PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks JP should remain our starter?

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Let's here it because I'm shocked that people didn't see the same game I did.

I thought JP was going to have a huge game today. Instead he was worse than I could have ever imagined. There is no doubt that a healthy Edwards would have played better today.

As Pat pointed, out I'm 100% sure that JP starts this Sunday but who really thinks this guy should remain as the starter?

I want to know now.

historypete
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I think we get trounced not matter who the QB is for a number of reasons, but that isn't the question.

I really don't care who starts. JP was horrible today, especially in the 1st half. That underthrown pass to Evans was infuriating. But he show some moxy in the second half and 4th Quarter by completing 6 out of 7 passes. It would be interesting to see what people would say had he not throw such a piss poor ball to Evans, and had Gaines caught that ball.

I would't be against seeing Trent start. I like his composure and short to medium passing game. I would like to see the gameplan call for a more open and aggressive attack but that won't happen. I think Trent would do very well in that type of offense but Fairchild isn't creative enough to implement it.

I would say then, if Trent is the long-term guy, you play him. He needs the experience and we have to see what he can do against a superior opponent. Regardless though, whoever plays JP or Trent I'll support them and hope that they are given a workable offensive gameplan.

justasportsfan
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
There is no doubt that a healthy Edwards would have played better today.

why couldn't he do it against the crappy jets?

YardRat
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm out of the 'Which QB Should Start' business. Let DJ make the call, and I'll root for whoever suits up on Sunday.

deepslant
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Its the Pats. Either qb will get roasted so let the vet take the snaps. Prove "he's the guy."

justasportsfan
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm out of the 'Which QB Should Start' business. Let DJ make the call, and I'll root for whoever suits up on Sunday.
this is what kills me. If it was a Dick call , I would trust it. But it smells like prune juice which means Ralphy has something to do with it, and history shows, Ralphy stinks.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Its the Pats. Either qb will get roasted so let the vet take the snaps. Prove "he's the guy."

I understand this logic but this team is 5-4 and I would like to beat the Pats.

It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week. But after today I can't believe that JP is still the starter.

Turf
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately Ralph may be the only one with the balls and sense to start Edwards. Scary.

YardRat
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
this is what kills me. If it was a Dick call , I would trust it. But it smells like prune juice which means Ralphy has something to do with it, and history shows, Ralphy stinks.

I'm thinking if Ralph really did have anything to do with it Edward's would've started the second half today.

historypete
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week.

I think this is exactly how things are going to play out. Because if JP craps the bed against NE, which is a more likely senario than not, it is easy for them to return to Edwards. If JP plays lights-out then they can stick with him and his postseason value escalates. This works out real well for Edwards for a number of reasons. One, he gets another week to heal up. Two he is not thrown to the wolves on Sunday night football against a team we haven't been compedative against since opening day 2004. Three, if JP plays like garbage then everyone (fans and Management on a different level) will clamor for him to come back in and he will be in everyone's good graces.

Don't get me wrong. I like Edwards a lot. I think he will be a very good QB, but this is a week where JP will be left out to hang I think.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm done with losman. Done.

I'd take the short trainer guy at this point

justasportsfan
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking if Ralph really did have anything to do with it Edward's would've started the second half today.
I don't think Edwards is 100% but I'm sure Ralphy wanted to call the fins and tell them what the next plays were so JP can look worse in the 4th qtr.. Too bad we won. Ralph is probably pissed off at Fewell.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't think Edwards is 100% .

I agree but I think Jauron wouldn't have pulled JP anyways.

justasportsfan
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I agree but I think Jauron wouldn't have pulled JP anyways.
I don't think he would either. At least we agree on something.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
It's safe for the coaching staff to play JP. If we get creamed they can blame JP and put Trent in the following week.

I think this is exactly how things are going to play out. Because if JP craps the bed against NE, which is a more likely senario than not, it is easy for them to return to Edwards. If JP plays lights-out then they can stick with him and his postseason value escalates. This works out real well for Edwards for a number of reasons. One, he gets another week to heal up. Two he is not thrown to the wolves on Sunday night football against a team we haven't been compedative against since opening day 2004. Three, if JP plays like garbage then everyone (fans and Management on a different level) will clamor for him to come back in and he will be in everyone's good graces.

Don't get me wrong. I like Edwards a lot. I think he will be a very good QB, but this is a week where JP will be left out to hang I think.

Great post but you killed my thread.

It's just sad that we have to go down this road. I think we have a 5% chance of winning with Edwards and a 0% with Losman.

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Didn't mean to kill your thread.

HHURRICANE
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Didn't mean to kill your thread.

Great post, not your fault.

Cntrygal
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't think this thread is "killed"! I think it has turned out to be a great DISCUSSION!!!! :faint:

;)

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:06 PM
It's just sad that we have to go down this road. I think we have a 5% chance of winning with Edwards and a 0% with Losman

H. I do agree that going down this road is sad. I'm tired of posting about the same topic every week, but with Fairchild running the offense I'd knock Edwards' chances down to 1.5% and JP stays at 0%.

It is painfully obvious I think that guy is a tool and I feel bad for saying that because it is an insult to tools.

TheBrownBear
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
JP lost me for good today. That was as bad a performance from a qb as I can remember in a long time. Looked like Rob Johnson's Greatest Misses out there today. All that time to throw and he just stood back there shuffling his feet and patting the ball. Get rid of the damn ball and give your guys a chance to make a play. At least Edwards, despite his faults, understands that basic philosophy.

Turf
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't know how the players could even back JP at this point.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't know how the players could even back JP at this point.

Evans will

Mr. My Personal Stats himself

historypete
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
That was probably the most frustrating thing to me today, was that he had time but didn't get rid of the ball.

Now, Miami was dropping 7 into coverage so there wasn't probably a lot of places to go with the ball, and from what Tasker was saying in the 1st half most of the recievers were running vertical routes which decreases the ability to find and open reciever.

With that said, JP should have took off running, but instead he sat there expecting someone to come open and it wasn't happening. He needs to take off and run for yards in situations like that. Another thing I noticed is that he wasn't checking down in the 1st half today, like he was last week. He needs to look for Marshawn in the flat more because he was open on a number of plays today.

Oaf
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Get rid of the damn ball and give your guys a chance to make a play.

The problem is when your guys are Evans, Reed, Gaines, Kirk Chambers, Neufeld, and Lynch. :puke:

TheBrownBear
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
The problem is when your guys are Evans, Reed, Gaines, Kirk Chambers, Neufeld, and Lynch. :puke:

Reed and Gaines did a fine job of making plays when Edwards was getting them the ball.

Cntrygal
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
That was probably the most frustrating thing to me today, was that he had time but didn't get rid of the ball.

How long has it been since THAT has been the most frustrating thing about this team????? lol (laughing because it's so sad lol)

Philagape
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I voted to keep him in because I don't think either will make a difference, and that being equal, JP has to ride out his chance. Trent's looked good for a rookie, but the offense has bogged down with him in too. With all other factors equal, go with the veteran. They've both had such similar seasons.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
You guys are just plain JP haters.
JP didn't play well, but we won. You want him out!
Trent didn't play well, but we won, and you're in love.
I think Losman should remain the starter. To answer the thread.

njsue
11-11-2007, 10:13 PM
JP had plenty of opportunities to blow the game wide open. Instead he did his usual crap. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

IMO I think JP blew it as far as keeping his job.

Trent Edwards should be handed the ball from this point on.

Don't forget to vote daily.

http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVote.aspx

Tatonka
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
trent doesnt score points.. i will take jp.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 10:26 PM
JP had plenty of opportunities to blow the game wide open. Instead he did his usual crap. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

IMO I think JP blew it as far as keeping his job.

Trent Edwards should be handed the ball from this point on.

Don't forget to vote daily.

what has Trent done, to be handed the ball?

Philagape
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
trent doesnt score points.. i will take jp.

JP hasn't "scored" either except against the Bengals. He tanked the first two games, and then Evans turned his pick into a TD vs. Jets. In terms of complete games in which the offense moved the ball well (relatively) and the Bills won, it's Trent 2, JP 1.

Kenny
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
JP hasn't "scored" either except against the Bengals. He tanked the first two games, and then Evans turned his pick into a TD vs. Jets. In terms of complete games in which the offense moved the ball well (relatively) and the Bills won, it's Trent 2, JP 1.

JP can put up more points than TE... it's just the nature of how JP plays. Problem is, we never know which JP will show up.

Here's the thing though, -do you really think we're going to be able to beat the Pats scoring only 3 points? Do you think dinking and dunking the ball for 3 and 5 yarders will cut it next Sunday?

Lets face it... our defense has played great lately, -but they're not going to be able to stop Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, etc... We need JP to start next game, and every game this season so long as we're in the race.

Is JP the future of the Bills? Probably not, -but so long as we're in the hunt for that wild card, JP has to be the guy.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
JP hasn't "scored" either except against the Bengals.

He tanked the first two games, and then Evans turned his pick into a TD vs. Jets. In terms of complete games in which the offense moved the ball well (relatively) and the Bills won, it's Trent 2, JP 1.

(hasn't scored/except against the bengals) HELLO!!!
AND against the jets. again, HELLO!!!
And Trent, he did get one in 4 games, and a great ball mover :idunno:
Philagape stats= :headscrat

Philagape
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
JP can put up more points than TE... it's just the nature of how JP plays. Problem is, we never know which JP will show up.

Here's the thing though, -do you really think we're going to be able to beat the Pats scoring only 3 points? Do you think dinking and dunking the ball for 3 and 5 yarders will cut it next Sunday?

Anyone who looks at the facts will see the idea that Trent is nothing but dink and dunk is a MYTH. He's good at the medium throws too, better than JP. He and JP both have one completed bomb, both underthrown. Miami certainly didn't respect the pass today either.
We're not going to beat the Pats with crazy panicking, bad accuracy and 3-and-outs either. We're not going to be able to beat the Pats, period.

Lets face it... our defense has played great lately, -but they're not going to be able to stop Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, etc... We need JP to start next game, and every game this season so long as we're in the race.

Is JP the future of the Bills? Probably not, -but so long as we're in the hunt for that wild card, JP has to be the guy.

I've already said, start JP next week.

acehole
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Wait wait wait. When Trend Edwards was stinking up the place and getting W's all you poeple said was all we have to do is win he is just a winner. Alot of qb's stink up the place..incuding P Rivers tonight they are not talking about pulling him. Our Defense tonight can not stop the run. If you people think we put in Trend Edwards at QB against the Pats gives us a better chance to win you are out of your minds.

I thought JP was going to have a huge game today. Instead he was worse than I could have ever imagined. There is no doubt that a healthy Edwards would have played better today.

As Pat pointed, out I'm 100% sure that JP starts this Sunday but who really thinks this guy should remain as the starter?

I want to know now.

njsue
11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
JP makes bad decisions.

im4bflo
11-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Wait wait wait. When Trend Edwards was stinking up the place and getting W's all you poeple said was all we have to do is win he is just a winner. Alot of qb's stink up the place..incuding P Rivers tonight they are not talking about pulling him. Our Defense tonight can not stop the run. If you people think we put in Trend Edwards at QB against the Pats gives us a better chance to win you are out of your minds.

:bf1:

OpIv37
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM

I want to know now.

JP was flat out awful for most of the game today. He did make some plays when it counted but for the most part it was a pathetic performance. Both the sacks were completely his fault.

The problem is we're playing the Pats. Does Edwards REALLY give us a better chance to win?

The case for JP is that he won two games in a row on his own and finished off the Jets game, plus Edwards isn't likely to do any better against the Pats. The case against him is that despite the win, he was awful to day and his only solid performances thus far this season were the Bengals game and the end of the second Jets game.

Choose your poison.

Philagape
11-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Trent's stink-to-good ratio is the same as JP's.

Michael82
11-12-2007, 01:05 AM
:wave:

Michael82
11-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Good post! :clap:

Ebenezer
11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't care who plays as long as they win...

That being said, today proved that JP is not the long term option here. TE may not be much better yet but he is at the same level of JP only after 3 starts...more upside, less money.

Night Train
11-12-2007, 04:25 AM
JP probably gave Ralph and the Coaching staff every reason to make a switch.

Still, viewing Capt. Checkoff Cement Feet Edwards as a major improvement is a stretch of major proportions. I hope this team finds a Vet for 2008, if Losman is sent packing.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 05:20 AM
I think as long as we are in the hunt the vet should start. If we are out and Jp insnt looking good then get him out and let Edwards learn on the job. But Edwards hasnt shown that he can win the game alone either so go with the Vet.

Bufftp
11-12-2007, 05:47 AM
:bf1:

Typ0
11-12-2007, 06:33 AM
as long as JP is our QB this team is going no where. So let's get him the hell out of here.

mybills
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Neither one of them gives us anything to brag about. :shakeno:

JP this year
TE next

Or hopefully a BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM QB NEXT YEAR.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Exactly MyBills :clap:

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 06:49 AM
I don't even care anymore, hopefully next season we'll draft a real QB in the first round and we can hopefully get rid of both bums.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
This thread is a dumbass.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 07:33 AM

See, this thread was going well until this post.

I think Trent is the better QB however I was very excited about JP starting against the Dolphins because he has normally played very well against them.

I convinced a co-worker to pick JP up in his fantasy league because of his career performance against the Dolphins.

This isn't about hate. JP has had every opportunity to perform.

When people try to compare JP and Trent just remember that Trent is able to move the chains.

At one point in the game the time of possession was 31 min. to 13 min. You will not win many games like this and I can blame JP for 90% of the offensive woes yesterday.

Call it hate but the reality is that JP is a bad QB. This is coming from a guy that was a big supporter of his.

Be objective.

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 07:35 AM
why couldn't he do it against the crappy jets?
For the same reasons that JP couldn't do it against the crappy fish.;)

mchurchfie
11-12-2007, 07:40 AM
It was very apparent that Fairchild got his ass handed to him with his playcalling against Capers yesterday. However, up until the 4th quarter JP blew any little opprtunity that did come his way. He didn't have a clue, not very comforting considering he is a fourth year player.

Jan Reimers
11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
JP is wildly inconsistent, has no awareness in the pocket, fails to make quick reads, holds the ball too long, and generally is unable to properly manage our offense.

But he is athletic, mobile, strong -armed and capable of making the big play at any time.

He gives us the best chance of winning against the really good teams like New England, and the best chance of sucking bigtime against the Miami's of the world.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 07:43 AM
He gives us the best chance of winning against the really good teams like New England, and the best chance of sucking bigtime against the Miami's of the world.

or vice versa, as his career history suggests

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
JP is wildly inconsistent, has no awareness in the pocket, fails to make quick reads, holds the ball too long, and generally is unable to properly manage our offense.

But he is athletic, mobile, strong -armed and capable of making the big play at any time.

Thanks for the post.

I think you beat the Pats by keeping their offense off of the field. Does anyone think JP can really run a ball control offense?

The "big play" philosphy is not going to work against the Pats. Ball control, which Edwards is cleary better at, will.

This is just my opinion of course.

Jan Reimers
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
I don't think we can control the ball enough under any circumstances to keep Brady and Company from hanging a bunch of points on us. We are going to have to score, and I just don't see Trent "3 Point" Edwards (remember what he got us in both the Dallas and second Jets games) being able to put up enough points.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't think we can control the ball enough under any circumstances to keep Brady and Company from hanging a bunch of points on us. We are going to have to score, and I just don't see Trent "3 Point" Edwards (remember what he got us in both the Dallas and second Jets games) being able to put up enough points.

I'm not sure that Edwards=low point totals. The kid is a rookie and just hasn't seen enough of the field to operate the entire gameplan. I think he can score points but he's only had 3 games, which isn't alot.

Just because I believe this is a non-issue doesn't mean that it isn't. I just know that we have no chance with JP.

Tatonka
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
none of this matters..

jp WILL start.. because if he doesnt start.. Jauron will lose the team.. the team wants jp in there.. he is their captain and leader. period.

There is no way DJ takes JP out on a 3 game win streak.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm all for it, let's throw Edwards to the wolves and make it one TD every six games he plays.

FlyingDutchman
11-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Edwards BETTER start for us to have a chance. I dont care if Edwards just moves the chains and doesnt put up crazy long balls and points. We need ball control. If we go 3 and out 4 times in a row like we did yesterday, we will be down 28-0 before Im done with my first beer.

Kenny
11-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure that Edwards=low point totals. The kid is a rookie and just hasn't seen enough of the field to operate the entire gameplan. I think he can score points but he's only had 3 games, which isn't alot.

Just because I believe this is a non-issue doesn't mean that it isn't. I just know that we have no chance with JP.

That's just the thing... we both agree that the Edwards right now cant do much with the offense. 3points is not going to cut it.
In time, and with more experience, he may turn out to be a good QB, -but right now isnt it.
Throwing TE in there right now guarantees that we dont score many (if any) points.

At least with JP we get the Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde scenario. Lets just hope that when JP starts next Sunday, the right persona comes out.

acehole
11-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Not only that plenty of blame to go around here on this game.this whole team came out flat. Credit to miami puting so many guys in pass deffense. Those sacks JP got were mostly coverage sacks. We could not stop Cleo Lemon? Lots of dropped passes. JP thew some bad throws. Most of you trendies.....will set the bar at beating the pats which is ridiculus. Payton Manning could do it at his job is safe. JP did not have a good game.....what other bill shinned Sunday?

none of this matters..

jp WILL start.. because if he doesnt start.. Jauron will lose the team.. the team wants jp in there.. he is their captain and leader. period.

Typ0
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
if TE can manage a TD he's be providing more points than JP does. Some of you folks talk like Lossman's offense is putting up 40 a game. Five field goals is better than one TD and one FG anyway!

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 08:56 AM
if TE can manage a TD he's be providing more points than JP does. Some of you folks talk like Lossman's offense is putting up 40 a game. Five field goals is better than one TD and one FG anyway!
Nobody is arguing with you. I would love to see Edwards go out there against the Pats, it would be funny as hell, like watching a pee-wee QB against an NFL team.

BTW the ST's kick the FG's not Jesus in Cleats Trent Edwards.

Michael82
11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
none of this matters..

Exactly! Another great post! Don't forget how this team played for JP all the way thru. They never gave up and he rewarded them by helping drive the offense downfield for the game tying TD and then the game winning field goal, completed 6 out of 7 passes for 77 yards. :bf1:

mush69
11-12-2007, 08:58 AM
It was not even the end of the first quarter when I started screaming at the TV "GET HIM OUTTA THERE" My wife said "Honey they can't hear you"

How many Balls were thrown to the feet of the recievers, I remember one to Reed that was over the middle and would have moved the chains, that really pissed me off. It was a 15 yard pass! Instead on comes the punt squad.

Our only hope this next week is that New England comes out flat from the bye week. I also would like to entertain the idea that they look passed us and think about the Steelers. I know that may be a little bit of a pipe dream, but in all reality we did this week with the Fish. Our offense was not prepared for the for the game this week.

Typ0
Not only that plenty of blame to go around here on this game.this whole team came out flat. Credit to miami puting so many guys in pass deffense. Those sacks JP got were mostly coverage sacks. We could not stop Cleo Lemon? Lost of dropped passes. JP thew some bad throws. Most of you trendies.....will set the bar at beating the pats which is ridiculus. Payton Manning could do it at his job is safe. JP did not have a good game.....what other bill shinned Sunday?

JP does not get a pass because he's playing against the PATS. That's when we need a QB to perform at his best not make excuses about why he played bad...and what is his excuse against the fins? Face it, JP Lossman is another Donohoe failure that's destroyed our drafts and subsequently our team.

Michael82
Nobody is arguing with you. I would love to see Edwards go out there against the Pats, it would be funny as hell, like watching a pee-wee QB against an NFL team.

kinda like his first game, AFTER they analyzed how he plays and clamped down on him.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
JP does not get a pass because he's playing against the PATS. That's when we need a QB to perform at his best not make excuses about why he played bad...and what is his excuse against the fins? Face it, JP Lossman is another Donohoe failure that's destroyed our drafts and subsequently our team.
:lmao: Yeah Edwards! Let's make it one TD every six games.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
kinda like his first game, AFTER they analyzed how he plays and clamped down on him.
Trent Edwards is a QB god, the list goes like this:

1. Trent Edwards
2. God
3. Tom Brady
4. Tedy Bruschi
5. Peyton Manning

In that order.

SquishDaFish
Exactly Mikey

Typ0

no kidding but they need to offense to actually get some first downs and move the ball down where they can kick it. That doesnt happen when you fail to gain five yards on a whole set of downs.

Typ0
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
It was not even the end of the first quarter when I started screaming at the TV "GET HIM OUTTA THERE" My wife said "Honey they can't hear you"

How many Balls were thrown to the feet of the recievers, I remember one to Reed that was over the middle and would have moved the chains, that really pissed me off. It was a 15 yard pass! Instead on comes the punt squad.

Our only hope this next week is that New England comes out flat from the bye week. I also would like to entertain the idea that they look passed us and think about the Steelers. I know that may be a little bit of a pipe dream, but in all reality we did this week with the Fish. Our offense was not prepared for the for the game this week.

that is exactly what JP is as far as passing goes. He sucks. We've seen what we have in him and it isn't much.

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
no kidding but they need to offense to actually get some first downs and move the ball down where they can kick it. That doesnt happen when you fail to gain five yards on a whole set of downs.
Why is it you feel the need to choose one QB or the other? We have the longest winning streak (after the Pats) in the league. What ever the **** Jauron is doing is working, if he thinks Losman should start then GOOD! If he thinks Edwards is the guy, GOOD! If he thinks Peters is the guy, GOOD!

We ****ing won and we are ****ing winning so just STFU and ****ing enjoy it!

That is all...........

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 09:06 AM
JP does not get a pass because he's playing against the PATS. That's when we need a QB to perform at his best not make excuses about why he played bad...and what is his excuse against the fins? Face it, JP Losman is another Donohoe failure that's destroyed our drafts and subsequently our team.

:crazy: :yap: :coocoo:

SquishDaFish
11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Why is it you feel the need to choose one QB or the other? We have the longest winning streak (after the Pats) in the league. What ever the **** Jauron is doing is working, if he thinks Losman should start then GOOD! If he thinks Edwards is the guy, GOOD! If he thinks Peters is the guy, GOOD!

We ****ing won and we are ****ing winning so just STFU and ****ing enjoy it!

That is all...........

:clap: :clap: :clap:

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
For the same reasons that JP couldn't do it against the crappy fish.;)
Trent couldn't handle the jets but JP closed it out for him which leads me to believe that Trent would've been worse against the fish. ;)

acehole
11-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Dont have to face a thing.

JP beat the fins. End of that debate.

No QB including P Manning was able to beat the Pats. End of that Debate.

Jp still give us a better chance then Trend Edwards this Sunday. End of that Debate.

If we are going to beat the Pats we will need good play from the whole team not just QB. End of that debate.

Yawn.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
JP does not get a pass because he's playing against the PATS. .
this I agree with completely.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Edwards BETTER start for us to have a chance. I dont care if Edwards just moves the chains and doesnt put up crazy long balls and points. We need ball control. If we go 3 and out 4 times in a row like we did yesterday, we will be down 28-0 before Im done with my first beer.

You get it where no one else does. People want to ignore the fact that the only way to possibly win/stay in this game is to keep the Pats O off the field.

People want to make this into an Edwards debate.

The fact is that Edwards has proven that he can convert third downs. JP hasn't and yesterday was a prime example of why we are dead on Sunday if he starts.

This is the reality of the situation. Nobody can actually explain why JP would win us the game just that "Edwards" sucks.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
You get it where no one else does. People want to ignore the fact that the only way to possibly win/stay in this game is to keep the Pats O off the field.

The fact is that Edwards has proven that he can convert third downs. .

He sure didn't do it against the jets, did he? That crappy D exposed his being a rookie.

If you havent figured it out yet, Trents nos. has been going down as the season progressed. Thats a FACT!!!!

Kenny
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
To be fair, I just checked the stats on NFL.com, and the Dolphin's defense aint that bad... 9th overall against the pass, and 20th overall defense.
To be 9th against the pass and yet be in the bottom overall, -their rushing defense must pretty much stink (and though Im not blaming our running game cause it won us the game yesterday, -it's not fair to put all the blame on JP).

Im also not going to try and make an excuse, -but for all you guys that are saying Miami sucks, this and that... Well, -they do... but it's their offense that sucks, -there defense is pretty decent.

Just for comparison sake, here's how other QBs have fared:

Eli Manning: 8/22 59 yards passing 44.9 rating
Brady: 21/25 354yds 6tds/0ints
Derek Anderson: 18/25 245yds 3tds
Matt Schaub: 20/34 294yds 1INT 0TDs
Culpepper: 5/12 75yds 2tds 0ints
Pennington: 15/22 124 yds 2tds 0ints
Romo: 14/29 186yds 2tds/0ints
Campbell: 12/21 222yds 0tds/2ints

HHURRICANE
11-12-2007, 01:51 PM
To be fair, I just checked the stats on NFL.com, and the Dolphin's defense aint that bad... 9th overall against the pass, and 20th overall defense.
To be 9th against the pass and yet be in the bottom overall, -their rushing defense must pretty much stink (and though Im not blaming our running game cause it won us the game yesterday, -it's not fair to put all the blame on JP).

Im also not going to try and make an excuse, -but for all you guys that are saying Miami sucks, this and that... Well, -they do... but it's their offense that sucks, -there defense is pretty decent.

Just for comparison sake, here's how other QBs have fared:

Eli Manning: 8/22 59 yards passing 44.9 rating
Brady: 21/25 354yds 6tds/0ints
Derek Anderson: 18/25 245yds 3tds
Matt Schaub: 20/34 294yds 1INT 0TDs
Culpepper: 5/12 75yds 2tds 0ints
Pennington: 15/22 124 yds 2tds 0ints
Romo: 14/29 186yds 2tds/0ints
Campbell: 12/21 222yds 0tds/2ints

JP would be second worst on this list, so what are you telling us?

Philagape
11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
9th overall against the pass

This is the same misunderstanding people had about the Broncos earlier. The Fins are 9th (and the Broncos were first for a while) because nobody had to pass against them. Coming into Sunday, the Fins were dead last in pass attempts against. Their yards allowed per pass was 8.0, which is third-worst in the league.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Miamis D is ranked higher than the jets. So those who think that Trent could've done better than 3 points against a better D than the jets doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Miamis D is ranked higher than the jets. So those who think that Trent could've done better than 3 points against a better D than the jets doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Except the game in which he DID do more.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Except the game in which he DID do more.You can't tell me JP couldn't have done the same or better.

Why go that far when the 2nd game is more recent? Oh yeah, chosing the game that best fits your argument is better. Not.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
You can't tell me JP couldn't have done the same or better.

Why go that far when the 2nd game is more recent? Oh yeah, chosing the game that best fits your argument is better. Not.

Yeah, that game was ages ago :rofl: You do the same thing: pick the bad games and ignore the better ones.

There's no way to tell what JP could have done, he's so inconsistent. I wouldn't count on it. Two scores vs. Fins, one vs. Denver makes it really iffy.

acehole
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
The fact is that Edwards has proven that he can convert third downs..

You need to go look up Trend edwards 3rd down conversion rate before posting.

PromoTheRobot
11-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I would love to see TE get a week to prepare for the Pats and see how he does. I can already tell you what we will see Sunday with JP. We saw it yesterday, except without the 4th Q comeback.

I'd be willing to bet Bill Belichick told all his defensive players, especially WIlfork, that JP is not to be hurt or knocked out of the game.

PTR

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
1There's no way to tell what JP could have done, he's so inconsistent. I wouldn't count on it. Two scores vs. Fins, one vs. Denver makes it really iffy.

Thats not what you said when you said "I guarantee JP will do this or that" all of a sudden you don't know now? Make up your mind.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Thats not what you said when you said "I guarantee JP will do this or that" all of a sudden you don't know now? Make up your mind.

I've used that word two times:
1. That the Evans TD vs. Jets would also have been a TD if Trent had thrown it;
2. That JP would've taken more sacks in that game if he started because the Jets were heavily blitzing.

Those are specific situations/aspects, not overall game performances. Apples and oranges.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I've used that word two times:
1. That the Evans TD vs. Jets would also have been a TD if Trent had thrown it;.
woulda, coulda ,shoulda. He didn't herefore you have nothing but an assumption vs. fact. facts always wins.

2. That JP would've taken more sacks in that game if he started because the Jets were heavily blitzing.

Those are specific situations/aspects, not overall game performances. Apples and oranges. therefore you agree that based on specific situations, Trent would've thrown an iNT in the 4th qtr against the jets (or fins for that matter) if he didn't get injured. Your logic not. Mine.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
woulda, coulda ,shoulda. He didn't herefore you have nothing but an assumption vs. fact. facts always wins.

therefore you agree that based on specific situations, Trent would've thrown an iNT in the 4th qtr against the jets (or fins for that matter) if he didn't get injured. Your logic not. Mine.

No, because he already threw an INT in that game, reaching his average.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
ah but based on specific, situations, his 4th qtr. game losing INT wasn't achieved yet. ;)

mybills
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
:rofl:

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
:rofl:

I think it would be best for others to stay out of this particular conversation, for their own sanity.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
ah but based on specific, situations, his 4th qtr. game losing INT wasn't achieved yet. ;)

He's only had one of those all year, so it's not a trend. (Zero, if one goes by reality in the Dallas game.)

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
He's only had one of those all year, so it's not a trend. (Zero, if one goes by reality in the Dallas game.)
dallas and ravens.

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
dallas and ravens.

We won the Ravens game so it wasn't a game-losing INT.

Dallas, I just addressed and have many times. Giving up two scores in 20 seconds is way worse than an INT.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM

Dallas, I just addressed and have many times. Giving up two scores in 20 seconds is way worse than an INT.

It was a 4th qtr. int. Why we didn't lose it is because of the D. So the so called Trend here is that he throws 4th qtr INT.s

It's your logic , not mine.

shelby
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I think it would be best for others to stay out of this particular conversation, for their own sanity.

i agree. You two remind me of an old married couple.
:D

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
It was a 4th qtr. int. Why we didn't lose it is because of the D.

You said game-losing INTs, your words.

justasportsfan
11-12-2007, 03:40 PM
You said game-losing INTs, your words.
let me rephrase that, possible game losing INT's. Are you seriously trying to tell me Trent gives us the best chance to win based on the converstation we're having now? :snicker:

Philagape
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
let me rephrase that, possible game losing INT's. Are you seriously trying to tell me Trent gives us the best chance to win based on the converstation we're having now? :snicker:

I've already said JP should start. I'm just correcting misconceptions.

Michael82
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
:movie:

gr8slayer
11-12-2007, 04:27 PM

The offense not scoring a TD on six turn-overs trumps anything you can put out.

Mitchy moo
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
:movie:

njsue
11-13-2007, 04:52 AM
JP seems totally focused on beating the CHEATRIOTS in addition to the rest of the team.

Don't forget to vote.