PDA

View Full Version : By next year, Edwards in, Losman out.

Kerr
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it's pretty evident that Losman is going to be dealt in the offseason. I hope JP lights up the bengals and keeps playing as long as we win. This would increase his trade value in the offseason. As much as you like or hate the guy, he's gone. The writing is on the wall. It was written as soon as Marv drafted Trent Edwards in the 3rd round. I'm pretty sure reality still won't sink in around here, but as long as some people realize the inevitable, it should make most of this crap around here seem pointless.

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Trade him to Green Bay. He'll already have at least one fan waiting for him here.

Tatonka
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
i hope your wrong, but your probably not.. assuming he doesnt light it up.. which is not going to be easy considering he has to overcome the offensive coordinator.

i will say this.. if he lights it up.. they wont trade him.. if jp goes on to play very well and get us into the playoffs it will be just like brees and rivers.. brees stayed for the last year of his contract and then walked.. jp will do the same.. again, only if he really performs well.. if he doesnt.. then your right he will probably be gone.

i hope he goes to detriot. i could root for them t and my boy kevin jones.

SABURZFAN
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
:birds:

Mitchy moo
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
:birds:

:bad:

acehole
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I think it's pretty evident that Losman is going to be dealt in the offseason. I hope JP lights up the bengals and keeps playing as long as we win. This would increase his trade value in the offseason. As much as you like or hate the guy, he's gone. The writing is on the wall. It was written as soon as Marv drafted Trent Edwards in the 3rd round. I'm pretty sure reality still won't sink in around here, but as long as some people realize the inevitable, it should make most of this crap around here seem pointless.

100% correct...unless he plays exceptional. That would put Ralph in a bad spot for a long time. IE no FA will want to come here knowing if they play good....or hit their incentives they are gone...no jouney men... nobody. The other side of this as well is our oun FA's...like evans and witner,..and some others we are trying to build around wont want to stay. In the end Ralphs cheapness will end up costing him more then he is trying to save. If Edwards does get the job and does not preform you will see a pissed locker room indeed...as the players best years of thier career will be squandered while he learns the difference between INt's and td's. I wish JP well and I hope we get somthing good for him as we will need as many draft picks we can get our hands on....after all they have to start and fill the holes the FA's won't.

TacklingDummy
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so".

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. Odds are he will go on and do nothing just like almost every other ex-Bill went on to do.

Albany,n.y.
11-01-2007, 04:36 PM
100% correct...unless he plays exceptional. That would put Ralph in a bad spot for a long time. IE no FA will want to come here knowing if they play good....or hit their incentives they are gone...no jouney men... nobody. The other side of this as well is our oun FA's...like evans and witner,..and some others we are trying to build around wont want to stay. In the end Ralphs cheapness will end up costing him more then he is trying to save. If Edwards does get the job and does not preform you will see a pissed locker room indeed...as the players best years of thier career will be squandered while he learns the difference between INt's and td's. I wish JP well and I hope we get somthing good for him as we will need as many draft picks we can get our hands on....after all they have to start and fill the holes the FA's won't.
What a baseless, absurd conclusion! So, because a team decides that the guy with the 8-19 record in starts should be replaced, the other players in the league will interpret it as he got benched for being too good & in danger of meeting his incentives-hogwash! Ralph has not been cheap with players who PERFORM, and the free agents will come here 1) if he pays them enough 2) if by the team's actions-an unwillingness to pay big $ to a QB who has not lead the team to any meaningful wins & has been coddled by some fans in spite of the team's 30% wins when he starts- show they want to win, not stay with a loser at QB. You've been listening to Tom Donahoe's friends at ESPN instead of looking at the facts. Facts are, Losman's playing time has nothing to do with incentives. If he reaches incentives and gets traded, Ralph ain't paying him anyway. If he doesn't reach incentives & has a low salary & gets traded, Ralph ain't saving any $ because he's not on the team. I can't imagine one player in the league, except his pal, Lee Evans, gives a rats @ss what the Bills are doing with JP and their free agent decisions will not be based on what the Bills do with JP.

acehole
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so".

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. Odds are he will go on and do nothing just like almost every other ex-Bill went on to do.

Scratch me off that list...with the exception of moulds I wanted every ex bill to have a good career. I dont think there is a thing wrong with wanting JP do do well if he goes elsewhere. It might be the other way around as we had many complianing about an 85 yard TD pass that sealed us the game and lost some of you the TE vs JP debate.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so"..that's better than you wishing he would fail as a bill just so you could say "I told you so"

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. .
Obviously. You did't even care about him in a bills uni (except for ..see above) ,why would we expect otherwise when he's gone?

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Let's face facts.

Losman is alot like Rex Grossman. He'll get you some really exciting plays and than throw some picks or take some sacks that'll just have you shaking your head.

I think there are teams out there that he would do great on. Green Bay, who wanted him in the first place, would be a great fit.

The Bills like Edwards because he fits the vision for this team and what they are trying to accomplish.

Anybody who thinks JP is staying as a Bill is going to be disappointed. Unless we make the playoffs with him as QB I believe that it is a forgone conclusion that he will be out of here at the end of the season.

shelby
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
The Bills like Edwards because he fits the vision for this team and what they are trying to accomplish.

Anybody who thinks JP is staying as a Bill is going to be disappointed. Unless we make the playoffs with him as QB I believe that it is a forgone conclusion that he will be out of here at the end of the season.

i agree 100%.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Let's face facts.

Losman is alot like Rex Grossman. He'll get you some really exciting plays and than throw some picks or take some sacks that'll just have you shaking your head. well the facts say worse about TE at this point in time. NO exciting plays and then bonehead INT's.

The Bills like Edwards because he fits the vision for this team and what they are trying to accomplish. you mean Ralph's vision and what he's trying to accomplish. Save a buck. I wonder if this is what MArv meant when wgr said something liike Marv said in the lines of" are we trying to nickle and dime...."

I agree completely however, if the bills decide to stick with Losman even next year, I can see a holdout in his last year unless his future here is guaranteed in writing.

He and his agent would be stupid to stay without an extension and the bills would be stupid to hold him to his last year of contract knowing it could be a lockerroom problem.

Don't forget, Lee is keeping an eye on the way JP is being handled by our FO and so are the other players.

acehole
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
What a baseless, absurd conclusion! So, because a team decides that the guy with the 8-19 record in starts should be replaced, the other players in the league will interpret it as he got benched for being too good & in danger of meeting his incentives-hogwash! Ralph has not been cheap with players who PERFORM, and the free agents will come here 1) if he pays them enough 2) if by the team's actions-an unwillingness to pay big $ to a QB who has not lead the team to any meaningful wins & has been coddled by some fans in spite of the team's 30% wins when he starts- show they want to win, not stay with a loser at QB. You've been listening to Tom Donahoe's friends at ESPN instead of looking at the facts. Facts are, Losman's playing time has nothing to do with incentives. If he reaches incentives and gets traded, Ralph ain't paying him anyway. If he doesn't reach incentives & has a low salary & gets traded, Ralph ain't saving any $ because he's not on the team. I can't imagine one player in the league, except his pal, Lee Evans, gives a rats @ss what the Bills are doing with JP and their free agent decisions will not be based on what the Bills do with JP.

"Unless he plays exceptional"
Please read before responding.....might make a valid piont if you did.

Night Train
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree that Losman will not be at our next training camp but that means a Vet QB must be identified as a backup. No more rookies.

Plus the jury is still out on Edwards. 1 TD, 5 INT's & cement feet means little margin for error. Teams will put 8-9 in the box until he can beat them. He must prove his deep arm strength, bad weather ability, red zone ability and last but not least, his durability...and that looks very shaky at present. Will he even stay healthy enough to gain experience ?

I'll back anyone wearing the Bills jersey but not put blinders on. Edwards is a work in progress and opposing D's will tee off until he can beat them.

patmoran2006
11-02-2007, 12:42 PM
i hope your wrong, but your probably not.. assuming he doesnt light it up.. which is not going to be easy considering he has to overcome the offensive coordinator.

i will say this.. if he lights it up.. they wont trade him.. if jp goes on to play very well and get us into the playoffs it will be just like brees and rivers.. brees stayed for the last year of his contract and then walked.. jp will do the same.. again, only if he really performs well.. if he doesnt.. then your right he will probably be gone.

THe reason why you're wrong is because Ralph Wilson is not Alex Spanos.

It's a good point about Brees/Rivers in SD; but it's not happening in Buffalo past this season.

For starters, it's little secret that Wilson is infatuated with Edwards for whatever reason. For another, next season Losman is scheduled to make more than $6 million just in base salary over Edwards. You or anyone who thinks Wilson is going to pay that for a QB he doesnt like as much as Edwards, has lost their mind. On top of that, he'd be a sitting lame duck going into FA the following season. Wilson isn't paying $6.5 million for Losman next season, no way.(and I dont even know what his prorated signing bonus or incentives are)

JP is gone after this season; it's the way of the Buffalo business land.

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I think Trent is subject to the same microscope that JP is and 1TD and 5 INTS is not going to do it.

However, let's be fair and objective with the criticism around here.

1) The guy doesn't have stone feet. He's actually moved well in the pocket. No, he's not going to take off and run for 10 yards but neither does Tom Brady.

2) He has plenty of arm strength. The reason he's not throwing deep is because he's admittidley "not comfortable, yet." The long ball will come with time so people need to be patient.

If I had a criticism it's that he needs to find the endzone. My rule of thumb is that if you have more TDs than picks, like JP had last year, than it's hard to ***** about anyone's play.

He's a rookie that has to get judged like a vet the minute the Bills start him over a healthy vet. But lets keep the analysis factual.

acehole
11-02-2007, 12:58 PM

What is baseles is you seem to think Ralph is not cheap.
My main piont is Fa's who come here will want more
"guaranted" money vs insentive based....which if they end up
sucking will cost ralph more in the end. The perception is that
Ralph endes up pulling crap in contract years. All good pionts.
Ever heard of cash to cap?
Naa Ralph isnt cheap...naa....

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Absolutely nothing's changed for Losman. He needs to shore up his short-medium game and he'll be at least average to the extent that he can do that. To date he hasn't even proven an inkling of an improvement over last season however.

Having said that, sans that short game, he ain't goin' anywhere for much of anything in exchange. It doesn't matter how many deep balls he pitches. You can only throw so many of those in a season and last season was pretty much a clinic on maxes there. Yet, our offense was not good for it.

On the other hand, if Losman does in fact find that short game, not an odds-on wager, then Edwards becomes expendable.

Wraith
11-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Absolutely nothing's changed for Losman. He needs to shore up his short-medium game and he'll be at least average to the extent that he can do that. To date he hasn't even proven an inkling of an improvement over last season however.

Having said that, sans that short game, he ain't goin' anywhere for much of anything in exchange. It doesn't matter how many deep balls he pitches. You can only throw so many of those in a season and last season was pretty much a clinic on maxes there. Yet, our offense was not good for it.

On the other hand, if Losman does in fact find that short game, not an odds-on wager, then Edwards becomes expendable.

It would be hard to improve on his short game from last year, as he was second only to Tony Romo at it last year.

justasportsfan
11-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Even if JP finds his short game, he's gone per Ralphy. No way Ralphy throws $$$ is JP's face based on the new CBA.

IMO, unlike JP where he has the best long ball looking to improve his short game, we'll have TE who has one of the best short game looking for the long ball. If he doesn't find it soon, Evans won't be extending his contract here either unles Ralphy by some miracle, gives him a contract that makes him the best paid player in franchise history .

IMO Ralph couldn't afford to extend both JP and Lee so he decided to go with another option. Let JP go and go with Trent so he can extend Lee. Problem is, Lee could be gone with JP.

patmoran2006
11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

There is a zero point zero chance that Edwards becomes expendable.

He's a quarterback the entire Bills organization is extremely high on; and not only that-- his salary for 2008 is 350K. THere aren't many starting-quality quarterbacks in the NFL that are under a half million. In the BIlls eyes, they got a STEAL for the next few years before being forced to pay him.

I dont care if he goes back to the bench after Sunday or lights up Cinci and MIami before running into NE; JP Losman's days here are numbered.

Ralph Wilson will not, and SHOULD NOT pay a $40+ million plus extension to a QB who is 8-19 as a starter, lacks pretty much all the intangibles top QB's have, not to mention a QB in the organization pretty much the entire front office (and head coach) likes more.

Albany,n.y.
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
"Unless he plays exceptional"
Please read before responding.....might make a valid piont if you did.
If he plays exceptional he doesn't get traded, they keep him & if he continues to play exceptional they re-sign him before 2009 (because if he's that exceptional he gets franchised). So, what you're telling me is the "Unless he plays exceptional"
negates your whole premise, because if he does then Ralph pays him & now free agents are mad at the Bills for paying JP. Still makes no sense.

Albany,n.y.
11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
What is baseles is you seem to think Ralph is not cheap.
My main piont is Fa's who come here will want more
"guaranted" money vs insentive based....which if they end up
sucking will cost ralph more in the end. The perception is that
Ralph endes up pulling crap in contract years. All good pionts.
Ever heard of cash to cap?
Naa Ralph isnt cheap...naa....
Ok, that's our real difference of opinion. I think Ralph is cheap players who don't perform (also all coaches, but that's aqnother topic), but pays players who do, you think Ralph is cheap with everyone. I'll base my beliefs on contract extensions to Schobel and Moorman this year when it wasn't necessary and past extensions/raises to Thurman Thomas & Jim Kelly. Who has he tried to pull crap with in a contract year? Other than pure speculation by ESPN, I can't think of one-JP included.

Albany,n.y.
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM

It's a good point about Brees/Rivers in SD; but it's not happening in Buffalo past this season.

For starters, it's little secret that Wilson is infatuated with Edwards for whatever reason. For another, next season Losman is scheduled to make more than $6 million just in base salary over Edwards. You or anyone who thinks Wilson is going to pay that for a QB he doesnt like as much as Edwards, has lost their mind. On top of that, he'd be a sitting lame duck going into FA the following season. Wilson isn't paying $6.5 million for Losman next season, no way.(and I dont even know what his prorated signing bonus or incentives are)

JP is gone after this season; it's the way of the Buffalo business land.
You're off by a decimal point. JP's base salary next year is reported at around $650,000. The incentives he can reach, even if he plays the rest of the season won't get him the reported $3 million ESPN was crying about.
I say if JP doesn't play well enough to get us a draft choice at least in the 1st 3 rounds he stays, because the backup QB market for next year is very thin. Even if JP demands a trade, if nobody is willing to give up at least a 3, he knows he's no better off elsewhere next season & reality sets in & he stays as #2. Then he has another year to try to convince them he's better than Edwards, which he may still believe. I had to rethink things when I looked at possible veteran 2nd stringers for next year & the best I could come up with was Mark Brunell-who can't beat out Todd Collins.

YardRat
11-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Watching Losman play is like playing the NYS Lotto. Once in a blue moon you get a minimal return, but most of the time you're just pissing your hopes and money down the toilet and your chances at winning the big prize is one in ten million.

acehole
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Disagree. Rex throws lots of picks....

Let's face facts.

Losman is alot like Rex Grossman. He'll get you some really exciting plays and than throw some picks or take some sacks that'll just have you shaking your head.

I think there are teams out there that he would do great on. Green Bay, who wanted him in the first place, would be a great fit.

acehole
11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, that's our real difference of opinion. I think Ralph is cheap players who don't perform (also all coaches, but that's aqnother topic), but pays players who do, you think Ralph is cheap with everyone. I'll base my beliefs on contract extensions to Schobel and Moorman this year when it wasn't necessary and past extensions/raises to Thurman Thomas & Jim Kelly. Who has he tried to pull crap with in a contract year? Other than pure speculation by ESPN, I can't think of one-JP included.

I agree on Schobel and others but they may never see the last years of those deals. What say you about clement, Spikes? This isnt espn speculation.....clumpy will tell you we are one of the lowest teams under the cap and have the one of the smallest payrolls. Lets face it Ralph is no Jerry Jones. What doesnt make sense to me here is that if JP is making so little next year you would think they would want to keep him.....

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Disagree. Rex throws lots of picks....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rex:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores>414</TD><TD class=yspscores>764</TD><TD class=yspscores>54.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>4996</TD><TD class=yspscores>185.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=yspscores>32</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JP:<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores>417</TD><TD class=yspscores>714</TD><TD class=yspscores>58.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>4791</TD><TD class=yspscores>145.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's like looking in a mirror!!!!!!!

acehole
11-02-2007, 05:14 PM
If he plays exceptional he doesn't get traded, they keep him & if he continues to play exceptional they re-sign him before 2009 (because if he's that exceptional he gets franchised). So, what you're telling me is the "Unless he plays exceptional"
negates your whole premise, because if he does then Ralph pays him & now free agents are mad at the Bills for paying JP. Still makes no sense.

My piont was simple...if he plays exceptional they better sign him...because if they dont' RALPH WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE LATER TO fa's and to exstend our guys AFTER WHAT THEY SEE HAPPENED TO JP. I agreed with the original premise of the post that JP a ghost after this year anyway. Some have speculated that Ralph wants to go with Edwards so the thinking is He does not want to pay JP for insentives if he is going to show him the door anyway. That butresses my hypothisis that Ralph is Cheap. The new but related thought was what if he plays exceptional and still doesnt get signed...that would further support my crazy theory that RALPH IS CHEAP. I cant make it any clearer. If JP playes exceptional not just "OK" then he should be resigned. If he playes Exceptional and doent get signed my piont was Ralph would then be penny wise and pound foolish as it will cost him down the road in more upfront moneys.

acehole
11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

My piont was simple...if he plays exceptional they better sign him...because if they dont' RALPH WILL HAVE TO PAY MORE LATER TO fa's and to exstend our guys AFTER WHAT THEY SEE HAPPENED TO JP. I agreed with the original premise of the post that JP a ghost after this year anyway. Some have speculated that Ralph wants to go with Edwards so the thinking is He does not want to pay JP for insentives if he is going to show him the door anyway. That butresses my hypothisis that Ralph is Cheap. The new but related thought was what if he plays exceptional and still doesnt get signed...that would further support my crazy theory that RALPH IS CHEAP. I cant make it any clearer. If JP playes exceptional not just "OK" then he should be resigned. If he playes Exceptional and doent get signed my piont was Ralph would then be penny wise and pound foolish as it will cost him down the road in more upfront moneys to other players.

patmoran2006
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Look, I dont care who plays I just want to win.

Having said that- if Wilson is sold on Edwards, and it doesnt matter to him if we all think its bull****-- then Losman will be gone.

If you want me to be honest, I'd PREFER we played Losman the rest of THIS YEAR, that way there is no disputing that he's a very average QB. What he brings to the table in athletic ability doesnt often cover up his mental shortcomings at the position; and that's not going to change this year or next.

Do I think he got did wrong by this team? Absolutely I do. But what else is new in Buffalo.

Philagape
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Look, I dont care who plays I just want to win.

Having said that- if Wilson is sold on Edwards, and it doesnt matter to him if we all think its bull****-- then Losman will be gone.

If you want me to be honest, I'd PREFER we played Losman the rest of THIS YEAR, that way there is no disputing that he's a very average QB. What he brings to the table in athletic ability doesnt often cover up his mental shortcomings at the position; and that's not going to change this year or next.

Do I think he got did wrong by this team? Absolutely I do. But what else is new in Buffalo.

His problem is that he's a high-maintenance QB. He needs the right system, right teammates, right opponent, etc., to succeed. He's the kind of QB whom others will make look good, instead of vice-versa.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2007, 06:06 PM

JP is gone after this season; it's the way of the Buffalo business land.Nothing you say here is legit concerning JP's worth or ability to be the best Bills QB.

Yasgur's Farm
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspdetailttl">Comp</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Att</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Pct</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Yds</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Y/G</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Y/A</td><td class="yspdetailttl">TD</td><td class="yspdetailttl">Int</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rex:<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores">414</td><td class="yspscores">764</td><td class="yspscores">54.2</td><td class="yspscores">4996</td><td class="yspscores">185.0</td><td class="yspscores">6.5</td><td class="yspscores">28</td><td class="yspscores">32</td></tr></tbody></table>

JP:<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow1" align="right" height="16"><td class="yspscores">417</td><td class="yspscores">714</td><td class="yspscores">58.4</td><td class="yspscores">4791</td><td class="yspscores">145.2</td><td class="yspscores">6.7</td><td class="yspscores">28</td><td class="yspscores">24</td></tr></tbody></table>

It's like looking in a mirror!!!!!!!JP's got better %, better Y/A, better TD/A, far better INT/A... I guess it's all whatever you're looking to prove.

SABURZFAN
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
JP's got better %, better Y/A, better TD/A, far better INT/A... I guess it's all whatever you're looking to prove.

neither one are worth a **** so it doesn't matter.

John Doe
11-02-2007, 08:49 PM

I can understand if fans want to see Losman start because they feel it gives the team the best to win.

But starting him only to prove a point that he is average while we are in a playoff chase is unconscionable.

acehole
11-02-2007, 09:51 PM

Makes no sense to you I have no doubt.
Makes plenty of sense to those who know
what words mean. Move allong and move
on. I am tired of explaining it to you. Fine
you win....Ralph is a big spender..if his
play is great and they dont extend him it
has no meaning and no concequences....

mybills
11-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Ralph's money aside, and JP's salary is pretty cheap...

say he does finish out this year and gets us to the playoffs, and they decide to keep him next year, isn't everyone in the expert world loving Trent already? Even if they don't get to see him play for the rest of this year, they'd still love him, so wouldn't that make him more valuable to trade? Would that be an option that Ralph would go for, and at the same time be able to keep the JP/Evans duo? :idunno:

acehole
11-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Ralph's money aside, and JP's salary is pretty cheap...

say he does finish out this year and gets us to the playoffs, and they decide to keep him next year, isn't everyone in the expert world loving Trent already? Even if they don't get to see him play for the rest of this year, they'd still love him, so wouldn't that make him more valuable to trade? Would that be an option that Ralph would go for, and at the same time be able to keep the JP/Evans duo? :idunno:

I had suggested this earlier on and was flamed. Not only did I suggest this I was asking what would be your asking price for Edwards. IF JP somehow played "Exceptional" and we somehow extended him. IF Evans saw that and Somehow wanted to stay...and somehow managed to get extended also..... IF we somehow convinced somebody to give us a #1 and a #4 for Edwards....with the rest of our picks and a good off-season..the rebuilding could be over! Add to that getting back our injured guys and can make a run. We can draft another young QB and be done with it. Anybody else tired of the 10 year plan?

kernowboy
11-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Isn't it also plausible that if we get to the end of the season, and Losman has done well and we decide as a team decide he has turned to corner, especially considering the relationship with Lee Evans, that he will have his contract extended and renegotiated so his cap hit isn't $6m or so.

At 89years old, if JP gets the Bills to the playoffs or to a winning record, I think Ralph won't be so daft as to dump Losman for a comparative rookie - didn't we make that error with Bledsoe/Losman?

With a cap hit of $350,000 Edwards would still give us a perfect 2 QB combination.

If we can persuade Losman to accept a cap friendly extension, and he seems to be pretty happy to fight it out in Buffalo, and has certainly shown the right attitude, certainly to the press, there seems no need to swap Losman who has a great relationship with our No1 offensive threat, for a rookie who currently doesn't and bring in a veteran who might never have a relationship.

Surely we need to talk about continuing the intelligent building programme we have started rather than chopping and changing our key personnel again.

At this stage, Losman can win us games, whilst Edwards can simply avoid us losing games that the defence has put us in the position to win.

We need to discuss personnel changes on the coaching side. Perry Fewell has turned the corner with regarding the defense but Steve Fairchild seems to have gotten even worse. We don't need to replace either of the QBs; we need to replace the OC

mybills
11-03-2007, 09:01 AM
There's always 2 sides. Who's more valuable to the team, and who's worth more in trade value. What does Ralph care about more? The W's or the draft picks?

DynaPaul
11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
It JP doesn't light it up against Cincinnati's crappy defense tomorrow then I can see little reason to defend his play. After as many starts as he's had he should be able to rack up points against a lousy defense.

acehole
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I like this and this would be a nice story. In the end if you were lossmen would you want to stay here?
Honest question.

Isn't it also plausible that if we get to the end of the season, and Losman has done well and we decide as a team decide he has turned to corner, especially considering the relationship with Lee Evans, that he will have his contract extended and renegotiated so his cap hit isn't $6m or so.

At 89years old, if JP gets the Bills to the playoffs or to a winning record, I think Ralph won't be so daft as to dump Losman for a comparative rookie - didn't we make that error with Bledsoe/Losman?

With a cap hit of $350,000 Edwards would still give us a perfect 2 QB combination.

If we can persuade Losman to accept a cap friendly extension, and he seems to be pretty happy to fight it out in Buffalo, and has certainly shown the right attitude, certainly to the press, there seems no need to swap Losman who has a great relationship with our No1 offensive threat, for a rookie who currently doesn't and bring in a veteran who might never have a relationship.

Surely we need to talk about continuing the intelligent building programme we have started rather than chopping and changing our key personnel again.

At this stage, Losman can win us games, whilst Edwards can simply avoid us losing games that the defence has put us in the position to win.

We need to discuss personnel changes on the coaching side. Perry Fewell has turned the corner with regarding the defense but Steve Fairchild seems to have gotten even worse. We don't need to replace either of the QBs; we need to replace the OC

acehole
11-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Respectfully disagree. Anything can change at anytime. Edwards is not as good as you say and JP is not as bad. Ever consider the idea onebillsdrive is part of this kids hypemachine? They have bought into to hype themselves with Rob Johnson didnt they? Is it at all possible they would not welcome a QB hungry team to dial them up?

Back to your premise.....Pat lets face it...you cant have this both ways. You have been VERY vocal with this organizations problems/personel as you should because they are many...and then to pin the W/L record on one guy in a later post doent seem honest. I just want to know which is it? Has JP been put into the best situation to win with th O line problems and other areas you berated last year? Or is the 8-19 record on his shoulders squarly?

There is a zero point zero chance that Edwards becomes expendable.

He's a quarterback the entire Bills organization is extremely high on; and not only that-- his salary for 2008 is 350K. THere aren't many starting-quality quarterbacks in the NFL that are under a half million. In the BIlls eyes, they got a STEAL for the next few years before being forced to pay him.

I dont care if he goes back to the bench after Sunday or lights up Cinci and MIami before running into NE; JP Losman's days here are numbered.

Ralph Wilson will not, and SHOULD NOT pay a $40+ million plus extension to a QB who is 8-19 as a starter, lacks pretty much all the intangibles top QB's have, not to mention a QB in the organization pretty much the entire front office (and head coach) likes more.

shelby
11-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Odds are, Losman will want to try his luck elsewhere.
:(

Spiderweb
11-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Don't forget, Lee is keeping an eye on the way JP is being handled by our FO and so are the other players.

The time is now for the Bills to begin to win, and yet, if we stop and compare talent with the Patriots, the head of the class currently, talentwise, it just doesn't seem likely.

Winning is the only thing that may save the ship, since the message on how players will be treated by the Bills was just recently played out. I don't believe any of the Vets would side with Jauron on the QB moves he's made.

acehole
11-04-2007, 06:37 AM
The time is now for the Bills to begin to win, and yet, if we stop and compare talent with the Patriots, the head of the class currently, talentwise, it just doesn't seem likely.

Winning is the only thing that may save the ship, since the message on how players will be treated by the Bills was just recently played out. I don't believe any of the Vets would side with Jauron on the QB moves he's made.

Good pionts... We might want to go with edwards because Brady and the pats will still have 2-4 years left of there talant curve. I beilieve they designed and built this team to win in winter. So yea we have a shot down the stretch...