PDA

View Full Version : My thought on Lynch

patmoran2006
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm in my mid-30's, and whether it was as a fan or to do some kind of story, I've been to a lot of Bills training camps.

I have to say, during that time there is only a very small handful of players that I liked more than what I've seen from Lynch right now-- and absolutely NONE of them as a rookie. Not Thurm, not Moulds, not Bennett--- nobody.

I was doing my own little campaigning on here last spring for the bills to take Lynch with their first pick, but even I admit I didn't know how sharp this kid is on the field.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB, certainly not one in a Bills uniform who can cut as hard as he does without losing any of his speed. I was originally comparing him to a Stephen Jackson type because of his makeup and size, but this guy not only runs big he's fast and shifty as hell.

It was without pads, but I swear he put a step in the hole on I think Angelo Crowell that if it was a live game woulda made him break his ankle he "juked" him so bad.

His hands are solid as well. He's the best Bills rookie I've certainly seen in well over a decade.

Potentially the Bills find themselves in the very near future with the best RB and WR in the conference. There is absolutely no excuse for Losman now. I think Lynch is going to make ALL of the skilled players around him better. This guy is even sicker than I thought.

Mad Bomber
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm really excited to see what this kid will do for us - I can't wait to see him play. He's going to be our next Thurmal.

BlackMetalNinja
08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm really excited to see what this kid will do for us - I can't wait to see him play. He's going to be our next Thurmal.

Ditto!

Thanks for the report Pat... Lynch is the biggest reason I'm so excited for this season to start!

Tatonka
08-09-2007, 09:04 AM
we are currently doing our fantasy draft.. and it is killing me.. because it is a points per receptoin league.. and my first pick was henry (9th overall in a 12 team league).. second pick was thomas jones..

now i know that no one SHOULD have lynch on their radar in the 3rd round.. but i am so tempted to take him.. i will probalby go with a top WR, which may end up being evans.. but i want to make sure i get lynch on my roster.. no matter what..

i love everything i have seen from this kid.

patmoran2006
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
IF you get to carry players over into the next season I would draft Lynch early, he's going to be ridiculous in the coming years.

Philagape
08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I've been seeing Lynch go in the 4th round, but in a PPR league I can definitely see third.

mysticsoto
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm in my mid-30's, and whether it was as a fan or to do some kind of story, I've been to a lot of Bills training camps.

I have to say, during that time there is only a very small handful of players that I liked more than what I've seen from Lynch right now-- and absolutely NONE of them as a rookie. Not Thurm, not Moulds, not Bennett--- nobody.

I was doing my own little campaigning on here last spring for the bills to take Lynch with their first pick, but even I admit I didn't know how sharp this kid is on the field.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB, certainly not one in a Bills uniform who can cut as hard as he does without losing any of his speed. I was originally comparing him to a Stephen Jackson type because of his makeup and size, but this guy not only runs big he's fast and shifty as hell.

It was without pads, but I swear he put a step in the hole on I think Angelo Crowell that if it was a live game woulda made him break his ankle he "juked" him so bad.

His hands are solid as well. He's the best Bills rookie I've certainly seen in well over a decade.

Potentially the Bills find themselves in the very near future with the best RB and WR in the conference. There is absolutely no excuse for Losman now. I think Lynch is going to make ALL of the skilled players around him better. This guy is even sicker than I thought.

I think it was Jabari Greer actually...who is pretty fast on his own.

But I agree, Lynch has looked really good, has a great attitude, is big and strong and shifty and alot of people are going to fall in love with him once he starts playing and putting up numbers!!!

madness
08-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I think it was Jabari Greer actually...who is pretty fast on his own.

But I agree, Lynch has looked really good, has a great attitude, is big and strong and shifty and alot of people are going to fall in love with him once he starts playing and putting up numbers!!!

You might be thinking of when Greer laid a nice hit on him and he didn't even lose balance. He just shook it off and kept on running.

Hopefully Lynch and Wright are going to be nasty for years to come. They remind me of the offensive version of Dante and Ko.

PECKERWOOD
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Did you take your medicine today Pat? :D

Tatonka
08-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I've been seeing Lynch go in the 4th round, but in a PPR league I can definitely see third.

i think i am going with wr in the 3rd and take a chance that no one in my league really knows much about lynch yet.. with 2 rbs.. i just cant justify taking him yet.. but it is a keeper league.. so i want him bad.

Tatonka
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM
i think the important thing though is that i select him before the game tomorrow night.. because i think he puts up 75 yards on 10 carries and then everyone in my league will be on his nut sac

Generalissimus Gibby
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM

great post Pat, can you imagine what Lynch's ability to catch passes will do for JP and God if the kid can pass block for JP then the sky is the limit and we will be very dangerous, our defense might be our achilles heel but we will have the offensive firepower to stay in almost any game.

Tatonka
08-09-2007, 01:29 PM
jp, lynch, and evans...

sweet.

raphael120
08-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Ok...so...we know Evans is a superstar...it's looking like Lynch is going to be bad ass. JP....don't screw this up for us!

HHURRICANE
08-09-2007, 01:45 PM
The comments from our own D and Dockery are pretty impressive!!

Camp is camp, but even Reggie Bush struggled in camp. The fact that Lynch looks this good, this early, is at worst very encouraging.

jamze132
08-09-2007, 01:51 PM
We will all see for the first time tomorrow night...

PECKERWOOD
08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
The comments from our own D and Dockery are pretty impressive!!

Camp is camp, but even Reggie Bush struggled in camp. The fact that Lynch looks this good, this early, is at worst very encouraging.

Reggie Bush struggled throughout the season as a runner, not just in camp. I expect Marshawn to be a better pure runner than Bush was last season.

cocamide
08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
As long as he stays healthy, he's ROY, no doubt.

Mitchy moo
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM

:dance:

duhbilz
08-09-2007, 09:33 PM
What about Johnson in Detroit or Peterson in Minn, Gonzalez in Indy?

mybills
08-10-2007, 06:13 AM
There is absolutely no excuse for Losman now.
who's making excuses for JP? :tap: