PDA

View Full Version : People Please

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
We lost by one freaking point to a probable playoff team.

Wake up.

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
and we are 1 game behind the divison cheater , I mean leader.

:snicker:

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Well EE...

That is why I'm not overly upset about the game. Honestly, I felt going into the game that it was probably going to be 24-10 so I wasn't so upset that it was as close as it was. I was upset how it ended seeing that they could've pulled the upset but I'm over it. 15 other teams are 0-1 too.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
And most of the media has us ranked at 26th in the league including ESPN. It's still a loss. I would have rather won by pure luck.

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
It was only the first game too. There are 15 more games.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
And the starting first teamers looked the same as they did last year and the same as they did in the preseason....but you're right, it's just one game.

An offense that can't move the ball let alone score and a defense that gets gouged all game long...about the only positive thing you can say about the game, outside of special teams, was at least we stopped the Bronco's from getting in the endzone mostly.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
And the starting first teamers looked the same as they did last year and the same as they did in the preseason....but you're right, it's just one game.

An offense that can't move the ball let alone score and a defense that gets gouged all game long...about the only positive thing you can say about the game, outside of special teams, was at least we stopped the Bronco's from getting in the endzone mostly.

I don't know how you don't have veins or major arteries explode on Sundays watching/rooting for both the Browns and Bills.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
It was only the first game too. There are 15 more games.

i hope those 15 remaining are nothing like the first game.

Bufftp
09-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Wake up.
:bf1:

Ed
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
You know we could probably win the next 3-4 games in a row, follow it up with a bad loss and some fans will still have the same knee jerk reactions. JP needs to go, Jauron needs to go, Marv needs to go, Ralph needs to go...

HAMMER
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank you EE, I can't believe the number of people on suicide watch. Our road is tough and we could be facing 0-3 before having a winnable game. Looks like there are a gaggle of jumpers here lately. Makes me wanna puke.

R. Rich
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Wake up.

Why? I only have 25 more minutes of sleep, I mean work, left.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Why? I only have 25 more minutes of sleep, I mean work, left.

when are you going to OBD for a tryout?

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't know how you don't have veins or major arteries explode on Sundays watching/rooting for both the Browns and Bills.

I was at a bar with friends...by the 3rd quarter of the Browns games, I was laughing at the Browns ineptness, yes, literally. Their staff is a joke and they don't know how to prepare a team to play on Sundays. I've given up hope on them winning more than 3 games this year and will be pleasantly surprised when they do actually win a game. Doesn't mean I won't root for them but I expect nothing out of this season outside of Crennel being fired during it...and trust me I eagerly await that day.

The Bills on the other hand actually show up on Sundays and play hard...albeit they lack talent on the defensive side of the ball. Which is why I was happy the bend but don't break style worked on Sunday. The days that style works, the Bills have a legitimate chance at winning. The days it doesn't, which will happen, we're gonna get killed unless the Offense steps it up and it'll be a shootout. Like last year we were in a majority of the games for the year and it's an entertaining product to watch, frustrating at times too, but always entertaining.

Which is the reason we all watch football is to be entertained. Sure winning would be great and is the ultimate goal, but as long as I'm entertained every Sunday I'm happy until either team fields a team that should be a playoff caliber team then the losses are harder to take.

The Browns are now entertaining for a different aspect...comedic relief. I shall laugh week after week watching them get beat down by anyone and everyone. I'll also make a few dollars and now zonebucks off the stupidity and ineptness they show.

You just have to have the right frame of mind going into the game in order not to be pissed off week after week.

RockStar36
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I was at a bar with friends...by the 3rd quarter of the Browns games, I was laughing at the Browns ineptness, yes, literally. Their staff is a joke and they don't know how to prepare a team to play on Sundays. I've given up hope on them winning more than 3 games this year and will be pleasantly surprised when they do actually win a game. Doesn't mean I won't root for them but I expect nothing out of this season outside of Crennel being fired during it...and trust me I eagerly await that day.

The Bills on the other hand actually show up on Sundays and play hard...albeit they lack talent on the defensive side of the ball. Which is why I was happy the bend but don't break style worked on Sunday. The days that style works, the Bills have a legitimate chance at winning. The days it doesn't, which will happen, we're gonna get killed unless the Offense steps it up and it'll be a shootout. Like last year we were in a majority of the games for the year and it's an entertaining product to watch, frustrating at times too, but always entertaining.

Which is the reason we all watch football is to be entertained. Sure winning would be great and is the ultimate goal, but as long as I'm entertained every Sunday I'm happy until either team fields a team that should be a playoff caliber team then the losses are harder to take.

The Browns are now entertaining for a different aspect...comedic relief. I shall laugh week after week watching them get beat down by anyone and everyone. I'll also make a few dollars and now zonebucks off the stupidity and ineptness they show.

You just have to have the right frame of mind going into the game in order not to be pissed off week after week.

That is exactly why I'm not all fired up about losing last Sunday. It sucked to watch Denver kick that field goal however I didn't expect Buffalo to win anyways and while Denver was driving down the field I was trying to think of all the ways the defense would end up blowing the game.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
That is exactly why I'm not all fired up about losing last Sunday. It sucked to watch Denver kick that field goal however I didn't expect Buffalo to win anyways and while Denver was driving down the field I was trying to think of all the ways the defense would end up blowing the game.

I'm also a little "fired up" about this team because they are very close to being a legitimate playoff caliber team that's being held down by what I believe is poor execution by our QB. Ultimately the offenses inability to sustain drives is on his shoulders.

If we could sustain drives and keep our porous D off the field, we'd enjoy more wins, especially when "bend but don't break" only allows FGs. Even with how poorly our D got marched on Sunday, which I expect to be pretty much weekly, we could and should have won.

In crunch time the supposed "leader" of the team failed to show up. Someone in that huddle has to tell Marshawn "stay inbounds." Obviously that didn't happen. Then on our last offensive play, I don't care if the coach called the bomb, take charge of the team JP. You're the leader, either audible to something else, or just don't throw the ball to Evans on the play.

So yes, that makes it all a little frustrating to me.

R. Rich
09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
when are you going to OBD for a tryout?

When I go back into time 20 years.......to when I last played a season of football.

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I think we all need to just chill out a bit! We lost the first game, by 1 point. Yes the defense didn't look all that great, and yes the offense couldn't sustain a drive and ultimately couldn't control the clock late in the game. And yes, there was bad playcalling by the coaching staff. But such is life! With all that said, I think that are some great things happening with this team!

Poz played a good game, he looked lost everyone once in a while but was solid. I think he will be a beast!

Lynch looked impressive, he gave more effort on that 4th and 1 play then I ever seen out of Mcgahee last season, make that ever! 90 yds on 17 carries. I will take that any day. Gave that man the ball more. I would love to see him get 25 carries a game.

Whitner has looked good since his first game. I believe that he will be a star in this league.

The O line, although scrutinized on this board did look much improved over last year. JP had time to throw, something that couldn't be said last year. They weren't great but they played much better then last year! A step in the right direction.

I am sorry to everyone on this board for being positive! I know it is a bit out of place here.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I think we all need to just chill out a bit! We lost the first game, by 1 point. Yes the defense didn't look all that great, and yes the offense couldn't sustain a drive and ultimately couldn't control the clock late in the game. And yes, there was bad playcalling by the coaching staff. But such is life! With all that said, I think that are some great things happening with this team!

so, pretty much everything went wrong, but we should still chill and there are still great things happening with this team? Please.

It's SSDD with this team- 3rd straight year of not being able to stop the run, 5th straight year of not being able to sustain drives on O (with a slight hiatus at the end of 04). We had so many opportunities to win this game and we didn't do it.

"oh, well the D only gave up 15 points". Guess what? We were 10th in points allowed last year and we still lost 9 games. Points allowed means nothing if the D can't get off the field and the O can't sustain drives.

This team has a lot of problems and demonstrated that this past Sunday. If we played like that against the Chargers, Pats or Colts, they would have put up 40 on us.

Elminster
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM

Poz played a good game, he looked lost everyone once in a while but was solid. I think he will be a beast!

Lynch looked impressive, he gave more effort on that 4th and 1 play then I ever seen out of Mcgahee last season, make that ever! 90 yds on 17 carries. I will take that any day. Gave that man the ball more. I would love to see him get 25 carries a game.

Whitner has looked good since his first game. I believe that he will be a star in this league.

The O line, although scrutinized on this board did look much improved over last year. JP had time to throw, something that couldn't be said last year. They weren't great but they played much better then last year! A step in the right direction.

I am sorry to everyone on this board for being positive! I know it is a bit out of place here.
I would even say our defense is better than it looks. Our offense should be able to score more than 15 points, and it would have if Lindell made that field goal. I don't care what anyone says, if you give up 15 points a week, you ought to be winning.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Thank you EE, I can't believe the number of people on suicide watch. Our road is tough and we could be facing 0-3 before having a winnable game. Looks like there are a gaggle of jumpers here lately. Makes me wanna puke.

so, what exactly is the point of this post? Are we supposed to be happy about the fact we're facing 0-3? Are we supposed to ignore all the problems this team has? And what exactly do you mean by "jumpers"? If you're implying people who are pessimistic about this team are jumping off the bandwagon, you couldn't be more wrong.

TheBrownBear
09-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Here's the problem:

470 - 184.

That's how badly we were outgained on Sunday. Replace Cutler with a veteran QB and we lose that game by 20+ points. We were dominated in pretty much every facet of the game except special teams. That's not a good sign, especially when you are playing at home. If we play like this at Pittsburgh, we're gonna get killed.

shelby
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Good post Double E!

Mitchy moo
09-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Here's the problem:

470 - 184.

That's how badly we were outgained on Sunday. Replace Cutler with a veteran QB and we lose that game by 20+ points. We were dominated in pretty much every facet of the game except special teams. That's not a good sign, especially when you are playing at home. If we play like this at Pittsburgh, we're gonna get killed.

Replace JP with a veteran and we win by 10, so your point is?

Night Train
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
It's the way our D line was manhandled. Then the domino effect kicked in.

Being there in person and able to focus on the DT's and DE's, it was quite alarming. Williams and Triplett were brutal. They couldn't make a play to save themselves. McCargo showed some movement but it was basically Paul Pos playing making plays in his first game with great assistance from Whitner.

The other 9 got beat.

mybills
09-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Wake up.
I'd :posrep: you for this, but I already got you on that "Doc Rocky" comment. :evil:

Meathead
09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
its the way they lost that has my confidence in them totally shot

all game long they made unforced errors. one after another after another after another. they were at home where they should feel comfortable and have an easier time avoiding mistakes like that, yet there they were bumbling one oppty after another

all the broncos really needed to do was give the ball to henry and wait for the bills to blow themselves up, which they did. and when denver did try to give the game away the bills failed to capitalize over and over and over again

then at the end the bills pull the cardinal sin of errors by running ONE PLAY that ran time off the clock when protecting a lead. how complicated is that?!? thats basic football 101 that they failed miserably at. miserably. they couldnt even get one single second more off the clock in a game they lost by less than a second. you gotta be a serious loser to lose that way

and to just twist the knife a little further mcgee gets a rainbow balloon served up to him that woulda iced the game and he lets it fall between his knees. un frikken boweevabo

they should have looked much better all the way around having been in the same systems for another year but they didnt. they looked like a team that cant get out of its own way. the only thing that kept them from getting completely blown out was not turning the ball over

the bottom line to me is that this is a bad team. period. im not a negative nelly at all but this is just being realistic. it was a bad performance that was far worse than the score indicated

my only hope is that this was a simple aberration, that they wont continue to make unforced errors at that rate. but when the mistakes are spread out so evenly across the team that appears to be wishful thinking. a team usually doesnt stop being boneheaded overnight. and i dont think they will

at this point i expect twenty point steamrolled losses the next two weeks. after that who knows but the odds of playoffs after that are low single digits. that means another year of waiting, another year of cheering for development only

woo frikken hoo

Typ0
09-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Wake up.

come on. Broncos played bad and somehow managed to make our crappy team look good in a loss. Now our "gonna be a pro bowl QB this year" QB has his head hung low. I don't care what fire gets lit under our guys this week the steelers are going to pummel us.

YardRat
09-13-2007, 07:35 PM
so, pretty much everything went wrong, but we should still chill and there are still great things happening with this team? Please.

It's SSDD with this team- 3rd straight year of not being able to stop the run, 5th straight year of not being able to sustain drives on O (with a slight hiatus at the end of 04). We had so many opportunities to win this game and we didn't do it.

"oh, well the D only gave up 15 points". Guess what? We were 10th in points allowed last year and we still lost 9 games. Points allowed means nothing if the D can't get off the field and the O can't sustain drives.

This team has a lot of problems and demonstrated that this past Sunday. If we played like that against the Chargers, Pats or Colts, they would have put up 40 on us.

We did play that way against those teams last year, and nobody put up forty on us. As a matter of fact, we had a legitmate shot at winning at least two of them.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
We did play that way against those teams last year, and nobody put up forty on us. As a matter of fact, we had a legitmate shot at winning at least two of them.

yet, we still lost- we hung close but were unable to close the deal, just like this past sunday.

Like I said, same ****, different day. It's always one step forward, two steps backwards with this team, and so far I'm not even sure we took a step forward. The only thing that looked improved over last year was the OL, yet somehow that still didn't translate to success.

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2007, 09:12 PM

I think that it is quite clear that this is rebuilding year 2 under Marv, think that it is easy to see that Marv is looking to rebuild using the draft. With that said, What kind of expectations do you have for this team?

We are young and inexperienced, of course they are going to suck from time to time. I think it is funny that so many people are up in arms after week 1. I think it is clear that this team is not going to be a Super Bowl contender, or playoff contender for that matter. With that in mind, the only thing we can do is look at the good things happening with the team and look to the future. Sorry for being positive. I should have know that it was not going to go over well around here.

OpIv37
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that it is quite clear that this is rebuilding year 2 under Marv, think that it is easy to see that Marv is looking to rebuild using the draft. With that said, What kind of expectations do you have for this team?

We are young and inexperienced, of course they are going to suck from time to time. I think it is funny that so many people are up in arms after week 1. I think it is clear that this team is not going to be a Super Bowl contender, or playoff contender for that matter. With that in mind, the only thing we can do is look at the good things happening with the team and look to the future. Sorry for being positive. I should have know that it was not going to go over well around here.

oh my expectations for this team are very low- I think equaling last year's 7 wins would be an accomplishment.

But that's no excuse for horrendous coaching, a gutless offensive game plan, stupid penalties, a D that showed no improvement over last year, Losman's apparent regression, etc. I fully expected us to lose the game- I just expected to see some sign that the rebuilding process has led to some improvement, and I didn't. I saw a game that mirrored most of the games last year.

So much for year 1 to year 2 improvement. So much for another season being in the same system. So much for the D being young and fast.

You said great things are happening- so far those great things have only been on paper.

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
oh my expectations for this team are very low- I think equaling last year's 7 wins would be an accomplishment.

But that's no excuse for horrendous coaching, a gutless offensive game plan, stupid penalties, a D that showed no improvement over last year, Losman's apparent regression, etc. I fully expected us to lose the game- I just expected to see some sign that the rebuilding process has led to some improvement, and I didn't. I saw a game that mirrored most of the games last year.

So much for year 1 to year 2 improvement. So much for another season being in the same system. So much for the D being young and fast.

You said great things are happening- so far those great things have only been on paper.

I agree with most of that. Poz had a good game and Lynch's 90 yd game were not just on paper. Everything else I will give you.