PDA

View Full Version : Time to Just Admit it - Edwards Lost That Game

Meathead
12-16-2007, 11:57 PM
ok i was so aggravated after the game i ran home from the bar to post this but thought better and decided to wait a while to simmer down to see if my conclusion had changed

it hasnt

i like edwards. hes been incredibly impressive as a rookie and i would expect him to develop much faster than an average young qb. i think he has some great skills that should serve the team well and make him end up being a potentially good option at qb

one of those skills clearly isnt throwing a tight ball in bad weather

who knows if it was the gloves or his arm strength or his lack of practice or whatever, but the bottom line is far too often it looked like he was throwing a bag of marbles out there

i have to admit at this point im quite concerned about his ability to compete when conditions deteriorate. there will be plenty of times where wind is going to be a factor and based on what we saw today im not sure he can throw the ball with a tight enough spiral to avoid repeat performances whenever the weather turns bad

even the porous browns rushing defense was able to contain the monsters because they didnt have to worry about being beaten either deep or to the sides. you could tell by their formations, they just bunched everybody in a semi-circle around the center and dared edwards to try to pass over that dome. he couldnt and consequently the bills couldnt move the ball

this could end up being a big problem for the bills. edwards looks to me like hes going to quickly develop into a chad pennington type qb - outstanding field presence, great poise, ability to manage the offense and move the chains. but penningtons achilles heel is he cant force the defense to defend the entire field and he struggles in bad weather. he will win a bunch of games for you on pure smarts and poise and lose others throwing picks on deep outs that run out of gas and balls that flutter

sigh

i just have one question:

is it too late to put a dome on the ralph?

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
excellent post im not that nice when i put my analysis on trent but u said it very nicely.

we can pray someone like brohm drops in draft this year

RingofFire
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
excellent post im not that nice when i put my analysis on trent but u said it very nicely.

we can pray someone like brohm drops in draft this year Because you make 6 figures and have a slamming girlfriend. Oh ya you are diesel too with the hgh you take! And you can kick Chuck Norris' ass

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Because you make 6 figures and have a slamming girlfriend. Oh ya you are diesel too with the hgh you take! And you can kick Chuck Norris' ass

send me private msg u can come party with us in toronto if i have to prove myself

and my point when i said that was i was told i have nothing to live for.

so i pointed out what im greatful for.

what does this post u have wrote just now have to do with todays game????

cocamide
12-17-2007, 02:21 AM
So, you can judge how a guy is gonna play for the rest of his career based on one game in a blizzard? He rifled a couple balls in there, and our receivers couldn't hang on to them. He did have some bad throws, but get real. Was it cold as hell, windy, and snowing last week in Buffalo when he threw 4 TDs? This week, Anderson was 9/24 for 137 yards, Trent was 13/33 for 124 yards. One of Anderson's passes, which went for about 25 yards, bounced off one guys hands right into Jurevicius's hands. Braylon Edwards made a couple amazing catches too. Our receivers did not help Trent Edwards. Tom Brady was 14/27 for 140 yards, no TDs, an interception, and really only led his team to 6 points on offense against the Jets. He has Randy Moss, they were at home, and the conditions were much better than in Cleveland. Brady has played in many cold games, and still didn't look great in this one. Roethlisberger must not be able to throw in bad conditions either, because he could only put up 3 points against the Dolphins in the rain. It's completely rediculous to say that Trent Edwards can't play in windy conditions because of this game.

ParanoidAndroid
12-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Special Teams and field position lost that game. The lack of an effective running attack lost that game. A rookie QB in December, with horrible conditions to throw in, should not have to shoulder a game. I will say this....He looked good on that final drive.

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 03:20 AM
So, you can judge how a guy is gonna play for the rest of his career based on one game in a blizzard? He rifled a couple balls in there, and our receivers couldn't hang on to them. He did have some bad throws, but get real. Was it cold as hell, windy, and snowing last week in Buffalo when he threw 4 TDs? This week, Anderson was 9/24 for 137 yards, Trent was 13/33 for 124 yards. One of Anderson's passes, which went for about 25 yards, bounced off one guys hands right into Jurevicius's hands. Braylon Edwards made a couple amazing catches too. Our receivers did not help Trent Edwards. Tom Brady was 14/27 for 140 yards, no TDs, an interception, and really only led his team to 6 points on offense against the Jets. He has Randy Moss, they were at home, and the conditions were much better than in Cleveland. Brady has played in many cold games, and still didn't look great in this one. Roethlisberger must not be able to throw in bad conditions either, because he could only put up 3 points against the Dolphins in the rain. It's completely rediculous to say that Trent Edwards can't play in windy conditions because of this game.

i like u have watched him this season.

and i will point out what i think trent has done well.

1 crazy great pass in skins game to reed.

besides that some pretty average QB play.

his numbers dont lie why should i make them lie.

he is 4-3 in my eyes wins vs jets , miami , skins and ravens

losses vs the pats browns an cowboys.

i know official record is 5-2 but he won the jets game same as i banged 4 super models last week. and JP and his 3 plays vs the pats was a JP loss as much as the super model thing.

hes this years kyle orton he didnt drop to late 3rd round because hes a stud.

I KNOW WE ALL WANT A WINNER IN BUFFALO but open your eyes.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2007, 03:53 AM
I can tell you why the Bills lost today...outside of superhuman field goals by Phil Dawson.

Trent wearing gloves.

I pointed it out in the first quarter to my friends, the staff should have made him take off the glove on his throwing hand while out there or if he refused put JP in the game.

It caused all of Trent's passes to sail or dive, of course the wind was also a factor but if you're used to throwing without one all your life and try it out for a game, it has a completely different feel.

Historian
12-17-2007, 04:43 AM
ok i was so aggravated after the game i ran home from the bar to post this but thought better and decided to wait a while to simmer down to see if my conclusion had changed

it hasnt

i like edwards. hes been incredibly impressive as a rookie and i would expect him to develop much faster than an average young qb. i think he has some great skills that should serve the team well and make him end up being a potentially good option at qb

one of those skills clearly isnt throwing a tight ball in bad weather

who knows if it was the gloves or his arm strength or his lack of practice or whatever, but the bottom line is far too often it looked like he was throwing a bag of marbles out there

i have to admit at this point im quite concerned about his ability to compete when conditions deteriorate. there will be plenty of times where wind is going to be a factor and based on what we saw today im not sure he can throw the ball with a tight enough spiral to avoid repeat performances whenever the weather turns bad

even the porous browns rushing defense was able to contain the monsters because they didnt have to worry about being beaten either deep or to the sides. you could tell by their formations, they just bunched everybody in a semi-circle around the center and dared edwards to try to pass over that dome. he couldnt and consequently the bills couldnt move the ball

this could end up being a big problem for the bills. edwards looks to me like hes going to quickly develop into a chad pennington type qb - outstanding field presence, great poise, ability to manage the offense and move the chains. but penningtons achilles heel is he cant force the defense to defend the entire field and he struggles in bad weather. he will win a bunch of games for you on pure smarts and poise and lose others throwing picks on deep outs that run out of gas and balls that flutter

sigh

i just have one question:

is it too late to put a dome on the ralph?

:lolpoint: Meathead

YardRat
12-17-2007, 04:59 AM
I've seen other QB's have that kind of performance in perfect football weather. I'm not worried.

I do hope he ditches the gloves, though.

SquishDaFish
12-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Yes I agree this loss falls at the feet of TE and Fairchild but not just TE.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2007, 06:07 AM
:rofl: this thread, like most of the ones around here lately, is a complete joke, with complete morons posting in it.

SquishDaFish
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
And you posted in it also :roflmao:

LtFinFan66
12-17-2007, 06:28 AM
So, you can judge how a guy is gonna play for the rest of his career based on one game in a blizzard? He rifled a couple balls in there, and our receivers couldn't hang on to them. He did have some bad throws, but get real. Was it cold as hell, windy, and snowing last week in Buffalo when he threw 4 TDs? This week, Anderson was 9/24 for 137 yards, Trent was 13/33 for 124 yards. One of Anderson's passes, which went for about 25 yards, bounced off one guys hands right into Jurevicius's hands. Braylon Edwards made a couple amazing catches too. Our receivers did not help Trent Edwards. Tom Brady was 14/27 for 140 yards, no TDs, an interception, and really only led his team to 6 points on offense against the Jets. He has Randy Moss, they were at home, and the conditions were much better than in Cleveland. Brady has played in many cold games, and still didn't look great in this one. Roethlisberger must not be able to throw in bad conditions either, because he could only put up 3 points against the Dolphins in the rain. It's completely rediculous to say that Trent Edwards can't play in windy conditions because of this game.It snowed last week but nothing like it did in Cleveland. Not cold as hell or windy though

LtFinFan66
12-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Couple more stats

Todd Collins 8-25 for 166 0 TD 0 Int

Eli Manning 18-52 1 TD 0 Int

feelthepain
12-17-2007, 06:38 AM
I think it's way to early to judge any young player, especially a QB. I will say that I think of all the QB's the Bills have had since Kelly, Edwards looks to have the most upside. I always liked Bledsoe, but he was always on the edge. You never knew what you were going get with him. I think Trent has poise and smarts, great DP by the Bills IMO.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Couple more stats

Todd Collins 8-25 for 166 0 TD 0 Int

Eli Manning 18-52 1 TD 0 Int

18-52? Is that a misprint?

don137
12-17-2007, 07:17 AM
I guess it is plain and clear that many QBs could not perform yesterday because of the adverse conditions and need to be out of football...Look for Brady, Pennington, E. Manning, D Anderson and T Edwards on the waiver wire today because they suck.

colin
he played bad, but so did the other qb.

i think with a better set of calls at certain times on O we would have had a real shot.

i also think we need at least one wr with some size and physical presence.

Don't Panic
It takes a lack of wisdom to judge somebody's performance in yesterday's mess. Most of us would have had a hard time walking to the end of the driveway in a mess like that, let alone lead a team to victory.

jmb1099
12-17-2007, 07:24 AM
white jerseys in a blizzard didn't help either. almost all the passes were high.
dropped passes didn't help either.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 07:44 AM
this could end up being a big problem for the bills. edwards looks to me like hes going to quickly develop into a chad pennington type qb - outstanding field presence, great poise, ability to manage the offense and move the chains. but penningtons achilles heel is he cant force the defense to defend the entire field and he struggles in bad weather.?
Let me speak about this. If Edwards becomes pre rotater cuff injury Pennington we will be more than fine as that Pennington was on his way to being a star player. Edwards certainly has a much stronger arm than Pennington does currently. Yesterdays weather was an anomoly. He will have to deal with that maybe once or twice in a career.

Kenny
12-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Maybe it was a little naive to think that a rookie QB would play well in those conditions, -let alone to lead us into the playoffs.

Do I blame the loss on TE, -yes. Was it entirely his fault? -No.
As QB, he's the catalyst for the entire offense, -regardless of playcalling, weather conditions, etc... He's the guy that has to get the job done, -no matter what... period.

Listen, -I like what I see with TE... I really do. The guy is cool under pressure, has great pocket awareness (especially for a rookie), and a quick release.
But other than that one game against Miami, and that one throw to lead us to the win against the Skins, what has TE really shown to us that he's already an NFL QB that's ready to lead us to win us games? Right now, he's a rookie QB that will have more downs than ups. Unless we have a supporting cast that will pick up TE's play (which we dont), I expect the offense's play for the remaining 2 games to look like the majority of this seasons (ex. the Miami game).

It was a nice afterthought, -but unfortunately reality has just bit us in the ass. Finish this season 8-8 or possibly 9-7, -and add a 2nd WR and/or a playmaking TE.
Build on this season, and I dont see any reason why we wont be in the playoffs next year.

HAMMER
12-17-2007, 08:00 AM
What a joke, people are just flaunting their ignorance by putting any of this loss on Edwards. This team was beaten at the LOS on both sides of the ball, that is the only reason they lost. J. Lewis had 165 yards rushing.

People just want to play bash the QB as usual. As someone pointed out, no one had any real success throwing the ball in the northeast yesterday.

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
I think FTY made a good point about the gloves. They could have been a factor. Then again it might just be something he has to get used to. Plenty of qb's have worn gloves on their throwing hand and haven't seen production fall off too much. I won't say Trent didn't make any mistakes. What do you expect? He's a rookie learning the pro game on the fly. He's done as admirable job so far if you ask me. He's also made some smart plays throwing the ball away when he had to. The final drive really instilled a great deal of confidence in him as a qb. It tells you a lot when a rookie qb can drive down the field with poise and confidence when the game is on the line. He almost reminded me of a younger elway on that drive. I almost thought he was going to create his own version of the drive against the same cleveland browns. Much too our dismay bad play calling and receivers dropping balls took it's toll. To blame edwards for this game is beyond ridiculous.

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:08 AM
What a joke, people are just flaunting their ignorance by putting any of this loss on Edwards. This team was beaten at the LOS on both sides of the ball, that is the only reason they lost. J. Lewis had 165 yards rushing.

People just want to play bash the QB as usual. As someone pointed out, no one had any real success throwing the ball in the northeast yesterday.

True.

HAMMER
12-17-2007, 08:18 AM
True.

Winds gusting to 40 MPH and people are talking about Edwards not being accurate, gimme a break. Get a clue.

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Edwards played like JP, but none of the offense was in sinc.
On the bright side, our offense held us to zero points, not the Browns crappy D.
And we held one of the best O's to 8points. :up:

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Edwards played like JP, but none of the offense was in sinc.
On the bright side, our offense held us to zero points, not the Browns crappy D.
And we held one of the best O's to 8points. :up:

Edwards did not play like Jp. Edwards did not turn the ball over.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Winds gusting to 40 MPH and people are talking about Edwards not being accurate, gimme a break. Get a clue.
Seriously... :shakeno:

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
He threw it at some feet.

hydro
12-17-2007, 08:28 AM

Thank you for quoting her. Now I am reminded as to why I have her on ignore. :rofl:

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:29 AM

When he was trying to throw it away, intentionally. Some of his passes may have landed short, but c'mon let's get real,the weather was not very qb friendly. The great derek anderson also had some similar passes.

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2007, 08:30 AM

When he was getting rid of the ball, so he wouldn't take a sack.

FlyingDutchman
12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
I dont think you can put this on Edwards. Did you see what the conditions were like at field level? The wind was blowing so hard and making visibility poor as hell. There was so many dropped passes in a game where whoever makes less mistakes is going to win. Gaines dropped what probably turned into a TD, and Evans had a few he should have had as well. TE had no turnovers and IMO was not the reason for the loss. There were too many external factors in this loss, and trying to find someone to point the finger at is pointless after a game with those conditions.

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
The great derek anderson also had some similar passes.
Yes, he did. All the QB's in the North east had the same problem. They didn't play like our O did, though. :ill:
run, run, run, punt. How were the Browns able to dink & dunk down the field...because Fairchild isn't their OC. As much as people want to harp on what I say about Trent, he's not even the one I point to in disgust.

p.s. tell hydrocack, I said thank you! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Yes, he did. All the QB's in the North east had the same problem. They didn't play like our O did, though. :ill:
run, run, run, punt. How were the Browns able to dink & dunk down the field...because Fairchild isn't their OC. As much as people want to harp on what I say about Trent, he's not even the one I point to in disgust.

p.s. tell hydrocack, I said thank you! :up:
Hydrocack Mybills says thank you.

hydro
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Hydrocack Mybills says thank you.

:rofl:

Philagape
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
In a close game, there are several reasons why a team loses, and this time Edwards was one of them. But it's silly to worry about his career because of it. The promise he's shown as a rookie way outweighs the things he has to fix. The conditions were extraordinary; and as they have been all season, his numbers and the offense will be held back because of poor coaching and inadequate receivers.
But he's proven he can make any throw. He has the best bomb of the season, he can gun it 30 yards, he can roll out. He can stretch a defense, but our receivers can't. And his intangibles are amazing for a rookie. No sacks, no turnovers in three games, and in that stretch he's played his best in the clutch. He's shown enough to be very promising.

Meathead
12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
watch andersons ball when he threw it - it usually arced nicely and spun evenly

watch edwards ball when he threw it - it usually wobbled and was pushed around like a ping pong ball

thats a problem

If Edwards becomes pre rotater cuff injury Pennington we will be more than fine as that Pennington was on his way to being a star player.
yes i completely agree and meant to make that distinction myself. its what im hanging my hat on with edwards

but even back then pennington was susceptible to the deep out and bad weather hampered him more than usual. he simply didnt have the ball rotation to cut through the wind like some other quarterbacks and it appears neither does edwards

that could be a problem when those santa anna winds blow through the ralph

and for those citing the last drive as some kind of defense for edwards on this subject note that the weather had calmed down at that point. it actually bolsters my case

look im not happy at all making this case. it just is what it is. i will cheer my ass off for trent and keep my fingers crossed the wind isnt a factor in a game because right now that looks to be his kryptonite

HHURRICANE
12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="28%" height=18>Passing</TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> T. Edwards</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>39.4</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Cleveland</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> D. Anderson</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>137</TD><TD>37.5</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
his not being able to avoid throwing a duck counts as playing bad and for 3.75 quarters he was bad. more than any other factor his play cost them the game

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="28%" height=18>Passing</TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> T. Edwards</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>39.4</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Cleveland</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> D. Anderson</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>137</TD><TD>37.5</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

watch edwards ball when he threw it - it usually wobbled and was pushed around like a ping pong ball

thats a problem

HHURRICANE
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
his not being able to avoid throwing a duck counts as playing bad and for 3.75 quarters he was bad. more than any other factor his play cost them the game

Start Quinn in Cleveland.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
but even back then pennington was susceptible to the deep out and bad weather hampered him more than usual. he simply didnt have the ball rotation to cut through the wind like some other quarterbacks and it appears neither does edwards

IMO Edwards does throw a very tight Spiral. As I stated yesterday was an anomoly. 40mph wind gusts and a icy ball will lead to ducks and inaccurate passes for anyone.

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM

thats a problem

HHURRICANE
12-17-2007, 09:04 AM
IMO Edwards does throw a very tight Spiral. As I stated yesterday was an anomoly. 40mph wind gusts and a icy ball will lead to ducks and inaccurate passes for anyone.

Anderson's 9 completions were lasers!!! The weather had nothing to do with it.

SARCASM HIGH!!

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
http://online.wsj.com/media/Spiral_WSJ120707.gif

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
WHIP, NOT PUSH

Most people throw by drawing the football back behind their ear and pushing it forward. But pushing the ball makes it difficult to impart spin, Mr. Sims says. Instead, the arm should whip, with the help of torque created at the waist.

Another misconception is that a spiral can be achieved only by launching the ball as hard as possible. Softly thrown balls can have spin, too.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119707054348217657.html

ask yourself is trent a whipper or a pusher

im thinking pub darts

mybills
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
:rofl: @ that pic

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 09:26 AM
WHIP, NOT PUSH

Most people throw by drawing the football back behind their ear and pushing it forward. But pushing the ball makes it difficult to impart spin, Mr. Sims says. Instead, the arm should whip, with the help of torque created at the waist.

Another misconception is that a spiral can be achieved only by launching the ball as hard as possible. Softly thrown balls can have spin, too.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119707054348217657.html

ask yourself is trent a whipper or a pusher

im thinking pub darts
He is a pusher. I still think he throws a tight spiral.

Kerr
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
http://online.wsj.com/media/Spiral_WSJ120707.gif

One would think that's Jimbo demonstrating.

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
yeah that looks exactly like his release. i guess thats why he was so good in windy conditions

Meathead
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
lets say next season both cleveland and buffalo make the playoffs. lets say they meet again and this time its in the ralph. lets also say its a typical buffalo blustery january day with gusty winds. if you want to make it even more difficult say its also raining lightly, also typically buffalo

based on what you saw yesterday is there any concern about edwards passing ability keeping pace with andersons?

im just hoping the coaches can work with his delivery to help him get the ball the cut through the wind better. most days it wont be a problem but right now if/when the bills find themselves in a critical game with typical buffalo winter weather it could be a problem

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I would not put the blame on Trent. He's a rookie who did his best under a dumb OFFENSIVE coaching staff.It was all on the coaches. Ever since Marv left, our O has sucked no matter who you put at qb.

The only time we succeeded was when a midget said, "this O sucks, I'm running things my way" And that was the last time we went to the playoffs and that was when he got fired for a younger idiot named Rob Johnson.

Sometimes it isn't the players fault. It's the coaches.

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I would not put the blame on Trent. He's a rookie who did his best under a dumb OFFENSIVE coaching staff.It was all on the coaches. Ever since Marv left, our O has sucked no matter who you put at qb.

The only time we succeeded was when a midget said, "this O sucks, I'm running things my way" And that was the last time we went to the playoffs and that was when he got fired for a younger idiot named Rob Johnson.

Sometimes it isn't the players fault. It's the coaches.

please dont say that justa people need to keep blaming JP!!!!!!!!!

Jeff1220
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Edwards' arm strength is not a problem. There were some passes where I wondered why the heck he was throwing it so hard - a couple of times, the WRs missed because he was rifling the ball too hard. The problem looked, to me, to almost certainly be the gloves. I think he should've gone with the hand warmer thingy instead. Anyway, it's crazy how many of you guys are so absolutely for or against TE. A lot of yesaterday's loss is on his shoulders, but not all of it. And 1 loss from bad play in horrible conditions in a player's 8th (?) career start doesn't indicate all future scenarios. The past poise and situational command TE has shown hasn't been enough (or consistent enough) to annoint him Buffalo's savior yet either. He has been a rookie that shows a lot of promise and that is still what he remains. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yesterday was disappointing and frustrating, but overall, I feel pretty good about this team's future.