PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo's 32 Players to watch

The King
03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuKPNrWy4egjWg8dNVh07dFDubYF?slug=cr-32towatch031308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=Aqz1zUOadrILHuFsni1qm.jhMMQF): Paul Posluszny (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8288/;_ylt=Aps0kcv2uLEOftH6kUVP.cLhMMQF), LB
We might already be talking about Posluszny as a star if he hadn’t broken his forearm in the third game of his rookie campaign last season. But after racking up 22 tackles in his first two games, he was already looking like a tremendous second-round steal. Health permitting, he could be one of the NFL’s best middle linebackers by the end of the 2008 season.

Bill Brasky
03-13-2008, 01:00 PM
guns don't kill people, Paul Posluszny kills people

The Spaz
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Poz baby!!

The Answer
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuKPNrWy4egjWg8dNVh07dFDubYF?slug=cr-32towatch031308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=Aqz1zUOadrILHuFsni1qm.jhMMQF): Paul Posluszny (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8288/;_ylt=Aps0kcv2uLEOftH6kUVP.cLhMMQF), LB
We might already be talking about Posluszny as a star if he hadn’t broken his forearm in the third game of his rookie campaign last season. But after racking up 22 tackles in his first two games, he was already looking like a tremendous second-round steal. Health permitting, he could be one of the NFL’s best middle linebackers by the end of the 2008 season.

This is a critical year for Poz since he was a major dissapointment his rookie season getting injured just 2 games into the 2007 campaign.

Also with The Digi's emergence as a force in the middle, and the signing of Mitchell - it's going to be very hard for him to see the field unless he looks like Brian Urlacher in training camp.

~The Answer

The Spaz
03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
This is a critical year for Poz since he was a major dissapointment his rookie season getting injured just 2 games into the 2007 campaign.

Also with The Digi's emergence as a force in the middle, and the signing of Mitchell - it's going to be very hard for him to see the field unless he looks like Brian Urlacher in training camp.

~The Answer

He was a disappointment because he was hurt? Poz was top 5 in tackles before he got hurt. God I thought this troll was gone.:rrich:

The King
03-13-2008, 01:06 PM

~The Answer

Kids.... dont eat lead paint.

The Answer
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
He was a disappointment because he was hurt? Poz was top 5 in tackles before he got hurt. God I thought this troll was gone.:rrich:

Just about every major NFL analyst and scouting guru (including your very own BZ member The Answer) had this guy pegged as a potential bust because of the injury concerns - and guess what - he was injured 2 games into his nfl career.

Also The Answer is curious as to why everybody thinks this kid is a superstar or something? He was beat out in training camp last year by The Digi, and he didn't show much at all in the first few games of the season. Is it any coincidence that we starting winning games after he went down for the season? And don't give me stats on the Pittsburgh game either - we were getting mauled and it was garbage time after the 1st quarter.

~The Answer

hydro
03-13-2008, 01:09 PM

~The Answer

I love how you find the most bland and least talented players on the team to bandwagon. Digi isn't going to be a long time starter in Buffalo just like Holcomb never was going to be.

Will you be around when Digi is riding the pine or will you go on another hiatus?

Jeff1220
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Digi? Holcomb?
Dude, occasionally you have some good insight, but how can you possibly expect anyone to take you seriously when you spew this crap? You can't possibly be serious w/this stuff. It's like Ravens fans saying Ed Hartwell is/was better than Ray Lewis, or Phin fans thinking Travis Minor would've been a better option at RB than Ronnie Brown. The only logical conclusion to make from your post is that it is spam mant to get a rise out of people.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 01:15 PM

~The Answer

digi's emergence as a force? :rofl:

mitchell has nothing to do with Poz and if he will be starting.

care to make a wager on if poz beats digi out since it is going to be "very hard for him to see the field?"

~the question.

Buffatexas
03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Just about every major NFL analyst and scouting guru (including your very own BZ member The Answer) had this guy pegged as a potential bust because of the injury concerns - and guess what - he was injured 2 games into his nfl career.

Also The Answer is curious as to why everybody thinks this kid is a superstar or something? He was beat out in training camp last year by The Digi, and he didn't show much at all in the first few games of the season. Is it any coincidence that we starting winning games after he went down for the season? And don't give me stats on the Pittsburgh game either - we were getting mauled and it was garbage time after the 1st quarter.

~The Answer

What language would you like for me to use to remind you yet again that you cannot condition for a broken arm and your precious "digi" did not beat him out in TC

That Guy
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM

~The Answer
Didn't Poz win the starting job? Yeah.

Not to mention I HATE when people say a dude is injury prone because of non-nagging coincidental injuries like a broken forearm. Yeah, because a guy can really be more susceptable to a broken forearm.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
guys, hes right, Poz's forearms are just way too brittle. he will never be a good linebacker with forearm bones like that. Look at Digi! he is like the god of forearm bones, in madden his forearm bone rating is 100 and poz is 0.

dude, get real. Poz DID win the starting job, Jauron was just pushing Poz to get better in the preseason and it worked, he looked good in the 2 games before he got hurt.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I hope G8 doesn't read this.

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
guys, hes right, Poz's forearms are just way too brittle. he will never be a good linebacker with forearm bones like that. Look at Digi! he is like the god of forearm bones, in madden his forearm bone rating is 100 and poz is 0.

dude, get real. Poz DID win the starting job, Jauron was just pushing Poz to get better in the preseason and it worked, he looked good in the 2 games before he got hurt.

:rofl:

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
he wont make the bet.. he is yellow, as my grandfather would say.

colin
03-13-2008, 01:56 PM
behind big penetrating tackles like mccargo and stroud, a fast physical guy like poz could really clean up.

im sure he'll have some rookie type kinks to still work out, but with his instinctive play and timing i'm pretty sure he'll be jumping through gaps created by the rushing tackles and blowing up a few plays.

on screens and sweep plays our DEs actually did their jobs pretty well last year getting up field and forcing the plays wide where the D is supposed to flow, but our linebackers were simply over matched.

with mitchel, poz, and crow i think we will have some trashmen sifting through the mess and making tackles. we harp on about the line (most important) but someone has to finish the play and on most downs that is the LB hitting the RB, or tackling the WR/TE/RB/FB for a small gain.

BlackMetalNinja
03-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Man, I just totally LOLed big time. That's some hilarious **** right there.

Ed
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
it's going to be very hard for him to see the field unless he looks like Brian Urlacher in training camp.

~The Answer
Right, because Digiorgio is only a notch below Urlacher. Digi is still young you know. Maybe we could get a 1st rounder for him since he was such an up and coming superstar on our 30th ranked D.

jamze132
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Some of the posts in this thread have down syndrome.

More specificaly, ones that lack a QUESTION to be ANSWERED.

Philagape
03-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't feed the trolls please.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/ab/TonyCliftonMoon.jpg

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 03:06 PM
funny thing about that list is that 80% of it is last years 1st and 2nd round picks that didnt play great.. they are ALL set to break out now.

The Answer
03-13-2008, 03:09 PM
The Digi is already a fan favorite and household name in western NY. Kid is hardnosed, and a punishing playmaker - not a sissy that breaks a bone everytime he's hit.

Aside from being injury prone - The Answer has nothing personal against Poz, and hopes he can develop into a serviceable player in our LB rotation but keep in mind that starting jobs aren't handed out like Haloween candy under Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron's watch.

We'll see how this whole thing plays out, but The Digi isn't relinquishing his starting job at MLB, so maybe he can beat out Crowell on the outside.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
The Digi is already a fan favorite and household name in western NY. Kid is hardnosed, and a punishing playmaker - not a sissy that breaks a bone everytime he's hit.

Aside from being injury prone - The Answer has nothing personal against Poz, and hopes he can develop into a serviceable player in our LB rotation but keep in mind that starting jobs aren't handed out like Haloween candy under Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron's watch.

We'll see how this whole thing plays out, but The Digi isn't relinquishing his starting job at MLB, so maybe he can beat out Crowell on the outside.

~The Answer
I can't understand why this nonsense is not in the Spam Zone, except perhaps that Spam at least has some redeeming social value.

justasportsfan
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Poor Digi. Gets a bad rap around here because of The Joke.

Philagape
03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't understand why this nonsense is not in the Spam Zone, except perhaps that Spam at least has some redeeming social value.

Good point. It's insulting to Spam.

The Answer
03-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Because this isn't spam - it is a FACT that POZ is injury prone (see last season).

~The Answer

The Spaz
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Because this isn't spam - it is a FACT that POZ is injury prone (see last season).

~The Answer

Getting hurt one season makes him prone?

JerseyBoofaloBills
03-13-2008, 07:42 PM

~The Answer
how can you even say this when you were ranting about TE when he was getting beat out by JP, shut the hell up dude, Digi sucked anyway i dont even want to here it from you.. POZ is a beast..i cant believe your gonna say why we think he's a superstar when you were sucking TE's dick when he was getting beat out by JP..:rolleyes:

buffalony85
03-13-2008, 08:24 PM

~The AnswerFor one "the digi" sucks he is no better than keith ellison and will not sniff the starting lineup unless its on special teams! Crowell is a top 10 OLB in this league and "the digi" couldnt hold his jock strap, oh and Posluszny showed more in 2 games than "the digi" showed the rest of the season!

Philagape
03-13-2008, 08:41 PM
When someone tells outright bald-faced lies (like Digi beat out Poz, or Poz was generally expected to be a bust), that shames the art of trolling. Lying should be grounds for banning.

buffalony85
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
When someone tells outright bald-faced lies (like Digi beat out Poz, or Poz was generally expected to be a bust), that shames the art of trolling. Lying should be grounds for banning. I second that

YardRat
03-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Poz is, athletically, heads and shoulders above DiGi. The coaches saw enough of him pre-season last year to start him at MLB and there is no reason to suggest that they won't do the same in '08.

That being said, it's hard to dispute that the defense as an entire unit played miserably, consistently, while Poz was manning the middle and making the calls and showed signs/flashes of improvement when DiGi replaced Poz in the line-up.

Regardless of how 'beastly' some fans think Paul is I think it's undeniable that he has to A)stay healthy, and B)Prove he has the mental side of the position down, making the right calls and putting the rest of the defense in a situation that gives them the best opportunity to succeed.

Fewell went so far as to publicly acknowledge how much more the unit was capable of doing when DiGi was in there as opposed to Poz, and it's an area where the gap needs to be closed in order for the defense to truly be better.

Not that I'm comparing the two in any manner, but we've already seen from the other side of the ball that being a more gifted athlete doesn't necessarily translate into being the most likely to succeed on the field.

The King
03-14-2008, 08:05 AM
in madden his forearm bone rating is 100 and poz is 0.

:rofl: