PDA

View Full Version : Seven Things That Concern Me

patmoran2006
07-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Here are five points about the Bills that concern me. I'm not saying any of these points (except for #2- I think it's a given) aren't things that can't be overcome. I'm simply saying that they are the things I'm concerned about moving forward. I ranked them in what I feel is the order of importance.

7- Jason Peters- We need him in training camp, period. Regardless on your stance if you think he has the right to get a new contract, the bottom line is he's the most important player on this offense and we NEED him. Nobody knows how serious or how far this holdout will go at this point. We can't afford to be without him and having Chambers even thought about as a starter. This is just my opinion, but there isnt' a single offensive tackle in the NFL I'd trade Peters for, not one. The crazy thing is he's still learning and will get better. This is a guy who can easily make the next five Pro Bowls.

6- Don't Believe The Hype- I don't care what they tell you, I know for a fact the vast majority of players read the papers. Buffalo is being heralded everywhere as a "surprise" team and even a playoff team. This team needs to forget all that noise, and remained focus and take the underdog approach. Nothing ruins a season for a young team more than believing your own press clippings. The bottom line is this team hasn't done **** yet, and it's Jaurons' job to make sure they remember that.

5- Who's #2?- This team in my opinion is counting too heavily on a rookie. James Hardy will be counted on to produce a lot more than a number two rookie WR should be. There' a lot of pressure on him. If he doesn't produce, I don't see this offense making much strides from last year. Reed and Parrish are what they are; decent players that have a big play every now and then but are not consistent. Our tight end position, in my opinion at least, is still a joke. I am certainly not saying Hardy can't do the job. I still love the drafting of him (I would've loved Sweed too). I"m just saying there's a lot of rookie pressure there and that concerns me.

4- The "Turk"- Anybody has to be better than Fairchild. But until we see it on the field (and I"m not saying we won't)- the Turk is nothing more than a lot of talk with a badge. I personally would've preferred a more established coordinator, especially on an offensive team so young.

3- Health: Last year was scary with all the injuries. This is a concern for every team in the league but none more than Buffalo. Poz and Simpson are needed on the field this year.

2- JP Losman remained in Buffalo: I'm very well aware every team needs two "good" quarterbacks on their roster. I still think we should've found someone else via Free Agency or the draft. This guy isn't now, but I'll bet anyone at some point he WILL become a distraction. At some point this season, a young Edward might struggle. People and worse, a few teammates may even call for Losman. I think that's the single most horrible thing for team chemistry. He has absolutely no future here, he's gone at season's end no matter what happens (he would never stay in Buffalo the way he's been treated) so why not trade him (too late now though) for anything you can get, and get a guy like Lemon or even Culpepper (Who is still out there) as a backup for Edwards. There is one more thing about Losman, I don't think he's any ****ing good, unless we're playing the Bengals or Texans.

1- Offensive Line Depth: I'm terrified of this. When Duke Preston, Chambers or Jason Whittle are your top options off the bench, you're one play away from being in trouble. Overall, I've written that I love the depth on this team, and I still do. But not here. I'm still befuddled on why we A) Didnt sign at least one solid vet backup OL in free agency and B) Why we drafted Reggie Corner in the 4th round instead of the best OL prospect on the board. We could use an upgrade as a backup on every single OL position.

Mr. Pink
07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I think #7 is the biggest concern for this team....#1 ties in obviously though.

Without Peters offensively we're in a lot of trouble. He protects the QBs blindside and is one of the premier tackles in football. If his holdout is lengthy than we get into depth being even more eph'd than it already is.

chernobylwraiths
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Is this a Hanna Montana song?

patmoran2006
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Are you fronting like you don't already know every lyric to every one of her songs, Chern?

raphael120
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
One thing you have to remember is Santonio Holmes came into the league as a replacement for Burress. He was only used as a #2 WR for the final 4 games of the season in '06, yet he still produced with 49 receptions for 842 yards.

Even if Hardy isn't #2 right off the bat, there is no excuse for him not to produce also. He's going to get his opportunities, it's just up to the coordinator to give him as many opportunities as possible to make plays. One thing Fairchild didn't do is give the ball to his playmakers and utilize his talent to the fullest. He didn't use Lynch in the passing game, he didn't use a 2 back set to use both Jackson and Lynch, Parrish wasn't used very much, etc etc...

Philagape
07-04-2008, 12:22 PM
As far as production, the No. 2 receiver should be Lynch.

DraftBoy
07-04-2008, 12:30 PM
How our safeties aren't mentioned, or our DL is beyond me. We are counting on Whitner to finally emerging as a true 1st Rounder, Ko Simpson not only returning from a huge ankle but also showing growth after a year off from the game.

We also need Stroud to step up and prove his injury is behind him, McCargo or Spencer Johnson to emerge as a true starter opposite him, and we have to hope that Schoebel, Kelsay, Denney, and Ellis can provide a pass rush that we didn't have last year.

yordad
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Here are five points about the Bills that concern me. I'm not saying any of these points (except for #2- I think it's a given) aren't things that can't be overcome. I'm simply saying that they are the things I'm concerned about moving forward. I ranked them in what I feel is the order of importance.

7- Jason Peters- We need him in training camp, period. Regardless on your stance if you think he has the right to get a new contract, the bottom line is he's the most important player on this offense and we NEED him. Nobody knows how serious or how far this holdout will go at this point. We can't afford to be without him and having Chambers even thought about as a starter. This is just my opinion, but there isnt' a single offensive tackle in the NFL I'd trade Peters for, not one. The crazy thing is he's still learning and will get better. This is a guy who can easily make the next five Pro Bowls. That's what fines are for.

6- Don't Believe The Hype- I don't care what they tell you, I know for a fact the vast majority of players read the papers. Buffalo is being heralded everywhere as a "surprise" team and even a playoff team. This team needs to forget all that noise, and remained focus and take the underdog approach. Nothing ruins a season for a young team more than believing your own press clippings. The bottom line is this team hasn't done **** yet, and it's Jaurons' job to make sure they remember that. I actually think believing is a good thing.

2- JP Losman remained in Buffalo: I'm very well aware every team needs two "good" quarterbacks on their roster. I still think we should've found someone else via Free Agency or the draft. This guy isn't now, but I'll bet anyone at some point he WILL become a distraction. At some point this season, a young Edward might struggle. People and worse, a few teammates may even call for Losman. I think that's the single most horrible thing for team chemistry. He has absolutely no future here, he's gone at season's end no matter what happens (he would never stay in Buffalo the way he's been treated) so why not trade him (too late now though) for anything you can get, and get a guy like Lemon or even Culpepper (Who is still out there) as a backup for Edwards. There is one more thing about Losman, I don't think he's any ****ing good, unless we're playing the Bengals or Texans. Well, I think Losman is good, better then Edwards. Culpepper would be an even bigger distraction. But, it is all on Edwards. If he plays well, no distraction, if he doesn't the whispers will rightfully begin.
I agreed with everything else. Good post.

Marvelous
07-04-2008, 12:54 PM
7- Jason Peters- We need him in training camp, period. This is a guy who can easily make the next five Pro Bowls.<<tHIS IS A fact! Peters dominates & The Bills are in between a rock & hard place here....Peters is viewed as the best player on the team by almost ALL media. Like you said "players read that".. So The Bills know they need to pay him super top dollar & since when do we ever do that...Why do the teams let it come to this..?? why!

6- Don't Believe The Hype-

Eh. I could care less about stuff like this that has nothing to do w/ much..

5- Who's #2?- This team in my opinion is counting too heavily on a rookie. James Hardy will be counted on to produce a lot more than a number two rookie WR should be. There' a lot of pressure on him. If he doesn't produce, I don't see this offense making much strides from last year. Reed and Parrish are what they are; decent players that have a big play every now and then but are not consistent. Our tight end position, in my opinion at least, is still a joke. I am certainly not saying Hardy can't do the job. I still love the drafting of him (I would've loved Sweed too). I"m just saying there's a lot of rookie pressure there and that concerns me.
Ok, expecting Hardy to come in and get a 1000 yards or a Anquan Boldin type ROOKIE OF THE YEAR season is rediculous & selfish.... What kind of #2 WR do guys want? Example needed. A TJ Housh & ReggieWayne #2's we're really #1's behind a stud #1 etc..
---I just don't see how Hardy is gonna have a super season.. Evans numbers last seaosn under Trent Edwards sure didn't look good. Oh Yeah i did watch ever single play & did notice that Evans was a non factor almost all the time.. ((I made the mistake of mixing business w/ pleasure & drafted Lee Evans in my family league.. BAH! So i saw w/ focused eyes his struggles... To expect Hardy to play at an elite level is just denial & hope & borderline delusional
Reed is not on the same level as Parrish. Reed is boring #2 wr, but an amazing #3/slot. I dunno what Parrish is. lol to be honest. He shows flashes & i've wondered what he would do had he ever gotten the attempts.. But i like the fact that we resigned Reed. He's reliable.

2- JP Losman remained in Buffalo:
I agree it will cause some gripes when Trent Edwards struggles. & he will struggle. Am i not supposed to say that? I could pretend that he was awesome last year... He was cool & calm & for a 3rd round pick that's impressive, but his thrwos weren't very.. In fact his long ball had me tthinking Noodle arm... But the pocket Poise is something that gives us wood since we've had pocket ****** after ******.. We need JP. unless we get a better #2 QB... JP came in and nailed Evans for the play of the year :lol: Look we are finished w/ JP and everyone knows it.. There's no more controversy anywhere. SO after the seaosn he's gone.. But will it hurt to have him as a bacup? He knows the playbook & the whole offense..I think it was wise to keep him if noboody better was available at the right price

JD
07-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Someone still thinks JP is good? lmfao.

Ebenezer
07-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Seven Things That Concern Me

so which is it?? seven or five...and before I take the time to read them are these different that the seven you gave a couple of weeks ago? or the prediction laundry list before that? you need to go outside and get some air.

feelthepain
07-05-2008, 11:17 AM
3- Health: Last year was scary with all the injuries. This is a concern for every team in the league but none more than Buffalo. Poz and Simpson are needed on the field this year.

I woud like to see a list of players and their contribution to the NFL. Since the Bills lost "so much" due to injury, I would like to know where you think the Bill players lost rank against the rest of the league.

Dr. Lecter
07-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I woud like to see a list of players and their contribution to the NFL. Since the Bills lost "so much" due to injury, I would like to know where you think the Bill players lost rank against the rest of the league.

You keep missing the point (what a shock, eh?)

The Bills injuries made them use players that were not as good. Losing Denney and Al Wallace meant more PT for Hargrove and Ryan Neill and Jason Jefferson. Simpson's injury meant Wilson, one year removed from being a PS WR, had to start and Bryan Scott had to play. Poz's injury pushed DiG into the line-up. Whittle's injury made Preston to top back-up at guard and center.

It also damaged the special teams, as the players that were on ST had to play as starters and guys like Blake Costanzo and Dustin Fox had to be ont he ST units.

In short, when any team has that many injuries they are moving down the depth chart and onto the street to find replacements who are usually of lesser value.

Understand yet?

JerseyBoofaloBills
07-05-2008, 11:51 AM

The Bills injuries made them use players that were not as good. Losing Denney and Al Wallace meant more PT for Hargrove and Ryan Neill and Jason Jefferson. Simpson's injury meant Wilson, one year removed from being a PS WR, had to start and Bryan Scott had to play. Poz's injury pushed DiG into the line-up. Whittle's injury made Preston to top back-up at guard and center.

It also damaged the special teams, as the players that were on ST had to play as starters and guys like Blake Costanzo and Dustin Fox had to be ont he ST units.

In short, when any team has that many injuries they are moving down the depth chart and onto the street to find replacements who are usually of lesser value.

Understand yet?

highly doubt he understands it..

feelthepain
07-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Understand yet?

I'm the one who doesn't understand...sure, The Bills had the same record the year before, the same offenseive and defensive ranking as the year before, wirthout all the injuries. What excuse did the Bill fans use for the 2006 season?
Funny how you didn't have the injury excuse then, at least not the injury excuse.

My question was...since you have a problem understanding simple english (what a shock, eh?) Who did the Bills lose and what was their contribution to the NFL before their injuries in 07? In other words, everyone knows Bill fans think all their players are better then everyone elses, but in the real world what players did the Bills lose, that anyone else in the league honestly respects for their efforts and production as NFL players? Ya know, All Pro's, Pro Bowlers, Playoff talent? Seriously, what did the Bills lose to injury? I'll bet not one Bill player lost in 07 was a probowl talent...ever!!!! So whoever replaced an injured player for the Bills in 07 was basically the same level of talent themselves.

hydro
07-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm the one who doesn't understand...sure, The Bills had the same record the year before, the same offenseive and defensive ranking as the year before, wirthout all the injuries. What excuse did the Bill fans use for the 2006 season?
Funny how you didn't have the injury excuse then, at least not the injury excuse.

My question was...since you have a problem understanding simple english (what a shock, eh?) Who did the Bills lose and what was their contribution to the NFL before their injuries in 07? In other words, everyone knows Bill fans think all their players are better then everyone elses, but in the real world what players did the Bills lose, that anyone else in the league honestly respects for their efforts and production as NFL players? Ya know, All Pro's, Pro Bowlers, Playoff talent? Seriously, what did the Bills lose to injury? I'll bet not one Bill player lost in 07 was a probowl talent...ever!!!! So whoever replaced an injured player for the Bills in 07 was basically the same level of talent themselves.

And yet we still beat your team 4 out of the last 4 meetings. :lmao:

P.S. We continually bring this up because we know how it enrages you.

realdealryan
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
/end Dolfins talk.

F everything if we can't get to the quarterback and protect Touchdown Trent Edwards.

I just keep thinking about the Giants. I watched them run us down after getting down early. I watched them steam through the playoffs. Let's look at the blueprint. Get Peters happy and make sure Schobel and Co. put their ass in Brady's face.

Hype? There are more "chips on shoulders" than cocky rookies, I'm sure. This isn't Dallas. We don't have our own network (NFLN & Deion) covering training camp, meetings, bathroom breaks, and groundskeeping.

And if JP tried to "there ain't no bars here" his way out of Buffalo, he would be met with an even cooler reception than he will next year as a free agent. His best bet is still to hope to come in Jets-game style and throw a lame duck that Lee Evans wrestles away for a touchdown. He hasn't put it all together yet aside from some brief sparks along the way.

We need some pieces of the puzzle to align (Hardy's immediate emergence, new offensive scheme success, Lynch to appear in games, better d-line) to make a splash this year. How about winning most of the first 4 games instead of losing them? We have been in the habit of trying to fight our way back to .500, (insert Dolphins jab here), and this trend needs to be reversed.

Albany,n.y.
07-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Well you're wrong! The Bills lost Jason Peters before the seaon ended, it resulted in 2 loses which may have turned out differently with him in there. Do you know the Bills were up 14-0 on the Super Bowl champions before the Giants came back to win after Peters left? Do you really think that Poz was replaced with an equal talent? Just because he didn't play long enough as a rookie to establish Pro Bowl credentials, doesn't mean he was replaced by an equal player. The notion that all non pro bowl players are the same is absurd, and that's puting it kindly. Starter Ko Simpson was 1st replaced by a guy the Bills cut at the end of the season, then by a converted receiver who made a great play on, hmmm what team before his injury in that game? Now throw in all the other players who got hurt & then see that they were replaced by guys sitting home before the Bills called and you can't honestly use the he wasn't a Pro Bowler so it's no great loss premise.

Turf
07-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Two things bother me the most.

1: The head coach

2: The center

For obvious reasons I won't bore you with why.

Goobylal
07-05-2008, 07:58 PM
What was the excuse for 2006? How about a new coaching staff and philosophies on offense and defense? Kind of like what the Fins will be facing, except with no hope of even approaching a 7-9 record.

You really are simple (as if I need to actually write that). If you think that every player who isn't an "All Pro, Pro Bowler, [or] Playoff talent" is the same, you're even more clueless than I thought.

But you've basically given reasons as to why the Dolphins shouldn't be much better this year than they were last year. They lost most than they gained, will have a new coaching staff and rookie head coach with virtually NO head coaching experience, and will be switching to a 3-4 without having the personnel for it (and it will be even worse if Taylor is traded or sits-out).

patmoran2006
07-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Ya know.
Nobody has more respect for the fans of other teams on this board more than myself.

But I think its time FeelThePain received a nice long, vacation from posting at BillsZone.

Unlike guys like NE39 and a variety of Jets and Fins fans, you bring absolutely nothing on this board.. THere is a difference between debating points and just intentionally stirring the pot, and you literally do nothing but that.

I would answer your question, but its only going to lead to another bull**** post on your end. This is a football board to discuss football, if you want to find a "your team sucks" or "my team is better" board, I'm sure there are many around the net.

Goobylal
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Ya know.
Nobody has more respect for the fans of other teams on this board more than myself.

But I think its time FeelThePain received a nice long, vacation from posting at BillsZone.

Unlike guys like NE39 and a variety of Jets and Fins fans, you bring absolutely nothing on this board.. THere is a difference between debating points and just intentionally stirring the pot, and you literally do nothing but that.

I would answer your question, but its only going to lead to another bull**** post on your end. This is a football board to discuss football, if you want to find a "your team sucks" or "my team is better" board, I'm sure there are many around the net.
I don't know that he should be banned. His posts are pure comedy! I mean, how can anyone forget his posts about Culpepper?

feelthepain
07-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Ya know.

Oh Boo frikin hoo!!! I've tried very hard to have reasonble conversations on this board but most of the two year olds on Mommy and Daddys computers seem to enjoy posting crap in response...something you don't ever seem to notice, but you don't miss one bad post I submit! There's a huge shock!!

In my post you're responding to, I ask a very valid and reasonable question, you're just one of the immature ones who can't grasp the fact that the Bills don't have a team full of pro bowlers, but you get offended when someone points it out to you. I don't run the Bills, I don't draft their players, I don't sign their FA's. If you can't list "ALL THE TALENT" you lost to injury....cause there wasn't any, blame your HC and GM.

I see you can go out of your way to submit your whiny opinion about me, where's the list of All pro, Pro Bowl or playoff talent lost to injury in 07 I asked for in my post? Never mind, there is no list, therefore your injuries that you think is an excuse for 7-9 last year isn't an excuse at all, but you keep believing it is.

gr8slayer
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Oh Boo frikin hoo!!! I've tried very hard to have reasonble conversations on this board but most of the two year olds on Mommy and Daddys computers seem to enjoy posting crap in response...something you don't ever seem to notice, but you don't miss one bad post I submit! There's a huge shock!!

In my post you're responding to, I ask a very valid and reasonable question, you're just one of the immature ones who can't grasp the fact that the Bills don't have a team full of pro bowlers, but you get offended when someone points it out to you. I don't run the Bills, I don't draft their players, I don't sign their FA's. If you can't list "ALL THE TALENT" you lost to injury....cause there wasn't any, blame your HC and GM.

I see you can go out of your way to submit your whiny opinion about me, where's the list of All pro, Pro Bowl or playoff talent lost to injury in 07 I asked for in my post? Never mind, there is no list, therefore your injuries that you think is an excuse for 7-9 last year isn't an excuse at all, but you keep believing it is.
:rofl: keep the classics coming.

Jan Reimers
07-06-2008, 06:33 AM
I have no problem with ftp. He's been on my ignore list for a long, long time.

patmoran2006
07-06-2008, 11:47 AM

The Bills had MORE players on injured reserve last year than any team in the entire NFL. Not the division. Not the conference. The ENTIRE NFL. I don't care if they were "Pro Bowlers". They were starters and/or contributors to this team. They were guys that went into camp and the season with an important role, and guys who played less if at all had to step in. Therefore, that makes the "Injury Point" valid.

Is that ****ing clear enough for you to comprehend yet???

realdealryan
07-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm still missing the aim of ftp posting on a Bills site. Annoying the locals might be the aim, but to continually push your own views and appear starved for validation is basically pointless here.

feelthepain
07-06-2008, 01:10 PM
The Bills had MORE players on injured reserve last year than any team in the entire NFL. Not the division. Not the conference. The ENTIRE NFL. I don't care if they were "Pro Bowlers". They were starters and/or contributors to this team. They were guys that went into camp and the season with an important role, and guys who played less if at all had to step in. Therefore, that makes the "Injury Point" valid.

Right, pro bowlers and all pro's don't make a team better. All teams are equal, it's why teams like the Steelers, Cowboy's and 49er's have all their SB rings and the Bills don't have one...cause every team has the same level of talent. I know in your little uneducated football mind every team has the same talent at every position, but in real life pro bowlers and all pro's are such because their the best at what they do and the teams that have those type of players are the ones in the playoffs and winning SB's.

patmoran2006
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Right, pro bowlers and all pro's don't make a team better. All teams are equal, it's why teams like the Steelers, Cowboy's and 49er's have all their SB rings and the Bills don't have one...cause every team has the same level of talent. I know in your little uneducated football mind every team has the same talent at every position, but in real life pro bowlers and all pro's are such because their the best at what they do and the teams that have those type of players are the ones in the playoffs and winning SB's.
Dallas, for all their "Pro Bowlers" won how many playoff games over the past two years? that would be zero.

My post never claimed the Bills were as good as the Cowboys or any elite team.. My post cited we suffered more injuries than any team in the NFL last year, and whether a player is a "Pro Bowler" or not, he's a starter or contributor on this team, and he had to be replaced with someone of less talent and/or experience. That effects a team, Einstein.

Goobylal
07-06-2008, 01:49 PM

The Bills lost their starting FS in the first game. Their starting MLB and a guy leading the NFL in tackles in the 3rd game. Their #2 WR in 4th. Their nickel DB in the 9th game. Were without 3rd DE Ryan Denney for the first 9 games and he was hobbled the remainder of the season. Their 4th DE Anthony Hargrove, missed 4 games due to suspension. Starting OLB Keith Ellison missed 4 games. And Lynch missed 3 games. A couple starters like Peters, Whitner, and Wilson (a backup turned starter) missed a handful of games.

feelthepain
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Dallas, for all their "Pro Bowlers" won how many playoff games over the past two years? that would be zero.

My post never claimed the Bills were as good as the Cowboys or any elite team.. My post cited we suffered more injuries than any team in the NFL last year, and whether a player is a "Pro Bowler" or not, he's a starter or contributor on this team, and he had to be replaced with someone of less talent and/or experience. That effects a team, Einstein.
Which leads us to my point, the Bills injured or not are not an elite team, so who cares how many injuries they had. Bill fans think because they had injuries in 07 that's why they weren't better. They also think the return of those injuries makes them even better this year. I argue that it's hardly a fact the Bills are or will be better regardless of who they get back because who they lost was hardly a superior talent.

I also pointed out that the Bills had the same record and offensive and defensive records in 06 as they did in 07, except in 06 they didn't have the injuries in 06. Obviously they are basically a 7-9 team with or without their starters. It ain't rocket scinece and it's hardly someone just hating on the Bills, it's an opinion based on the facts. You for some reason are so immature that you can't see the forrest for the trees.

The Bills did next to nothing this off season to improve their talent, a move here a move there. They spend their top draft pick on a player that in their system could be played by an avg CB. In the Tampa 2 CB aren't on an island they have lots of help, therefore they don't need to be the best at what they do. The Bills needed to fortify both lines, they have no Center and their right side of the Oline needs to be better. They also made one addition to the Dline....ONE!!! A guy that 4 years ago was very good, but this isn't 4 years ago. The Bills did the least in the division to improve their team and they were in need of improvement as any team in the AFC East.

Goobylal
07-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Which leads us to my point, the Bills injured or not are not an elite team, so who cares how many injuries they had. Bill fans think because they had injuries in 07 that's why they weren't better. They also think the return of those injuries makes them even better this year. I argue that it's hardly a fact the Bills are or will be better regardless of who they get back because who they lost was hardly a superior talent.

I also pointed out that the Bills had the same record and offensive and defensive records in 06 as they did in 07, except in 06 they didn't have the injuries in 06. Obviously they are basically a 7-9 team with or without their starters. It ain't rocket scinece and it's hardly someone just hating on the Bills, it's an opinion based on the facts. You for some reason are so immature that you can't see the forrest for the trees.

The Bills did next to nothing this off season to improve their talent, a move here a move there. They spend their top draft pick on a player that in their system could be played by an avg CB. In the Tampa 2 CB aren't on an island they have lots of help, therefore they don't need to be the best at what they do. The Bills needed to fortify both lines, they have no Center and their right side of the Oline needs to be better. They also made one addition to the Dline....ONE!!! A guy that 4 years ago was very good, but this isn't 4 years ago. The Bills did the least in the division to improve their team and they were in need of improvement as any team in the AFC East.
Fine then FTP. The Dols lost no Pro Bowlers last year and thus no one of importance. Hence they are a 1-15 team again this year.

shelby
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
ftp, feel free to express your opinions, but please stop attacking other posters. It is not ok to call someone else immature. If you want to bicker like a third grader, start a thread in the Smack Zone. Thanks.

patmoran2006
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM

FTP. I urge you to take up the fine art of reading comprehension.

1- This poster never said the Bills were an "elite" team. The post there were seven points that worried me above all else, and injuries was one of them. I'd assume if a fan of any of the 32 NFL teams was posting something similar about their team, the worry of injuries would be near the top of their list as well.

2- At any part of my original post did I say the Bills weren't better in 2007 because of injuries? I did not.

3- To say the Bills did "next to nothing" to improve their talent either proves you intentionally just come on this board to stir up trouble, or you truly know nothing about football.

The Bills were weak in the front seven above all else defensively, and the solidified that by trading for a two-time Pro Bowl DT and signing a valuable OLB with Super Bowl winning experience. They then signed a great rotational DT in Spencer Johnson. They also used their first three draft picks on positions they likely upgraded at; corner, wide receiver and defensive end. On top of that, do you think that it's freegin possible the Bills struggled at times last year because.. well, let's see. They had a ROOKIE quarterback starting, and a ROOKIE running back, with a RB backing him up who'd never seen NFL action. And that perhaps for the OL, 3/5 of the starters hadn't played/started for Buffalo before (Dockery, Walker, Butler). and just maybe the defense underachieved in PART because their starting FS and MLB were gone for the year by the 9th quarter of the season? George Wilson and John DiGiorgio were God samn season-long starters.

So while I never said the Bills were an elite team with or without the injuries, the injuries had a large effect on this team.

Now I'm done responding to you, becuase it's literally a waste of time. I'll save my debates for someone who has a clue, or isn't intentionally just being a knucklehead.

Goobylal
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
The Bills were weak in the front seven above all else defensively, and the solidified that by trading for a two-time Pro Bowl DT...
Correction, a 3-time Pro Bowl and more importantly 3-time AP All-Pro, which doesn't rely on favoritism and/or fan votes. Compared to his teammates John Henderson, who is a 2-time Pro Bowler and 1-time AP All-Pro.

But the stupidity of FTP's line of stream-of-consciousness'ing is what gets me. The team goes 7-9 in 2006, has the most players injured in the league in 2007 and still the same record, but they wouldn't have done any better had they been healthy? That's some brilliance right there!

realdealryan
07-06-2008, 08:23 PM

Regardless of ANY of our players' talent levels relative to the other teams in the NFL, if the starters get injured, we get worse. Elite or not, this is easy to comprehend. Or so I thought...

feelthepain
07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
ftp, feel free to express your opinions, but please stop attacking other posters. It is not ok to call someone else immature. If you want to bicker like a third grader, start a thread in the Smack Zone. Thanks.

Gee it sure is nuce of you to notice me calliing someone immature and somehow that means I bicker like a third grader, but the rest of the Bill fans here say whatever they like and are the ones who start the insulting 99% of the time, and you have nothing to say to them. Great Moding!

feelthepain
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
FTP. I urge you to take up the fine art of reading comprehension.

1- This poster never said the Bills were an "elite" team. The post there were seven points that worried me above all else, and injuries was one of them. I'd assume if a fan of any of the 32 NFL teams was posting something similar about their team, the worry of injuries would be near the top of their list as well.
Where did I say any Bill fan said their team was elite? Everyone worries about the effect of injuries and the outcome of those injuries, that's a given. This is not my point!

2- At any part of my original post did I say the Bills weren't better in 2007 because of injuries? I did not
Where did I say YOU or any Bill fan did? I think what I said was Bill fans think they WOULD have been better in 07 without their injuries. What I said is in black and white, read it.

3- To say the Bills did "next to nothing" to improve their talent either proves you intentionally just come on this board to stir up trouble, or you truly know nothing about football.
This is a HUGE problem Bill fans have. Why is it an intentionally said to stir up trouble? Cause it doesn't make you happy? Please stop, everyone has a right to their opinion, I said what I said based on who was signed and where they were they will play. I know where the Bills weaknesses are, it's not top seceret information.

The Bills need a Dline, they add one injury prone, drug suspended DT who hasn't been effect for some 4 years now....well no more effect then anyone else on the Bills Dline now.

The Bills need a C and RT to upgrade their Oline, they did nothing to address those positions.

The Bills need a TE they did nothing to address that position, sure you drafted a player and there's always a chance sommone could surprise, but that's hardly an effort to address the problem.

The Bills draft what 3 CB's ? One was all they needed and they didn't need to draft one with their first selection, they could have gone with eeither Line with their first pick and it would have been a better selection due to their desperate need at those positions.

In FA who did the Bills sign? Mittchell and Stroud? Both decent signings but hardly stellar signings. Not nearly enough to fill their needs. The Bills needed to cut somne people and bring in better talent, it's why there are no pro bowlers or playoff wins for the Bills. Every year the Bill fans think they have enough tlent to make a playoff push and every year it's anything but. It's not like your team is making the playopffs and winning a lot of games.

The Bills were weak in the front seven above all else defensively, and the solidified that by trading for a two-time Pro Bowl DT and signing a valuable OLB with Super Bowl winning experience. They then signed a great rotational DT in Spencer Johnson. They also used their first three draft picks on positions they likely upgraded at; corner, wide receiver and defensive end. On top of that, do you think that it's freegin possible the Bills struggled at times last year because.. well, let's see. They had a ROOKIE quarterback starting, and a ROOKIE running back, with a RB backing him up who'd never seen NFL action. And that perhaps for the OL, 3/5 of the starters hadn't played/started for Buffalo before (Dockery, Walker, Butler). and just maybe the defense underachieved in PART because their starting FS and MLB were gone for the year by the 9th quarter of the season? George Wilson and John DiGiorgio were God samn season-long starters.
I already addressed the DT and OLB, as for who you drafted in Hardy and I assume ytalking aboutr Ellis. We'll see what they can do, but at this point they aren't Dwight Freeny and Marvin Harrison.

I really love how you can look at your teams situation and say,

"do you think that it's freegin possible the Bills struggled at times last year because.. well, let's see. They had a ROOKIE quarterback starting, and a ROOKIE running back, with a RB backing him up who'd never seen NFL action."

Like your team was the only team to have injuries, the Dolphins lost a lot more talent then the Bills and in neither game last year did the Bills face the best players we have. Trent Green, Green Ronnie Brown, Zach Thomas, Yeremiah Bell just to mention a few, while we started a Rookie C, QB, WR, FB and we had a Rookie HC.

The reason I say the Bills did little this off season, is because they did little. You added two D players in FA and your DP's, that's it. The Bills haven't been a playoff team in nearly 10 years, it's because they don't change the things they need to change to compete.

Miami has turned over nearly half their roster, brought in one of the best football minds in the NFL they added a young GM with a glowing reputation for spotting talent. In the draft we added to both the Oline and Dline, we added another QB, and RB. In FA we rebuilt our ST's added a Big WR and we beefed up the nickle and dime defenses with big hard hitting corners and safties, On the Oline we added Justin Smiley a young G in his prime on the front seven we added LB in Reggie Torbor who also played in the SB last year on a winning team.

Bottom line, the Dolphins know they needed to make a lot of changes to start to compete, we knew it wasn't going to work if we just added a piece or two and continued down the same path. For the Bills the same path is where they will go again this year, they have a HC that's proven he's not a playoff coach, one season in his whole career he was a playoff coach. He has a losing record otherwise, including his entire stay with the Bills.

So while I never said the Bills were an elite team with or without the injuries, the injuries had a large effect on this team.
How can you say this when the year before they didn't have the injuries and everything they did was exactly the same in 06 as it was in 07? You say there was a large effect on the team due to injury...which is YOUR OPINION, but if you look at 06 and 07 one season with a lot of injuries and one season without and both seasons were exactly the same when you look at statististics and record common sense tells you the Bills are the same team with their starters and without their starters. So where does the large effect come into play?

Now I'm done responding to you, becuase it's literally a waste of time. I'll save my debates for someone who has a clue, or isn't intentionally just being a knucklehead.

...Or it's just you making excuses for a team that is what it is, 7-9 with or without their starters.

gr8slayer
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Gee it sure is nuce of you to notice me calliing someone immature and somehow that means I bicker like a third grader, but the rest of the Bill fans here say whatever they like and are the ones who start the insulting 99% of the time, and you have nothing to say to them. Great Moding!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: