PDA

View Full Version : Is Poz first team yet?

OpIv37
08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
He played well in the first pre-season game, but it was mostly against scubs. I'm curious to see if:

a) Poz looks as good playing against starters and
b) if our first team D looks any better with Poz on the field than they did with DiGiorgio (I don't really think DiGiorgio was the problem with the D last week, but every little bit helps).

BlackMetalNinja
08-16-2007, 11:38 AM
He played well in the first pre-season game, but it was mostly against scubs. I'm curious to see if:

a) Poz looks as good playing against starters and
b) if our first team D looks any better with Poz on the field than they did with DiGiorgio (I don't really think DiGiorgio was the problem with the D last week, but every little bit helps).

Good question... I think I'd like to see him go out there with the starters and see how he fairs as well. DiGiorgio didn't impress me one way or the other either, but I would like to know if Poz is capable of handling himself out there with and against the starting unit.

Mr. Pink
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
After how he performed against the "scrubs," it's time for him to get his feet wet against real competition. Poz should play with the first team tomorrow.

IMO

OpIv37
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Good question... I think I'd like to see him go out there with the starters and see how he fairs as well. DiGiorgio didn't impress me one way or the other either, but I would like to know if Poz is capable of handling himself out there with and against the starting unit.

DiGiorgio "impressed" me last week but it's a matter of perspective- he was neither good nor bad, but my expectations were very low and he exceeded them. However I still think we can do better at the position and that's where Poz comes in.

RockStar36
08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
DiGiorgio "impressed" me last week but it's a matter of perspective- he was neither good nor bad, but my expectations were very low and he exceeded them. However I still think we can do better at the position and that's where Poz comes in.

Maybe I was way more drunk than I thought I was. I was not impressed with DiGiorgio at all. I can't wait to see Poz play with the first string. He is going to be the starter anyways so I don't see why they are even playing around with this. Just get it over with.

BlackMetalNinja
08-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Low expectations Op??? Shocking! I agree with you that I think Poz can be a step up though... I'm just not willing to throw the title to him without some proof first. In my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.

OpIv37
08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe I was way more drunk than I thought I was. I was not impressed with DiGiorgio at all. I can't wait to see Poz play with the first string. He is going to be the starter anyways so I don't see why they are even playing around with this. Just get it over with.

I think DiG missed a couple tackles and was out of position on a few pass plays, but on the running plays he seemed to be sniffing them out well and getting to the right spot, even when he wasn't making the plays. That's what I liked about him on Friday.

And the entire D seemed to be out of position on the pass plays so I think the team just wasn't as prepared as NO was (and that's on the coaches moreso than the players).

But I agree that Poz should be better and should be taking his lumps with the first team now.

madness
08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I know he's been getting 1st team reps but not sure if he's still splitting with DiGi.

DiGi's play seemed satisfactory on Friday, but if we wanted that we should have just kept London.

It's time to start Poz.

OpIv37
08-16-2007, 11:49 AM
In my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.

fair enough but that's all the more reason why he should get some work with the first team. If the coaches want to evaluate him, fine, but try to level the playing field and let Poz show his stuff (or maybe lack thereof) against the opponents' first team.

BlackMetalNinja
08-16-2007, 11:51 AM
fair enough but that's all the more reason why he should get some work with the first team. If the coaches want to evaluate him, fine, but try to level the playing field and let Poz show his stuff (or maybe lack thereof) agains the opponents' first team.

Agree 100%

madness
08-16-2007, 12:00 PM
my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.

I think that reason is solely based on knowledge...

knowing the defense, making the right calls and making sure everybody(including himself) is in the right position.

Friday's film should reveal how far he has progressed in that area and show if he's ready for 1st string yet.

Meathead
08-16-2007, 12:18 PM
note:
I LOVE PAUL POSLILJEWSKI!!!!!!!!!!

duhbilz
08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Posluszny will be fine. It's the Dline and how effective they can be that will determine how well he plays.

HHURRICANE
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
DiGorgio looked 100% lost out there. I'm pretyy sure that his jock strap came out more than once.

Tatonka
08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
digi was second on the team in tackles and played much less than pos..

i thought that digi did well enough. he did miss 2 tackles.. but he also made 4 others. he is clearly very fast and he just needs experience like a lot of them.

i do feel good about him backing up pos though.. clearly pos will be the starter.. but it is good to know we have a guy that can come in and get to the ball.

justasportsfan
08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
The coaches know more about the situation between Poz and DiG based on camp and preseason. I will leave it up to them to decide who starts. I like what I've seen from DiG but if Poz outperforms DiG , the better. It only makes our team better.

Meathead
08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
i prefer the white dude

TigerJ
08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I think the early odds are that Poz will start in the regular season and DiGiorgio will com in on obvious passing downs.

TedMock
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I was extremely disappointed with DiGiorgio. He took himself out of plays several times and then had to play chase. Several tackles could have been made much, much sooner. He looked like Scott Radecic out there making plays 6 yards down field. Hopefully our LB's turn out to be more like the other Penn State backer we had on that roster. Radecic did have 12 or so years in the league though - I'll give him that.