PDA

View Full Version : stop complaining

evol4276
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
mckelvin was prospected by many as a top 10 player. while i wasnt expecting him, i am by NO means disappointed AT ALL

hydro
04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
:bf1:

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
McKelvin doesn't have elite ball skills and he isn't tough against the run, but he has great speed (4.38), changes directions quickly and flashes great instincts. In addition, he's a dangerous open-field runner who can contribute in the return game and is always a threat to turn an interception into points. If he can adjust to the speed of the pro game, McKelvin can make an immediate impact. Video

I am disappointed. I for one didn't think our secondary played all that bad last year. It wasn't the secondaries fault that they had to cover someone for 7-8 seconds. That was the Bills lack of pass rush fault. This pick sucked. 2 of the Bills last 3 first round picks sucked. And we wonder why we continue to blow.

The Answer
04-26-2008, 04:18 PM
mckelvin was prospected by many as a top 10 player. while i wasnt expecting him, i am by NO means disappointed AT ALL

They said on ESPN that he would have been a top 3 pick if he had more interceptions in college. This kid is going to be much better than Nate Clements or Antwain Winfield ever was - plus he has Devin Hester ability as a return man - no joke.

~The Answer

Johnny Bugmenot
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Don't tell me what to say.

It's a luxury pick. The offense is anemic. They needed a tall WR. They passed.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
They said on ESPN that he would have been a top 3 pick if he had more interceptions in college. This kid is going to be much better than Nate Clements or Antwain Winfield ever was - plus he has Devin Hester ability as a return man - no joke.

~The Answer

We already have 2 good return men. What we need is WR, DE, TE, C. CB was last on the list of our big needs.

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
With all the wr's flying off the board i dont know how we will manage.

bunch of experts here.

DrastiK
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah i know, we don't need another return man. McGee is in the definite top and why would we need another. I demand an explanation on why we didn't pic DRC. It was pretty much a no brainer. I'm stunned.

OpIv37
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
We were the 30th ranked offense last year and the FO has done NOTHING to improve it. Literally NOTHING.

I don't think that McKelvin is a bad pick and he does fill a position of need, but not our biggest position of need. We could have done worse with Cromartie.

I hope you like 3 and out's because we're going to be seeing just as many this year as we did last year.

And I'm starting to wonder if the FO even watched the games last year. It boggles the mind that FA started almost two months ago and we're a round deep into the draft with no help for the offense yet.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah i know, we don't need another return man. McGee is in the definite top and why would we need another. I demand an explanation on why we didn't pic DRC. It was pretty much a no brainer. I'm stunned.

Parrish is also good at returning punts.

Wow, this pick makes about as much sense as the fins picking Ginn last year.

shelby
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Good Lord, there is still plenty of time. We will draft a WR.
Midol for everyone....:sigh:

The Answer
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
We already have 2 good return men. What we need is WR, DE, TE, C. CB was last on the list of our big needs.

TD - Jauron just drafted the final piece of his puzzle on defense, and on top of it we have another playermaker on ST - 2 for 1 deal here.

Guarantee we still get one a good WR (hopefully Hardy) in the next round, and a TE in the 3rd.

Tomorrow we can address center and add more depth.

~The Answer

OpIv37
04-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Parrish is also good at returning punts.

Wow, this pick makes about as much sense as the fins picking Ginn last year.

I'm pissed that they didn't address the offense, but it's not THAT bad.

The one thing in their defense-we're now 9 picks past ours and no one has taken a WR yet, which means two things: 1. there's still hope we can get a decent one, and 2: 9 other teams agreed that 11 was too high for a WR.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
TD - Jauron just drafted the final piece of his puzzle on defense, and on top of it we have another playermaker on ST - 2 for 1 deal here.

Guarantee we still get one a good WR (hopefully Hardy) in the next round, and a TE in the 3rd.

Tomorrow we can address center and add more depth.

~The Answer
I hope you are right. I just didn't see the big need at CB.

Next 3 picks...WR, TE, C, and I might be happy.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
The one thing in their defense-we're now 9 picks past ours and no one has taken a WR yet, which means two things: 1. there's still hope we can get a decent one, and 2: 9 other teams agreed that 11 was too high for a WR.

What's the chances Martellus Bennett TE will still be there in the 3rd round?

shelby
04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Our next pick will be a WR.

CAbills
04-26-2008, 04:34 PM
We were the 30th ranked offense last year and the FO has done NOTHING to improve it. Literally NOTHING.

We were also the 31 ranked defense....

tampabay25690
04-26-2008, 04:39 PM

bunch of experts here.

DEVIN
I agree with u 100%%%%

I knew they would go defense and they did.......YEA I see all the GREAT WR going quick. GREAT pick by the BILLS they took the best player available and will help this team right away......

I KNEW there would be alot of Tool boxes on this site that would ***** about this pick......OH WELL...

DrastiK
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm prettu sure that we are going to end up trading down. Then we will definitely get James Hardy or Limas Sweed which are both awesome WRs.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
... because they couldn't stay healthy. And CB was the least of the problems, we also addressed the problem areas in FA.

The offense just plain blew, and they didn't address it at all in FA.

There's a difference.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
If the WRs in this draft class blow this badly then we're screwed either way.

OpIv37
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM

yeah and we also traded for Stroud, signed Mitchell and signed Spencer Johnson, plus we get Poz and Ko Simpson back from injury.

So the D has been addressed. And unlike the O, the D showed signs of improvement over the course of the season.

The O has been ignored and continues to be ignored.

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
McKelvin doesn't have elite ball skills and he isn't tough against the run, but he has great speed (4.38), changes directions quickly and flashes great instincts. In addition, he's a dangerous open-field runner who can contribute in the return game and is always a threat to turn an interception into points. If he can adjust to the speed of the pro game, McKelvin can make an immediate impact. Video

Looking at the top 10 times for the CBs at the combine, 4.38 placed him around 8th or 9th IIRC. Not exactly the best.

I am disappointed. I for one didn't think our secondary played all that bad last year. It wasn't the secondaries fault that they had to cover someone for 7-8 seconds. That was the Bills lack of pass rush fault. This pick sucked. 2 of the Bills last 3 first round picks sucked. And we wonder why we continue to blow.

Agreed.