PDA

View Full Version : Good job Buffalo... From a Jets fan

HendersonD06
09-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I dont know if you all found yourself a great QB... Or does the Jets D really suck...

Good job Buffalo, you all just beat the worst team in all of football. I miss Herm Edwards as a coach... Never, and I mean NEVER... Would a Herms coached Jets pick up 9 freaking penalties... Never... Mangini is overrated in my eyes.

You know what? Sometimes I dont even know why I bother watching sports,it makes me down as a freaking fan... Im just sick and tired of rooting for a sorry ass team year in, year out. Im just sick of it...

Yea im gonna root for the Jets next week vs the damn Giants... but the season is done in my eyes

13-3... Yea... GL huh

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I dont know if you all found yourself a great QB... Or does the Jets D really suck...

Good job Buffalo, you all just beat the worst team in all of football. I miss Herm Edwards as a coach... Never, and I mean NEVER... Would a Herms coached Jets pick up 9 freaking penalties... Never... Mangini is overrated in my eyes.

You know what? Sometimes I dont even know why I bother watching sports,it makes me down as a freaking fan... Im just sick and tired of rooting for a sorry ass team year in, year out. Im just sick of it...

Yea im gonna root for the Jets next week vs the damn Giants... but the season is done in my eyes

13-3... Yea... GL huh

You sound a lot like some of the posters here!

Thanks. I was pretty scared at the end though. The Bills have lost a LOT of those types of games.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I have to admit two things. The Jets are really, really, bad. We are missing a bunch of starters on our D and we held you to like 38 yards. And we suck at stopping the run.

Pennington has to go. I like the guy, and he's obvioulsy very smart, but he has the weakest arm in the league and it hurt you today big time.

YardRat
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
A win's a win. I'll take it.

mybills
09-30-2007, 04:55 PM
To be totally honest...the Jets got screwed by the refs. I hate unfair officiating, even when my team ends up winning. For example: Why the F didn't they stop the clock when the Jets receiver went OB at the end? There was like 3:46 left. They lost a good 30 - 40 seconds and we all know that DOES count. That's not the only bs I saw, either. I think that game would've definitely gone into OT had they stopped the clock when they were supposed to, but I also thought Kelsay's sack was questionable as to how it was made. You can make a sack by the QB's head? I'm happy for the win, but by no means am I proud of it. I'd rather win fair & square. :mad:

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 05:01 PM
To be totally honest...the Jets got screwed by the refs. I hate unfair officiating, even when my team ends up winning. For example: Why the F didn't they stop the clock when the Jets receiver went OB at the end? There was like 3:46 left. They lost a good 30 - 40 seconds and we all know that DOES count. That's not the only bs I saw, either. I think that game would've definitely gone into OT had they stopped the clock when they were supposed to, but I also thought Kelsay's sack was questionable as to how it was made. You can make a sack by the QB's head? I'm happy for the win, but by no means am I proud of it. I'd rather win fair & square. :mad:

Hmm. I thought the pass interfernce on Josh Reed screwed us.

G. Host
09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Royals was down on the ground before ball came out in a fumble. Bar was calling for Jauron to throw the flag but there must not have been enough camera proof to overturn ruling.

mybills
09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
It was terrible on BOTH sides.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Apparently, if the receiver is knocked out of bounds or pushed out backwards, they give them the yardage of forward progess but since progress was stopped IN THE FIELD OF PLAY, then the clock continues.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I have to admit two things. The Jets are really, really, bad. We are missing a bunch of starters on our D and we held you to like 38 yards. And we suck at stopping the run.

Pennington has to go. I like the guy, and he's obvioulsy very smart, but he has the weakest arm in the league and it hurt you today big time.

If the Jets run more, they have a better chance of winning.

Mr. Cynical
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM

No offense, but yeah, the Jets D sucks. But our does as well so don't feel bad. We all just have to face the facts that our respective teams have s***ty coaches, mediocre talent and have a long way to go before becoming competitive.

At least the Fish suck too. :;

mybills
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Apparently, if the receiver is knocked out of bounds or pushed out backwards, they give them the yardage of forward progess but since progress was stopped IN THE FIELD OF PLAY, then the clock continues.
I disagree.
You can catch the ball & get out - clock stops.
You can get tackled OB but your knee's down IB - clock stops.
You can get pushed OB making or not making the catch - clock stops.

Unless they've changed the rules this year, the jets got ripped off 30-40 seconds on that play.

shelby
09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks Henderson!

Typ0
09-30-2007, 06:54 PM
I disagree.
You can catch the ball & get out - clock stops.
You can get tackled OB but your knee's down IB - clock stops.
You can get pushed OB making or not making the catch - clock stops.

Unless they've changed the rules this year, the jets got ripped off 30-40 seconds on that play.

look up the rules. They changed the rules that govern when the clock stops and starts last year or the year before...we basically have less football now because games were taking too long due to the replay.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:06 PM
look up the rules. They changed the rules that govern when the clock stops and starts last year or the year before...we basically have less football now because games were taking too long due to the replay.

I'm pretty confident that I am right, but I didn't see it in the rules at all. And I think it has been this way for a few years.

JD
09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Chernobyl, how much did you guys make mikey drink!?!? :roflmao:

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Chernobyl, how much did you guys make mikey drink!?!? :roflmao:

I believe he decided Long Island Iced Teas were good and downed three in about half an hour. That was AFTER several beers and a few shots.

Whaler53
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'd like to drop in and say congrats on a nice win. The better team on the field won today

From a Pats fan

Ickybaluky
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty confident that I am right, but I didn't see it in the rules at all. And I think it has been this way for a few years.

Yes, that is the rule and has been some time. If the ref rules the players forward progress is stopped prior to going out of bounds, then the ball is ruled dead on the field and the clock keeps moving. It has nothing to do with going out of bounds, it has to do with where the play is ruled dead.

Typo is referring to the rule change a couple years ago that kept the clock moving when a player goes out of bounds other than the last 5 minutes of each half. That was done to speed up the game.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM
thanks Hendo. Good luck the rest of the season.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes, that is the rule and has been some time. If the ref rules the players forward progress is stopped prior to going out of bounds, then the ball is ruled dead on the field and the clock keeps moving. It has nothing to do with going out of bounds, it has to do with where the play is ruled dead.

Typo is referring to the rule change a couple years ago that kept the clock moving when a player goes out of bounds other than the last 5 minutes of each half. That was done to speed up the game.

by mybills said she disagrees.

Ickybaluky
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
by mybills said she disagrees.

Perhaps she should watch more games while sober.

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Perhaps she should watch more games while sober.

It is not as much fun for Bills fans to watch games sober.

They usually hurt more when sober.

mybills
09-30-2007, 08:52 PM
I will watch the game again, but I'm pretty sure he caught it, then got outta bounds, which should still stop the clock.

It is not as much fun for Bills fans to watch games sober.

They usually hurt more when sober.
Painfully, I agree with you. :sadwalk:

DynaPaul
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM

13-3... Yea... GL huh

Hey man, we know exactly how you feel. The Jets aren't the worst team in the league though. I don't know why you'd want Herm back, he's kinda bone-headed and the Chiefs aren't really going anywhere under him. Give Mangini a little time.

Next time the Jets will probably beat us since we seem to split the series 1 - 1 no matter how bad or good either team is.

mybills
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Funny...nobody's answered this question yet...
"You can make a sack with the QB's head?"

Sorry but, we got away with that BS call. Kelsay was wrong.
I don't want the Bills to even TRY to mimic NE. :cynic: