and he played them pretty well," Dick Jauron said, adding that the Bills won't have him slotted anywhere, though Posluszny has a preference.

"Wherever you can get to the football the most," he said.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2352

YardRat
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
If Crowell-DiG-Pos is better than Crowell-Poz-Ellison at this point (which shouldn't be real surprising to anybody, anyway) then so be it, and I don't give a damn where anybody was drafted or how they were acquired.

Put the best unit on the field, and let's see what they can do.

Goobylal
06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Jauron said he wasn't sure whether they would use their new linebacker on the inside or outside.

"He played them both and he played them pretty well," Dick Jauron said, adding that the Bills won't have him slotted anywhere, though Posluszny has a preference.

"Wherever you can get to the football the most," he said.
That's what I remember. And I think the thinking was that since Fletcher was gone and there was no clear-cut replacement (at the time) for him, Poz would/should be played at MLB.

Mitchy moo
06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
If Crowell-DiG-Pos is better than Crowell-Poz-Ellison at this point (which shouldn't be real surprising to anybody, anyway) then so be it, and I don't give a damn where anybody was drafted or how they were acquired.

Put the best unit on the field, and let's see what they can do.

All I care about is fielding the best team.

im4bflo
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Without reading ALL the posts, I just have to say that we've had this
anybody can win the job deal, going on for a couple years now.
Marv is just saying, he may win the MLB job, not that he has.
He's been with this D for a year, POZ is just learning it, I'd hope that DiGio would be ahead, and camp is a month away, no big deal.
The same thing went down at the QB job last year. We knew who'd win, but you
give the other guys a chance, and that's cool.
Marv say's DiGio 'COULD' beat out POZ, hell, so COULD any of the LB's!
Patience Grasshopper, when it's all said and done, we'll have the baddest POZSQUAD we have, on the field.
GO BILLS!

TigerJ
06-18-2007, 10:31 PM

In 1998 a young linebacker was passed over in the draft. He managed to hook up with the St. Louis Rams where he was a reserve that year. The next year he earned a starting job which he held for two additional years. Then the Bills signed him, and he went on to have five more productive years. Is there any reason it can't happen again? DiGiorgio was undersized and came from a small school. That's why he was passed over in the draft. Sounds just like Fletcher. But at 6'2" he may have the frame to add weight and play effectively at 240 or so. He's supposed to be very quick, athletic and smart. Since the OTAs and minicamp were all after the draft, it's hard to blame the Bills for not knowing how much DiGiorgio might have improved since last year when they drafted Posluszny. Still, it's good to have competition. Posluszny is going to be a good player. Even if he ends up not starting this season, the fact that Posluszny can potentially play all three spots would make the Bills' depth situation at linebacker much better.

The bottom line is, if DiGiorgio starting means Posluszny is a disappointment, that's bad. If DiGiorgio starting means DiGiorgio is really good and has enough upside to maybe even be a star in this league, that's good.

Tatonka
06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
:lmao:Ha! Yeah, I agree, I want to see Poz on the field. I must say though that I don't really care if Ellison or DiGiorgio is our 3rd LB. Crowell-Poz-Ellison and Crowell-DiGiorgio-Poz look about the same in my book right now. Poz might even be more comfortable at OLB, that's the position at which he was dominant Junior year, pre-injury.

poz was at MLB his junior year... last year was the year he played OLB..

Tatonka
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
hey guys.. i hate to put any perspective on this at all, since the typical trio of people is screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING"..

but i just have one question..

um.. have any linebackers HIT anyone yet? just wondering.. last i checked, they were running around in shorts..

poz has has 3 weeks to learn a complicated nfl defense.. everyone else has had a year and 3 weeks at least.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 10:51 PM
if you spend 2 first day draft picks on a guy, he damn well better be superior to a 2nd year UDFA with limited game experience. Otherwise, the wisdom of spending two draft picks on said player should be questioned.

So by your logic, the draft isn't a crapshoot - and you get the value of your pick based on where you pick him at all times.

Ok, in that case, Mike Williams should still be on our team and playing where Jason Peters is at, and should have already been to at least 2 probowls.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM

Makes perfect sense.

FTP destroys himself because his logic is the exact opposite of yours for his team, when it should be exactly the same as yours, and yours should be somewhere between where it's at, and where FTP's is at.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 10:56 PM

One of these days, John Digiorgio is gonna find you on the streets and knock your teeth out.

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Why are you turning it into a we got ripped off for Poz thread when we should be excited that someone is playing nasty at LB and at worst, will add solid depth to our LB core

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 01:19 AM
FTP destroys himself because his logic is the exact opposite of yours for his team, when it should be exactly the same as yours, and yours should be somewhere between where it's at, and where FTP's is at.

Oh really?? Here's the logic I use. Bill fans clam the Bills are better and have improved this offseason while the Fins have done little and will be the worst team in the division, right?

Ok, lets say for argument sake we take the two strongest aspecks of the two teams and the two weakest aspects o the two teams and come up with an avg., shall we? Also lets not get into all the addition for both sides that won't likely make a difference.

The Bills Offense(according to Bill fans) is their strength, I'm guessing you'll agree with this.

The Dolphins Defense is our strength, or it has been for some 7-8 years now.

Now Miami's Defense finished 4th overall last year 8th against the run 4th against the pass, we didn't really lose anyone worthy of mention, but we did add one of the best OLB in the game of football. So I would say we are basically as good as last year if not a little better. That's Miami's strength. Dom Capers remains the Dolphins DC,so no real changes here, except maybe to simplify the calls on Dfense.

Now Buffalos Offense finished 28th overall last year, 28th passing 27th rushing, they lost Willis McGahee, but added Marshawn Lynch, and they added OG Dockery. Their Offensive scheme will remain the same for a second season in a row, giving them a little comfrot in the gameplan.

Now Miami's Offense, we finished last year 20th overall, 13th passing and 23 in rushing. We lose quite a few players like: Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Damion Mckintosh, Seth McKinney, Wes Welker, Randy McMichael and a few others not really worth mentioning. Now what interesting about the loses, is that not one of those players in that list or any Dolphin no longer with this team on offense this year was a probowler or even close. We Also added quite a bit of youth and experience to replace the players we lost. We also added a lot of speed to the offense something we didn't have much of last year and we added one of the best OC's in the game of football the last 4 or 5 seasons in Cam Cameron. So while we lost quite a few bodies, none was so great...at least for us, that we will feel their loss. Maybe Wes and Daunte if he returns to helth and plays this year. other then that our changes weren't exactly huge loses.

Now the Bills defense, they finished last year 18th overall, 28th against the run, 7th against the pass. They lost TKO, Nate Clements and London Fletcher. The Bills added Paul Posluzny and Darwin Walker (if he signs) and could get McCargo back. The Bills lose 3 defensive starters, cause I believe TKO will be ready to go game 1 for the Eagles so he would be starting for the Bills if he were in Buffalo. The Bills do have some nice young talent to develop and some of the young talent already has a year of experience. Hwever, this is a unit that was among the worst in the league last year and losing 3 starters with tons of experience will have an effect at least early on.

I don't include ST because IMO the two teams have similar units.

Now that we have broken down the two sides of the ball for both teams, both teams have glaring weakneses and only one team has a clear cut strength. If you take the Bills strength and what they've done in the offseason and compare that the the Dolphins strength and what they've done in the offseason, you not only have to give a big edge to the Dolphins on strength but an overwhelming edge to the Dolphins in the strength dept, why? Cause the 4th overall D is among league best the and 28th overall O is among league worst. Remember folks these are the numbers posted last year, not someones opinion of what will be, obviously that's all any of us have to go by at this point.

Now the two teams weakneses, Buffalo had the 18th best Defense in the league last year, Miami had the 20th best offense. That means that your weakness was only 2 spots better then our weakness. Miami's weakness finihsed higher then the the Bills strength...by 8 spots and we did so with a backup QB and MM calling the plays, we also did so with a ton of key injuries and without the talent of Ricky Williams. Regardless of what he's done it was a big loos of talent for Miami in 06. The Bills on the other hand were relatively healthy and had all their starters in for the season. Yet could still only manage no better the 4 spots away from dead last on offense.

Now some Bill fans want to argue records, well the reason wins and losse aren't as important as the statistics the make up a full 16 game scheduel is because you can win a game for 59:59 seconds, but lose the game in the final second on one play. Ask any fan, do they forget about the win if it comes in the last second of the game or do they treat that win like all the other wins.....as a win? So basically wins and loses are the bottom line, if you're a playoff team, but if your not a playoff team like both the Dolphins and Bills last year, then you need to look at the whole season and take everything else into account.

Had the Bills won three more games then the Dolphins and had a playoff berth, Bill fans could argue they were the better team, but that wasn't the case, infact Miami might have one less win then the Bill and even lost both games head to head to the Bills, but if Bill fans are gonna take the credit for the wins, you need to accept that the Bills were a lot healthier then the Dolphins and weren't missing near the talent the Dolphins were. In the end both teams finished the season with about the same record, but Miami finished the season on both sides of the ball much better statistically despite their injuries then a much healthier Bills team.

Bottom line, Miami needs to improve on their 20th ranked offense to improve and be a playoff team. The Bills need to imporve their 28th ranked offense and the 18th ranked defense to make the playoffs. Obviously Miami has less to imporve on then the Bills, obviously Miami should be the better team in 07. It's really that simple.

jmb1099
06-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I actually read this whole thing and as a result my head hurts.

A couple of things:
1) Its June
2) No pads
3) Just learning our defense for the first time
4) Will have a much better handle on it when they return for camp
5) John D has been busting his hump and wants to prove himself
6) John D has a years experience under his belt
7) There has been much discussion about the improvement that is supposed to happen between years one and two
8) Marv praised John D, never critisized Paul PoZ
9) No one knows if the front office screwed up on this yet
10) No one could have predicted John D stepping up like this
11) No one knows anything yet, its June, no pads, a basic run through
12) This thread was an easy target for those who wanted a reason to jump out of a window to do so
13) Here is my PREDICTION which is nothing more than another word for speculation or guess: John D pushes Poz to be better sooner than he would have been without the fierce competition
14) My inside source says....whatever

Goobylal
06-19-2007, 07:04 AM
poz was at MLB his junior year... last year was the year he played OLB..
The other way around:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2638679

Posluszny suffered a serious right knee injury during the Orange Bowl in January that limited him in the offseason. After going through rehabilitation, Posluszny was moved from outside to inside at the start of the season as coach Joe Paterno switched to a four-linebacker scheme. It took a while for Posluszny to get comfortable with the defense and his rehabbed knee.

Poz was an amazing player at OLB and was only beginning to get comfortable at ILB last season. I think the Bills didn't know how good JD would look at MLB when they decided to make Poz a MLB, but JD could allow them to move Poz outside, where he could be great. Plus there will be less growing pains with a non-rookie starting at MLB.

Tatonka
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
ah.. sorry.. i stand corrected..

so he was an outside lb in a 4-3 system, then penn state went to a 3-4 system and he moved to one of the 2 inside spots..

is that correct?

madness
06-19-2007, 07:56 AM
ah.. sorry.. i stand corrected..

so he was an outside lb in a 4-3 system, then penn state went to a 3-4 system and he moved to one of the 2 inside spots..

is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

OpIv37
06-19-2007, 08:00 AM
All I care about is fielding the best team.

you don't care about wasted draft picks? I sure as hell do.

Dr. Lecter
06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
If Poz starts on the outside, how the hell is he a wasted draft pick?????????

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
FTP you are not getting that the main reason the offense will be our strength this year is not aonly because of Marshawn and Dockery, but mostly because JP has another year under his belt and was looking damn good by the end of last year. Getting the type of play he showed in the second half last year for a full season would improve our offense tremendously.

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Marv never said, " If POZ continues to DISAPPOINT "

Marv said IF Digorgio continues to IMPRESS.

Marv said MOVE not bench.

IMPRESS is a positive word.

Only a nancy can interpret the words Impress and Move = wasted pick.

Wasted years of education.

SquishDaFish
06-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Jesus why is it going to be a wasted pick??? He will be starting if not in middle then outside. Who cares where in the LB corps he is starting? What this means is Digiorgio is impressing so much that Ellison who was going to be a starter now will be a great backup to have. Whats the big deal.

Not to mention Training camp hasnt even f'n started yet. Now you know why people hate you neg nancies.

Mitchy moo
06-19-2007, 08:50 AM

OP, it's june. If POZ starts and we have DiG out there as well is it a wasted draft pick? I care about the Bills getting the best players on the field, regardless of how they came in. Not every draft pick works out but I think barring injury POZ will be out there taking care of business.

Let's relax and see how it goes before we annoint anyone field ready, cool?

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 08:53 AM
OP, it's june. If POZ starts and we have DiG out there as well is a wasted draft pick? I care about the Bills getting the best players on the field, regardless of how they came in. Not every draft pick works out but I think barring injury POZ will be out there taking care of business.

Let's relax and see how it goes before we annoint anyone field ready, cool?
Word! you tell em skoobs. :up:

OpIv37
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
So by your logic, the draft isn't a crapshoot - and you get the value of your pick based on where you pick him at all times.

Ok, in that case, Mike Williams should still be on our team and playing where Jason Peters is at, and should have already been to at least 2 probowls.

completely wrong.

My logic is that you have to draft well to be successful. We wasted a draft pick on Mike Williams and we paid for it for years.

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
FTP you are not getting that the main reason the offense will be our strength this year is not aonly because of Marshawn and Dockery, but mostly because JP has another year under his belt and was looking damn good by the end of last year. Getting the type of play he showed in the second half last year for a full season would improve our offense tremendously.

I never said the Bills strength wasn't going to imporve, go back and read the post. Miami's strength and Buffalos strength are not close. Miami's weaknesses and Buffalo's weaknesses are close. It's just simple deduction. I think Miami will be better then buffalo because Miami has less to improve on, it's just common sense. JP may have imporved slightly, but his numbers weren't exactly great, go back over the games last year and look how many games JP barely threw for 200 yards if at all. A couple of his games were under 90 yards passing....for four Qtrs.

Just because he imporved on his first 8 games of 06 to the last 8 games of isn't proof he's a good starting QB in the NFL. He needs to be a guy you not only never have to worry about, but a guy you automatically take out of you mind when thinking who's gonna step up and help the Bills win this week, he hasn't done that since becoming a Bill. He may become that guy this year, but as it stands right now, he isn't that guy. He's still a question mark for the Bills he hasn't established himself therefore the Bills QB position is still not resolved.

wbat27
06-19-2007, 09:26 AM
trust marv, thats all that needs to be said. Poz has a good chance at starting on the outside and if not a year to learn.

TedMock
06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't include ST because IMO the two teams have similar units...
I wholeheartedly disagree here. Buffalo's special team is not only its biggest strength, but also ahead of Miami in virtually every category. Miami made 3 more FG's, but also had 9 more attempts and Buffalo's FG% was 20 points higher.

Now some Bill fans want to argue records, well the reason wins and losse aren't as important as the statistics the make up a full 16 game scheduel is because you can win a game for 59:59 seconds, but lose the game in the final second on one play. Ask any fan, do they forget about the win if it comes in the last second of the game or do they treat that win like all the other wins.....as a win? So basically wins and loses are the bottom line, if you're a playoff team, but if your not a playoff team like both the Dolphins and Bills last year, then you need to look at the whole season and take everything else into account...
I understand what you're getting at, but wins are the most important stat of them all. NE wins a lot of close games and even those in which they were outplayed. Winners figure out how to win regardless of stats. Great teams always do.

Had the Bills won three more games then the Dolphins and had a playoff berth, Bill fans could argue they were the better team, but that wasn't the case, infact Miami might have one less win then the Bill and even lost both games head to head to the Bills, but if Bill fans are gonna take the credit for the wins, you need to accept that the Bills were a lot healthier then the Dolphins and weren't missing near the talent the Dolphins were. In the end both teams finished the season with about the same record, but Miami finished the season on both sides of the ball much better statistically despite their injuries then a much healthier Bills team.
I agree with you here. There are always "other" factors that play a role. As long as a team doesn't uses these factors as excuses I have no problem admitting it's all part of the game.

Bottom line, Miami needs to improve on their 20th ranked offense to improve and be a playoff team. The Bills need to imporve their 28th ranked offense and the 18th ranked defense to make the playoffs. Obviously Miami has less to imporve on then the Bills, obviously Miami should be the better team in 07. It's really that simple.

This is a little misleading. "Overall" stats on offense and defense mean nothing more than "yardage." Truth is that scoring stats are more important. A team can move up and down the field but not score a point. Buffalo was 22 in scoring and Miami was 29 in scoring. Defensively, Miami was 5th in points allowed and Buffalo was 10th. In the end Buffalo averaged 18.8 ppg and allowed 19.4 while Miami averaged 16.2 ppg and allowed 17.7. Neither team has much to brag about at this point.

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 09:36 AM

I get the point you're trying to make OP, but it's still June, I think Pos is gonna be just fine.

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I get the point you're trying to make OP, but it's still June, I think Pos is gonna be just fine.

Haha! You know you've hit rock bottom when not just a finfan but FTP makes more sense than you.

OpIv37
06-19-2007, 09:40 AM

so do I.... but in a hypothetical situation where he doesn't start, I just don't understand how Skooby or anyone else can excuse bad draft picks because we "put the best team on the field". If the best team doesn't include said draft picks, poor drafting should definitely be a source of concern for fans.

OpIv37
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Haha! You know you've hit rock bottom when not just a finfan but FTP makes more sense than you.

you people think John DiGiorgio as a starting LB is a good thing, but I'M the one not making sense?

I'm done with this conversation. If you want to continue to fool yourself into thinking it's acceptable that john digiorgio is the best we can do, go right ahead.

raphael120
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Comes down to this. We're giving our hopes up for a battle between a 6th round draft pick and an UDFA.

THAT is not good that that's all the depth you have.

I won't even waste my breath with Stamer and Wire.

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
you people think John DiGiorgio as a starting LB is a good thing, but I'M the one not making sense?

I'm done with this conversation. If you want to continue to fool yourself into thinking it's acceptable that john digiorgio is the best we can do, go right ahead.

Still lack comprehension.

Okay coach.

Mitchy moo
06-19-2007, 10:06 AM
so do I.... but in a hypothetical situation where he doesn't start, I just don't understand how Skooby or anyone else can excuse bad draft picks because we "put the best team on the field". If the best team doesn't include said draft picks, poor drafting should definitely be a source of concern for fans.

Moorman was a walk on for us, should we draft a kid and have to put him in front of Moorman, our pro bowl punter?

What your not getting is talent at any position can come from unlikely sources and some people just have a gift for playing ball. When that person turns up on your doorstep (like Moorman) do you just brush them aside or give them a chance?

Our Draft pick was the best choice for what we needed at the time and no one could of possibly known that DiG would do that well until they put all of them on the field. I don't blame anyone for drafting POZ and think he'll be a solid contributor for us.

All that being said, even FTP thinks POZ will do just fine which frightens me.

Saratoga Slim
06-19-2007, 10:13 AM

I don't think it necessarily IS a good thing, but I do think it COULD BE a good thing. He was a rookie last year, coming off a hugely productive career in a small school. If Marv is truly impressed with him, it may be because the guy is actually turning into a very good linebacker at the NFL level as well, as opposed to just being the best of a bunch of bad ones on our roster. There is absolutely no way to tell at this point, so it's almost as foolish to think DiGiorgio starting is UNacceptable as to think that it IS acceptable.

I threw the "almost" in there because I think that while there is certainly a chance that DiGiorgio could be making the jump from outstanding small school LB to quality NFL starter this year, and that there is therefore no reason to get pissed off just yet that Marv is fawning over him, the burden is on DiGiorgio to prove that he IS a solid NFL starter.

For right now, I'm happy to see a fourth guy in the mix for a starting position at LB. I didn't think we had the luxury of either Ellison or Poz having to compete for a starting role. I think Poz is going to start at either MLB or OLB, and I don't really care whether he's on the field with Ellison or DiGiorgio.

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 10:18 AM
This is a little misleading. "Overall" stats on offense and defense mean nothing more than "yardage." Truth is that scoring stats are more important. A team can move up and down the field but not score a point. Buffalo was 22 in scoring and Miami was 29 in scoring. Defensively, Miami was 5th in points allowed and Buffalo was 10th. In the end Buffalo averaged 18.8 ppg and allowed 19.4 while Miami averaged 16.2 ppg and allowed 17.7. Neither team has much to brag about at this point.

The entire post was to come to a simple conclsuion, Maimi has less to imporve on then the Bills. I broke it all down to explain why I think the Dolphins are better. I stand by the conclusion. As far as the scoring, lack of continuity at the QB position will effect that number.

Mitchy moo
06-19-2007, 10:21 AM
The entire post was to come to a simple conclsuion, Maimi has less to imporve on then the Bills. I broke it all down to explain why I think the Dolphins are better. I stand by the conclusion. As far as the scoring, lack of continuity at the QB position will effect that number.

As far as the record (which is how a season in normally remembered), the Fins have more to prove. You drafted higher than us because of a worse record and have more W's to earn. Regardless of stats, you guys also lost both games to us and we're basically inept against us.

Proof is in the win column, not in the stat column.

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 10:30 AM

Oh I agree 100%, but as with any fan forum you're gonna have fans that see the positive in everything that happens. These fans refuse to think there is such a thing as a bad move. Nothing you can do about that, they're not going to cahnge their thinking. Obviously you wouldn't want an UDRFA to out perform your shinny new 2nd roud+ addition for obvious reasons, you want that player to be the player he was that made him such a high selection. But you also have to consider the fact that some players make better pros then college players, Like Tom Brady. It is possible that Digiorgio is a diamond in the rough, and the Bills LB situation is suddenly a strength.

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 10:35 AM
As far as the record (which is how a season in normally remembered), the Fins have more to prove. You drafted higher than us because of a worse record and have more W's to earn. Regardless of stats, you guys also lost both games to us and we're basically inept against us.

Proof is in the win column, not in the stat column.

No proof is not in the win column, that's why you often see teams with the better record lose games to teams with the worse record. Wins and losses only matter for playoff teams, everyone else wins and loses are pointless and hardly a gauge for success.

patmoran2006
06-19-2007, 10:35 AM
What's good about Marv's comments is that it appears in DiGorgio we have another good linebacker; at least GOING BY Levy's comments.

What's bad about it is there is NO WAY to spin it. You trade up for POZ he has to be the best middle linebacker on the team. IF he starts on the outside (which I dont like) then that shows Ellison isn't as good as you thought he was.

By the way, this makes the Takeo Spikes trade in my opinion even dumber than I thought before; especially since we aren't signing Walker anyway and we didnt need to save the cap money.

I'm thrilled to hear DiGorgio is doing well. 16 games is a long time to not expect any injuries to a LB.... But POZ better be starting.

ublinkwescore
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Saying may the best player win is sure as hell defending it.

Like I said, if, and that's a HUGE if, DiGiorgio somehow beats out POS...today, tomorrow, next week, next year...then drafting POS was a huge error by the front office.

Guys drafted on DAY 1 are supposed to be difference makers and cornerstone contributors. Not guys beaten out by 2nd year UDFA. Period.

I will put up any amount of my zonebucks against any one else's on here - mine say Poz will be starting at a linebacker position come week one of the regular season.

ublinkwescore
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
What's good about Marv's comments is that it appears in DiGorgio we have another good linebacker; at least GOING BY Levy's comments.

What's bad about it is there is NO WAY to spin it. You trade up for POZ he has to be the best middle linebacker on the team. IF he starts on the outside (which I dont like) then that shows Ellison isn't as good as you thought he was.

By the way, this makes the Takeo Spikes trade in my opinion even dumber than I thought before; especially since we aren't signing Walker anyway and we didnt need to save the cap money.

I'm thrilled to hear DiGorgio is doing well. 16 games is a long time to not expect any injuries to a LB.... But POZ better be starting.

Who says it's a must that Poz man the middle spot - if he doesn't, then we come out even bigger winners - provided that DiGiorgio is worth more than a couple of urinal cakes unlike Tim Anderson?

Oaf
06-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't read to far into this.
I think DJ is just using this to sort of light a fire under Poz and show him nothing will be handed to him. This will motivate him further to improve quickly. With this premise of a competely open competition, Poz will push himself and should take the position near the end of training camp, just as DJ thought he would.

DJ has used this ploy before; just look at the open QB comp he announced last year b/w JP, Holcomb, and Nall. We all know how that worked out, with JP earning the position. Hopefully for us and for DJ, this time with Poz will work out the same way.
:peace:

Saratoga Slim
06-19-2007, 01:16 PM

1. I don't see a bad spin on the fact that Poz may get moved to OLB. Its possible that the FO wasn't 100% committed to putting Poz at MLB, and drafted him b/c they thought he could be versatile in filling whatever LB position they needed filled. I mean based on his college career he's an OLB, and OBD seemed pretty equivocal about where Crowell was going to play. So to me it doesn't seem like a big deal if they shuffle Poz to OLB if they decide Poz-DiGiorgio-Crowell is better than Ellison-Poz-Crowell.

I guess I don't care where Poz starts, b/c I have about the same level of excitement about Ellison as DiGiorgio. We don't have much invested in either, so who cares which one is on the bench, and either way its nice to have some depth. but I do agree that since we traded a first day pick to get Poz, he should ideally be starting ASAP.

2. DiGiorgio playing well doesn't make me feel worse about the TKO trade, it makes me feel better--because it appears that maybe we do have some depth after all. Now Walker not signing, THAT makes me feel worse about the TKO trade.

Mr. Miyagi
06-19-2007, 01:20 PM
How is it that some people can put a bad spin on anything and everything that happens to the team? Do they see every aspect in life the same way? What kind of sad pathetic lives do they lead? How do they wake up in the morning and be motivated to live the day?

OpIv37
06-19-2007, 01:25 PM
How is it that some people can put a bad spin on anything and everything that happens to the team? Do they see every aspect in life the same way? What kind of sad pathetic lives do they lead? How do they wake up in the morning and be motivated to live the day?

you know, I started typing a long response to this post then I realized it wasn't worth the effort.

If you translate people's frustrations with a football team that's been losing for a decade to their daily lives, then I feel sorry for you.

If you think it's a good thing that John DiGiorgio might be our starting LB, then you are looking at the world with red and blue colored glasses and their is no helping you.

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Im pretty sure Poz played well in College as a MLB and OLB so there is no problem.

Actually many people have the opinion that Posluszny is a much better OLB than he is as a MLB.

raphael120
06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Like I stated before, Takeo was an OLB and was arguably the most productive, impactful LB on our roster.

Poz can be an OLB and do the same. You don't need to be an MLB to make a huge impact.

Goobylal
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
If you think it's a good thing that John DiGiorgio might be our starting LB, then you are looking at the world with red and blue colored glasses and their is no helping you.
Why? Have you seen JD play? Can you see the future? Do you know for a fact that JD won't be a good player? Do you actually think that the Bills would start JD, a former UDFA, over Poz, a guy they had rated as a first rounder, if JD weren't showing something worthy of making him a starter at MLB? If so, there is no helping you.

Again if JD plays well enough to start at MLB, I think the defense will be less of a concern. Having a rookie MLB is tough, certainly tougher than having a rookie OLB. And Poz was a great OLB while he was a work-in-progress as an ILB. The Bills merely pencilled him in at MLB because they didn't know what they had in JD and had an opening there. And Marv said that if JD is the starting MLB, they'd move Poz over, not have him backup JD.

But hey, why not wait and see if you don't take my word for it.

Oh and FTP, you're on serious drugs if you think the Dols still don't have more weaknesses than the Bills.

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
JP competing for the qb and beating Holcomb was a good thing. IF JD improves enough to beat out Poz for the MLB then so be it. The best players play. That's all there is to it.

Marv may be old , but he's a HOF and for somebody to impress MArv ( if JD continues to impress come training camp all the way to preseason) maybe there's something there. We're not at camp to witness whether JD is improving enough or not so how can we say he sucks? Last year was last year, players can improve, that's a fact.

Turf
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't have a meltdown if a rookie LB doesn't start the first game of the season. I would be more inclined to worry if he had to start because we had nothing else. He's still a rookie. He needs SOME time to develop. He'll play at least half games I'm sure if he doesn't start.

BillsFever21
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Compared to the rest of the junk we have at LB then DiGorgio might be looking pretty good but it doesn't make him a good LB. If he was on the Patriots, Bears or about 25 other NFL teams he would be an afterthought to the rest most of the other LB's. That just shows how bad our situation at LB is right now.

Goobylal
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Compared to the rest of the junk we have at LB then DiGorgio might be looking pretty good but it doesn't make him a good LB. If he was on the Patriots, Bears or about 25 other NFL teams he would be an afterthought to the rest most of the other LB's. That just shows how bad our situation at LB is right now.
And again, we know this...how? The key for the defense as a whole will be overall improvement from having had a year in the system. It should also improve because last year's rookies added strength, stamina, and flexibility, to along with their mproved knowledge and experience. As I've said, the key will be a healthy McCargo, although maybe he's just the icing on the cake.

justasportsfan
06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
And again, we know this...how?

:idunno:

FlyingDutchman
06-19-2007, 08:01 PM

I havent read anything after this quote and dont know if anyone responded to it, but this is typical of you bro, you take anything that is positive, and find a way to turn it into a negative. We have someone else playing well at LB. If anything it will push Poz more instead of just handing him the job. Be freakin happy for once.

YardRat
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I think it's a major positive that we drafted a player that has the ability to play more than one position. If Poz were strictly a MLB and hadn't played outside before, I might be able to understand some of the apprehension. Maybe.

Bottom line is we most likely got an immediate starter in the second round. It's a big bonus that we're able to put him in a position where he can play and leave room for another player who apparently is progressing into starter material to get on the field at the same time.

Any other FO makes a similar move, and they're football geniuses and some would be *****ing 'Why can't the Bills do that?'

Well guess what? We just did. Give some credit where it's due, for chrissake.

Goobylal
06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Well guess what? We just did. Give some credit where it's due, for chrissake.
This is the first part of the original post in this thread:

Heard Marv saying they were super high on DiGorgio and that if he continued to impress that they would move Poz over!
If anyone needs any FURTHER help understanding what that says, I'll edumicate ya.

Again having JD start in the middle and Poz playing WLB, with Ellison backing up both outside spots, gives Buffalo a very talented LB'ing corp with good (1 injury) depth.

ublinkwescore
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
that's just stupid.

I couldn't agree more, that was a very, VERY stupid post, and either op is just crying for attention, trying to make himself feel elite hoping that DiGiorgio stinks it up if he ends up starting, or he truly is football-dumb.

You can NEVER tell what a player will end up doing until you see what happens - that's why the play the games.

I guess Op is already ready to crown the Pats as Superbowl Champs though.

I actually saw DiGiorgio make an INT last season in preseason, and then I think they cut him and then re-signed him or something - I'm not sure.

It's not like "he just appeared".

mysticsoto
06-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Obviously Miami has less to imporve on then the Bills, obviously Miami should be the better team in 07. It's really that simple.

That's what you said last year...

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
That's what you said last year...

Don't forget, Aj Feeley was better, Culppeper was better, now Green. Their OL every year is better.

HAMMER
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Miami Sucks, plain and simple. They will occupy the cellar again this year, just like a 35 year old alcoholic still living with his parents.

mysticsoto
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I think the gist of this long thread is the following:

Some people read:

And see:

1) Wow, DiGiorgio is impressing the GM and coaching staff. He must have really worked hard offseason to be that much better than he was last year when he couldn't unseat Fletcher - he must have really studied and trained hard for months and months...though maybe it shouldn't be too surprising considering it has been said he has a great work ethic!!!

Others see:

2) Wow, Poz must really suck for DiGiorgio to be considered for the MLB when he couldn't even unseat Fletcher last year. Our LBs must be even worse than expected and Poz must really be bad. Our LB corps suck, the Bills suck, everything sucks...it's the end of the world! I would hang myself but I can't find a sturdy enough rope...this one was made in China. That sucks. I suck...wah, wah, wah.

See where you fit in...

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I dont care what anyone says.

Im really starting to wish we had just drafted David Harris instead, kept our first third rounder-- and we wouldnt even be having a discussion about who our MLB was going to be.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Of course not.

After all, what is a message board all about? Certainly not debating or discussing topics.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
BTW, we still might dissussing it if John D is excelling.

Goobylal
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Im really starting to wish we had just drafted David Harris instead, kept our first third rounder-- and we wouldnt even be having a discussion about who our MLB was going to be.
LOL! That's because...Harris is proving to be a stud with the Jets during their OTA's? JD wouldn't have shown anything had the Bills drafted Harris instead? The traded 3rd round pick would have solved everything?

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
LOL! That's because...Harris is proving to be a stud with the Jets during their OTA's? JD wouldn't have shown anything had the Bills drafted Harris instead? The traded 3rd round pick would have solved everything?

Another one of his flipflops.

Philagape
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM

Would Harris have been as able to move to OLB as Pos is? Harris doesn't have the range of skills Pos does.

I would bet that if Pos could play ONLY MLB, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's because of his versatility that DiG can start at MLB without Pos losing anything.

They. Can. Both. Start.

Michael82
06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
All I gotta say to all the haters......

JASON PETERS! You never know when you are going to find your diamond in the rough. :::

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 01:03 PM

JASON PETERS! You never know when you are going to find your diamond in the rough. :::
True.

But then that only offsets your highly valued second rounder being another Coy Wire, Ryan Denney or Josh Reed.

I have no problems with JD.. My problem is we traded up for a guy our staff said is our new MLB, and now he may not be our MLB?
"suddenly" he may be better suited for the outside?

I still think its garbage anyway and JD is depth while Poz starts in the middle..

OpIv37
06-20-2007, 01:04 PM

:rolleyes:

If you want to use that logic, why draft Edwards? We should have just waited until the 6th round and drafted a QB- it worked for the Pats with Brady.

For every Jason Peters there are 30 Martin Nance's.

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Would Harris have been as able to move to OLB as Pos is? Harris doesn't have the range of skills Pos does.

I would bet that if Pos could play ONLY MLB, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's because of his versatility that DiG can start at MLB without Pos losing anything.

They. Can. Both. Start.
Harris wouldnt have to move outside to show his range because he'd be entrenched in the middle and it wouldnt matter.

Harris is a hammer in the middle, and I'd rather have a hammer in the middle than a guy who's decent at the outside and decent in the inside..

and thats been my stance about Harris long before this crap came out that JD might be the starting MLB.

Michael82
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
True.

But then that only offsets your highly valued second rounder being another Coy Wire, Ryan Denney or Josh Reed.

I have no problems with JD.. My problem is we traded up for a guy our staff said is our new MLB, and now he may not be our MLB?
"suddenly" he may be better suited for the outside?

I still think its garbage anyway and JD is depth while Poz starts in the middle..
I don't think it means that Poz is a bust. It just means that he is a ****ing rookie! Sometimes it takes time for them to learn the playbook and all that. Hell, it might even mean that our best LBs will be Crowell, Poz, and DiGiorgio. And weren't you the one that was hating on our small LB Ellison, anyways? :scratch:

Michael82
06-20-2007, 01:08 PM

If you want to use that logic, why draft Edwards? We should have just waited until the 6th round and drafted a QB- it worked for the Pats with Brady.

good point. But why not give him a chance? If the Bills shared your attitude...they never would have signed Peters or switched him to Left Tackle to protect the QB's blindside and become a future All-Star. Eventually, the diamonds in the rough have to be dug up and polished, or they will never get a chance to truly sparkle. :yawn:

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

Good. Since there are ~20 UDFA each season, we should find a keeper every 2 years or so!

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't think it means that Poz is a bust. It just means that he is a ****ing rookie! Sometimes it takes time for them to learn the playbook and all that. Hell, it might even mean that our best LBs will be Crowell, Poz, and DiGeorgio. And weren't you the one that was hating on our small LB Ellison, anyways? :scratch:
I never said POZ was a bust..........and I never said anything bad about DiGorgio either.

And Im not a huge fan of Ellison, which is precisely why I can't believe we didnt sign Cato June when I saw the contract he signed with TB.. He's Ellison, only a lot better and more proven.

I dont care where Poz starts, but he better start.. This will be the second straight year otherwise that we TRADED up to get a guy who doesnt start... YOu move up for STARTERS, not rotational guys.

And as far as me thinking David Harris is better than Poz, it was my opinion before the draft-- so I have no reason to feel otherwise because we drafted Poz. Harris is a punnishing run stopper and nobody in the world is going to tell me the Bills dont need that in this defense.

Philagape
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Harris wouldnt have to move outside to show his range because he'd be entrenched in the middle and it wouldnt matter.

Harris is a hammer in the middle, and I'd rather have a hammer in the middle than a guy who's decent at the outside and decent in the inside..

and thats been my stance about Harris long before this crap came out that JD might be the starting MLB.

I'd rather our three best LBs be on the field. What if DiG is better than Ellison?

I'd also rather our LBs be suited for our defense, which Harris isn't

Philagape
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
It was my opinion

Given how often you've been wrong, those words have no business being taken seriously

Michael82
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd rather our three best LBs be on the field. What if DiG is better than Ellison?

I'd also rather our LBs be suited for our defense, which Harris isn't
EXACTLY! At least someone gets it. :bf1:

Michael82
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Given how often you've been wrong, those words have no business being taken seriously
:rofl:

Saratoga Slim
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM

I'd have been more or less as happy with Harris as I am with Poz. I think they're about equal on the prospect-meter, and they're both reputably terrific in the intangibles department. Thus, if we could have gotten Harris without trading away the 3rd (which we maybe then use on a CB), I would have been all for it.

But that is 100% hindsight....there really was no reason at the time to be confident that either Poz or Harris, or both players, would be still on the board when our 2nd round pick came up. Both were predicted as possible first rounders, and could have easily been snapped up quick in the beginning of the 2nd. We had such a gaping hole at LB that I can't blame the FO at all for moving up to make sure they got a top LB prospect that fits our system.

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I've been wrong before? no way

In my wrong opinion, the LB situation was fumbled BEFORE the draft when we failed to sign a single free agent for the position.

That leaves the success of the unit in the hands of a rookie second rounder , an undrafted free agent from last year who barely saw the field as a rookie, and a 6th rounder from a year ago that suddenly may not be one of the best three LB's on the team?

Cato June's 3 year/12 million deal looks pretty cheap if Im a Bills fan in this spot.

I disagree with you about Harris and his "fit" as well. He may not be as "athletic" in pass coverage as Pos, but he'll knock you're head off when you come through the hole... any opponents attitude this year offensively is going to be "why fly there, when you can just simply drive".

Lastly, I'm a big Lynch fan. But can't get over reading Chris Browns' blog a month or so ago, when he said SF called Buffalo and offered to swap picks, the Bills said no and then "chuckled" when they took Patrick Willis.

We'll see if they're still chuckling about SF taking Willis when the games start.

The Bills are a team that EASILY could have a LB tandem right of Cato June, Patrick Willis and Angelo Crowell, and nobody in the league would be talking **** about that.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 01:34 PM

I suppose the OP logc is better "I haven't been to camp nor seen him at camp LATELY. He sucks anyways no matter what the coaches saw. If he was a back up LAST YEAR , he'll stay a back up for life and the bills will suck "

Philagape
06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
That leaves the success of the unit in the hands of a rookie second rounder , an undrafted free agent from last year who barely saw the field as a rookie, and a 6th rounder from a year ago that suddenly may not be one of the best three LB's on the team?

We'll see .... when the games start.

casdhf
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe we should pick up Erik Flowers, he was a first rounder after all.

Saratoga Slim
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
The Bills are a team that EASILY could have a LB tandem right of Cato June, Patrick Willis and Angelo Crowell, and nobody in the league would be talking **** about that.

Whatever on Patrick Willis. I am getting pretty excited about Lynch, who looks like a great fit for what we're trying to do on offense. Moreover, who knows what our RB situation would look like right now if we had given SF whatever they were asking for to trade spots, AND then taken Willis with the 1st rounder.

we got Poz, who's a notch below Willis as a prospect, and Lynch, who's a notch above any RB we could have drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I'm not going to say that we'd be clearly better off as a whole if we had Willis instead of Poz and say Kenny Irons instead of Lynch.

As to Cato June.....who knows why they didn't bring him in, perhaps he didn't want to come here for the same price TB paid him. It's real hard to do to much second guessing on FAs that we didn't get, cause we have no idea what the hang ups were. For all we know Cato's been banging JP's girlfriend and the FO didn't want to put them in the same lockerroom.

all that said, if I'm going to second guess the FO as to off-season FA moves regarding the linebackers, pencil me in for wishing that our current corps was Takeo Spikes, Poz and Crowell.

I'm sure there was a sound reason for dumping TKO, but without knowing any of the inside crap, I wish he was still here and that I'd never heard of Darwin "how the hell does anyone trust me to architect anything at the age of 29 with only an undergraduate degree from Tennessee that I got while playing full-time college ball" Walker.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM

but even the great Polian didn't want to resign June. Is he only great when he signs Hughes?

OpIv37
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I suppose the OP logc is better "I haven't been to camp nor seen him at camp LATELY. He sucks anyways no matter what the coaches saw. If he was a back up LAST YEAR , he'll stay a back up for life and the bills will suck "

yeah well you can't try to turn 3+ back ups into starters in the same year (DiGiorgio, Ellison, Youboty/K Thomas, arguably McCargo and Williams) and expect results.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
yeah well you can't try to turn 3+ back ups into starters in the same year (DiGiorgio, Ellison, Youboty/K Thomas, arguably McCargo and Williams) and expect results.
says who? You? WHo's talking about that anyways?

My point is that you are so quick to disparage what a HOF coach has to say about a player and stick your own opinion that has no basis whatsoever. You hvan't even been to camp and yet you know better? Besides , you are so way off with you "wasted pick" comment even though he is just being MOVED IF Digorgio continues to impress with pads.

Either your lack comprehension or you're just *****ing to *****.

Anytime a player IMPRESSES an NFL coach it's a good thing. I don't expect you to understand.

Philagape
06-20-2007, 02:00 PM
but even the great Polian didn't want to resign June. Is he only great when he signs Hughes?

The Colts were in cap hell. They lost several starters so they could keep Freeney

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
The Colts were in cap hell. They lost several starters so they could keep Freeney
but they wanted to bring in that other lb they cut for a look. Contradiction .

OpIv37
06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
says who? You? WHo's talking about that anyways?

My point is that you are so quick to disparage what a HOF coach has to say about a player and stick your own opinion that has no basis whatsoever. You hvan't even been to camp and yet you know better? Besides , you are so way off with you "wasted pick" comment even though he is just being MOVED IF Digorgio continues to impress with pads.

Either your lack comprehension or you're just *****ing to *****.

Anytime a player IMPRESSES an NFL coach it's a good thing. I don't expect you to understand.

Impressing an NFL coach when the competition is Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan and Keith Ellison is not exactly impressive. But I don't expect you to understand.

As far as the "wasted pick" comment, you're taking that completely out of context. Skooby said he didn't care if poz was on the bench as long as the best team was on the field. That would mean he doesnt' care about using 2 first day picks on a benchwarmer. In case you didn't notice, poor drafting by TD is one of the reasons we are in this situation, so for Skooby to say he doesn't care about bad drafting is absolutely ridiculous.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Impressing an NFL coach when the competition is Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan and Keith Ellison is not exactly impressive. But I don't expect you to understand.

As far as the "wasted pick" comment, you're taking that completely out of context. Skooby said he didn't care if poz was on the bench as long as the best team was on the field. That would mean he doesnt' care about using 2 first day picks on a benchwarmer. In case you didn't notice, poor drafting by TD is one of the reasons we are in this situation, so for Skooby to say he doesn't care about bad drafting is absolutely ridiculous.

:roflmao: Stamer? The guy intercepted your beloved JP "I'll give him several years to develop" Losman . WTF are you reading?

OKay so we should just believe you instead of Marv? Okay. We'll just have to trust you even though you weren't at camp. Nice logic there :coocoo: