PDA

View Full Version : Bills/Bengals prediction thread(merged)

OpIv37
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, I have to go with the Bengals.

While our D has looked better, we've been playing some pathetic offenses. The Bengals have some offensive firepower and will score points. And don't count out Rudi Johnson- our run D is still suspect.

The Bengals have a pretty sorry D, but our O is just so out of synch. Look at the last two games to see what happens when bad O's meet bad D's- the D's usually win out. With JP in the line up we'll have the big play back, but that's assuming Fairchild and Jauron actually have the stones to call it.

Long story short, we'll score a few points but Jauron's conservative style doesn't lend itself to a shootout and we probably won't be able to keep up.

Bengals 24, Bills 14

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
38-20 Bungals

Season high in scoring for Bills' O.

Tack on whatever the D/STs gets.

Ocho Cinco career day

Mr. Pink
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I think this is a game we can legitimately win. And I hate being optimistic week after week....

The Bungles defense is absolutely god awful embarassing. They make our D look like the 85 Bears in comparison. Yes, they're really that bad.

Look for Lynch to get his first 100 yard game as pro in this one and a couple TDs. Like I said, I'm highly optimistic this week.

Losman will have his normal day at the office...12-18 for 200 yards 1 td 1 int...TD coming on a long play to Evans.

Cincy's offense will put up some points on us but not enough to compensate for their defense.

Bills 27 Bungles 23

DraftBoy
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Cin 35 Buf 28

OpIv37
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I know the Bengals' D is bad, but we haven't scored more than 19 all year.

gr8slayer
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Picking against the Bills has been working the past few weeks so why change now......

Bengals 31
Bills 17

gr8slayer
11-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I know the Bengals' D is bad, but we haven't scored more than 19 all year.
Yeah, and we can't seem to get throwing TD's figured out.

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
In Buffalo? Bills could win 24-21.

Counting on you 12th men!!!

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Cincy's offense will put up some points on us but not enough to compensate for their defense.

Bills 27 Bungles 23

Huh?

And what's going to compensate our defense?

I know that some of y'all seem to think that our D is good simply because we held three anemic offensive teams to reasonable totals, but Cincy is a top-10 offense that matches up extremely well for them.

Who on our team is going to match up with CJ and Housh? Forget about their play action game or running game. I just don't see it happening.

Sure, their D is horrible, but so is the Jets and all we could manage there offensively, is an average of 15 points.

20 for us is generous home or not.

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 09:02 AM
In Buffalo? Bills could win 24-21.

Counting on you 12th men!!!

Sure, Bills could win 50-3. Bengals could win 50-3 too.

12th man has done all that it can this year. Frankly if not for the 12th man several home games would have had much worse results. Our 12th man has been the only reliable portion of our game.

I.e., hats off and kudos to y'all, the 12th man!!!

Mitchy moo
11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Plan on the Bills winning 28-7. Our D plays real hard and ML just runs all over them and scores 2 TD's himself and eats up all the clock. By the time Cinci offense gets out there, their cold and relaxed.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Huh?

I know that some of y'all seem to think that our D is good simply because we held three anemic offensive teams to reasonable totals, but Cincy is a top-10 offense that matches up extremely well for them.

Who on our team is going to match up with CJ and Housh? Forget about their play action game or running game. I just don't see it happening.

Sure, their D is horrible, but so is the Jets and all we could manage there offensively, is an average of 15 points.

We'll go with a conservative gameplan that centers around Lynch running the ball. Cincy can't stop the run worth crap. Lynch will eat up yards and time off the clock. Keeping the Cincy offense off the field.

JP will throw his obligatory long ball and connect on after the safeties are playing up to stop the running game that's doing anything it wants.

Cincy really hasn't ran the ball all that well this year be it Rudi or Watson. And Palmer has been prone to throw the inopportune pick this year. Which plays directly into our defense. Lately we've been coming up with the big INT on defense. Cincy will rack up yards don't get me wrong but I don't think they'll be able to put TDs in the redzone. Hence why in my score prediction they're kicking 3 FGs. Both teams are gonna score about 5 times out of 9 possessions...we'll just get one more TD than them and that'll be the difference.

I told you, I'm actually being optimistic this week!

gr8slayer
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Huh?

Greer can take anyone in the league.

Dude
11-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Bills 21
Bengals 17

I'm having trouble making this pick and honestly, I think you could switch the team names. Based upon what I've seen of the Bengals this year, I don't see them coming into Buffalo and blowing the Bills up. The Bengals haven't won on the road all year. The coaching staff is on the brink of losing the team for the season. When the Bengals get behind, they lose confidence - fast, especially if "Ocho Cinco" starts pouting. Their defense is terrible. They make average QBs look like all-stars.

BUT - if they get off to a fast start, they can be dangerous. I think with the Bengals it's all about confidence. If the Bills can avoid the stupid mistakes and put points on the board right away, I think they will be able to hold on for the win.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Just to be factual, the Bills defense also held Dallas to a reasonable total and actually has held every team played to reasonable totals, including Denver too.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2007, 09:21 AM
BTW, 27-24 Good guys.

Maybe even some OT action.

OpIv37
11-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Plan on the Bills winning 28-7. Our D plays real hard and ML just runs all over them and scores 2 TD's himself and eats up all the clock. By the time Cinci offense gets out there, their cold and relaxed.

no way we hold the Bengals' offense to 7. We couldn't hold Baltimore to 7 and they're a much worse offensive team.

Mahdi
11-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Bills 34-24

We have played this same offense before and came out on top. You can argue that our D is even better than when we played Cinci last time and their offense is worse slightly. They are missing All-pro Willie Anderson for this game as well and they also lost Steinbach who anchored their run game.

That being said they will still put up points, however I think we come up with a turnover or 2. I see a strip of Palmer and a fumble.

Another factor that plays in Buffalo's favour is that we are finally playing a 4-3 team so the run blocking assignments will be more obvious as will the holes Marshawn has to pick. This is definitely the week our run game gets going behind Peters and Dockery. The Bengals have allowed 3 40+ yard runs and 11 20+ yard runs so far which is the worst in the league. To top it off they are hurting in the middle of their D with Anthony Shlegel who was cut by the Jets starting at MLB this week in place of Ahmad Brooks and John Thornton limited in practice with a neck injury.

I also see Parrish and Reed having big days against a weak secondary and a depleted LB corps that cant cover.

With all that said not any of it will make the slightest difference if we cant challenge the Bengals in the intermediate and deep zones with our passing game. I dont care how bad you are if you stack 8 or 9 guys in the box evey play no one will run on you.

The outcome of this game will depend on JP's arm not Marshawn's legs.

Philagape
11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Bengals, 31-27

Two TDs each for Rudi and Housh
JP throws two TDs but turns it over late
Lynch looks great, one TD, but Bills don't use him enough in second half

Ed
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Just to be factual, the Bills defense also held Dallas to a reasonable total and actually has held every team played to reasonable totals, including Denver too.
I was gonna say, I thought our D was flat out awesome against a pretty good Dallas O.

I don't even look at the NE game either since they've flat out destroyed everybody.

As for the Pitt game, it was right after the Everett injury and I remember Crowell being quoted as saying it was hard not to play timid or be aggressive in that game.

I'm not expecting to shut Cincy down, but there's no reason to think they're just gonna roll over us.

bigbub2352
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
24-17 Cinn, when it comes down to it, i think DJ will be outcoached and out offense will be too conservative, I hope i am wrong

Don't Panic
11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I share the sentiments of most... they may be 2-5, but their offese is for real. Pressure Palmer or prepare for a long day Bills D. Cin 27, Buf 16

Wys Guy
11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
We'll go with a conservative gameplan that centers around Lynch running the ball. Cincy can't stop the run worth crap. Lynch will eat up yards and time off the clock. Keeping the Cincy offense off the field.

JP will throw his obligatory long ball and connect on after the safeties are playing up to stop the running game that's doing anything it wants.

Cincy really hasn't ran the ball all that well this year be it Rudi or Watson. And Palmer has been prone to throw the inopportune pick this year. Which plays directly into our defense. Lately we've been coming up with the big INT on defense. Cincy will rack up yards don't get me wrong but I don't think they'll be able to put TDs in the redzone. Hence why in my score prediction they're kicking 3 FGs. Both teams are gonna score about 5 times out of 9 possessions...we'll just get one more TD than them and that'll be the difference.

I told you, I'm actually being optimistic this week!

That's fair!

I just think that Cincy's due and have their backs to the wall more than we do. Perhaps I'm thinking to that Cleveland game given that our D is not much better if better at all.

We'll see. If there's one thing that the Bills have proven, it's that they are certainly unpredictable, at least in terms of outcome. By that I mean that they are predictable otherwise in terms of general performance. But we often seem to manage to grab a hold of the benefits of unusual circumstances for wins.

I still say that both Housh and CJ will be over 100 yards too meaning likely at least 20-some points. I simply don't think we can hang offensively.

It will be a good gauge for Edwards. If he can't do much here, well, I dare say that the luster will be off that rookie faster than you can shake a stick.

As to Lynch, perhaps this will be his first 100-yard game and first game since opening week that he averages in the 4.x ypc range. On the other hand I expect Watson to have a big week too.

Evans has the potential to have a good day too depending on Edwards' arm and the play calling.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Edwards is not playing.

chubluv
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
The score will be 45-38.
The winner will be who ever has the ball last and scores the last second TD.

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Bengals 35, Bills 24

BAM
11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Buffalos 30 Benglas 29

Lindell reverses recent fate and kicks a 52 yard FG as time expires!

The Bills are at 0.500 and in the playoff hunt at the midpoint!

baalworship
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Bills 23 Bengals 13

The last buffalo fan
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Bufalos 30 Bengalies 29

:up:

HHURRICANE
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I'll be rooting for Losman and the Bills but I hate this game. The Bengals are better than their record and I just don't see them coming out and playing conservatively.

Bengals 31
Bills 17

shelby
11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
This game scares me. But i think it's winnable.

Bills 24, Bungles 17. JP, Lynch, and Evans have a great day, and our D does a great job.
:gobills:

TacklingDummy
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM
31-10 or 31/13

shelby
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Edwards is not playing.
:rofl:

Mitchy moo
11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
31-10 or 31/13

Looking at Fat Tony's palace, you think the Bengals have us licked. I think your assuming the Bengals can win on the road (which they haven't yet), I think they cannot. We're playing a 2-5 team at our house, think about it.

Mitchy moo
11-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Novacek's pick:

Bengals (2-5) at Bills (3-4)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/SPORTS/LOGOS/NFL/Helmets/AFC_Bengals.jpghttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/SPORTS/LOGOS/NFL/Helmets/AFC_Bills.jpgThe Bengals are a team in disarray right now. They don’t believe in each other. The defense is struggling, and the offense isn’t in synch. Plus, the coaches and players don’t seem to be on the same page.
The Bills are playing particularly well on defense – they’re for real. They’re poised to make some noise, and if they can force turnovers against the struggling Bengals offense, they’ll win. Pick: Bills.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3690072/?pg=11#spt_novacek_07

dannyek71
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
cincy 21-3

Meathead
11-02-2007, 07:15 PM
and please no fake injuries

HAMMER
11-02-2007, 08:40 PM
My god, I can't believe I'm on a Bills board with all these Bengal Backers.
Bills 24-17

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2007, 08:53 PM
My god, I can't believe I'm on a Bills board with all these Bengal Backers.
Bills 24-17
I prefer to expect a loss and be pleasantly surprised than to get my hopes up and have them dashed (as Buffalo does oh-so-well)

John Doe
11-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Bills.

20-19

BillsOverDolphins
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Bills.

20-19

i hate that score...

shelby
11-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Bills 24-17 beeeeyotch!

mybills
11-03-2007, 08:06 AM
and please no fake injuries
:rofl:

Michael82
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Bills 31-20

:couch:

Michael82
11-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Bills WIN! 31-20

MTBillsFan
11-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Da Bills 27
Kittens 21

Marshawn 125 and 2 TD's!!! BEAST MODE!!

Meathead
11-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Sandwich Productions® does not endorse having its thread merged

expect a call from our jewish lawyers ripem, hyman & shredsberg who wont leave a scrap of meat on your bones

YardRat
11-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Sandwich Productions® does not endorse having its thread merged

expect a call from our jewish lawyers ripem, hyman & shredsberg who wont leave a scrap of meat on your bones

Why did you can Dewey, Cheatam & Howe?

Meathead
11-03-2007, 03:32 PM
oh god i love the stooges

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Bufftp, Mikey and YardRat?

YardRat
11-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Dr Lecter, Ru Paul, and Richard Simmons?

Michael82
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Bills WIN! 31-20

:shocked:

:dance:

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Only 5 people got the poll right.

Ed
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I was one of them! :dance:

Michael82
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
And I almost hit the score on the head! :D

Mr. Pink
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey I was the first to predict a Bills win in the thread...and I nailed the fact that Cincy can't stop the run, Marshawn's first 100 yard rushing of his career...and the fact they can't worth a damn...28 yards for the day.

I bow now...thank you, thank you.