Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mini-vent time about Bills haters.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mini-vent time about Bills haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Aside from ther "attack the poster" stuff that the mods never police this is one of those classic posts for the humor file. Let's dissect it.

You're right about control but wrong about influence. Read up on Stephen Covey's principles some time, it'll help you understand this. We as fans, especially in a place such as this do have influence in the arena of public opinion. If you don't understand that then I have nothing to say. As to a protection mechanism, lol, check back in a month and come see protection mechanism city if we can't beat Cleveland today and at least finish 8-8. Either way, this team has a long way to go to ensure 8-8 or better next season too, especially without a 1st-round pick that all the other teams have.

You have to love it when people that persistently unleash barrages of vile and acrimonious personal insults at others talk about the childish approach of others. Let's start there.

I'll counter your over-analysis statement with your and others supportive of your "approach" with a hearty and robust guffaw at the attempts of reducing this team's capabilities to media headlines, defensive rankings built largely on the worst teams in the league, popular opinion in a forum, and oversimplification of one-entry stats like Ws-Ls regardless of the fact that few if any of those Ws ever come against above average teams. And of course the grand daddy of 'em all, the cavalier flinging around of the term "troll" which has become meaningless here.

LOL

I really can't help but notice those that liked this post, first, YardRat, another vitriolic hate spewing person when things are posted that he doesn't like, Yasgur's Farm, a moderator who liked your post here while stepping over your minefield of "attacks on the poster(s)" while giving his ringing endorsement to it, but most importantly, better days, who is very likeable yet hardly anyone who has any concept of pretty much any realities and whose opinions are a carousel of thoughts that always seem to end up wherever the team does despite where it started.

As to Yasgur's (and other mods') lack of policing this place, I've had numerous other posters let me know in private that that's their top dislike about this place, that it does not allow dissension from views such as your own, and again, with all of the "attacks on the poster," violations of the terms-of-service, that Yasgur clearly endorses as long as it plays out his way.

None of this has anything to do with football though which is the funny part. If you and others don't like the analyses, first, why read them? Second, counter them with an analysis of your own. Third, ignore the posters that do that permanently. Some people enjoy discussing things back and forth. Clearly you, Yard Rat, and some others just can't have that now, can ya. Not that that would qualify as "childish approach" or "intellectual garbage" that you, not me, stated.

The true fan, around the country for every program, not simply limited to Buffalo and WNY, refuses to settle for garbage, poor decision making, repeated risky decision making that does not pan out, and decades of epic futility and the people who bring it to us while assuming that many of us are going to support it simply because there is no other team in Buffalo and therefore take advantage of us and play us for fools and people that just want to go "see a game" instead of fans that expect more.

I'm also not going to permit you to, once again as has been tried a thousand time, to slip in that last little diddy, , with the implication that those of us most critical do not enjoy watching the games, generally speaking as no one enjoys watching a team flounder around haplessly for three hours as is not unusual for us. We all watch the games and have no doubt the same reactions to things that everyone does.

You talk as if you fart odors of lavender during games when any fool can go into the GDTs and see all four of you griping about the very things you now hammer others about. If you choose to engage in such hypocrisy, that's fine, but let's not overlook the fact that it is in fact hypocrisy.

Otherwise, once the game ends forums such as this are made for exactly that, discussing the team openly. The fact that the mods play favorites and allow posters such as yourself to routinely breach their own terms-of-service says little for them and nothing for you. But that's when analysis, discussion, and debate can and should take place. But, and with all due respect to better days, who is very nice usually, when you insist that someone's opinions like his are equal to those of some other posters that put much more thought and analysis into their posts, then statements like that are made for the hall-of-humor here. (Seriously better days, no disrespect intended)

And where are all the posters that vehmently insisted that we'll be at least 9-7, some 10-6 or better? Where are they now? Three months ago many were vehemently slamming some of us, those that actually put a little effort into analyzing, as "trolls" and many other very harsh things. So where are they moon6? I'm just curious, because I'm not seeing those same posts here now. I wonder why not. Would you have any idea? I'm sure it all boils down to injuries and other things that we've actually been more favorable than average on this year. It surely can't be because of Orton because their predictions were made with Manuel as the starter and only an insignificant few have argued that we'd be better with Manuel which is a ridiculous notion.

So it seems to me that those that actually put a little something into the analyses are the ones worth reading and interacting with. But you know what, you have a choice to do or not do that. Clearly you either don't realize that or you simply cannot tolerate anyone discussing things that are not favorable to your (and Yard Rat's, Yasgur's, and better days') opinions.

So which is it? Do you not realize that you have a choice? Or are you simply intolerant of any views that aren't supported by you?

Meanwhile you and others that think similarly have no hesitation cluttering up the place with completely repetitive posts like that that have absolutely nothing to do about football, but then you complain about repetitive posts that people make in forum "conversation," very civil forum conversation until your ilk seems to show up, that are entirely football related.

Funny, repetitive, but funny, post though.
    You want some cheese with your whine, pussy.

2. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    You want some cheese with your whine, pussy.
    I didn't say anything to warrant that moon.

You just had to comment, right.

Enjoy the game. Not going well now.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't say anything to warrant that moon.

You just had to comment, right.

Enjoy the game. Not going well now.
    You were crying about the supposed lack of moderation when I didn't even insult you.

Grow a pair if you want to talk ****.

5. Post thanked by:

Dude (11-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You were crying about the supposed lack of moderation when I didn't even insult you.

Grow a pair if you want to talk ****.
    LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No disrespect intended better days, but I'm not your forum or google lackey. Go look for it yourself. I distinctly remember engaging in discussion with many of them. I wont' mention a few because they're nicer posters and I don't want to drag them into this mudpit. Here's a clue though, look for posts in early September and late August. There was a thread started about a USA Today article that claimed that the team would be 3-13. That'd be a good start, but I recall many fewer that had us posting a losing season rather than a winning one. This was the year, remember, Watkins was going to make all the difference. Posts on that too for a rookie that hasn't even been able to outperform his peers on 1, 2, and 3-win teams.

Thanks for your honesty, although I seem to recall at one point you saying 11-5 too. Either way, when I was saying 5-11 plus/minus a game with Manuel, maybe one or two more wins with Orton, I dstinctly recall you arguing vehemently with me. Not necessarily disrectfully as I don't recall, but vehemently for sure and telling me similar things about how I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, if we win today we're eyeing 8 wins maybe, if not, we're looking at another losing season in the eyes.

Hackett, huh?

How about Marrone, and Whaley for not doing what he said and leaving the cupboard bare on a trade that only 50% of Bills fans (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...o-Land-Watkins) and hardly anyone else around the country would have made in hindsight?

This is a head coach QB league these days. Neither of them are cutting it.

While some are high on Schwartz, I'd first like to see him hold a few top-10 offenses to below average points before lauding him as being great simply for being able to manage the worst 10 offenses in the league. Or as a "true fan" should I merely be content with our ability to hold offenses ranked in the 20s to fewer than their average points on a regular basis? You tell me.
    Well, YOU are the one that claimed MANY people predicted the Bills would go 10-6 or 9-7 & those people would now be satisfied with 8-8 or less.

In the first place not all that many people predicted the Bills would finish better than 8-8.

I was one of the minority that did. But I don't know of a single person that thought the Bills would have a winning season that will be satisfied with 8-8 or less.

You said MANY would, so I think you can come up with at least ONE person that would be satisfied with that MEDIOCRE record or admit NOBODY that thought the Bills would have a winning record will be satisfied with 8-8.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-02-2014),pmoon6 (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,702 Times in 7,762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Stalking you".

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't flatter yourself.
    Yes, stalking me. And you have threatened me with violence more times than I care to count.

It's really, really creepy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Right, and if Rex Ryan can win a Super Bowl under his leadership Jets fans would be happy too. Do you see that happening, ... ever?

Otherwise, you're saying that if we were 9-2 right now and tied with the Pats after having beaten them the first time in Buffalo that you really think that there would be some fans here that would be unhappy with that?

I remember being that good in the 90s Super Bowl years and being completely content. Disappointed that we couldn't win a SB but content otherwise.

We are so far from being that team right now that there aren't many comparisons though. I don't understand your crystal ball approach that knows what others would think under far better circumstances. Don't you think that's very presumptuous?

I have to ask trapezeus, what's holding you back from ingoring me or using the tech feature of "ignore" if my posts bother you that much? Really, why don't you do that. Just dismiss me as a raving lunatic and permanent ingrate and ignore me. Very respectfully, I would be very pleased if you, moon6, Yard Rat, and a handful of other posters did that.

Do you think that the attitude towards those that were pessimistic would be the same as it was for those that were optimistic?

I'd say that until this team actually cracks that 10-win barrier any and all Bills fans at their choosing reserve the right to complain as much as they want about how this team is run. Do you disagree?
    because you are a newbie that single handedly bring down the discussion level on this board.

I've never seen someone write so much and say so little.

12. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (12-01-2014),pmoon6 (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    because you are a newbie that single handedly bring down the discussion level on this board.

I've never seen someone write so much and say so little.
    LOL

Unlike your commentary which is either ridiculously obvious 90% of the time when it's actually related to football or just like that above, having absolutely nothing to do with football, only having to do with your personal vendettas.

Yes, I understand. Noted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    And you're a mod?

LMAO

Again, hits the point that I've made to you repeatedly in private, that you enforce the terms-of-service per your personal likes and affiliations.

What do you think that says for you as a mod? I'm curious.

To me it says that you support attacking the poster as long as its a poster that you don't favor. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we can't all be clairvoyant on how the bills had to leave buffalo or how benjamin was the perfect pick at 9. and now odell was the hot name last week that you would have took.

keep telling us how you are the smartest guy on the board. we love to read the 400 pages and random stats that prove you don't watch a lot of football.

16. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    we can't all be clairvoyant on how the bills had to leave buffalo or how benjamin was the perfect pick at 9. and now odell was the hot name last week that you would have took.

keep telling us how you are the smartest guy on the board. we love to read the 400 pages and random stats that prove you don't watch a lot of football.
    would have took

I think that part of the problems here just rose to the surface.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And you're a mod?

LMAO

Again, hits the point that I've made to you repeatedly in private, that you enforce the terms-of-service per your personal likes and affiliations.

What do you think that says for you as a mod? I'm curious.

To me it says that you support attacking the poster as long as its a poster that you don't favor. Thoughts?
    I hear BB.com has some really strict TOS enforcement... Perhaps your post would like it better over there. They may even agree with your posts definitions pertaining to "attacking the poster".

Oh, I almost forgot, "Buffalo Bills football". There... that makes this a relevant post.

19. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-05-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Yes, stalking me. And you have threatened me with violence more times than I care to count.

It's really, really creepy.
    Get back to me when you take your balls out of your wife's purse.

"Creepy" is for prepubescent girls.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Aside from ther "attack the poster" stuff that the mods never police this is one of those classic posts for the humor file. Let's dissect it.
    You know, your whining, crying and *****ing is getting old and tiresome.

A few things to let you know about the staff here. We are all volunteers. Nobody gets paid. We put in our time, when we can, to keep this site running because we enjoy it, enjoy most of the people here and love our Buffalo sports teams. Many of us have actual lives we lead. We have jobs. Family. Homes. Hobbies and interests. We put in the time here when we can, and also like to participate in the conversations that take place here.

None of that is meant to make us sound like awesome people. (although, except for Yardie, we are). But I hope that you understand that for the most part we don’t have hours on end to go after people every single time somebody’s feelings are hurt. What we will do though, is address a real issue when it occurs. So when a real personal attack is reported, we address it and move on. What we won’t do is address an issue that is really not an attack or insult or is one that’s so benign that it’s practically meaningless. First off, we don’t have time for that. Secondly, that type of over moderation drives people away. Thirdly, we are all adults here and can deal with it. And, finally, if you think that we don’t address these things there are a number of people who will tell you otherwise that have had their wrists slapped before.

Most of the people on the staff have been doing this for years. In some cases, it’s a decade or more. We’ve seen people come and go. We’ve kicked people out and let them back in. We’ve warned people and addressed a lot, all the way from racist posts to actual threats to name calling that would make a sailor blush. Nothing you have ever reported comes close to that. Most of what you post is simply people disagreeing with you and in some cases calling out for your behavior.

I don’t know if you are real or somebody trolling for attention or an alias that thinks you are being amusing. Whatever the case is, I strongly suggest that cut the crap and learn how to interact with others. A number of the people that you feel so insulted by have never had an issue with anybody else at this place. At some point you need to realize that it is not the world that’s ****ed up – it’s you.

Grow some thicker skin and realize that people will disagree with you. It happens. And it will continue to happen.

If you can’t handle the atmosphere here, I’m sorry. But I sure as hell won’t feel bad about it. And if you’re doing this for some game you’re playing, it’s not amusing anymore and really never was.

Grow up.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 12-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

22. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bill Cody (12-03-2014),Cntrygal (12-05-2014),DraftBoy (12-03-2014),Dude (12-04-2014),feldspar (12-05-2014),Historian (12-03-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (12-03-2014),Mad Bomber (12-04-2014),MikeInRoch (12-03-2014),pmoon6 (12-03-2014),trapezeus (12-03-2014),Yasgur's Farm (12-03-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post

A few things to let you know about the staff here. We are all volunteers. Nobody gets paid. We put in our time, when can, to keep this site running because we enjoy it, enjoy most of the people here and love our Buffalo sports teams. Many of us have actual lives we lead. We have jobs. Family. Homes. Hobbies and interests. We put in the time here when we can, and also like to participate in the conversations that take place here.

None of that is meant to make us sound like awesome people. (although, except for Yardie, we are). But I hope that you understand that for the most part we don’t have hours on end to go after people every single time somebody’s feelings are hurt. What we will do though, is address a real issue when it occurs. So when a real personal attack is reported, we address it and move on. What we won’t do is address an issue that is really not an attack or insult or is one that’s so benign that it’s practically meaningless. First off, we don’t have time for that. Secondly, that type of over moderation drives people away. Thirdly, we are all adults here and can deal with it. And, finally, if you think that we don’t address these things there are a number of people who will tell you otherwise that have had their wrists slapped before.

Most of the people on the staff have been doing this for years. In some cases, it’s a decade or more. We’ve seen people come and go. We’ve kicked people out and let them back in. We’ve warned people and addressed a lot, all the way from racist posts to actual threats to name calling that would make a sailor blush. Nothing you have ever reported comes close to that. Most of what you post is simply people disagreeing with you and in some cases calling out for your behavior.

I don’t know if you are real or somebody trolling for attention or an alias that thinks you are being amusing. Whatever the case is, I strongly suggest that cut the crap and learn how to interact with others. A number of the people that you feel so insulted by have never had an issue with anybody else at this place. At some point you need to realize that it is not the world that’s ****ed up – it’s you.

Grow some thicker skin and realize that people will disagree with you. It happens. And it will continue to happen.

If you can’t handle the atmosphere here, I’m sorry. But I sure as hell won’t feel bad about it. And if you’re doing this for some game you’re playing, it’s not amusing anymore and really never was.

Grow up.
    Bravo...bravo...bravissimo.

24. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks Lecter... And if there's any heat about your comments being public rather than PM's, I will attest as to the number of PM's that mods and admins have sent already in attempts to handle this situation behind closed doors.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nice post but one problem- you're assuming Fletch is telling the truth when he claims to be a 30+ year Bills fan. I'm not buying it. He may or not be a fan of another team but not ours. It's a schtick.

27. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-03-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,308 Times in 15,455 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And one more thing...

We give a lot of latitude on these boards, as a matter of fact, silliness is what the Twilight Zone was created for.

But we try to keep the main Bills board free of all that for the simple fact that the team and the games are the reason people are here.

Most want to have serious Bills discussion without the constant goading and trolling.

Please try to respect that.

29. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-05-2014),Dude (12-04-2014),Mad Bomber (12-04-2014),trapezeus (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post

A few things to let you know about the staff here. We are all volunteers. Nobody gets paid. We put in our time, when we can, to keep this site running because we enjoy it, enjoy most of the people here and love our Buffalo sports teams. Many of us have actual lives we lead. We have jobs. Family. Homes. Hobbies and interests. We put in the time here when we can, and also like to participate in the conversations that take place here.

Grow up.
    LMAO at the posters that thanked your post. All posters that get pet treatment from the mods, if they're not mods themselves.

Check out the last item in my sig. I mean if that doesn't sum it up.

It's funny, with one exception on that list, you let them all run rampant cluttering up the forum with personal petty agenda crap, then whine about the same thing that you say is coming from me when just about everything I post has to do with football.

Class act. LOL

If you want respect as mods and admin, earn it.