PDA

View Full Version : McCargo left practice

Pages : [1] 2

M
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Jeez - I hope this turns out to be nothing!

MCCARGO EXITS PRACTICE EARLY: John McCargo was pulled out of practice early after what appeared to be a left foot injury. He was examined extensively on the sideline by trainers as its his surgically repaired foot. It can't be too serious however since he left the field under his own power.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

JoeMama
08-14-2007, 01:48 PM
The thought of Tiny Tim or Larry Tripplett getting more playing time than John McCargo worries me.

Let's hope he's a quick healer.

Philagape
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Here we go again .... and again ..........

Wally The Barber
08-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Not good news...
I hope the Bills are making plans to bring in another DT pretty soon as the position is already fairly weak by not signing Darwin Walker.
Lets hope for the best.....got me worried though!

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 01:53 PM
The thought of Tiny Tim or Larry Tripplett getting more playing time than John McCargo worries me.

Let's hope he's a quick healer.

Doesn't matter if he heals quickly, he'll just get injured again, and again and AGAIN...

ZacGriffi~82
08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
for Opiv:

Yes, yes he is knicked up frequently.

Mr. Miyagi
08-14-2007, 01:55 PM
That injury prone label is never coming off.

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
How long until it's safe to call McCargo a bust?

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Find someone else.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I blame this on the front office. This guy had injury problems in college so what do the Bills do, they actually trade up to draft the guy. Why is it this organization insists on using premium draft picks on injured and unmotivated players ?

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I blame this on the front office. This guy had injury problems in college so what do the Bills do, they actually trade up to draft the guy. Why is it this organization insists on using premium draft picks on injured and unmotivated players ?

blaming the FO isn't allowed- they've only had one year so mistakes don't count.

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 02:02 PM

I thought the move was ******ed at the time as well, and it looks like I was right. John McCargo? Who? The guy from Diehard? Ugh...

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Hope it is minor like it says........

OpIv37
That injury prone label is never coming off.

well, certainly not if he keeps getting injured... the guy's been injured TWICE in camp and it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet.

Dr. Lecter
blaming the FO isn't allowed- they've only had one year so mistakes don't count.

Not true, but blaming them for the past 7 years is kinda dumb.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

:10:

Bill Brasky
08-14-2007, 02:07 PM
jesus christ man, this guy reminds me of the guy that punted for us in high school. hurt every damn day.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Why is it dumb ? They have the same owner don't they ?

All it would take is for Ralph to walk into the freaking room and say the next time we use on first rd. pick on an injured player your fired.
No more Mcgahee's and McCargo's.
If you a team like the Pats coming off multiple s-bowls then you can take a flyer on those type of players.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:09 PM

oh, no,

I've been told I can't blame them for the Darwin Walker trade debacle, trading Spikes, Andre Davis, Tutan Reyes, Robert Royal, Peerless price, trading up for McCargo, not addressing the DL this year, or pretty much anything else.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM

the last 7 years happened the Bills, regardless of who the GM was. And as a fan, I'm pissed and frustrated about it. I'm not willing to go "new GM- doesn't matter" because it DOES matter.

Meathead
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
panic much

DMBcrew36
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow, McCargo is fragile.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
panic much

Well when your down to Triplett, Anderson, and Williams there is some concern.
Two of them stink and one is average.

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I remember Op posting a comment saying something along the lines of: You could post a thread saying that Tim Anderson is a bust and blah blah and you would get rep out the ass for it but if you were to post a thread bashing anyone else on the team, you would most likely have a handful of people giving you hard time. It seems as if McCargo is entering the same ranks as Anderson, which isn't good. The label is fair, but not good.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
oh, no,

I've been told I can't blame them for the Darwin Walker trade debacle, trading Spikes, Andre Davis, Tutan Reyes, Robert Royal, Peerless price, trading up for McCargo, not addressing the DL this year, or pretty much anything else.

Walker was a mess up, although if they get a 4th it turned out OK.
Spikes? Bad fit here and did not want to be here.
Davis? Why was he a mistake? A 5th/6th WR who played for the veteran minimum. He is a depth guy. When you say things like this is when we ask you about a roster of All-pros. He was neither a mistake or a good signing.
Reyes? Yep.
Royal? He is average. Nothing more nothing less. It might help him if he can leave the backfield.
Price? Average, leaning on bad.
D-Line? We agree to disagree on how bad they were this year. To you, only the bad stats count for anything. Pass D ranking? Who cares? Scoring defense? Who cares. The only one that matters is run defense.

Problem is, you fail to ever acknowledge event the smallest positive and dwell on the negatives.

The teams was not 4-12 this year.

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Walker was a mess up, although if they get a 4th it turned out OK.
Spikes? Bad fit here and did not want to be here.
Davis? Why was he a mistake? A 5th/6th WR who played for the veteran minimum. He is a depth guy. When you say things like this is when we ask you about a roster of All-pros. He was neither a mistake or a good signing.
Reyes? Yep.
Royal? He is average. Nothing more nothing less. It might help him if he can leave the backfield.
Price? Average, leaning on bad.
D-Line? We agree to disagree on how bad they were this year. To you, only the bad stats count for anything. Pass D ranking? Who cares? Scoring defense? Who cares. The only one that matters is run defense.

Problem is, you fail to ever acknowledge event the smallest positive and dwell on the negatives.

The teams was not 4-12 this year.

Last I checked, we haven't won a playoff game since 1995. What is so positive about that Lecter? The only positive thing I can draw from that is the fact that we are still somehow in Buffalo.

Dr. Lecter
the last 7 years happened the Bills, regardless of who the GM was. And as a fan, I'm pissed and frustrated about it. I'm not willing to go "new GM- doesn't matter" because it DOES matter.

So it is Marv's fault?

He is trying to fix the mess you *****ed about and now you ***** about him fixing it.

They are trying to build a team and have started from scratch.

mysticsoto
Why is it dumb ? They have the same owner don't they ?

All it would take is for Ralph to walk into the freaking room and say the next time we use on first rd. pick on an injured player your fired.
No more Mcgahee's and McCargo's.
If you a team like the Pats coming off multiple s-bowls then you can take a flyer on those type of players.
Yeah...maybe Ralph Wilson should have gotten involved in something he knows nothing about long ago...then we would have been stuck with mediocrity at best throughout the 90s and never would have drafted Thurman Thomas to begin with. :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Last I checked, we haven't won a playoff game since 1995. What is so positive about that Lecter? The only positive thing I can draw from that is the fact that we are still somehow in Buffalo.

What I see positive is a GM and staff bulding a team with direction.

The years 1995-2005 do not fall on Marv and crew. They fall on TD and JB.

I don't how else to say it.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
panic much

the guy had the same foot injury two years in a row, two off-season surgeries, and this is his second injury in the 3 weeks of camp.

We already lost Hargrove- if McCargo can't stay healthy (as evidence so far suggests he can't), our DT's are Anderson, Tripplett, Williams and Jefferson. Our DE's are Schobel, Kelsay, Denney and... I don't know, I guess we'd have to keep Eric Powell or something.

If you're not panicking, I don't know what to tell you. That has disaster written all over it.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
BTW, before we freak out about this I hope everybody remembers the panic mode people went into when JP missed ONE day of practice.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
the guy had the same foot injury two years in a row, two off-season surgeries, and this is his second injury in the 3 weeks of camp.

We already lost Hargrove- if McCargo can't stay healthy (as evidence so far suggests he can't), our DT's are Anderson, Tripplett, Williams and Jefferson. Our DE's are Schobel, Kelsay, Denney and... I don't know, I guess we'd have to keep Eric Powell or something.

If you're not panicking, I don't know what to tell you. That has disaster written all over it.

Can we wait and see if he is injured?

Remember day 1 and how you were convinced JP was "injured"?

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
So it is Marv's fault?

He is trying to fix the mess you *****ed about and now you ***** about him fixing it.

"Trying to fix" and "actually fixing" are not the same thing.

At what point did "different" and "better" become the same thing?

I don't like the way he's fixing it and I don't like how long it's taking. Like I said, you can start your "losing clock" over at the start of Marv's tenure. As for me and the rest of the sports world, the clock starts when we started losing, which was that ****ing travesty of a playoff game in 1999.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
So it is Marv's fault?

I agree there is too much dwelling on the smallest of negatives while ignoring the posistives however Marv did not start from scratch, Evans, Losman, Peters, Schoebel, Moorman were all here already before him,

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Can we wait and see if he is injured?

Remember day 1 and how you were convinced JP was "injured"?

yeah, he's not injured- he must have left the field because it had been 36 whole hours since he'd seen the medical staff and he was starting to miss those guys.

Do you have any confidence that this guy can stay on the field? If so, why? History shows he can't. This isn't a player who's normally healthy missing a portion of a practice. This is a guy with a long history of injuries leaving the field yet again. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

JoeMama

To Marv's credit, he was responsible for our most recent playoff victory in 1995.

Which seems like a lifetime ago now.

Dr. Lecter

At what point did "different" and "better" become the same thing?

I don't like the way he's fixing it and I don't like how long it's taking. Like I said, you can start your "losing clock" over at the start of Marv's tenure. As for me and the rest of the sports world, the clock starts when we started losing, which was that ****ing travesty of a playoff game in 1999.

How long is too long?

One season? A season the team improved (at least in W-L record)?

So is your solution to fold the team? Hire and fire a GM/coach every year?

In the end Marv has had ONE SEASON under his belt. And the team GOT BETTER THAT ONE SEASON. Their record was better.

Shoudl have he been fired after last season for not making the playoffs?

raphael120
BIG FAT STINKIN BUST!

He hasn't looked good all camp, AND he's injured all the time! At this point he is WORSE than Tim Anderson because at least Anderson can suck while keeping injury free!

PECKERWOOD
What I see positive is a GM and staff bulding a team with direction.

The years 1995-2005 do not fall on Marv and crew. They fall on TD and JB.

I don't how else to say it.

It doesn't matter who gets the blame, it's about the product that our owner has been putting out on the field for us. I pay good money for tickets and other memorobilia and I've devoted alot of time to this team, this site, going to games and spending money on jerseys and video games and I have a right to ***** about a product that hasn't been satisfactory lately.

duhbilz
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Some people just aren't cut out for the Pros!

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
So it is Marv's fault?

that's what he's saying. Keep up will ya :couch:

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:27 PM
It doesn't matter who gets the blame, it's about the product that our owner has been putting out on the field for us. I pay good money for tickets and other memorobilia and I've devoted alot of time to this team, this site, going to games and spending money on jerseys and video games and I have a right to ***** about a product that hasn't been satisfactory lately.

Nobody said you don't have the right.

Assuming there is no chance this team is improving is silly though.

Me? They might be worse this year. But they also might be better.

eyedog
Yeah...maybe Ralph Wilson should have gotten involved in something he knows nothing about long ago...then we would have been stuck with mediocrity at best throughout the 90s and never would have drafted Thurman Thomas to begin with. :rolleyes:

It's really not that difficult. "No first round draft picks on college players coming off injuries." Simple really.
Unless we won the Super Bowl the previous season.

Philagape
My *****ing clock started over when we changed front offices.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Agreed

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM

how can he have fixed the last 7 years when he wasn't here? Oh I get it, he's suppose to fix it in 1 season. That's realistic :coocoo:

ParanoidAndroid
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Do we know anything about this injury yet? Could it be that he got stepped on or something of that nature and they're being cautious?

raphael120
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
At this point we should trade McCargo for some ****ing slim fast for Tim Anderson.

duhbilz
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I know there two different positions, but this may prevent the release of Hargrove.

PECKERWOOD
Nobody said you don't have the right.

Assuming there is no chance this team is improving is silly though.

Me? They might be worse this year. But they also might be better.

I just don't like McCargo. I'm hoping there is an outside chance that we can bring somebody else in here to replace him. I would not be disappointed at all if we were to cut our losses.

Bill Brasky
Well when your down to Triplett, Anderson, and Williams there is some concern.
Two of them stink and one is average.

Yeah, added to the fact that the guy can't seem to get out of bed for breakfast without injuring himself.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I just don't like McCargo. I'm hoping there is an outside chance that we can bring somebody else in here to replace him. I would not be disappointed at all if we were to cut our losses.

After one season? At one of the most difficult to learn positions?

Way too early.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM

***** now and apologize later?

Op said in another thread we are not far with expectations. We just approach it in a different manner.

I just don't want to be in the same wagon as him in this journey " are we there yet?" 100000000 X .

raphael120
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Way too early.

Dude, WTF ? Kyle Williams is doing pretty damn well and he was a late round pick.

Keep coming up with excuses man, is he your secret lover or something, i dont understand the droves of people making excuse after excuse for this guy.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I know there two different positions, but this may prevent the release of Hargrove.

How the heck can they release him, they have nobody left to speak of to begin with.

PECKERWOOD
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Way too early.

I just have a feeling that he is a bust. He has done nothing since coming to Buffalo and I hated this pick when we drafted him. So far my gut has been right the whole way. It's obvious this guy has NO toughness or motivation. Hell, Kyle Williams a 5th round pick has completely outplayed him so far. What a complete disappointment McCargo has been. What's next? McCargo got his dork caught in his zipper while using the bathroom today, looks like he will miss a couple more days of training camp. He needs to spend less time getting manicures and more time practicing on the field, it's the only way he'll get better. He needs to suck it up and play through minor injuries, period.

mysticsoto
It's really not that difficult. "No first round draft picks on college players coming off injuries." Simple really.
Unless we won the Super Bowl the previous season.

If they hadn't moved up to draft him at the end of the 1st rd, somebody else was about to take him. Then people would be complaining here that we didn't even try to get a good DT. More *****ing would ensue...it's a lose-lose for the FO. They pick players that they think will fit the system - thankfully, they do not cater to the faint-hearted overanxious alarmists around here...

Dr. Lecter
Dude, WTF ? Kyle Williams is doing pretty damn well and he was a late round pick.

Keep coming up with excuses man, is he your secret lover or something, i dont understand the droves of people making excuse after excuse for this guy.

Yep. We are a couple. You caught us.

DT's usually take time to develop. Especially those that come out early.

He might be a bust. He might not be.

Do you remember Eric Moulds first two seasons?

RedEyE
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
So (according to some on this board) it's Ok for Marv to be credited for drafting a player like Poz in the 2nd round, but it's taboo to assume he doesn't some how deserve to share the blame in trading up to draft McCargo when his inflictions had already been advertised?

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
If they hadn't moved up to draft him at the end of the 1st rd, somebody else was about to take him. Then people would be complaining here that we didn't even try to get a good DT. More *****ing would ensue...it's a lose-lose for the FO. They pick players that they think will fit the system - thankfully, they do not cater to the faint-hearted overanxious alarmists around here...

You've hit on a whole other topic.

IMO they f-ed up that draft when they took Whitner over Ngata. they then could have done their trade up for Mangold. but lets not go there.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Lets not go that far, many good DT's were taken after McCargo and there were some this year too. Suffice it to say people are frustrated bc McCargo hasnt proved he's worth either a 1st round pick, or trading up to do so.

raphael120
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Oh, here's defense number 2, comparing the current player to a past player. Eric Moulds wasn't injured perrenailly and Eric Moulds didnt have to push huge 300 pound men out of the way, and Eric Moulds wasn't part of a 28th ranked rushing D.

I could go on and on.

Here;s another thing. The sad part is that he's been injured twice already in camp, and how many times have we had padded practice? Like 3? He's more fragile than fine china.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
You've hit on a whole other topic.

IMO they f-ed up that draft when they took Whitner over Ngata. they then could have done their trade up for Mangold. but lets not go there.

So instead of *****ing about DT play we could ***** about bad S play, which imo is much more important in a Cover 2 scheme. Hence the reason our pass D is so good.

raphael120
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
So instead of *****ing about DT play we could ***** about bad S play, which imo is much more important in a Cover 2 scheme. Hence the reason our pass D is so good.

Doesn't matter if you have awesome S's when the opponent is gashing you on the ground.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
:movie:

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Well if teams run the ball down your throat the whole game you won't have to worry about that pass defense too much now will you.

you build inside out. something the bills have yet to understand.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Well, not necessarily lose-lose- if they found a DT who could stay on the field and actually play, we wouldn't be *****ing. That's their job- put the right players on the field. And until they do that, we have every right to *****.

BTW, how does being concerned about a position that has sucked for 3 years and a player who hasn't been able to stay on the field for two years (dating back to his college career) make one an "alarmist"? The reasons for concern with both McCargo and the DL are well established.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Doesn't matter if you have awesome S's when the opponent is gashing you on the ground.

I can say the same thing about having awesome DT's if your getting burned deep, and then you'll counter with good DT's should provide pass rush and less time for QB to throw deep, and Ill come back with using the safeties properly by putting 8 or 9 in the box should help on the Run D, but lets save us both the time.

DraftBoy
Well if teams run the ball down your throat the whole game you won't have to worry about that pass defense too much now will you.

you build inside out. something the bills have yet to understand.

See post above

OpIv37

yeah, pass D looked great on Friday :rolleyes:

What good is pass D when you don't have the offense or the run D to force teams to pass?

PECKERWOOD

MCCARGO EXITS PRACTICE EARLY: John McCargo was pulled out of practice early after what appeared to be a left foot injury. He was examined extensively on the sideline by trainers as its his surgically repaired foot. It can't be too serious however since he left the field under his own power.

LOOK AT THE **** STORM YOU STARTED! 4 PAGES LATER... j/p

njsue
08-14-2007, 02:49 PM
He seems like a bust!

DraftBoy
yeah, pass D looked great on Friday :rolleyes:

What good is pass D when you don't have the offense or the run D to force teams to pass?

Look up

eyedog
See post above

good safties are easier to find then good d-lineman.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
LOOK AT THE **** STORM YOU STARTED! 4 PAGES LATER... j/p

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM

so DT's take time to develop.

What are we supposed to do in that time? Let other teams shove the ball down our throats? Pray that Schobel can consistently beat double teams in the pass rush.

Here's a thought- since it's a ROTATIONAL player, have proven players to rotate in while the rookies develop. Don't just resign to sucking until they develop (especially since they may not develop).

Also, he's not going to develop if he can't stay on the field. So far, he can't stay on the field. I'll let you make the logical inference from those two statements.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 02:53 PM
good safties are easier to find then good d-lineman.

Oh come on, now your reaching for things, you have nothing to even begin to backup that statement, in fact if you look at draft history you will see way more DT's taken higher than S, in fact the highest a S has ever gone I think was Roy Williams to Dallas, so based on that I think S are harder to find.

BlackMetalNinja
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
jesus christ man, this guy reminds me of the guy that punted for us in high school. hurt every damn day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl: :lmao:

Tha Biggie! He got hurt about 2384 times every basketball season too. Maybe if he didn't look like a bowling ball...

eyedog
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh come on, now your reaching for things, you have nothing to even begin to backup that statement, in fact if you look at draft history you will see way more DT's taken higher than S, in fact the highest a S has ever gone I think was Roy Williams to Dallas, so based on that I think S are harder to find.

Damn Draftboy you are brilliant. Thanks for proving my point.

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Lets not go that far, many good DT's were taken after McCargo and there were some this year too. Suffice it to say people are frustrated bc McCargo hasnt proved he's worth either a 1st round pick, or trading up to do so.

I don't think many DTs after McCargo have proven themselves as "great" yet...much less any taken this year. We don't know that McCargo isn't going to be able to recover and play - nor do we know at what level he will end up playing. Let's wait and see before we jump the gun...

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM

It doesn't matter that you have awesome run stoppers up front if you can't stop them from gashing you in the air. Otherwise the era of PW and SA would have taken us to the superbowl...

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Damn Draftboy you are brilliant. Thanks for proving my point.

Point being?

OpIv37
I don't think many DTs after McCargo have proven themselves as "great" yet...much less any taken this year. We don't know that McCargo isn't going to be able to recover and play - nor do we know at what level he will end up playing. Let's wait and see before we jump the gun...

we should wait and see like we did with Mike Williams and Rob Johnson? Good idea.

Wally The Barber
I would have to say there is no sense in blaming anyone at this point!
I will be happy to blame someone should the Bills do nothing to correct the problem and bring in atleast 2 players as we lost Darwin Walker too!
The players are available and Tank Johnson is not a good option but there are other options and you guys already who they are!

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Injury prone? seems like it. Bust? not enough data.

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Well, not necessarily lose-lose- if they found a DT who could stay on the field and actually play, we wouldn't be *****ing. That's their job- put the right players on the field. And until they do that, we have every right to *****.

BTW, how does being concerned about a position that has sucked for 3 years and a player who hasn't been able to stay on the field for two years (dating back to his college career) make one an "alarmist"? The reasons for concern with both McCargo and the DL are well established.

As you know, drafting is a lottery. The FO aren't fortune-telling glass bowl waxers like our resident Ms. Cleo...

And by the way, worrying about DT doesn't make you an alarmist. Panicing over any little thing does - like when you were whining and panicing about JP missing his 1st day @TC...

eyedog
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Point being?

Take your time and fiqure it out.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:03 PM
It doesn't matter that you have awesome run stoppers up front if you can't stop them from gashing you in the air. Otherwise the era of PW and SA would have taken us to the superbowl...

actually it works the opposite- most teams use the run to set up the pass.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:03 PM
like when you were whining and panicing about JP missing his 1st day @TC...

can of worms..... :movie:

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
As you know, drafting is a lottery. The FO aren't fortune-telling glass bowl waxers like our resident Ms. Cleo...

And by the way, worrying about DT doesn't make you an alarmist. Panicing over any little thing does - like when you were whining and panicing about JP missing his 1st day @TC...

And now it all becomes clear. One of the big reasons we sucked during the TD years was the inability to draft. Well.....

Drafting is not a crystal ball but it doesn't take Ms Cleo to figure out that a team with so many needs shouldn't spend two first day picks on a guy with a history of injury.

And regardless of my personal status as an alarmist, there is legitimate reason for concern here, so me whining about JP is irrelevant.

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
we should wait and see like we did with Mike Williams and Rob Johnson? Good idea.

Or maybe like Pat Williams who developed. Or maybe like Jason Peters who developed...

eyedog
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Take your time and fiqure it out.

Ok times up.

The exact reason all the d-lineman get drafted first is because they are harder to find.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Or maybe like Pat Williams who developed. Or maybe like Jason Peters who developed...

Or Crowell. Or Moulds. Or JP.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:06 PM

I don't remember Pat Williams' development but Jason Peters NEVER had close to as many question marks about him as McCargo. In fact, the guy pretty much impressed from Day 1, other than one or two mental mistakes. . So find a better example.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:06 PM
And now it all becomes clear. One of the big reasons we sucked during the TD years was the inability to draft. Well.....

I thought TD drafted well enough. It's his coaches who couldn't piece everything together.

It actually takes a few year to judge a draft. But McCargo is already a bust. :up:

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Or Crowell. Or Moulds. Or JP.

JP hasn't developed yet.

DraftBoy

Lets play a game called how many DT's you would rather have from the 06 draft instead of McCargo.

Dusty Dvoracek
Gabe Watson
Domata Petko
Barry Cofield
Kyle Williams
Orien Harris
Anthony Montgomery
Jesse Maholena
Jonathan Lewis
Babatunde Oshinowo
Montavius Stanley
Johnny Jolly
Kedric Golston
LaJuan Ramsey
Le Kevin Smith
Fred Evans
Titus Adams
Chase Page
Rodrique Wright

Simply based on their skill sets there are 5 or 6 of these guys I would of taken over McCargo coming out and probably 4 or 5 of them who have so far out performed McCargo. In a year where 22 DT's were taken and only 20 after John to have 1/4 of those out perform you is not what I would call being worth your pick.

mysticsoto

Drafting is not a crystal ball but it doesn't take Ms Cleo to figure out that a team with so many needs shouldn't spend two first day picks on a guy with a history of injury.

And regardless of my personal status as an alarmist, there is legitimate reason for concern here, so me whining about JP is irrelevant.

History? He'd been hurt once...you can easily talk in hindsight all you want, but next year, I want you to pick a player at the point right before the Bills have to pick and then let's keep track and see how well your players chosen end up doing the following years. If your players don't pan out...I'm going to ***** me a storm!!!

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I thought TD drafted well enough. It's his coaches who couldn't piece everything together.

It actually takes a few year to judge a draft. But McCargo is already a bust. :up:

It certainly looks like he's a bust now. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

But that's not really the point. The point is that we desperately need help on the DL and McCargo isn't providing it. So do we sit around and hope the guy can overcome the injury problems and that he's not the bust he appears to be at the moment, or do we do something about it?

Well, since you're the guy who thinks pre-season is too early to evaluate players, I've got a pretty good guess what your answer will be....

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Ok times up.

The exact reason all the d-lineman get drafted first is because they are harder to find.

Look at the numbers, your way off

justasportsfan
If McCArgo misses another regular season game, he's injury prone.

Otherwise, we're still in preseason.

BlackMetalNinja
:monkeyp:

Mine went further!!!!

raphael120
Holy crap guys, it must be something in the buffalo water that stunts brain growth.

When was Crowell injury prone? Moulds? JP? Kelly? Pat Williams? Jason Peters?

All of these players showed they could play. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM were injury prone. McCargo hasn't shown jack squat even when he was healthy! If your going to compare this guy to a past Bill, try Villareal

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't remember Pat Williams' development but Jason Peters NEVER had close to as many question marks about him as McCargo. In fact, the guy pretty much impressed from Day 1, other than one or two mental mistakes. . So find a better example.

Hah! Jason Peters had all kinds of question marks - which is why he ended up going undrafted! What a ridiculous thing to say...nobody knew where to put him...and so nobody ended up drafting him! Had we drafted him this year, you would have been *****ing about drafting an oversized TE...

eyedog
At this point I'll take any of them who doesn't have a history of injury and surgery and can stay on the field. That's the point.

OpIv37
History? He'd been hurt once...you can easily talk in hindsight all you want, but next year, I want you to pick a player at the point right before the Bills have to pick and then let's keep track and see how well your players chosen end up doing the following years. If your players don't pan out...I'm going to ***** me a storm!!!

Once? wtf are you talking about? this is the 2nd time he's been hurt in THIS YEAR'S TRAINING CAMP. He had TWO offseason surgeries and had the SAME injury in college the year before.

wow, are you really this dense? You're seeing what you want to see. This guy has a history of injury and you're just pretending that it didn't happen.

justasportsfan
It certainly looks like he's a bust now. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Well, since you're the guy who thinks pre-season is too early to evaluate players, I've got a pretty good guess what your answer will be....

Based on offseason he's injury prone. Based on regular season (he's been injured once in the NFL) I'll wait when it comes.

You can't call someone a BUST after 1 year. That's stupid.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
If McCArgo misses another regular season game, he's injury prone.

Otherwise, we're still in preseason.

So he can miss all the rest of the preseason games getting knicked up, but he's not injury prone till he missed a regular season game? So what is he before, unlucky?

OpIv37
Hah! Jason Peters had all kinds of question marks - which is why he ended up going undrafted! What a ridiculous thing to say...nobody knew where to put him...and so nobody ended up drafting him! Had we drafted him this year, you would have been *****ing about drafting an oversized TE...

he was signed as a UDFA and ever since he came to the team, he looked good- the debate was over which position would be most useful to the team. With McCargo, the debate is over whether or not he can help at all. Different scenario entirely.

Oh, btw, UDFA's are just a little cheaper and have slightly lower expectations than first round draft picks, but that's another distinction you won't understand.

mysticsoto

At last! An admission that he is an alarmist...

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:12 PM
So he can miss all the rest of the preseason games getting knicked up, but he's not injury prone till he missed a regular season game? So what is he before, unlucky?

vexed ..... cursed. I think he might be related to Bruce and Brandon...Lee

eyedog
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Look at the numbers, your way off

Really. Go back the last ten years and tell me how many safties and d-lineman were drafted in the top ten.

mysticsoto
he was signed as a UDFA and ever since he came to the team, he looked good- the debate was over which position would be most useful to the team. With McCargo, the debate is over whether or not he can help at all. Different scenario entirely.

Oh, btw, UDFA's are just a little cheaper and have slightly lower expectations than first round draft picks, but that's another distinction you won't understand.

The point I answered was on whether a player (even a lowly UDFA) is able to develop (just like PW did). Thanks for proving my point...

OpIv37

and what does that make you? You're not exactly the happy medium- nothing ever seems to bother you about this team- you act like everything will work out ok, but it NEVER does.

Just keep saying "let's wait and see" and keep refusing to make a prediction until it's too late.

raphael120
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

Wow you discovered one fact but overlook all the rest.

I'd rather be an alarmist than a oblivious-ist. Yeah, that's a word. haha.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Hah! Jason Peters had all kinds of question marks - which is why he ended up going undrafted! ..

to think that Op depended on scouts and college reports. Since he wasn't drafted, he did have numerous question marks.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Really. Go back the last ten years and tell me how many safties and d-lineman were drafted in the top ten.

Your point you do the numbers, but dont limit it to top ten to fit your point, do the whole draft all 7 rounds.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
The point I answered was on whether a player (even a lowly UDFA) is able to develop (just like PW did). Thanks for proving my point...

your point is not the relevant issue here.

Jason Peters came to the team and started playing well almost immediately, as a cheap UDFA.

McCargo came to the team at the cost of 2 first day draft picks, and has had question marks ever since he got here.

UDFA's are expected to develop, first round draft picks are expected to perform. Yeah, they're not going to perform 100% right away, but a year into their careers, the word "bust" shouldn't even be a consideration. For McCargo, it is.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Your point you do the numbers, but dont limit it to top ten to fit your point, do the whole draft all 7 rounds.
:coocoo:

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Once? wtf are you talking about? this is the 2nd time he's been hurt in THIS YEAR'S TRAINING CAMP. He had TWO offseason surgeries and had the SAME injury in college the year before.

wow, are you really this dense? You're seeing what you want to see. This guy has a history of injury and you're just pretending that it didn't happen.

I'm talking about before the draft...read the context my post is in. You said we drafted someone with a history of injuries. I replied and said What history of injuries? At the time he'd been hurt once!

Jesus Christ...it's like talking to a little child. Do you need me to use sock puppets to explain further???

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:17 PM
wow , this thread gained more yards than our starting RB's.

OpIv37
I'm talking about before the draft...read the context my post is in. You said we drafted someone with a history of injuries. I replied and said What history of injuries? At the time he'd been hurt once!

Jesus Christ...it's like talking to a little child. Do you need me to use sock puppets to explain further???

and the injury he had is one that's likely to recur, hence, he's not worth two first day draft picks to a team coming off a 6-10 season. Apparently you and the FO both need the sock puppets to understand that one.

DraftBoy
:coocoo:

You think Im wrong, I encourage you to do the work also and see what it shows.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
wow , this thread gained more yards than our starting RB's.

We should get signed!

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
You think Im wrong, I encourage you to do the work also and see what it shows.

Didn't mean to make it sound like you're wrong. It would be :coocoo: for anyone togo back in time and go through 7 rds. of the draft 1 year after .

But hey, if eyedog's up to it. ... I should just :movie:

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:20 PM
We should get signed!

Not you. OP and Myself.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Not you. OP and Myself.

:sadwalk:

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Didn't mean to make it sound like you're wrong. It would be :coocoo: for anyone togo back in time and go through 7 rds. of the draft 1 year after .

But hey, if eyedog's up to it. ... I should just :movie:

I agree but if he wants to do the work and he ends up right, ill admit Im wrong

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
and what does that make you? You're not exactly the happy medium- nothing ever seems to bother you about this team- you act like everything will work out ok, but it NEVER does.

Just keep saying "let's wait and see" and keep refusing to make a prediction until it's too late.

Why does a prediction need to be made?

I go to the games, or I watch them on TV and I enjoy them. I don't sit at home crying over what they might play like...if they play bad, I'll acknowledge it and express what they may need to do to get better. But I will let them play first!

Remember a few years ago that ass whooping we gave NE. How many people jumped on the bandwagon that we were going to be super fantastic that season...and then look what happened? It goes both ways...and you are certainly at the opposite end of that spectrum.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I agree but if he wants to do the work and he ends up right, ill admit Im wrong

eyedog
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Really, what don't you understand about drafting good d-lineman before a good safety. your supposed to know college football and the draft and you don't even understand that basic concept.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Really, what don't you understand about drafting good d-lineman before a good safety. your supposed to know college football and the draft and you don't even understand that basic concept.

This isnt about drafting, its about football philosophy and the system by which you run, its not about just drafting players, it about so much more above that.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:25 PM

I agree with OP.

:lolpoint: Mystic.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree with OP.

Thats going in the sig

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Really, what don't you understand about drafting good d-lineman before a good safety. .

I agree.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Remember a few years ago that ass whooping we gave NE. How many people jumped on the bandwagon that we were going to be super fantastic that season...and then look what happened? It goes both ways...and you are certainly at the opposite end of that spectrum.

I agree with mystic

:lolpoint: OP

OpIv37
Why does a prediction need to be made?

I go to the games, or I watch them on TV and I enjoy them. I don't sit at home crying over what they might play like...if they play bad, I'll acknowledge it and express what they may need to do to get better. But I will let them play first!

if you're gonna judge everyone else's prediction, seems only fitting that you should make one of your own.

All you ever do is criticize what I say and defend the team or certain players when there is no defense.

The FO spent two first-day draft picks and a lot of money on a guy who can't stay on the field and looks pretty mediocre when he is on the field, and has failed to properly address the DL for two seasons.

And you're defending it. I just don't ****ing get it. I thought you were a fan and I thought all fans wanted the team to win.

justasportsfan
:lolpoint:
Thats going in the sig

mysticsoto
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
and the injury he had is one that's likely to recur, hence, he's not worth two first day draft picks to a team coming off a 6-10 season. Apparently you and the FO both need the sock puppets to understand that one.

"Wow Op...you have such brilliant hindsight. How do you develop such brilliant hindsight? Your hindsight is off the charts... Thanks for admitting you are an alarmist. That explains more than anything else I can say..."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/355316094_5b3bfb725b.jpg?v=0

eyedog
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
This isnt about drafting, its about football philosophy and the system by which you run, its not about just drafting players, it about so much more above that.

That's another issue, their system. This tampa-2 system works great if you can play with the lead, ala colts, and come after the passer, but get behind and we are in trouble.

As for looking up d-lineman compaered to safties, please. I shouldn't even have to be discussing it.

mysticsoto
if you're gonna judge everyone else's prediction, seems only fitting that you should make one of your own.

All you ever do is criticize what I say and defend the team or certain players when there is no defense.

The FO spent two first-day draft picks and a lot of money on a guy who can't stay on the field and looks pretty mediocre when he is on the field, and has failed to properly address the DL for two seasons.

And you're defending it. I just don't ****ing get it. I thought you were a fan and I thought all fans wanted the team to win.

On the contrary, I am not making any judgements at all until the full product is on the field. You are the one who is trying to make a full judgement on a partial product...

OpIv37
"Wow Op...you have such brilliant hindsight. How do you develop such brilliant hindsight? Your hindsight is off the charts... Thanks for admitting you are an alarmist. That explains more than anything else I can say..."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/355316094_5b3bfb725b.jpg?v=0

how is it hindsight when he ALREADY HAD THE INJURY?

Buckets
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Nothing from V-Tech yet, they usually are on top of anything serious.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
On the contrary, I am not making any judgements at all until the full product is on the field. You are the one who is trying to make a full judgement on a partial product...

and what's the point of the message board if we're not supposed to state our opinions?

This place would be awful boring if everyone like you and Justa just sat around going "let's wait and see" all day.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
why does every thread have to turn into an OP vs. Mystic thread

:shakeno:

Mr. Pink
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
What a shock!

McCargo spiked himself again!

Who woulda thunk it? Oh wait, EVERYONE.

I'm getting close to being all for cutting ties with this guy next offseason and getting a viable replacement in the middle. You know someone that might actually produce. And <gasp> stay healthy.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
This place would be awful boring if everyone like you and Justa just sat around going "let's wait and see" all day.

not really.

It's better than being in a room filled with Ms. Cleo wannabe's who in their head think they know better than the coaches and everyone else.

BTW, don't get me involved . :couch:

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
why does every thread have to turn into an OP vs. Mystic thread

:shakeno:

:rofl:

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
What made McCargo's injury scary was he was holding his surgically repaired left foot.

"My foot got rolled up on that play and it turned my whole ankle over," said McCargo. "It's sore, but I'll be alright."

Can we shut up now?

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
"My foot got rolled up on that play and it turned my whole ankle over," said McCargo

OMG we drafted a putz........

Enter OP.....

Mr. Pink
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Can we shut up now?

What's he supposed to say?

That's a blanket statement that every athlete/coach/etc make these days.

"i should be alright" of course he isn't gonna say anything different.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
What's he supposed to say?

That's a blanket statement that every athlete/coach/etc make these days.

"i should be alright" of course he isn't gonna say anything different.
If it were his foot that got injured, he wouldn't say it was his ankle. Or he'd say "no comment."

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Can we shut up now?

nope, not at all.

Like I said, the guy has a history of injury. The burden of proof is on him to prove he's healthy. So far, he hasn't done that.

HHURRICANE
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Can we just say that McCargo getting hurt sucks. As stated previously he needs all of the camp and playing time he can get.

I'm not ready to call him a bust but I wouldn't mind if he had come into camp in better shape, and not getting hurt for the third time now.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
There's only so much you can do when a guy rolls-up on your ankle. Sure it sucks to hear him get injured, but it's probably a good lesson for NEXT time to not jump on things. Then again, no one learned anything after he strained his abs and was out a total of 1 whole day of practice.

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Gimme a frigging brake!!!! :baby:

Michael82
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
He was limping pretty badly. :ill:

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

It was the ankle for God's sake!!!!!

HHURRICANE
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Really? The only good thing is that in our D things only bend but they don't break.:str8face:

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Really? The only good thing is that in our D things only bend but they don't break.:str8face:
:bf1:

jamze132
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Lee Evans had a bum knee too but I don't hear anyone *****ing about that.

Michael82
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
It was the ankle for God's sake!!!!!
I don't think Mikey's ever turned his ankle before

Mad Bomber
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM

MCCARGO EXITS PRACTICE EARLY: John McCargo was pulled out of practice early after what appeared to be a left foot injury. He was examined extensively on the sideline by trainers as its his surgically repaired foot. It can't be too serious however since he left the field under his own power. I hope it turns out to be nothing, too. However, I'm really concerned about this guy's ability to stay healthy. This sounds like a chronic thing that will further hinder his ability to get into game shape and make a difference. It's just a gut feeling, but to use an oft-used line in the Star Wars series....I have a bad feeling about this.

ParanoidAndroid
08-14-2007, 04:54 PM
A little bit of rest, cortizone and a good tape job will have him back on the field in no time.
Look, if we get a few weeks into the season and this guy isn't contributing and is still getting hurt, then we might have a legitimate beef. Until then, it's just knee-jerk reaction time.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Great post.

And it's not like McCargo could have prevented getting his ankle rolled-up on.

raphael120
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM

Lee Evans may have a bum knee, but he's our top performer day in and day out, which is something you can't say about McCargo. He's just a bum.

Voltron
08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Sources: Broncos attempting to trade veteran tackle Warren (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2973395)

New coordinator Jim Bates prefers two-gap tackles, interior players who are anchors more than penetrators, and Warren has always been a one-gap defender, a guy who likes to get upfield.

Warren, 29, was acquired by Denver from Cleveland in a 2005 trade. In two seasons with the Broncos, the former University of Florida standout started in 31 of a possible 32 games and registered 93 tackles and 5½ sacks. That included 51 tackles and 2½ sacks in 2006, when Warren appeared in 15 games, all as a starter.

Would be worth a look at least!

madness
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
:rofl: 9 pages because somebody rolled up on his ankle. You'd almost think this was baseball. ahhhh, funny stuff.

patmoran2006
08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Unless he hurts his foot putting it up Willis McGahee's ass, he needs to stop being hurt.. I told you, he's becoming Samuel L. Jackson's character from Unbreakable.

It may be the taboo word around him when it comes to him, but bust cant help but to enter one's mind.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM

His Junior season, not the second half of his Senior season like Mccargo and McGahee ?
He came back and played his Senior year.

M
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Unless he hurts his foot putting it up Willis McGahee's ass, he needs to stop being hurt..

CSFAN
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
There's not much but speculation on this thread. It's pretty ridiculous to write the guy off because of this; it's not even clear if he's going to miss the Atlanta game, much less not be ready for the regular season.

A lot of this stuff will be easier to address mid-season. Calling the guy a bum for twisting his ankle? Gimme a break. Maybe it's in the genes of Bills fans to immediately jump to "worst case scenario" at this point...

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
That's another issue, their system. This tampa-2 system works great if you can play with the lead, ala colts, and come after the passer, but get behind and we are in trouble.

As for looking up d-lineman compaered to safties, please. I shouldn't even have to be discussing it.

You do know why its called the Cover 2 right? The safeties are the most integral part of the system. If you dont have safeties the entire system fails. Whether you like ir or not is a different situation, however since neither of us have control over that, then that doesnt matter. If we are running a usual 4-3 base defensive set then yes DT is more important but in the Cover 2, I believe that you need to build from the back to the front. Again just a philosophy on talent.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I would've :posrep: Moran for that comment.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
we should have drafted mangold instead. :shakeno:

Wys Guy
08-14-2007, 06:52 PM

So much for one of Lechter's wagers for me it would appear at this time.

; )

CHA CHING!

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM

So did McGahee but you don't hear anyone *****ing about him.... oh, wait.

Also, Evans didn't cost two first day picks.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
D-Boy, your cover-2 works great when playing with the lead. It's based on getting to the qb and playing zone behind it. Great but if we get down, be prepared to watch teams steamroll this d-line.
I personally don't like this defense for this team, but there's nothing we can do about that. I'll give it two more years and Fewell will be packing his bags. I really hope I'm wrong because I'm sick of losing.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
D-Boy, your cover-2 works great when playing with the lead. It's based on getting to the qb and playing zone behind it. Great but if we get down, be prepared to watch teams steamroll this d-line.
I personally don't like this defense for this team, but there's nothing we can do about that. I'll give it two more years and Fewell will be packing his bags. I really hope I'm wrong because I'm sick of losing.

its not my Cover 2 its our cover 2, Im not sure how much I like it either, I agree we need to get better DT's up front, but I think they started building the defense correctly, but somewhere along the way completely forgot about it (CB, DE, and DT are not to the standard I think they could of been).

patmoran2006
08-14-2007, 07:36 PM
we should have drafted mangold instead. :shakeno:
Ughh.. can you imagine how much sweeter our OL would be right now with Mangold manning the middle.. Damn.

And when we traded up, that instant that's who I thought we were taking.

Even Marv knows he wishes he had a do-over on that one.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Ughh.. can you imagine how much sweeter our OL would be right now with Mangold manning the middle.. Damn.

Didnt we just sign Fowler in the FA period before the draft that year? so why would you think we were taking Mangold at that point?

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Didnt we just sign Fowler in the FA period before the draft that year?
Yep.

so why would you think we were taking Mangold at that point?
Because hindsight is 20/20.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
The real problem is their vast majority of free agent signings and day one draft picks haven't been very good.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Yep.

well it wasn't hindsight for the Jets to see that Mangold is better than Fowler. They needed a center and chose to address it in the draft instead of signing him. So what's Buffalo's excuse?

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
well it wasn't hindsight for the Jets to see that Mangold is better than Fowler. They needed a center and chose to address it in the draft instead of signing him. So what's Buffalo's excuse?

This doesnt make any sense Op, you dont know what the Jets thought of him, you dont even know if they offered him a deal or not. You are simply guessing and doing what everybody hates, just being negative because. Give it a rest, you make great points sometimes but then bog them down with crap like this.

Meathead
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
:lolpoint: panicky posters

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
The Jets signed Trey Teague on April 12th, but he was 32 at the time, versus Fowler who had just turned 27 when the Bills signed him. IOW they signed Teague to fill a need at center instead of Fowler, but realized he wasn't a long-term solution.

And if you want to play that game, why didn't the Jets draft Marcus McNeil instead of D'Brick?

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 08:54 PM
This doesnt make any sense Op, you dont know what the Jets thought of him, you dont even know if they offered him a deal or not. You are simply guessing and doing what everybody hates, just being negative because. Give it a rest, you make great points sometimes but then bog them down with crap like this.

You're right, I don't know what the Jets were thinking.

I do know that they got Mangold, who's better than Fowler, instead of McCargo.

I don't know why you think fans don't have the right to be pissed when another team in our division got it right and we got it wrong and we need to fight the results of that on the field twice a year.

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 08:57 PM
:lolpoint: panicky posters

well, we've already been over this. We have the same DL that was 28th against the run last year. When it comes to McCargo, he's had the same injury two years in a row, 2 off season surgeries, and this is his second injury in 3 weeks of camp. It's not "panicky" when the concern is perfectly legitimate based on the facts.

But go ahead- don't "panic". Just don't complain when the real games start and our DL is useless again.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
You're right, I don't know what the Jets were thinking.

I do know that they got Mangold, who's better than Fowler, instead of McCargo.

I don't know why you think fans don't have the right to be pissed when another team in our division got it right and we got it wrong and we need to fight the results of that on the field twice a year.

Jesus Op give the rhettoric a rest, I agree with you on most of what you say but on this you are off base. At the time we signed the best young center on the market and we ended up being wrong, do I like that? No, but to sit here and insinuate that the Jets had some magical scouting report that we didnt that made us sign Fowler and not Mangold is wrong. We signed a young vet center who we all thought would be good for us. Nobody knew Mangold was going to be manchild, though Pat did parade his name around enough. Do i wish we had Mangold here? Yes, but I dont blame Marv or the Bills for getting a scouting report wrong and taking the wrong guy, Ill find blame with that if they fail to acknowledge that and dont make a change to improve the situation.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Jesus Op give the rhettoric a rest, I agree with you on most of what you say but on this you are off base. At the time we signed the best young center on the market and we ended up being wrong, do I like that? No, but to sit here and insinuate that the Jets had some magical scouting report that we didnt that made us sign Fowler and not Mangold is wrong. We signed a young vet center who we all thought would be good for us. Nobody knew Mangold was going to be manchild, though Pat did parade his name around enough. Do i wish we had Mangold here? Yes, but I dont blame Marv or the Bills for getting a scouting report wrong and taking the wrong guy, Ill find blame with that if they fail to acknowledge that and dont make a change to improve the situation.
Considering the Jets TOTALLY whiffed on D'Brick, whose looking like D'Bust, it's hard to convince a logical person that the Jets got anything more than lucky with Mangold. Especially looking at the track record of high draft pick centers the past decade or so.

And what I really want to know is, why couldn't the Bills have had the Jets' schedule last year? It would have been the Bills in the playoffs instead of them.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Considering the Jets TOTALLY whiffed on D'Brick, whose looking like D'Bust, it's hard to convince a logical person that the Jets got anything more than lucky with Mangold. Especially looking at the track record of high draft pick centers the past decade or so.

And what I really want to know is, why couldn't the Bills have had the Jets' schedule last year? It would have been the Bills in the playoffs instead of them.

Great Points

DMBcrew36
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
McCargo seems like he was built in the mold of Mike Williams. I almost guarantee he will never play anything close to a full season. He's made of glass.

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 09:29 PM

we also needed a DT tp replace Adams. You can't always get everything 100% in the draft. Besides, McCargo isn't done yet. The knock on him is that he's injury prone. Bust? after 5-6 games?

Mangold turned out well for the Jets. Not all is great in jets land. We beat teh crap out of them didn't we? Like Gooby pointed out, they had a better schedule. We came so close to making the playoffs by a couple of games .

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
McCargo seems like he was built in the mold of Mike Williams.
Hardly. MW would be sidelined with minor injuries. The ab strain that McCargo had would have sidelined MW for weeks, not just 1 day.

I almost guarantee he will never play anything close to a full season. He's made of glass.
If this comes true, it won't be because he's a wimp like MW. There's a difference between that and being injury-prone. You break something, especially something as important as your foot, you can't play. It's when you can't play through pain that you're someone like MW.

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
we also needed a DT tp replace Adams. You can't always get everything 100% in the draft. Besides, McCargo isn't done yet. The knock on him is that he's injury prone. Bust? after 5-6 games?

Mangold turned out well for the Jets. Not all is great in jets land. We beat teh crap out of them didn't we? Like Gooby pointed out, they had a better schedule. We came so close to making the playoffs by a couple of games .

Agreed, I didnt like the McCargo pick when we made it but he's not a bust yet

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Replace Cleveland and Oakland with San Diego and Baltimore...

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 09:41 PM

I just want to know why they got it right and we got it wrong. It's entirely possible that their scouting department is better than ours.

Mad Bomber
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM

I thought the same thing. But then again, I thought we should have picked Dallas Clark instead of McGahee (Clark went with the VERY next pick to the Colts).

DraftBoy
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I just want to know why they got it right and we got it wrong. It's entirely possible that their scouting department is better than ours.

Agreed, but you cant lay blame for missing on a pick, just gotta chalk that one up to the law of percentages

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 09:47 PM

that, or they got unlucky on D'Brick. The logic is equally valid both ways.

John Doe
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I sure am glad that the injury to McCargo is minor.

Go Bills!

justasportsfan
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
they got it right and we got it wrong in some areas and the vise versa. If you are simply using that based on McCargo and Mangold then yes they won that comparison ( so far) but doesn't mean they have a better team than we do. They just had a weaker sched.

Let's not forget, they also had a better qb who knew the system and how to run it. Ours was learning. That could aso make Mangold look better.

patmoran2006
08-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Ok....
I"ve heard many things before.

But please tell me that I didnt just read someone hommerific enough to defend John McCargo and then blast off on D'Brick?

D'Bust?

Revist your exact post this offseason.

he was a ****ing rookie STARTING LEFT TACKLE for christ sakes. D'Brick is a monster. Unbelievable.

patmoran2006
08-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Wow.. We havent come to that conclusion with a FO decision about 50 times in the past seven years have we?

jamze132
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Lee Evans may have a bum knee, but he's our top performer day in and day out, which is something you can't say about McCargo. He's just a bum.
This is just a bad post. I am not trying to defend McCargo but he hasn't exactly had a chance to play and learn at the NFL level.

jamze132
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
His Junior season, not the second half of his Senior season like Mccargo and McGahee ?
He came back and played his Senior year.
McCargo played most of his senior season too, and just ask Mario Williams how effective McCargo was on that D-line.

jamze132
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
So did McGahee but you don't hear anyone *****ing about him.... oh, wait.

Also, Evans didn't cost two first day picks.
And how many day 1 picks did we get from Baltimore for McGahee?

OpIv37
08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
And how many day 1 picks did we get from Baltimore for McGahee?

what good are those picks going to do us THIS year?

eyedog
08-14-2007, 10:36 PM
McCargo played most of his senior season too, and just ask Mario Williams how effective McCargo was on that D-line.

No he didn't because he came out after his Junior season, the same season where he missed about 5 or 6 games.

eyedog
08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm not saying the guy can't play at this level because nobody really knows yet. What we do know is he has a history of injury problems and he may never be able to stay on the field long enough to find out if he can play.

raphael120
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow I'm suprised this thread is still going on strong.

Regular season needs to start, and FAST.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok....
I"ve heard many things before.

But please tell me that I didnt just read someone hommerific enough to defend John McCargo and then blast off on D'Brick?

D'Bust?

Revist your exact post this offseason.

he was a ****ing rookie STARTING LEFT TACKLE for christ sakes. D'Brick is a monster. Unbelievable.
He was the 4th overall pick and gave up 10 sacks last year. And he looked as bad at the end of the season as he did in the beginning, and isn't looking much better this year. The only thing "monster" about his was his contract, a 5-year $31M deal with a $13M signing bonus.

And McCargo was also a rookie and the 26th overall pick.

Goobylal
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
One of them got the Bills Poz.

SABURZFAN
08-14-2007, 10:50 PM

because i've been saying that since the mishap. :rolleyes:

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 08:13 AM

Oh my god...talk about one of the lamest comments I have seen in awhile. This alone shows that you will look for anything to support your negativity. It's too bad you didn't pick a better team though. The Jets hit gold with Mangold and Brick, but they've had quite their share of crappy picks.

This year alone...they had only 4 draft picks b'cse they spent ahead too much a nd also spent a great deal on unproven CB Revis who hasn't even signed yet and is WAY behind now in terms of starting this year - he's currently listed as their 4th string CB. Yeah, nice job...Jets.

Last year, their top 2 picks were good...and that's it.

In 2005, they took Nugent as their 1st pick. A kicker - all the way in the 2nd round. How idiotic was that? Has he panned out for them? His 1st year was horrible. Last year he was a little better...but taking a kicker so high should mean he is awesome. So much for that high scouting dept. you are giving so much credit to.

Oh, we could also talk about Justin Miller who they also drafted in the 2nd rd of 2005 (they had 2). Where is he now? He's not even on the team!!!!

You're one of those people who thinks the grass is always greener on the other side...

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Oh my god...talk about one of the lamest comments I have seen in awhile. This alone shows that you will look for anything to support your negativity. It's too bad you didn't pick a better team though. The Jets hit gold with Mangold and Brick, but they've had quite their share of crappy picks.

This year alone...they had only 4 draft picks b'cse they spent ahead too much a nd also spent a great deal on unproven CB Revis who hasn't even signed yet and is WAY behind now in terms of starting this year - he's currently listed as their 4th string CB. Yeah, nice job...Jets.

Last year, their top 2 picks were good...and that's it.

In 2005, they took Nugent as their 1st pick. A kicker - all the way in the 2nd round. How idiotic was that? Has he panned out for them? His 1st year was horrible. Last year he was a little better...but taking a kicker so high should mean he is awesome. So much for that high scouting dept. you are giving so much credit to.

Oh, we could also talk about Justin Miller who they also drafted in the 2nd rd of 2005 (they had 2). Where is he now? He's not even on the team!!!!

You're one of those people who thinks the grass is always greener on the other side...
in this case, I don't THINK- I KNOW. They got D'Brick and Mangold, we have Fowler and McCargo. And when was the last time the Jets were in the playoffs? And what was their record last year? Yeah, they're far from perfect, but they've been better than us recently.

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 08:20 AM
in this case, I don't THINK- I KNOW. They got D'Brick and Mangold, we have Fowler and McCargo. And when was the last time the Jets were in the playoffs? And what was their record last year? Yeah, they're far from perfect, but they've been better than us recently.

We are talking about their scouting dept...and all of a sudden you try and change it to something else when you are proven wrong. Like I said, Brick and Mangold have been their only hits in the last 3 drafts or so. That doesn't make their scouting dept great as you made it sound. If you don't have anything else to backup that claim other than Brick and Mangold then it is obvious what orifice you were speaking out of!!!

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
We are talking about their scouting dept...and all of a sudden you try and change it to something else when you are proven wrong. Like I said, Brick and Mangold have been their only hits in the last 3 drafts or so. That doesn't make their scouting dept great as you made it sound. If you don't have anything else to backup that claim other than Brick and Mangold then it is obvious what orifice you were speaking out of!!!

Our draft picks this year sucks too compared to the jets. Their scouting deprrtment is way better.

/sarcasm

DraftBoy
08-15-2007, 08:39 AM

http://www.nfl.com/players/justinmiller/profile?id=MIL366437
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=nyj
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/

Not to be argumentative but when did they release Justin Miller and why do none of these sites report it? If they had released him I would hope we would sign him, or atleast consider it.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 08:42 AM

we were talking about us drafting McCargo instead of Mangold- they made the right decision, we made the wrong one.

But there's always an excuse. There's always a reason why it's ok. There's always a reason why the Bills FO isn't responsible even though we continue to suck. Don't you ever get sick of defending decisions that don't bear results on the field?

madness
08-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Last time I checked, Justin Miller is having a solid TC this year.

I was grooming him for a starting CB on my BZFL team. :sad:

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/justinmiller/profile?id=MIL366437
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=nyj
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster/

Not to be argumentative but when did they release Justin Miller and why do none of these sites report it? If they had released him I would hope we would sign him, or atleast consider it.

My mistake...I knew he had been removed from starting, but I thought they had dumped him and instead they just moved him to backup.

PS I wouldn't want him...

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
we were talking about us drafting McCargo instead of Mangold- they made the right decision, we made the wrong one.

But there's always an excuse. There's always a reason why it's ok. There's always a reason why the Bills FO isn't responsible even though we continue to suck. Don't you ever get sick of defending decisions that don't bear results on the field?

You made the following comment:

It's entirely possible that their scouting department is better than ours.

And now you're backpeddaling (as usual). If their scouting dept is better than ours, how come they only have 2 good picks in the last 3 seasons???

Don't bother trying to change the topic. If you can't answer that, then say so and let's move on!

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM

And now you're backpeddaling (as usual). If their scouting dept is better than ours, how come they only have 2 good picks in the last 3 seasons???

Don't bother trying to change the topic. If you can't answer that, then say so and let's move on!

oh but wait- I thought it took time to evaluate draft picks and it's too early to call McCargo a bust, but now you're ready to say they only had two good draft picks in 3 years? Why is it too early to criticize McCargo but perfectly legitimate to say the Jets' drafts sucked?

IF the Jets draft were as bad as you say, then you're right, I can't answer that. But if you apply your McCargo logic to the Jets, then it's too early to say their drafts are bad.

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 08:55 AM
oh but wait- I thought it took time to evaluate draft picks and it's too early to call McCargo a bust, but now you're ready to say they only had two good draft picks in 3 years? Why is it too early to criticize McCargo but perfectly legitimate to say the Jets' drafts sucked?

IF the Jets draft were as bad as you say, then you're right, I can't answer that. But if you apply your McCargo logic to the Jets, then it's too early to say their drafts are bad.

Except that McCargo hasn't played b'cse he was injured. It's a little different than having a Nugent or a Justin Miller suck for the last few years. McCargo hasn't had a chance to play a full season yet.

Let's turn that around to you...how can you sit there and say McCargo sucks and then say the Jets have a great scouting dept b'cse they've hit on 2 players in the last 3 years???

Explain that to me!!!

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Except that McCargo hasn't played b'cse he was injured. It's a little different than having a Nugent or a Justin Miller suck for the last few years. McCargo hasn't had a chance to play a full season yet.

Let's turn that around to you...how can you sit there and say McCargo sucks and then say the Jets have a great scouting dept b'cse they've hit on 2 players in the last 3 years???

Explain that to me!!!

they hit on players that we could have had- maybe not D'Brick but definitely Mangold. So our scouting dept got it wrong and theirs got it right. Maybe that on it's own doesn't prove that theirs is better, but it certainly proved that we got it wrong in that instance and we're paying for it on the field.

Hell, even our own junior journalist Pat Moran saw Mangold's value- if a guy on a message board can get it right, what's the FO's excuse? And this isn't the only instance. For example, I talked to a few Skins fans who gave surprisingly accurate descriptions of Bowen and Royal when we signed them last year.

I don't see the point in defending our FO when fans and our division rivals knew better. There's no excuse.

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe that on it's own doesn't prove that theirs is better...

That's all I needed. Thanks.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
That's all I needed. Thanks.

well then what was the point of all of this? even in my very first post on this that you quoted I said MAYBE their FO is better than ours.

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh man, is this pissing contest still going on?

DraftBoy
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Oh man, is this pissing contest still going on?

Is the pope catholic?

BlackMetalNinja
08-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Is the pope catholic?

I don't know, I'm not big on church...

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM

I agree. He's trying to switch subjects.

Nugent in the 2nd? Thats' one hell of a scouting dept. BTW, we got our kicker for less than a 2nd rd. Their scouting dept is awsome. I'm worried that we drafted Lynch and Poz now. We got it wrong. :nervous:

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
well then what was the point of all of this? even in my very first post on this that you quoted I said MAYBE their FO is better than ours.

The point is your comments were groundless. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side - despite what you seem to think...

Tatonka
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM
wow.. what a waste of 12 pages..

mcargo will be back in practice before the thread dies.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Link?

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM

:bf1:

It is a shame to see two of our best posters, to ***** eachother in a worthless matter. Sad. :ill:

jamze132
08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Does it really matter? Are you expecting playoffs this season?

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Does it really matter? Are you expecting playoffs this season?

no, but maybe if we had players instead of picks....

jamze132
08-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree this thread is getting rediculous.

But I want to add that Marcus Colston was a 7th round pick and Ryan Leaf was a 1st round pick. In the NFL, it's hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you look like an *******.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
no, but maybe if we had players instead of picks....

I think we have been over this.

The better NFL teams are built through the draft.

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2007, 12:24 PM
IS MCCARGO PRACTICING OR NO?

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Yep, there's a lot of luck involved. Again, look at D'Brick. He played poorly for a starter, much less the 4th overall pick in the draft, whereas Marcus McNeill looked like an all-pro. Why didn't the Jets' superior scouting pickup on THAT one? And again as I said, name the last 1st round pick center to make an impact in the past decade.

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
IS MCCARGO PRACTICING OR NO?
I don't know, but the prudent thing would be to hold him out at least for today.

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't know, but the prudent thing would be to hold him out at least for today.

:up: Thanks bro. The right question should be is he all right? But no new means good news I guess.

OpIv37
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM

and that helps us this year HOW?

It's going to be a long season no matter how you look at it.

justasportsfan
08-15-2007, 12:51 PM

PAts, Colts, etc.etc.

Redskins has won what by bringing in probowlers every year? They bring in players every year to help them that year and then what? Nothing.

mysticsoto
08-15-2007, 12:53 PM
:up: Thanks bro. The right question should be is he all right? But no new means good news I guess.

We won't know until later. I think practice today in TC is at night...

Goobylal
08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh and also again, switch the Bills' and Jets' schedules last year and the Bills make the playoffs while the Jets miss them. That had nothing to do with FO's or the draft or anything else. It was pure luck.