X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Ralph Wilson is owed an apology.

Sometimes we become so myopic on things that we think are so important that we lose sight of the big picture.

Kevin Everett is making what many will refer to as one of the greatest medical miracles known to man. The use of special drugs and procedures to lower his body temperature and swelling will most likely give him an outcome that wasn't possible even a year ago.

This new technology was funded with the help of their biggest donor down in Miami, Ralph Wilson.

Maybe our owner isn't Jerry Jones but right now I'm pretty impressed with the guy that owns our team.

Money well spent.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ralph Wilson is owed an apology.

Perhaps.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

I personally am very happy the Kevin situation has taken a good turn and think the credit needs to go the special medical staff and RW.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

My bad, Ralph.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Great post Huricane, one of your best yet.

Comment

• DANMAN
              • Sep 2003

Ralph is reeping in some good karma!

Way to go RW

Good post!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Bump for PatMoran.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Sometimes we become so myopic on things that we think are so important that we lose sight of the big picture.

Kevin Everett is making what many will refer to as one of the greatest medical miracles known to man. The use of special drugs and procedures to lower his body temperature and swelling will most likely give him an outcome that wasn't possible even a year ago.

This new technology was funded with the help of their biggest donor down in Miami, Ralph Wilson.

Maybe our owner isn't Jerry Jones but right now I'm pretty impressed with the guy that owns our team.

Money well spent.
                  Ralph deserves to be commended for his altruism and his selflessness on this issue. However, I don't see why he's owed an apology. Being a good person does not make up for the mistakes he's made as an owner.

Jimmy Carter is a great humanitarian but he was still a terrible president and no one owes him an apology for saying so.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wraith
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Ralph deserves to be commended for his altruism and his selflessness on this issue. However, I don't see why he's owed an apology. Being a good person does not make up for the mistakes he's made as an owner.

Jimmy Carter is a great humanitarian but he was still a terrible president and no one owes him an apology for saying so.
                    I believe the thread author is referring to those who called Wilson "cheap." Does anyone still feel that way?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wraith
                      I believe the thread author is referring to those who called Wilson "cheap." Does anyone still feel that way?
                      yeah, it's tough to make a case that someone who donated $2 million to a charity is cheap.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Wraith
                        Exactly. Believe me, I hate "cash to cap" but it's nice to see that he is giving back and not completely lining his pockets.

If a player's life is spared in some small way by Ralph's philanthropy than it's alot easier not to get worked up over some of this "cheapness" that I've hung Ralph on.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

If he'd have donated 3 or 4 million, there might be a cure by now.

Cheap ass.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Money well spent.
                            How was it funded? As an investment in a company where he stands to make money on the deal? Or is this something that he did out of the goodness of his heart in contributing to the NFL's medical technologies or something like that?

I suppose that if your goal is having a team with a humanitarian owner, then this is great news. Everyone in the world wants to see Everett recover from this. But spinning Everett's maladies into thread against which no one can argue doesn't really seem like an honest attempt to defend an owner that really has let his entire fan base down.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Ralph deserves to be commended for his altruism and his selflessness on this issue. However, I don't see why he's owed an apology.
                              HURRICANE can apologize if he wants to. He didn't say YOU owe him one.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X