View Full Version : Looks like the WR market is now set...Larry Fitzgerald got a new contract!

Michael82
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
The Arizona Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with All- Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr., Pending NFL approval. The 24 year old Fitzgerald, who helped the Cardinals to a 8-8 record in 2007 their best in ten years will remain with the Cardinals after signing a four-year contract extent ion.

The two-time Pro Bowl star said, "I'm very happy with this my intent was to stay with the Cardinals, I'm grateful that we were able to get this done." Fitzgerald led the NFC in 2007 with 100 receptions and 10 touchdowns. Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

http://larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=1

Michael82
03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
I know the numbers are little staggering, I am actually not that upset with this deal. Lee Evans is nowhere near Larry Fitzgerald, so now his new contract will fall somewhere between the Bernard Berrian one and this one. :up:

Now the Bills should be able to use the numbers from all the WRs contracts and get a deal done with Evans. :pray:

LtFinFan66
I can't see Lee commanding a deal that large

Patrick76777
The Arizona Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with All- Pro wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr., Pending NFL approval. The 24 year old Fitzgerald, who helped the Cardinals to a 8-8 record in 2007 their best in ten years will remain with the Cardinals after signing a four-year contract extent ion.

The two-time Pro Bowl star said, "I'm very happy with this my intent was to stay with the Cardinals, I'm grateful that we were able to get this done." Fitzgerald led the NFC in 2007 with 100 receptions and 10 touchdowns. Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

http://larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=1

the only time Fitzgerald and Evans are in the same market is when they go visit you at Wegmans.

Ickybaluky
I posted this in the NFL Zone.

I don't think Evans will command this kind of money, although he will get a lot. Fitzgerald is the best young receiver in the NFL. At 24, he looks like he could be the next Randy Moss.

I wonder if the Cards will look to bring Bryant Johnson back with the cap room they created.

Michael82
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I can't see Lee commanding a deal that large
nope, nowhere near it. So, now that this deal is finally done, the Bills have a maximum number that they can tell Lee Evans, look this is what you can get. This is our offer, it's not a final offer, but we need a counter offer. :up:

Michael82
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
the only time Fitzgerald and Evans are in the same market is when they go visit you at Wegmans.
:rofl:

Michael82
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I posted this in the NFL Zone.

I don't think Evans will command this kind of money, although he will get a lot. Fitzgerald is the best young receiver in the NFL. At 24, he looks like he could be the next Randy Moss.

I wonder if the Cards will look to bring Bryant Johnson back with the cap room they created.
Evans won't command this kind of money. But at least there is a maximum level that the Lee Evans camp should get, but truthfully, it should be a lot less!

As for Johnson, sorry but I don't see it. After the money they just coughed up for Fitzgerald, I can't see them willing to pony up more dough for a 3rd receiver.

venis2k1
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Fitzgerald will get $33 million over the next three years $30-million is guaranteed.

WOW.

Thats alot of Double cheese burgers

bigbub2352
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Sign Evans right now!!! before it is too late,

Michael82
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Sign Evans right now!!! before it is too late,
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Jeff1220
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I think Lee is awesome, but I really don't think he should get much more $ than Bernard Berrian. BB has progressively gotten better with more play time. Lee has been, then down, then way up, then back down again. I'm not saying I'd rather have Berrian, or that he's better, but when trying to iron out a contract, I think Lee's leverage is about equal to BB.

JerseyBoofaloBills
03-11-2008, 01:48 PM

ya i figured he wouldnt have signed to a huge contract..he doesnt want to stay in arizona for that long, he knows they suck an he'll want to go to a championship team, i dont blame him..he's amazing an deserves it.

Bulldog
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
The best part for Fitzgerald is that when this deal expires, he'll only be 28. That dude is going to make a ton of cash before all is said and done.

Michael82
03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
The best part for Fitzgerald is that when this deal expires, he'll only be 28. That dude is going to make a ton of cash before all is said and done.
That's why it's so short. :up:

historypete
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I think this contract means that Lee will fall into the 8-9 million a year camp if he hits FA next year. Hopefully we can get him signed long term to a deal that averages 7.5 to 8 a year. I really think he is worth it. Everyone points to his low numbers this year but considering the inconsistant QB play, and the pathetic gameplanning of Fairchild it makes sense that his numbers would dip considerably. Also take into account he has no true #2 to help him.

I've also thought about this. One of the multitude of reasons B. Johnson has not signed with us maybe due to the Fitzgerald situation. Maybe the whole time he's desired to go back to Arizona, but they couldn't afford him before getting Fitz done. Now with the new contract Arizona, according to ESPN News and Clayton, have more than 8 million in cap space now, whereas before they only had like 400K. So, with some extra space maybe he goes back to Zona. If so good luck because they are going to keep going 7-9 or worse, and they have no cap room to improve. At least we have the cap room to bring in guys, the problem is we haven't dished it out according to Clumps numbers.

Bert102176
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I think now that he has re done his contract BJ will realise they can't afford to bring him back and he will sign with someone now